• ...
6
 144
 1,976

5. Joining a Club

Do you have a friend that's like a bug that won't go anyway? Or that food in-between your teeth that you can't get out no matter how hard you try. Well, that's how Flash was acting toward you lately. He's been persistent about you joining a club for your last year at Canterlot. But you on the other hand didn't want to join a club, it just wasn't your style.

You weren't really interested in the clubs CHS had to offer. All of the sports clubs were already taken up, you weren't a fan of joining the science, writing, or acting clubs, the anime club and the art was also taken up, and you definitely didn't want to bake stuff. The last time you tried baking something with Pinkie you almost burnt down the kitchen. Every club was either filled up, or the clubs just weren't interesting.

There was a week left for students to pick a club for the year. And all you had to do was to wait for a whole week until choosing clubs would be over, but with how Flash was, that wouldn't be easy. I mean what did Flash not understand by you not wanting to join a club? Joining a club wouldn't hurt your grade, and joining a club is optional not a choice the principal was forcing you to take. You couldn't just stay away from Flash either because he was your best friend, but you really didn't want to join a club. You looked up and, oh, speak of the devil here comes Flash right now coming towards you.

"Hey, Anon, what's up." said Flash as he waved to you.

"Nothing just headed to lunch." You said as you tried walking past him, you knew what he was up to.

Flash nodded his head as he followed you. "Oh ok, did you join a club yet?"

You sighed, you knew this was going to happen. "Flash for the last time I'm not going to join a club."

Flash scoffed. "Come on Anon, you should join one, at least for your last year of high school."

You were really starting to get pissed off with Flash bugging on asking you repeatedly just to join some stupid club you didn't even want to join. A club is just a club it's not like not joining one is the end of the world. But Flash was making it seem like if you didn't join one you would be a monster.

"You're not going to shut up until I join a club, will you?" You asked as you turned to face Flash with an annoyed expression.

"Nope." Flash said with a big smile. "So what do you say? Will you join one? Or do you want me to keep on annoying you for another week straight?"

You sighed, Flash knew what he was doing and it was working on you. "Fine I'll join some stupid club, but just so that you can shut up. But I'll do it after school and if there aren't any clubs that interest me then count me out." As you started heading back to the cafeteria to get some lunch.

Flash nodded as he followed you. "That's far enough, do you need some help picking one."

You looked over at Flash like he was an idiot. "Flash do I look like I'm five years old?"

Flash smiled. You swore if you saw that stupid smile one more time you were going to punch him. "No, but you haven't chosen one yet, and most of the clubs are filled up."

"That's true, but that doesn't mean I'll need your help." You said as you rolled your eyes.

Flash just laughed it off. "Fine, fine, let's go get some lunch."

"Now, that's the smartest thing you've said all day." You said as you picked up your pace to get to the cafeteria.

As you and Flash got your lunch and went over to sit with the girls. You once again noticed that Sonata and Applejack weren't there so you guessed Sonata was sitting with Dusk Shine again. As for Applejack, you didn't know where she was, maybe she was sick and didn't come to school for the day. You saw Rainbow and Aria holding something in their hands but you couldn't see what the paper said. As you and Flash sat down you were able to see what the paper said.

'The Self-Defense club, only a few spots left.' You read off the paper, what the heck was the Self-Defense Club? And why were Aria and Rainbow looking at it?

"Flash, what the heck is a Self Defense club?" You asked as you looked over at Flash for answers.

"It's a club where you learn how to defend yourself, it specializes in Karate and Boxing. I joined it in my Sophomore year and it's actually pretty fun." Flash explained.

You nodded your head as you looked over at Aria and Rainbow. "Looks like Aria and Rainbow Dash joined it." Just then you thought of something. "Hey Flash, you never told me what club you joined?"

Flash looked up from his food. "Oh, I took up the guitar."

You smiled as you ate your food. "You always did want to take up the guitar, looks like you'll be able to actually learn it."

"You're not wrong there Anon." Flash said with a smile of his own as he finished up his food.

"I'm going to win!!!" Aria yelled.

"The only one who's going to win is me!!!" Rainbow Dash yelled back.

Twilight sighed at the two yelling girls. "Oh boy here we go again."

Adagio looked over at the two girls with an annoyed face. "Can you two for once in your life grow up and be mature."

"I don't think that's possible Adagio." Sunset said as she too looked at Rainbow and Aria.

"Let them be them, it's their way of letting each other know that they love each other." Pinkie Pie said with a big smile as she ate some candy that seemingly came out of nowhere.

"Still, it's not very woman like darling." Rarity said as she took a bite of her salad.

"Some women just like sports and fighting with each other. " Flash said shrugging his shoulders.

"Wait, Rainbow the self-defense club isn't a sports club, so why are you joining it?" Fluttershy said as she looked at her childhood friend.

That's actually not a bad question the self-defense club from what Flash says teaches you how to defend yourself, and she already joined all the sports clubs. The Self-Defense club did however have karate and boxing which are sports, and plus, it taught people how to defend themselves if they ever got into a situation where they had to fight.

