• Published 27th Dec 2020
  • 187 Views, 7 Comments

Dimensional Tales - snivygamer97



Keith and Lance must work together to help themselves and others in the land of Equestria.

  • ...
 7
 187

Letters on Friendship and Griffon the Brush Off

Enjoy and Review! I love hearing comments and feedback to grow as a writer. Thank you!

__________________________________________________________________

Celestia, Harmony, and Lancelot were in Celestia's study getting tickets for the Grand Galloping Gala ready for the lucky ponies invited. The normally clean study was left messy with several scrolls and gala tickets scattered across the room. Most of them had already been sent out, though there still remained a few scrolls with their pair of tickets that had yet to be sent.

"So, whose tickets are next to be sent out?" Lancelot asked.

"Let's see. Next up is Twilight Sparkle's tickets," Celestia answered upon seeing what was present on the list of invited ponies. "Oh, this is kind of exciting. Twilight has never gone to the gala before. She was always too busy with her studies. Now, however, she is bound to want to go now that she is more open. I'll do the honors of sending out her tickets and scroll."

Celestia proceeded to gather up two tickets into a scroll. Afterwards, she proceeded to cast a spell that burned the scroll, though instead of turning to ash, the paper instead proceeded to be teleported away in a puff of smoke through Spike to Twilight.

"Did you just send two tickets to your student, Aunt Celestia?" Harmony asked.

"Yes, I did. Everyone gets one ticket and one guest when the gala comes around," Celestia confirmed. "Why do you ask?"

"I ask because, from what I remember, Twilight supposedly has five friends, six if you count Spike," Harmony explained.

"She does. However, not everyone will want to go to the gala. I don't want anypony to feel pressured into going. Besides, if she does want more tickets all she has to do is ask."

"You do realize that virtually everypony wants to go to the gala, right? It is the biggest party of the year," Harmony explained her thought process.

"Judging from what happens in the cartoons, there is a good chance that all of Twilight's friends will want to go to the gala," Lancelot guessed.

"Following that, they will act all crazy and selfish in order to try and get a ticket to the gala, not caring that they are hurting Twilight in the process," Harmony said pessimistically.

"How would they abuse their friendship?" Celestia, confused as to this terrible line of thinking.

"Give unwanted favors and attention, playing the friend card, stuff like that," Harmony simply stated. "It's impressive that you still consider friendship to be a good thing. I mean I still consider Lancelot my friend and am conflicted on whether or not to see Pidge and Hunk as friends, but still. Friendship is more trouble than it is worth," Harmony cynically said.

"Isn't that a little pessimistic? Also, if you don't mind me asking, who are Pidge and Hunk?" asked Celestia with a little worry in her voice.

"It doesn't matter who Hunk and Pidge are. Also, what's your point?" Harmony asked in turn while shrugging.

"Ok, I think it's time we return to work, right Princess Celestia?" Lancelot tried to take the conversation off of the route it was currently on.

At this, the pair of princesses agreed and started to continue sending letters to the lucky ponies who had gotten to go to the gala.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night...

Harmony and Lancelot were playing the Equestrian version of old maid called old mare and they were getting really competitive about it. At the side of them was a chalkboard with tally marks of their scores. The score was ten to eight with Harmony in the lead. Just then, Celestia came in with a letter from Twilight with Luna following after, appearing to be larger than before.

"Now, let's see what Twilight wrote for her first letter on friendship," Celestia wondered, as she opened up the scroll. To her confusion, both of Twilight's tickets were in the scroll. "Let me see. ' Dear Princess Celestia, I've learned that one of the joys of friendship is sharing your blessings, but when there's not enough blessings to go around, having more than your friends can make you feel pretty awful. So, though I appreciate the invitation, I will be returning both tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala. If my friends can't all go, I don't wanna go either.'"

"Called it," both Harmony and Lancelot responded, feeling validated in being right.

After giving them both an annoyed look, Celestia wrote a response to Twilight and it said 'My faithful student, Twilight, Why didn't you just say so in the first place?' With it she also placed six tickets into the scroll. In an instant, she caused the scroll and tickets to disappear in a puff of smoke and be sent to Twilight.

