• ...
6
 144
 1,952

19. The Dynamic Quarterfinals

When you entered the gym you saw that there was a big change in there. Instead of a bunch of mats, there was one big mat in the middle of the gym along with a blue corner and a red corner. Only one match was going to be held at a time for the rest of the tournament. You were sitting with your parents waiting for your match to begin. Your match was the second one for the day so you had some time to spend with your friends and family. After Dusk Shine's match, you were up next. You really didn't care about Dusk Shine's match, I mean sure you could study his fighting style, but you didn't really care.

"Attention please!" Everyone turned to see Celestia on the mic. "The first match of the day is about to begin. In the blue corner, we have our Champion Dusk Shine and in the red corner we have Bulk Biceps!"

Walking towards the mat you see Dusk Shine and Bulk Biceps. Both walked up to the mat with confidence. You had already taken a guess on who was moving on to the Semifinals. The first match Dusk Shine was going to win. You also had full confidence that you were going to take round two against Ryan. Sunset was going to win round three against Blueblood. And as for the fourth match, you honestly didn't know. Both Aria and Rainbow were strong but... you were more on Aria's side since you knew her longer. Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard a voice.

"That's a point to Dusk Shine. 1-0." Luna said over the mic.

Bulk was on the ground holding his cheek. He probably got punched or kicked in the face. You feel a tap on your shoulder, you look back, it was your mom.

"Anon honey, you should get going." Your mom said.

You nodded, she had a point. This match was probably going to be over before you knew it. You then stood up. "Yeah, I'll see you guys later."

You start to walk to the locker room. As you walk in, you head to your locker and start to put on your black gi. Once you put on your gi you hear the doors to the locker room open. You turn around, it was Bulk Biceps and he looked upset. He must have lost his match to Dusk Shine. You didn't know Bulk that well but what you knew about him was that he was a good person. He turns around and looks at you and he waves his hand.

"Good luck Anon. Hope you win your match." Bulk said.

You smiled at Bulk. "Thanks, Bulk. Hey, don't be upset you did pretty good. I'll be sure to beat Dusk Shine for us."

Bulk smiled back. "Thanks, Anon, you're the best."

You smiled. If you were feeling good before you felt even better now. You were going up against Ryan, one of Dusk Shine's friends. As you walk out of the locker room you see Ryan across the room. Dusk Shine was talking to Ryan about something. Probably a way to beat you which won't work... hopefully.

"It's time for the second match! In the blue corner, we have Ryan and in the red corner, we have Anon." Celestia announced you and Ryan. "Dusk Shine already has a spot in the Semifinals; it's time to see who will take the second spot."

You walk up to the mat along with Ryan. Ryan looks at you and you look at him. Obviously, he too was mad at you for something. But you could care less.

Luna then turned to both you and Ryan. "Please bow and begin."

You and Ryan both bow to each other. Once the match starts he jumps towards you. You throw a kick in his direction. Right before Ryan hits you, your kick made contact with his side. He falls to the ground as you stared down at him, you weren't about to lose to him.

"A point to Anon. 1-0." Luna said raising her arm in your direction. Ryan gets back up he looks at you with anger. 'Someone's salty they're losing.' You two then get into your positions. "Please bow then begin."

You and Ryan bow to each other once again. Just like in the first round Ryan tries to do a rush attack on you but you block his punches. You try to kick him but he grabs your leg. How stupid could he be, trying to use your own move against you? Before he trips you, you throw a hard right hook to his face. 'That's the problem with that move: you leave a side of your face opened to attack.' He falls to the ground in pain as you look down at him.

"A point to Anon. 2-0. Anon is the winner and he's moving on to the Semifinals." Luna said raising her hand in your direction once again.

You try to help Ryan up but he swipes your hand away. He walks off the mat and over to Dusk Shine. As you walk back to the locker room you run into Sunset.

"That was pretty good Anon." Sunset said with a smile.

"Thanks. Good luck." You said as you smile back.

Sunset nodded her head. "Thanks."

Sunset walks out and to the gym. You start to take off your gi and put your normal clothes back on. As you were changing you heard the cheers from the crowd. 'Must be a good match' Once you get changed you walk out of the locker room and to the bleachers. You take a seat in between your mom and your dad. Your parents and friends congratulate you on winning your match while Aria tells you that the score was 1-1. Blueblood took the first point with a punch to the gut, but Sunset tied it up when she kicked him in the stomach.

Aria and Rainbow got up so they could get ready for their own match. You gave them both good luck and they left. Sunset and Blueblood were going back and forth. One would defend and one would attack. They were both getting tired but they still fought. This was getting intense as neither of them wanted to lose but in the end, one had to. Sunset tries to kick him but Blueblood catches it. She tries to punch him in the face but unlike Ryan, he dodges it. But instead of tripping her he punches her in the face then he kicks her in the stomach. With that, Sunset falls to the ground.

"That's a point to Blueblood. 2-1. Blueblood is the winner." Luna said raising her hand in Blueblood's direction.

You looked down surprised, Sunset lost? Your predictions on who would win were wrong? The second strongest fighter had just gotten knocked out of the tournament. Sunset stands back up, as she shakes hands with Blueblood and then leaves the mat. You get up from your seat to go check on Sunset. As you open the locker room you see Sunset.

"Hey Sunset, you ok?" You ask.

Sunset looked at you with a small smile. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

You scratch the back of your head. "Well... you did just lose."

"Yeah, I know. I gave that battle my all, why wouldn't I be happy? Blueblood was the better battler today." She looked down but then looked up at you. "Look Anon I want you to promise me that you'll win this tournament, ok?"

"Yeah, that's a promise." You said with a smile.

You leave the locker room to give Sunset some privacy. She gets out of the locker room and you two head to the bleachers. You and Sunset takes a seat thankfully you guys didn't miss much. The score was 0-1 and Aria was in the lead. Adagio said Rainbow "gave her that point" which you didn't believe. You look back to Aria's and Rainbow's match.


Aria and Rainbow walk up to the mat. They bow to each other and they begin to fight. Punch after punch, block after block, neither of them were wanting to lose a point. Rainbow tries to kick Aria which gave Aria the perfect chance to counter. She kicks Rainbow's other leg then she punches her in the stomach.

"A point to Aria. 0-1." Luna said raising her hand in Aria's direction.

"I gave you that point." Rainbow said as she gets back up.

"Sure you did." Aria said as she got back into position with a smile.


Rainbow found an opening and she uses it to her advantage. Rainbow punches Aria in the jaw making Aria fall back in pain.

"That's a point to Rainbow. 1-1." Luna said raising her arm in Rainbow's direction.

Just watching Aria and Rainbow was getting your heart racing. Their fight was causing a spark to light in your body. Aria and Rainbow bow and they start their final battle. Rainbow and Aria throw punches and kicks not letting either one get the last point.

Aria's P.O.V

Me and Rainbow were giving it our all. I didn't want to lose to her and she didn't want to lose to me. Unfortunately for her, I had to win. I want to battle with Dusk Shine for what he did to Sonata. Rainbow throws a left hook 'This is my chance!' I then throw myself down. As I then do a kick-up and I then punch her in the face.

"That's a point to Aria. 2-1. Aria is the winner." Luna said raising her hand in my direction. I smiled, I finally token down Rainbow!

Your P.O.V

Aria won! You look down at her and Rainbow are shaking hands. That was that then, the Quarterfinals were over. The four semi-finalists: You, Aria, Blueblood, and Dusk Shine. But only one of you was going to win. But there was still one question:

Which one of you four was going to win?