• ...
6
 144
 1,967

6. Flash's Advice

You and Flash were in your room as Flash was giving you information about Sunset and Dusk Shine. He had already told you about what to expect at the Self-Defense club. From what you were hearing the teacher was a special guest. You didn't have a clue who the special guest could be but it didn't matter and Flash being like how he always was, wasn't telling you who the special person was. All you cared about was wanting to know how to take down Sunset and Dusk Shine, or anyone else that could be a problem to you.

"Hey, so Flash, do you know what Sunset's or Dusk Shine's specializes in or what their weaknesses are?" You asked. You were hoping that Flash could at least give you some facts about them.

"If you were to face off with Sunset she most likely does karate then boxing, as for Dusk Shine he'll do boxing then karate." Flash said.

"Are they just bad at the other subject or do they just like the other subject more." You asked confused as to why they only did one of the two. "I mean, if they teach both karate and boxing why just do one?"

"Sunset's tactics is that first she defends to waste all your stamina by attacking her then she'll attack you." Flash said. "She did that on me once and she got the better of me. I was only able to beat her once, Sunset is strong so be careful of her."

"So she more of a defensive person?" You asked. As you thought about it, her plan was pretty smart. Make the person waste their stamina by attacking and then when they tire themselves out she attacks and wins with ease.

"Yep, so if you face off with her don't attack at first let her come to you." Flash said. "Let her come to you, not the other way around."

"So as for Dusk Shine?" You asked. He was the one you most wanted to know, anything you got about him would be helpful.

"As for Dusk Shine, he likes to dominate his opponents by attacking them." Flash said. "He beats his opponents with powers. No tricks, no nothing, just power."

"So if I face Dusk Shine I defend?" You asked. What Flash had told you wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear.

Flash shook his head. "Not necessarily, he defeated Sunset and she tried to defend against him."

"He beat Sunset?" You asked. You were surprised that he had beaten Sunset.

"Yep, it was Sophomore year, the finals were between Sunset and Dusk Shine. Sunset was the current champion v.s Dusk Shine who was the challenger. Dusk Shine won the match three to one. He took down his opponents in a matter of seconds and it's been like that since Sophomore." Flash said. "Dusk Shine is strong, and has been defeated for years."

"So he doesn't have a weakness?" You asked. You sighed, how could you beat someone who didn't have a weakness?

"Everyone has a weakness Anon, we just haven't found him yet." Flash said as he put a hand on your shoulder.

Well, that was useful... sort of. You know how to take on Sunset if you face her, but as for Dusk Shine you didn't have a clue. Well, you always did like a challenge, this was just going to be one of the harder challenges you've had to face.

"Hey, so Anon can I ask you a question?" Flash asked as he looked at you.

You looked over at Flash. "Sure what is it."

Flash tilted his head as he looked at you. "Why did you want to join the Self Defense club anyways?"

"To take down Sunset and Dusk Shine, to become champion." You said with confidence. What you weren't going to tell Flash that what you said was a white lie. You did want to defeat Sunset and Dusk Shine but you also wanted to impress Sonata.

"Any other reasons?" Flash asked as he looked at you suspiciously.

You looked at Flash confused. "No... why?"

"Anon I know you better than anyone, you entered the Self Defense club so that you could impress Sonata." Flash smirked. You looked at Flash surprised, how did he know?

"W-What?" You said. You couldn't believe it, Flash knew? Were you so obvious that even someone like Flash could tell?

"Don't lie, I see how you look at her, all I want to know is how long have you liked her?" Flash asked crossing his arms.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." You said as you accidentally stuttered. Flash stared at you as you looked away from him.

"Either you tell me or I tell Sonata you like her." Flash said. You glared at him but you could tell he was serious.

"Are you blackmailing me?" You asked looking at Flash surprised that he actually did something smart.

"Yes, yes I am." Flash said with a smirk.

You sighed, you couldn't say no when Flash was blackmailing you. "Fine, yes I like Sonata. How did you know, I thought I was hiding it pretty well." You looked at Flash wondering how he knew.

Flash shook his head. "Nope, not really it was pretty obvious. I think the others know about it too."

You rolled your eyes. "Great so everyone knows, wait, does Sonata know?"

Flash thought about it for a second. "That I don't know, from the way she is I don't think so. I mean she's not the smartest tool in the box."

"As long as she doesn't know I think I'll be fine. But I'm not trying to impress her, honest. I really do want to beat Sunset and Dusk Shine." You said seriously.

Flash nodded his head. "I believe you, I just want to know the story of how you started to like Sonata."

"If I tell you will you tell Sonata?" You asked as you looked at Flash suspiciously.

"Nope, cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Flash said repeating the Pinkie promise. "And you know I can't tell her now or I'll never hear the end of it from Pinkie Pie."

He wasn't wrong the last time someone broke a Pinkie promise, which was Rainbow Dash, you had never seen Pinkie so mad before. You could never forget the way Pinkie behaved, she was so scared that she made Rainbow wet herself in fear of her. She was scarier than your mom and dad when they get mad. If Flash told Sonata he would have to face off with a sycophantic Pinkie Pie.

