• ...
6
 144
 1,981

17. The Tournament Begins!!

Finally, the day had arrived, Monday had finally rolled around. The day when the Self-Defense Club tournament was going to begin. You felt pumped up! You were walking to school with Flash and Sonata. Ever since the events of Saturday happened Sonata was finally acting like her normal self, which made you happy. Anyways, as you were headed to school you saw Dusk Shine talking with his friends. You two make eye contact for a second as he then breaks away eye contact from you. Obviously, he was still mad about what you had done to him a few weeks ago. The rest of the day couldn't go by any faster for you. You just wanted to get to the Self-Defense club and get the tournament started!

You were currently in your history class looking out the window in your class. The class that was right before lunch and then you would be going to the Self-Defense club. But as you were in class you heard the speaker go off causing you to look over at it. Normally the speaker never goes on during school. You decided to pay attention not like you had much of a choice.

"Hello students of CHS." It was Celestia. "For those who may or may not know it's that time of year. The time when the tournament in the Self-Defense club takes place. This year the tournament will happen right after lunch. Once lunch is over everyone will head to the gym where the tournament will take place. Then for the rest of the day, everyone will watch the tournament. If you don't wish to watch you will resume your normal classes of the day. That is all have a good day and I hope you look forward to watching the tournament." Celestia said as the speaker then went off.

Everyone at CHS was going to watch the tournament, no doubt about that. Wait? So right after lunch everyone will come and watch the tournament for the rest of the day. Skipping class, who wouldn't want to do that? Shoot you would've done that the past three years had you known what was going on. After a while, the bell finally rang it was finally time for lunch. You ran out of your history class and to the cafeteria.

You were one of the first people to get in line. As you got your food you headed to your table. It didn't take long before the others arrived. You were so ready for Self-Defense that you ate your food in a matter of seconds. Sonata was happily munching on her taco not giving a care in the world. She looked so happy finally being away from Dusk Shine. Now that she broke up with Dusk Shine every boy had been trying to flirt with her. She would always decline the offer though and it made sense, she probably wouldn't date someone in a while.

After what felt like a century the lunch bell rang. You apparently weren't the only one that was excited. You, Sunset, Aria, and Rainbow all jumped up and ran to the gym. It was a fun little race which nobody won as it was a four-way tie. As you looked through the gym there were mats scattered all over the gym. There were also bleachers around the mats making the gym look like a coliseum.

You headed to the locker room to put on your gi. Once you got out you saw students and teachers start to walk into the gym and down. The whole school must have been in the gym. You hadn't noticed but someone was walking behind you. A hand touched your shoulder you turn around and it was your parents! What were they doing here?

"Mom, dad! What are you guys doing here?" You asked turning to your parents surprised.

"You didn't think we would miss this did you?" Your mom said as she gave you a smile.

"This is one of the biggest events that happen at Canterlot. Everyone in town comes and watches it." Your dad said with a big smile.

"Everyone!!" You yelled looking surprised. "How? The gym can't fit the whole town."

"That's why it's being broadcasted." Your mom said as she pointed over at someone with a camera.

Broadcasted? You look around to see where the camera was and you see it. The news was here at your school. Just how big was this tournament? If you didn't feel excited before you were feeling excited now. As you were daydreaming someone was tapping on a mic. You turn and see it's Celestia and Luna on the stage with some sort of square-like thing behind them with a cloth over it.

"Hello everyone!!" Celestia said with a bright smile. "People who are here or are watching at home we are proud to announce that the tournament is about to begin. Just like every year the matches will be a first to two points until the semi-finals. The semi-finals and finals will be a first to three points. In all of my years working here I've never seen so many kids enter this tournament. This year is going to be full of exciting matches! I hope you all enjoy and with that, I am pleased to announce that the tournament has officially begun!"

The crowd cheered as Celestia then threw the cloth off the square-like thing. It was a board full of the matchups for the first round. As you were headed to the board Dusk Shine came from behind and bumped into you. You glared at him as you decided to stay behind until the crowd of students left. Sunset and Aria were already headed to their mats while you were still waiting for all the other students to move away from the board. You turn your head and see that Rainbow was already in a match will her opponent and she seemed to be crushing her opponent.

