• Published 31st Dec 2020
  • 570 Views, 12 Comments

Finding Your Clan - Justice3442



Separated from her clan, Autumn Blaze travels the wilderness and talks to... everyone.

  • ...
1
 12
 570

Kirin in the snow!¡Nirik on the go

Panting in the chill late-spring air, Autumn Blaze trudged through the snow. She loved the snow, but today it was being a bit too friendly and stuck to her scarlet mane in frosted clumps. Her teeth were clamped down hard on the woven vine rope that was attached to the net, full of rapidly freezing fish.

A second vine extended to the net which was tied down extra right. There might not be any going back if the net burst.

"Ghua...Gaaa!" Autumn Blaze struggled against the chest level snow, now basically pushing against it as hot steam raised through it.


~\~ I'm with you and holy flip is it chilly out…

"I know! Hence the, you know, raised internal body temperature."

~/~ Okay, we're almost there, and we can still go Niruk…

"GHAH! Ahh!" Autumn Blaze new she wanted the… no NEEDED the fish so bad that…

~{69}~ Autumn, Justice, Vengence? There's enough packing on this snow that if y'all weren't melting it, we'd be at the cave already.

Autumn immediately began taking in deep breaths and huffing them straight up.

~/~ Shoot. We forgot how snow worked.

~\~ In my defense, I spent a year with Yuki‐Onna. Having your shoes thrown into the snow socks.

Your Hexigram is

====== ======

==============

==============

==============

====== ======

====== ======

~{69}~ Gotta love having easy access to fire… except when you u as e it to solve too many problems.

Autumn grinned, "Alright Sunset Knows Best! We get it."

~\~ OBJECTION! Sunset knows best is MY nickname for myself!

~/~ And anyone in our general vicinity.

"Climbing this snowbank to get out of this conversation!"

~{69}~ Can't I have a stupid nick name without you two clambering all over me?

"HuffING up a storm to display annoyance at current topic!" Huffed Autumn as she climbed up the snowbank..

~/~ Well ExcuuuuUUUUUuuuuse us, Princess! You wanted twins! If you wanted something that would give you space, you could have gotten a cat.

~\~ Word.

~{69}~ A thought occurs that most my pets live in aquariums or terrariums.

~\~ Huh… Insightful.

Autumn quickly made a loosely packed snowball and tossed it starship up, catching our worth get face.

~\~ Gack!

~/~ Assassin!

~{69}~ Uh, you have our… Shoot A.B. we're off in our own world. What's up?

Autumn Blaze scowled at the snowbank in front of her. "Stuck!"

~\~ What's your vertical leep?

~/~ And can you keep deer-erm-Kirin hopping until you get home with the fishies?

~{69}~ And would it not make sense to make a path all the way to the cave?

Autumn Blaze frowned. Ultimately it was her life on the line and she wasn't about to lose fish in the snow. She stomped the frozen ground until it was cracked no longer slippery smooth then left straight up. Laughing in the way down she landed with enough force that the ice and slowed forth out our her way.

A quick blaze of her chi and the snow infant of her melted and much of it melted around her. She hopped happily into her cave, firewood waiting for her gentle breath of flame and a net full of survival behind her.

!^! Dudududu Du dududaaaaa!

Your Hexagram is

======= =======

======= =======

======= =======

================

======= =======

================

~{69}~ Tea?

Autumn Blaze smiled as she grabbed a huge catfish and began cooking it over the open flame on some pre-placed sharpened sticks. "That would be good for my Te."

~{69}~ I know, I was teeing you up.

You can advance!

Comments ( 3 )

You sir, are possibly the single most unique writer whose work I have ever read.

Alone with all the people in her head. Poor Autumn Blaze.

This story is half about survival in the wilderness and half about living with the encroaching insanity in her mind. She at least seems to be getting better at this living off the the land thingy.

I wish she would get help or meet Applejack and Fluttershy soon.

Login or register to comment