"There. That should fix everything," Celestia said in relief.

"Um, Princess Celestia? What about Spike? Lance asked, making sure that the young dragon wasn't forgotten.

Celestia quickly realized her error and wrote another message that said 'And one for you, Spike.' Said message was quickly sent to Spike with a ticket placed within it. "Now after all that is cleared up, what have you learned?" Celestia asked from her niece.

"That it is a great idea to give enough for only a few ponies instead of for everypony?" At this, Celestia shot Harmony a glare. In response, Harmony then cynically said, "Don't have anything special or your friends will pester you about it?"

"Lancelot, do you have any views on the lesson?" Celestia asked.

"Sure. I think that friends can feel bad if you don't have enough for everyone and that it is good to share what you have in spite of this," Lancelot interpreted.

"Good work. Don't worry Harmony. Maybe after a few more lessons you will interpret the letters in a less cynical way," Celestia reassured. "Now, it is getting late. It would be best for you both to head to bed soon. Pleasant dreams." At this, Celestia left the room. Everyone headed to their respective rooms, with Harmony and Lancelot going to bed and Luna starting her job checking on ponies' dreams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a week since Twilight's first letter when the next one came. Keith was drawing and Lancelot was being his life model. Celestia came in with the next letter. "Let's see what the next letter has to say. 'Dear Princess Celestia, My friend Applejack is the best friend a pony could ever have, and she's always there to help anypony. The only trouble is, when she needs help, she finds it hard to accept it, so while friendship is about giving of ourselves to friends, it's also about accepting what our friends have to offer. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.'

"So what did you learn from this letter?" asked Celestia.

"Sounds like she is a workaholic to me," Harmony bluntly stated, not really caring about the letter, even if the message was a good one to keep in mind.

Celestia was not really happy with this answer, having hoped that Harmony would at least be willing to listen to the letter. Clearly, it would take a long time before Harmony would be more willing to be open with the idea of friendship and other ponies, if at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith and Lancelot were in the castle library looking up things about the other races in and outside the borders of Equestria like hippogriffs, yaks, griffons, dragons and many others. It had been a week since Twilight's last letter. Celestia walked in quietly to talk to Keith about something important.

"Hello Keith, Lancelot. How are you both doing today? What are you reading up on?" Celestia asked out of curiosity,

"We're doing good. Just reading about some of the other races in this dimension." Keith responded.

"That's good to know. Keith, I have something that I need to talk to you about," Celestia started to say.

"What is it? Does it have to do with Twilight's letters? If it does, I want as much to do with it as ponies want to do with other races," Keith disagreed.

"I know that Twilight's letters have not resonated with you. However, I also believe that they would do you some good as well. In fact, I've been thinking and maybe seeing Twilight and her friends in person would be very helpful for you."

"Unlikely. Though I do like the idea of getting out of the castle," Keith muttered.

"How about this? I will let you go to Ponyville without guards provided you spend time with Twilight and/or her friends," Celestia offered.

"Hey, Keith. That sounds like a pretty good deal, don't you think?" Lancelot tried to persuade.

Keith took a deep breath before he finally said, "OK, let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day in Ponyville

Lancelot and Keith were walking through the town looking for Twilight. Additionally, Keith was hiding his unicorn horn with magic, making him look like a pegasus to most ponies.

"Man, isn't this exciting, Keith? We get to spend the day here in Ponyville without the guards. It's kind of a relief not having the guards check in on us. Not only that, but we get to meet people and make friends as well. So, what do you think, Keith?" Lancelot said to Keith, who was walking next to him.

"What do I think? Well, for starters I am glad to have the freedom of not having to be near the guard at all times," Keith said. However, at this Keith suddenly started stomping as he walked and grew a sour expression. "However, I am also annoyed that I am only allowed outside to make friends with other ponies. I don't need other ponies to be friends with."

As Keith was saying this a fast pink blur rocketed into them. "Oh, sorry new ponies that I accidentally ran into. I was just about to grab a trampoline so that I could- wait. New ponies?! Greetings. Welcome to Ponyville. My name is Pinkie Pie. What are your names?"

