• ...
6
 144
 1,973

21. The Climactic Semifinals

It was the next day and you were currently in a locker room with Aria as the two of you were getting ready for the Semis. As you were putting on your gi you tried to think of a plan to beat Blueblood. Your match was the first one of the day so you didn't have much time to strategize. The Semi-finals and the finals went to three points and no longer the two-point battles you were used to. Once you put your gi on you looked at yourself in the mirror you felt confident that you could win but with Blueblood's erratic movements, it'll be a difficult battle. But no matter what you had to win, for your friends, family, yourself, Sunset, and especially for Sonata. Aria looked at you and smiled. 'He's all fired up, go out there and win it all Anon.'


Dusk Shine and Blueblood were currently in the other locker room as they were putting on their gi. The two of them were talking about the Semi-Finals, but Dusk Shine was mostly talking about Blueblood's match against Anon.

"So Anon's still in, same with Aria." Blueblood said as he finished putting on his gi.

Dusk Shine finished putting on his gi and looked at Blueblood as he rolled his eyes. "It doesn't matter. Look I want you to do something for me."

"Sure what is it?" Blueblood asked as he turned his attention to Dusk Shine.

Dusk Shine turned and looked Blueblood dead in his eyes. Blueblood could tell that whatever Dusk Shine was going to tell him was going to be important. "I want you to break Anon."

Blueblood looked at Dusk Shine in surprise. "What? I'll be disqualified if I do. I can beat Anon and you can beat Aria."

Dusk Shien rolled his eyes. "I don't care if you can or can't beat him. I want him broken."

Blueblood looked at Dusk Shine in surprise, he didn't care if his best friend got in trouble? Blueblood looked at Dusk Shine back with a serious expression, he just had to know one thing. "And what if I don't?"

Dusk Shine looks up at Blueblood and then walks right up to his face. "We don't want anything to happen to your little sister do we?" Dusk Shine whispered in Blueblood's ear.

Blueblood took a step back from Dusk Shine, his eyes full of fear. He was a fair person but when it involved his family then things change. Dusk Shine could beat Blueblood in a fight and Blueblood knew it, Dusk Shine was just too powerful to beat in a fight. Ever since his dad left Dusk Shine, Dusk Shine changed for the worse. Blueblood knew Dusk Shine better than anyone else, even his own family.

On the inside Dusk Shine was smiling to himself. Everything was going according to plan for Dusk Shine. His dad had told him that he wanted Anon broken for what Anon's dad did to him in the past. And Dusk Shine didn't have a problem with that plan, he too wanted revenge on Anon and what better way than to see your worst enemy on the ground crying in pain? Now all he needed was for Blueblood to do the deed for them. Then Dusk Shine would come in and beat Anon once and for all.

Blueblood sighed, he hated to do it but he there was nothing else he could do. Dusk Shine had him trapped and he knew it. "Fine, what do you want me to do to Anon?"

Dusk Shine, Blueblood followed him without putting up a fight. "Break his leg or... at least make it hard for him to walk."

Blueblood nodded his head as he looked down. "Ok, I can do that."


In the other room, you and Aria were currently talking before the Semi-Finals began. The two of you were ready and were sort of just checking on one another. The Semi-Finals were a big thing so of course you guys were a bit nervous, to say the least. You two were both going up against strong opponents too, you had to face Blueblood who had just defeated Sunset while Aria had to face off against the champion, Dusk Shine.

Aria looked at you and smiled. "Anon no matter what you defeat Blueblood and I'll defeat Dusk Shine."

You smiled and nodded back. "Yeah. But it won't be as easy as it sounds."

Aria looked at you seriously, you could tell she was serious about her match. Why wouldn't she be? The dude who literally abused her sister for years, of course, she was serious about battling Dusk Shine. "Trust me I'll win. For me, you, and especially Sonata. You're not the only one that's going to win this for Sonata."

You looked at Aria in surprise. Aria knew you liked Sonata as well? Or was she just saying that? "How did you know and how long have you known?"

Aria looked at you and smiled. "Once Sonata asked Dusk Shine I found out. The way I found out was just by the way you would look at her during class. You looked like a love-sick kid. Well... that technically was what you were."

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, yeah, make fun of me. Let's see what you look like when you fall in love."

"Even if I do fall in love you won't know it. Your lucky Sonata's dense your not exactly stealthy about it. Our teacher literally had to tell you to quit looking at her and pay attention." Aria laughed as she remembered the memory.

You scratched the back of your head as you blushed. "Yeah, that was embarrassing."

You then hear a bell. 'Guess our little break is over' You look back at Aria she nods. Standing up you feel the pressure of this match.

"Good luck Anon." Aria gave you a smile.

You look back at Aria and smiled back. "Yeah, I'll see you in the Finals."

Walking out of the locker room you hear the roar of the crowd come to life. With ambition in your eyes, you walk onto the mat. Blueblood walks up to the mat and he looks like he has something planned. From what you remember Blueblood defends then he attacks. So if you stayed on the defensive he'll have to come to you.

"In the red corner, we have Blueblood and in the blue corner, we have Anon. This will be a first to three points. Please bow and then you can begin." Luna said as the two of you get into position.

The two of you then bow to each other. You stay back from Blueblood but instead of being on the defense, he's attacking you. He jumps in the air as you try to dodge but he hits you. Blueblood slams and you mean it slams his foot into your leg. You fall on the ground holding onto your leg in pain.

You didn't think it would hurt this much but it did. It was as if you got stabbed then shot and ran over by a truck. Luna runs over to you to see if you're ok. Celestia was currently calling for the school nurse to get to the gym. Your mom and dad and your friends get up from their seats and head over to you to check on you.