You sighed, you had to tell Flash, he was your bro. "Fine, it was after Sonata asked Dusk Shine, was when I found out that I liked Sonata."

"So you've liked Sonata for six years now!!" Flash yelled.

"Yep, and it's only grown since then, but I guess as long as she's happy I'm happy." You said shrugging your shoulders.

"Well, I don't know what to tell you but all I can say is good luck." Flash said as he smiled at you.

You rolled your eyes. "Real helpful Flash, as if I couldn't see you looking at Sunset lately."

Flash looked over at you surprised. "Wow, first off what do want me to say? And second, I don't like Sunset."

You smiled as you rolled your eyes for what felt like the hundredth time today. "Sure... whatever you say, anyways have you ever faced off with Sunset or Dusk Shine." You said trying to change the subject.

"I faced off with Dusk Shine but I lost to him in the semi-finals. As for Sunset, we've only had training battles, I won a small amount of the time." Flash said as she scratched the back of his head.

"Is there anyone else other than Sunset and Dusk Shine I should worry about?" You asked him. You hated to admit it but Flash was your best chance right now to know anything about Sunset or Dusk Shine.

"Blueblood could be somewhat of a challenge. Also now that Aria and Rainbow Dash entered they could give you a run for your money." Flash said as he thought about anyone else that could be a problem.

You nodded your head at what Flash said. "Do you know what Blueblood's specializes in?"

Flash nodded his head. "Blueblood attacks first then he defends."

"What kind of strategy is that?" You asked. You had never seen a strategy like that before, who attacks and then goes on the defense?

Flash shrugged his shoulders. "I don't really know but it confuses his opponents which helps him win a lot of his battles."

"So he attacks then out of nowhere he starts to defend?" You asked. You couldn't believe a strategy like that could help Blueblood win battles.

"Hey it worked, he made it all the way to the semi-finals due to that strategy." Flash said surprising you.

"So do you think I stand a good chance at winning?" You asked, you needed to know if Flash thought you had a chance or not.

Flash thought about it. "Well you don't have as much experience as the others but I think you could stand a good chance if you don't face them."

You smiled as you thought about it. "Hey, I'm a fast learner I'll catch on quickly."

"You may be a fast learner I'll admit that but, all I'm saying is that they have more experience and technique than you." Flash spoke his mind.

"Yeah, but I know their techniques so I have the advantage against them." You said with a smirk.

"Don't get too cocky now Anon, you don't want to lose immediately." Flash said warning you.

"I'm not getting cocky." You told him. "I just think having experience and techniques aren't everything, you could get lucky."

"What are you talking about Anon?" Flash asked as he looked at you confused.

You shrugged. "They could mess up or make a wrong play. One wrong move could be the match. Just because they have experience doesn't make them undefeatable. You just have to have some faith."

"I guess you got a point." Flash said nodding his head.

You checked what time it was, you hadn't noticed but it was getting late. Time sure does fly when you're talking to your friends.

"Hey Flash, you want to spend the night?" You asked.

"Sure, let me just call my mom to let her know." Flash said as he stood up to call his mom.

As Flash left the room you couldn't lie and say what Flash said was wrong. He was right having experience and technique was important. Dusk Shine and Sunset weren't beginners they had far more experience than you. They weren't going to be a walk in the park, you were going to have to train twice as hard if you wanted to stand a chance against them. Even Aria and Rainbow Dash will be hard to take down they had far more confidence than you. It wasn't like you didn't have confidence, just not as much as Aria or Rainbow.

Sunset had three years prior of experience and Dusk Shine as Flash has said doesn't have a weakness. Blueblood had an interesting strategy, Aria and Rainbow even though they don't have the experience have gotten into fights with other students that were messing around with Fluttershy. Even though Rainbow and Aria were outnumbered the match was heavily one-sided with Aria and Rainbow barely breaking a sweat. If you had any hope of winning before it was slowly disappearing.

Flash walked back into your room with a sleeping bag and two bowls of popcorn. He most likely got them from your mom.

"My mom said it was fine, your mom gave me the sleeping bag and she made popcorn for us." Flash said as he handed you a bowl.

You took the bowl and grabbed a handful of popcorn. "Thanks, you need some spare pj's?"

"It doesn't matter, I can sleep in my clothes." Flash said as he sat back down.

"On a school night? You're gonna sleep in your clothes that you'll have to wear tomorrow?" You said. Flash was something else if he was really about to do that.

Flash shook his head. "I'll just borrow some of your clothes for tomorrow."

"Yeah, no thanks, take one of my pj's." You said as you got up to go to your closet.

"Alright, give me a sec, then we can watch a movie." Flash said as he too got up.

Flash may be your friend but you weren't going to let him wear your clothes to school. You looked for a good movie to watch but you couldn't see one that you both could like, especially since Flash was picky with his movies.

As you pressed play on the movie you started to think about everything. You were really starting to doubt if you could win. But all you could think of was one thing.

Were you really capable of actually defeating Sunset and Dusk Shine?