"Well my name is Lancelot and his name is Keith. Also, I'm not a pony. I'm a hippogriff," Lancelot corrected.

"Oh sorry about that. I'll try to remember that you are a hippogriff." Pinkie quickly apologized. Then she proceeded to quickly say at about a mile a minute, "So, this is interesting. We have two new creatures visiting Ponyville in one day. Also, are hippogriffs related more to griffons or ponies? Because you have pony-like bodies with talons and beaks like birds. But, anyway, sorry I can't throw you two a welcome party yet, Lancelot and Keef, but I need to catch up with a friend of mine, so bye." At this, she zoomed off faster than the duo could blink.

"Keef? My name is Keith." Keith growled in annoyance.

"Hey, the mistake isn't that bad, Keef. You just need to chill out," Lancelot jokes.

"Yeah, because Keef is totally a good name to listen to all the time." While Keith was saying this sarcastically, Pinkie Pie ran behind them while holding a bunch of balloons. "Anyway, can you please stop calling me that?"

"Why should I? It sounds good to me."

"Well not to me."

"OK, fine. I was just joking around anyway. You shouldn't take things too seriously," Lancelot teased.

"Thank you. Now then, where do you think that Twilight lives, anyway? Celestia just said that she lives in a treehouse library. Where do you think that is?" asked Keith. As Keith was asking this, Pinkie was flying in a pedal helicopter device into the sky.

"How about over there?" Lancelot pointed to the Golden Oaks Library that was only a few feet away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the Golden Oaks Library

"Spike. Are the cookies and punch ready for our guests yet?" Twilight asked the baby dragon a bit frantically as she finished dusting the bookshelves.

"Yep, ready and accounted for." At this, Spike ate one of the cookies.

"Good. Celestia said that there were some special guests coming to Ponyville to learn about friendship just like me, and I want to make a good first impression."

"You need to calm down, Twilight. Chances are they won't care if a single book is out of place." Spike snarked. Meanwhile, Twilight was in the middle of rearranging some of the books on the bookshelves.

"Hey!" Twilight said, a bit annoyed. "First impressions do matter here Spike. What if they tell Celestia that I didn't make a good first impression and she thinks that I'm not taking my studies seriously? She could decide that I deserve to be punished and lose some traction in my studies on friendship," Twilight said full of fear for what her teacher would think.

"Relax, Twilight. Celestia won't care if the first impression isn't perfect." At this, there was a knock on the door.

"That must be them. Spike, get the door."

As Spike went to do this, he turned to Twilight and said, "Same with these ponies. I'm sure they won't be much of a problem at all."

Spike opened the door to show Harmony and Lancelot on the other side. "Hello, you two. The name is Lancelot. This is Keith. We are the fine pe-err creatures that will be hanging out with you guys today," Lancelot merrily greeted.

"It is nice to meet you two and, Lancelot, I notice that you are not a pony. What are you supposed to be?" Twilight greeted.

"Oh. I am a hippogriff in case you were wondering. Also, what do you want to do?"

"Um, I don't really know. What do you guys want to do?" Twilight tried to offer.

"Can we just go and see another one of these friends of yours?" Keith rudely interrupted.

At this, Twilight's mood immediately sank. Spike tried to fix that mood by offering, "Do you guys want a refreshment?" Fortunately, the pair were willing to accept the cookies and punch.

"So, uh, I heard that you two have a close relationship to the princess, just like I do. Care to explain what that is?" Twilight asked with the biggest fake grin she could muster.

Keith and Lancelot were unsure of what to say. They have heard quite a bit about Twilight from Princess Celestia and from what they heard, she can be prone to overreact. The last thing either of them wanted to do was to give the unicorn mare a panic attack. Fortunately, they were quickly interrupted by a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Keith offered. He walked to the door and opened it, revealing Pinkie Pie on the other end.

"Oh hey it's you two again. I'm sorry I can't talk to you both right now, but I need help from Twilight right now. Hey, Twilight, I need your help!" Pinkie called out for her friend's help.