Luna raised her hand. "Due to illegal contact, Blueblood is disqualified. Anon will move on to the Finals. We will now take a five-minute timeout due to an injury."

As the nurse picks you up you hear the crowd boo at Blueblood. They were probably just as mad as you were. Why did Blueblood do that to you? Well... you actually knew why. Mostly definitely Dusk Shine told him to do it. You were happy that you were going to the Finals but it didn't feel like a true win. It felt more like a pass to the Finals.


You were currently in the school nursery. Your leg was still hurting but it wasn't as bad as it was before. A door opens and you look up to see that it was your friends and your parents, none of them look happy.

"Anon are you ok? Is your leg doing alright?" Your mom asked looking at you.

You looked at your mom and nodded your head. "Yeah, I'm fine. My leg still hurts but it's better than before."

"That Blueblood, we should've expected him to do something like that." Rainbow said as she looked down. She was mad, but why wouldn't she be? Her friend got hurt because of some idiot.

Everyone agreed with her. You look at them and you saw that Sonata looked upset. She probably thinks this was all her fault since she broke up with Dusk Shine and Blueblood was his friend. You look at the clock the five minutes were almost up. Aria would have to get to her match in a little bit or else she would be disqualified and you knew she didn't want that to happen.

"You guys should get going. You don't want to be late for your match Aria." You said as you looked up at all your friends and family.

Everyone turned their attention to Aria who nodded her head. "Yeah... I'll make sure to beat Dusk Shine. Hope you get better Anon."

Sonata looks at you surprised. "You're not coming with us?"

You shook your head. "No. I'll want to stay here for a while. I'll be there as soon as I can. I'll see you guys later."

Your mom nodded her head. "Ok, we'll see you later Anon."

Your friends and family leave the room leaving you all by yourself. The nurse told you it would at least take a week for your leg to be fully healed which sucked. She also said that you shouldn't be on your leg so she gave you a wheelchair. It took a while to get the hang of it but you figured it out. As you got closer to the gym you could hear the cheering from the gym. As you turn the corner to the gym you see Sonata waiting by the door. Was she waiting for you this whole time?

"Sonata?" You asked.

Sonata jumps back in surprise. "Hey, Anon."

"Have you been here waiting for me?" You asked Sonata looking at her confused.

"This is my fault that you got hurt. I'm so sorry you got hurt because of me." Sonata said starting to tear up.

"This wasn't your fault. Dusk Shine probably told Blueblood to do this and he did. You had nothing to do with it. Come on, smile, you never did look good crying." Sonata looks at you and nods. "So... how's the match?" You asked trying to change the subject.

Sonata wipes her tears away. "Thanks, Anon. Dusk Shine's in the lead 2-0. Aria's giving it her all but even that isn't enough to beat him. How's your leg doing?"

You silently cursed, you couldn't believe that Aria was losing. "The nurse said it would take at least a week to be fully healed. I'm going to tell Master Luna about what happened. I'm sure she'll cancel the tournament for a week after what happened."

"You need help getting into the gym?" Sonata asked tilting her head with that cute smile of hers.

You could do it yourself... but where's the fun with that. "Sure, thanks Sonata." Sonata walks behind up and starts to push the wheelchair.

Once you get back your mom looks back at you. "You feeling any better, Anon?"

You nodded your head. "Yeah, I just have to stay off my leg for a week."

You look at Dusk Shine's and Aria's match. They're going back and forth, neither of them finding an opportunity to strike. You wanted to tell Luna about your injury so you start to head towards her. As you get closer Celestia sees you and walks over to you.

"Hello, Anon. I hope your leg is better." Celestia said as she looked at you.

You nodded your head. "It is but the nurse said I have to stay off of it for a week. So is there any way you can postpone the tournament?"

Celestia nodded her head. "Of course. We don't want you overdoing yourself. I'll be sure to make the announcement."

"Thanks, Principal Celestia." You said with a smile.

Just then a loud sound goes off you turn around. Dusk Shine had just kicked Aria in the jaw.

"That's a point to Dusk Shine. 3-1. Dusk Shine is the winner. The Finals will be between Dusk Shine and Anon. But due to an injury on Anon's part, the finals will have to be postponed to next Friday. Goodbye and get ready for the Finals." Luna said over the mic.

Aria gets up from the mat and looks at you. You look at her, she was crying. That was the first time you've ever seen her cry. She's obviously upset that she lost to Dusk Shine. You roll over to her.

"I'm sorry Anon. I tried to beat him but I couldn't." Aria said as she looked down.

You looked over at Aria and smiled. "It's fine you gave it your all. I'll beat him for the both of us."

She nods and walks back to the locker room. You hear the news reporter speak from behind you.

"The Finals will be between the champion Dusk Shine vs the challenger Anon. Who will win and be the Champion? We're going to have to find out." The news reporter said as she spoke to the camera. The new lady then turned around and saw you. "Let's get word from the challenger." She said as she walked up to you. "Anon, tell us your thought after moving on to the Finals by suffering an injury in the Semi-Finals? And tell us, do you have any idea on how you're going to take down the champion?"

You look at the lady and then at the camera. "Well it definitely wasn't what I was expecting to happen but things happen I guess. But as for Dusk Shine, I don't exactly have a plan, I'm just going to go in the battle with everything I have!"

The news lady nods her head. "You have it here folks, Anon the challenger is all fired up to battle against Dusk Shine. This is sure to be one amazing match, we wish you Anon the best of luck in your match."

You nod your head as you start to roll away. You then start thinking about what the news reporter said. Now it was all up to you to win. For Aria, for Sunset, for you, and especially for...

Sonata.