After a lot of squeezing through students, you were finally in the front of the board. Looking up and down you see your name. You're up against Snips... well that's going to be interesting. You walked over to your mat and you see Snips already there. He didn't even notice you were behind him as he was too busy looking at the girls waving at them. A teacher then comes to your guy's mat.

"Anon and Snips correct?" The teacher asked, and you two both nod your heads

"Good, I'll be your referee for your match. Like Celestia said this match will be a first to two points. Now I want you two to bow." The teacher said as you two both bowed at each other. You two then get into a stance. "Now begin!"

Snips runs at you but you dodge then you land a solid punch to the gut. He falls to the ground in pain. You looked down at him in surprise. 'That was easier than I thought'

The teacher raised his hand. "A point to Anon. 1-0."

Snips stands up holding on to his gut. You didn't even hit him that hard and he's acting like you just stabbed him. You go back to your corner of the mat and he does the same.

"Now bow." You two bow once again. "Now begin."

Instead of coming towards you, Snips decided to stay put. You then move forward and throw a kick at him. He blocks the kick somehow as he then tries to kick you but you grab his leg and trip him making him fall down in pain once again.

The teacher raised his hand once again. "Another point to Anon. 2-0. Anon is the winner!"

That was easier than you thought. You look around the gym Sunset, Aria, Rainbow, and Dusk Shine had also won their matches. You then look at the bleachers and you see the rest of the gang and your parents looking at you. They show their gratitude for your victory as they smile and cheer for you. You see the teacher walking up to you.

"Your next opponent will be whoever wins that match over there." He says as he points to another match that was taking place.

You look at where he was pointing at. What was your luck? It was Snails facing off with a small little midget kid. Not being rude just saying what you saw. You turn your attention and see that Sunset was already in her second match battling someone. You then turn and see Aria and Rainbow talking to each other, and then you turn and see Dusk Shine and Blueblood also talking across the room. The room was full of cheers and people fighting with one another. After a while of waiting you see a woman coming with Snails and Snips. Looks like your break was up. You stand up and walk to the teacher.

"Are you Anon?" The teacher asked you.

"Yes ma'am." You said looking at the teacher.

"Good I'll be your referee for this match." She said. "Now bow to each other please." You two both bow towards each other. "Now begin!"

Snails tries to land a left hook but you block it. Then you throw a right hook which hits him in the face. If he was a little further back it won't of hit him but it did. He falls to the ground holding onto his face. Did that slice of pizza you had for lunch give you superpowers or something? You weren't even hitting him that hard and they were acting like they just got hit by a car.

The teacher raises her hand. "That's a point to Anon. 1-0."

"Come on Snails you got to beat him." Snips said giving his friend some encouragement.

"I know that." Snails said as he stands up.

"Now bow please." She said as you two bowed. "Begin!"

You charge toward Snails which caught him off guard. You throw a left kick but he barely dodges it. Like a predator going after its prey, you weren't going to let him go. You try to punch him but he dodges it again. He tries to kick you but just like Snips you grab it and trip him. While he's falling you punch him in the stomach and with that Snails fall to the ground in agony.

The teacher raises her hand. "Point to Anon! 2-0! Anon is the winner!"

Snails leaves the mat with Snips but not before shaking your hand. You hear the crowd cheer behind you. Once you look back you see your friends and family cheering their hearts out. As you look around, once again Sunset, Aria, Rainbow, and Dusk Shine won their matches without a surprise. No teachers were coming toward you so you decided to take a water break. Looking at everyone's matches was getting you pumped up to battle again. Sadly, that time never came for the rest of the day. A bell rang getting everyone's attention.

"Attention please." Celestia said speaking on the mic. "We are almost out of time for the day. Anyone that has lost their matches please get off the mat. Anyone that is still in please stay on the mat and come towards me."

A lot of students left the mat. You look around it looked as though maybe thirtyish people were still left standing. You were surprised to see so few people left after just the first day. If people kept on being eliminated this fast the tournament would be over by Wednesday.

Celestia smiled as she looked at the students who still remained in the tournament. "To the students that are still in. Congratulations on making it this far. You should be proud of yourself. I hope you have a good day rest of your day and we'll see you tomorrow."

As you walked into the locker room you could only imagine what tomorrow would bring. Day one of the tournament was over, but now the competition would be even tougher than before.

Author's Note:

Will we be able to win or will we lose? Find out on Hidden Love Through The Dusk.