"What is it, Pinkie Pie? I'm in the middle of something," Twilight anxiously said, nervous to have an interruption at a time like this.

"I am having issues with a mean old griffon friend of Rainbow Dash's and I need your advice," Pinkie explained.

At this Twilight's mood lifted. Not only would she be able to help her friend out, but she may even be able to give a friendship lesson to both Keith and Lancelot. "So Pinkie Pie, are you sure that this friend of Rainbow Dash is really so mean?" Twilight asked her friend as she looked through a book for advice.

Pinkie responded with a frustrated groan, "Um, yeah. She keeps stealing Rainbow Dash away, she pops my balloons, and she told me to buzz off. I've never met a griffon this mean. Well, actually, I've never met a griffon at all, but I bet if I had, she wouldn't have been as mean and grumpy as Gilda."

Twilight responded as she put her book down, "You know what I think, Pinkie Pie."

"Hmm?" Pinkie anxiously waited for her friend's response.

Finally, Twilight responded with, "Well, I think... you're jealous."

"Jealous?" Pinkie reacted, exacerbated at being given this answer.

"Green with envy. Well, in your case, pink with envy." Spike added on.

Twilight proceeded to explain her reasoning, "Well, yes. Jealous. Listen Pinkie, I don't want to upset you, but just because Rainbow Dash has another friend doesn't make Gilda a grump. I mean, perhaps it's you, Pinkie, who needs to improve her attitude."

"You know what, Twilight? That actually is a pretty good point," Lancelot complimented. "Don't you think so, Keith?"

"Eh. It seems fitting to believe I suppose," Keith simply stated.

"You all believe this?!" At this, everyone else nodded their heads to Pinkie's frustration, "Improve my attitude? But I... D... B.. It's Gilda that... D... Are you seri…" At this, Pinkie growled in frustration and stormed out of the library.

"Well, as you can see, jealousy can be a very troubling thing. So troubling that you may not want to accept it," Twilight awkwardly stated, embarrassed that her attempt at helping wasn't working out as well as she hoped. "So, what do you think of this piece of advice? Help you with friendship, any?"

"I agree, though I was already aware of this," Lancelot encouraged. "What do you think, Keith?"

"Can we just read here for a while?" Keith responded, not wanting to directly interact with anyone else anymore.

"Sure," Twilight groaned in disappointment. As the duo began to pull out books to read, Twilight turned away and walked to look over her bookshelves.

Spike noticed Twilight's dejected behavior and, concerned for her, asked, "Are you okay, Twilight?"

"No, Spike. I'm not. I am supposed to help these two understand more about friendship, but they don't want that. All they want is to stay in themselves and read. How can I help them if they just want to read?"

"Don't you read and study a lot, though?" Spike countered.

At this, Twilight blushed and nervously laughed lightly. "Well, sometimes. But they don't even seem willing to learn at all, at least not Keith. What am I going to do, Spike? Celestia wanted for them to learn about friendship, and Keith doesn't want for them to learn anything."

For the next hour, Keith and Lancelot did nothing but read. During this time, Spike was reading a comic book while Twilight was reading a Daring Do book, barely paying any attention to it as her mind kept jumping to her disappointment and fear at having failed Celestia. Before Twilight could stew in her anxiety any longer, there was a knock on the door. Twilight miserably walked to answer the door, only to see Pinkie Pie once again.

"Hello Twilight, Spike, Lancelot, and Keef. I would like to invite you all to a welcome to Ponyville party!" Pinkie said in great excitement.

"Really?! We just got here. Are you sure?" Lancelot asked, happy to have gotten such a kind gesture.

"Yep. The party is for Lancelot, Keef, and Gilda. Though, everyone in the town is invited to the party. Trust me, by the end of the party all three of you will feel right at home in Ponyville. Well, I must get going. The party is in an hour and I still need to contact more ponies." At this, Pinkie walked backwards out the door, closing it as she left.

"Did you hear that? We get to go to a party, Keith!" Lancelot said, excited and giddy.

"Parties aren't really my thing. Do I really have to go?" Keith questioned.

