• Published 31st Dec 2020
  • 569 Views, 12 Comments

Finding Your Clan - Justice3442



Separated from her clan, Autumn Blaze travels the wilderness and talks to... everyone.

  • ...
1
 12
 569

Fireside Chat

Autumn Blaze let out an elongated “BrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrr!” as she warmed herself by the fire. Said fire has been built towards the back of her modest cave and filled the rocky encloser with warmth, light, comfort. You know? Fire things.

“I think it could use a little more wood,” Autumn said out loud as the two-chopped-log fire continued to flicker to life.

{69} Iiiii’d leave it for now if I were in your hooves.

~ooo! Oooo! Oooo! But if you were in her hooves, where would she be?!

{69} Ideally not dying of carbon monoxide poisoning, Laughter, my love!

Autumn put on a contemplative look and tapped her chin. “Is that a thing? Being too close to a fire and dying of carbon monoxide?”

{69} Would I say it if it wasn’t?

“Darn!” Autumn exclaimed “I was hoping you would say, “Yes, it’s a thing!” so I could be all “I knew that! I was just testing you.”

{69} “Hehe”

~ooo! Pffft! Hehehehe! Good one! I’ll be quicker with the lines next time.

Autumn frowned. “Don’t do that! I love talking to you both… well… everyone really.” Autumn exhaled through her nose. “Maybe just do it a little.”

{69} Uhhh… ~\~ Phhh.. heh heh.

~ooo! Doing things just a little is the absolute worst thing I am at!

F@#! TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN.

~ooo! Really?!

F@#! No. You once ate all the ice cream out of the freezer with Hunger and then you both explained, sparing no detail, that you both got hungry and decided to EAT ALL THE ICECREAM IN THE FREEZER!

<#|)00o~ In my defense, I was doing a play off a Simpson’s quote which Laughter perceived as me falling on my sword where she proceeded to spill the beans.

~ooo! Hmmm… beeeeaaaaaans. Gurrrgggraggghraaa…

F@#! You can’t tell, Autumn, but I’m smirking. It helps to remember Laughter’s sock-puppet show that followed.

Autumn let out a hearty laugh and quickly whipped another chopped log onto the fire with her tail before anyone could say anything. “I got a profound sense of drooling with that last bit from hungeroo there.” She stroked a length of mane which fell like an irrencondecent lava flow against her chest in the firelight.

{69} Ooof, nice one. Love the sneak play. Just don’t pass out and die from smoke inhalation.

F@#! Pleeeease!

~|~ Seriously, to the max. If you start to get dizzy, start trotting towards the entrance. We start to lose our stuff if you hit a shin against something. None of us are emotionally prepared to lose…

{69} Excellent sentence trailing off, love.

~|~ Why thank you, Balance-baby.

{69} Anytime, Justice-dear.

Autumn’s expression turned deathly serious. “Is it still an entrance if I’m inside the cave?”

~|~ I mean, air, space, spirits, all kinds of stuff can get in.

“Okay, but it’s my cave.”

{69} Are the Koan Brothers here?

“I’m going to have to meditate on that,” answered Autumn.