"That's true, but they specialize in karate and boxing which are sports." Rainbow Dash said informing Fluttershy. You knew that was the reason why she joined that club.

"Oh, ok." Fluttershy said as she went back to eating her own salad.

"Man seeing a match between Rainbow Dash and Aria now that's something I would like to see." You said looking over at Aria and Rainbow who were staring each other down.

"My money is on Rainbow, she's the captain of every sports club that takes some serious strength." Pinkie Pie suddenly appears beside you making you jump back from the sudden jumpscare.

"Sorry Pinkie, but Aria is stronger, and plus being in a sports doesn't mean she's not got the strength to beat Rainbow Dash." Flash said. "Trust me, Aria has a mean punch to her. I learned that the hard way." Flash then held his stomach remembering the bad time.

You looked over at Flash and rolled your eyes with a smile. "And you have no one to blame but yourself. I told you going into her diary was a bad idea, but nooo, you had other ideas." You then started laughing as you remembered Flash getting punched in the stomach. You heard a small 'hey' from Flash but you didn't care.

Thankfully the bell rang, and you were glad, now you didn't need to hear any more bickering between Aria and Rainbow Dash. As you headed out of the cafeteria with Flash you started to think about the Self-Defense Club, now which was a club that caught your interest.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly, and just like you told Flash, the two of you headed to the list of clubs that the school had. Once you got there you could only see a few clubs left with spaces. As you read the list you saw the Self-Defense Club still had a few spots left. You looked at who entered the club, Rainbow Dash and Aria not a surprise. Dusk Shine, Blueblood, and Sunset now they were a surprise to you.

"Hey Flash, did you know that Dusk Shine and Sunset entered the Self-Defense club?" You asked looking at some of the other's names in the club. You saw Snips and Snails, now they were going to get killed in there.

"Yeah, Sunset's been in that club since Freshman year, as for Dusk Shine he's been in that club since Sophomore year. Dusk Shine has actually been the Champion for the past two years now." Flash said as he looked down at his phone.

'Champion for the past two years huh.' You didn't know much about karate or boxing but you did know one thing, you were going to dethrone the Dusk Shine and become Champion. You took out a pen and wrote your name on the sign-up sheet with confidence.

"You're going to enter the Self Defense club??" Flash asked you.

"You bet, I'm going to beat Dusk Shine and become Champion." You said with confidence. Your main goal was to defeat Dusk Shine no matter what.

"Well, I wish you good luck, Anon." Flash said with a smile as you smiled back at him.

"Hi Flash, Hi Anon!" A voice called out.

You could tell whose voice that was without even having to turn around. As you turned around you saw Sonata running towards you and Flash with a smile. Behind her was her boyfriend Dusk Shine walking with his friend Blueblood.

"Hi Sonata, how are you." You said as you smiled at her.

"I'm good, what are you guys doing by the club list?" Sonata asked as she had her hand behind her back.

"Anon just joined the Self Defense club." Flash said as he put you in a bro-hug.

That caught Dusk Shine's and Blueblood's attention. Once Flash said that they stopped talking with each other and looked at you with a confused expression.

"That's awesome, you're actually going to join a club this year. Dusky is also in that club maybe you two will face off, My boyfriend and my best friend that would be a match to see." Sonata said with a bright smile.

"Anon actually joined the club just to face off with Dusk Shine and become Champion." Flash said giving you away. You glared at him as Dusk Shine walks up and looks down at you and smiles.

"Oh, is he now?" Dusk Shine said as he looked down at you. He was taller than you by a bit so he had to look down at you.

You smirked as you stared right into his eyes. "Yep, first it'll be Sunset, then your next."

Dusk Shine smiled. "Well I wish you good luck, your gonna need it."

You crossed your arms. "Thanks, but I won't need it as much as you think."

You looked at him and he looked at you. If looks could kill both of you would have been dead. Tension filled the air with how you two were looking at each other. Neither one of you wanted to let go of the intense stare-down that was going on. But after a while, it ended at the sound of Sonata laughing.

"Well, that would be nice to see a match between two people I care for." Her attention then turned to Dusk Shine. "come on Dusk Shine we better go, we'll see you guys later, bye Flash, bye Anon." Sonata said as she waved goodbye.

"Bye, Sonata, bye Dusk Shine." You and Flash both said as you two waved goodbye.

"Come on Anon let's get going, I'll tell you everything about Dusk Shine and Sunset when I was in the Self Defense club." Flash said as he started to leave.

"Thanks, Flash, let's get going." You said as you followed him.

As you two headed out of the school, you listened to what Flash had to tell you, all you could think about was the Self-Defense club. You wondered what the club would be like, and if you were actually gonna like it. Dusk Shine and Sunset, two people you would have to defeat in order to become Champion. Along with people like Rainbow and Aria, it would be hard, but you were confident.

Only time will tell if you could be able to defeat them all and become Champion.

Author's Note:

I just want to say that at my high school there was a club called Self Defense and it did teach us Karate and Boxing. The reason why I chose Self Defense to be the club will all make since later in the book I promise.