• ...
6
 144
 1,967

4. My Feelings Never Once Changed

You looked out of the window as you thought back to those memories you could only feel heartbroken. It had been six years since Sonata asked Dusk Shine out. Yes, you heard me SIX YEARS. Not a week, not a month, not a year, six years.

You were currently a senior at CHS High School. As you were looking out the window in your math class, you remembered everything that changed since Sonata asked him, and since you joined high school. You were still Anon a normal average high school student at CHS. Since those six years, two big things had happened that caught your attention.

The first thing you noticed was that once you started middle school and high school you meet five amazing girls that became your friends. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy. Applejack was an honest and trustworthy person, Rainbow Dash was an athletic person as she was the captain of every sports club at CHS, not only that but she was also very loyal. Pinkie Pie was super fun to be around, she was... interesting to put it, and there was a lot of laughter at her parties. Rarity made some of the best clothes you've ever seen, she's always ready to make you something if you need it, a very generous person. Finally, there was Fluttershy, she was very shy, but once she gets out of her shell she can be very different. Fluttershy loves animals more than anyone you know. She was always there to help someone out if they needed help, a very kind person.

The second thing you noticed was that Sonata was always getting hurt one way or another. The first time you saw it she had a hurt leg, she was limping, you had asked her and she said she just fell down the stairs. You didn't question it because you've fallen downstairs plenty of times. That was until she came to school with a black eye that was when you got curious, she said she wasn't looking where she was going and someone hit her with their locker. You didn't think that was possible so you asked if she was sure she was ok, she said it would probably go anyway in a few days. It's been like that since you first started high school, maybe she got more clumsy? She was always clumsy before but she never hurt herself. Another thing you noticed about Sonata was how she acted with Dusk Shine. Whenever he was around she was always smiling, but whenever he wasn't around she almost looked like she was depressed. That's when you figured out that Sonata truly loved Dusk Shine. It wasn't any puppy love, no it was true love, she cared for Dusk Shine, she felt happy with him, and whenever he wasn't there she felt heartbroken. At least that's what you thought.

In the back of your mind, you've always thought there was something else going on. You knew Sonata was clumsy but not this clumsy, did Dusk Shine do that to her? No, there's no way you kept telling yourself. Dusk Shine wouldn't do that to Sonata, and plus Sonata would've said something to someone when he first started hitting her. Maybe he threatened her not to tell anyone or else he would do something to her or worse. That's what you always thought but then again you were a bit of an overthinker, Dusk Shine and Sonata truly loved each other dearly. Dusk Shine and Sonata were that high school couple that everyone knew about. Whenever someone tried messing with Sonata, Dusk Shine was there to protect her. So he wouldn't cause pain or harm to his girlfriend of six years.

Your feelings for Sonata never changed since Elementary School. In fact, you would say that your feelings for her grew even more. Over the years she had only gotten more pretty and amazing. It hurt seeing her with Dusk Shine but as long as she was happy you were happy. Plus you didn't want to cause any love problems for Sonata by telling her you liked her and you definitely didn't want to get on Dusk Shine's bad side.

Once the bell rang, you packed your stuff and headed to your next class which was thankfully lunch. As you got in line for lunch you took a slice of pizza, and after that, you looked for a table to sit at. As you looked around you saw all of your friends sitting down and chatting with each other, that was until Flash saw you and started to wave his hand to get your attention. Once you saw his hand you waved back and headed in his direction. You had always sat with your friends since high school and since you had so many friends you were never alone at lunch.

"Hello, Anon how are you doing?" asked Fluttershy once you sat down.

"I'm good thanks." You said.

As you started to eat your pizza you noticed that Sonata wasn't at the table, she was probably eating at Dusk Shine's table. Sonata sometimes eats at your table and sometimes at Dusk Shine's table. But even without Sonata you liked it, Twilight and Sunset doing homework, Rainbow, Aria, and Applejack having competitions, Fluttershy catering to her animals, Pinkie Pie being... Pinkie Pie, Adagio, and Rarity talking about fashion and clothes, and Flash and you talking about anything that was on your minds.

"So Anon, you know it's almost that time of the year." said Flash, you on the other hand had no clue what he was talking about.

"What do you mean?" You asked not knowing what he meant.

Flash smiled. "I'm talking about joining a club for the year."

You were shocked, you didn't know it was that time already. "It's that time of year already, boy time sure does fly by."

"I know so what club are you going to join?" Flash asked as he looked at you.

"I don't know, I mean I didn't join a club for the last three years so why can't I just do what I've always done?" You asked. You had never been a fan of joining a club, plus, none of the clubs ever caught your attention.

"Come on Anon, it's our last year of high school you should at least join a club for your last year." Flash said as he tried to persuade you.

"I guess I'll try to look for one. What club do you plan on joining this year, you always seem to choose a different club each year?" You asked looking over at Flash trying to change the subject.

Flash shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know yet, but it will definitely be something different."

"I'm going to join more clubs than the both of you!!!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"No, I will!!!" Aria yelled back.

As Rainbow Dash and Aria were fighting you noticed that Applejack wasn't joining in the fight like she normally does. You decided to find out why she wasn't joining the fight like always.

"Hey, Applejack why aren't you joining them in the 'who can join more clubs than the other' competition?" You asked jokingly.

"Am'm afraid that ah can't join a club this year, too much work at yer farm." said Applejack as she ate her food.

"Oh, ok." You then what Applejack had said was true too. She wasn't lying, there was always work at the farm. It must be even busier at the farm than normal this year.

"Hey, guys, what club are you guys going to join this year?" Flash asked everyone.

"I don't know but more than her!!!" Aria and Rainbow said as they yelled at one another.

"I have far too much work making clothes for everyone so I can't join one I'm afraid." Rarity said as she messed with her nails.

"I'm going to join the art club with Pinkie." Fluttershy said with a smile.

"Me and Sunset are going to join the Science Club." Twilight said as she took a sip of her water.

"I'm going to be joining the acting club." said Adagio as she messed with her hair.

"As for Sonata, she's joining the baking club." said Aria as she stopped fighting with Rainbow and ate her food.

"They have a baking club here?" You asked. You didn't know they had a baking club at the school, but then again you didn't know a lot of things.

"They have many clubs you don't know about." Flash retorted.

You turned to Flash, he had a point. "Guess you got a point."

As the bell rang you and Flash picked up your trays and threw them away. Thankfully your last class of the day was with Flash. Actually most of your classes this year had Flash with you, a good way to end off your last year at high school. As you two headed to your last class you started to wonder what club you were going to join. There were so many clubs you could join but none really caught your attention.

So which club were you going to choose?

Author's Note:

I'm going to be honest I didn't really have that good of a plot for this chapter, and I wasn't really paying that much attention I was watching the football games, I'll edit this chapter later on.