Twilight's mood had brightened upon hearing this conversation. Maybe going to a party would be just the thing to get Keith to open up more and want to form strong friendships with others. "Please say you'll go. Pinkie Pie's parties are the best."

"Yeah, come on Keith. Please." Lancelot pleaded with his friend.

Keith looked back and forth between Twilight and Lancelot several times. While it was true that he wasn't a fan of parties, him not wanting to go to the party went beyond that. Truthfully, he didn't want to risk making new friendships that could end as poorly as the ones he had with the paladins. He also didn't want to risk undergoing sensory overload. However, he also found he couldn't handle the sad looks he was being given by the other two. "OK, fine. I'll go to the party. But there better be sweets."

"You really got your aunt's sweet tooth, huh Keith?" Lancelot teased. At this, Keith stuck out his tongue playfully. Twilight looked at this sight with a smile on her face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One by one, Pinkie Pie was greeting the guests that were arriving at the party. At this point, most of the guests had arrived in the spacious room of Sugarcube Corner. The room was decorated with streamers and balloons all over and there were refreshments available on numerous tables and a table coated in presents for the trio of guests.

After Twilight had finished asking Fluttershy about Gilda, only to not get an answer on how Gilda was, she returned her attention to Keith and Lancelot, "So, as you can see, Pinkie's parties are a great place to unwind and have some fun. In addition, it is also a great environment to start making friends with others."

"Sounds great," Lancelot responded. Meanwhile, Keith stayed quiet as he prepared to pick up some sweets on a plate he had picked out.

Before Twilight could become disappointed, Rainbow Dash showed up, "Hey Twilight. How is it hanging?"

"Well, it could be worse," Twilight groaned out.

"Um, what's the matter Twilight? You doing OK?" Rainbow Dash asked out of concern for her friend.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that there are two guests, who are kinda the guests of honor along with Gilda, that I am supposed to help understand friendship and so far things are not working out for one of them," Twilight said as she gestured to Keith.

"No problem, Twilight. I'll just get Gilda over here and between the two of us and our awesomeness we can probably get this guy's shell to break. Speaking of Gilda, you two totally have to meet. She is just the coolest griffon ever," Rainbow Dash offered.

Twilight's mood started to lift upon hearing her friend's offer for help. After all, maybe her friend can open up Keith's seemingly impenetrable shell. However, before Rainbow Dash could make do on her offer, Pinkie Pie suddenly called out, "Everyone, I'd like you all to meet Gilda, a long-time, dear friend of Rainbow Dash. Let's honor her and welcome her to Ponyville." At this, numerous ponies cheered out in happiness, willing to greet the griffon with open arms. Pinkie Pie also introduced, "Oh, and I would also like you all to meet Keith the pegasus and Lancelot the hippogriff, who are also new guests to Ponyville." Pinkie Pie offered vanilla lemon drops to the three guests, "Please help yourself."

"Vanilla lemon drops. Don't mind if I do," Gilda accepted the lemon drops. At the same time, Keith also walked towards Pinkie to accept one of the drops, with both the pony and griffon gulping down their drops at the same time. However, instead of having a sweet taste to them, both of them felt extreme heat coming from the lemon drops. In fact, they were so hot that they both breathed fire, with Pinkie Pie grabbing and holding a marshmallow on a stick up to the flames. "HOT!" the griffon yelled out in agony.

"G, the punch." Rainbow Dash pointed out to the griffon so that she could quell her burning mouth, laughing all the while. Keith got the picture and drank his glass of punch to quell the flames. Gilda, on the other hand, went to drink a random glass of punch near the punch bowl only for the liquid to pour out halfway up the cup, much to Gilda's confusion and anger

"Well, whaddya know, pepper in the vanilla lemon drops, and the punch served in a dribble glass," Pinkie Pie pointed out.

"Ha. Priceless. Priceless." Rainbow Dash laughed out in response to the prank.

Meanwhile, Gilda found another coconut cup to drink from, finally quelling the burning heat in her mouth. "Yeah, hilarious," Gilda gasped out, far from pleased with the prank that was pulled on her.

"Hey G, look, presents." Rainbow Dash pointed out.

Gilda was very pleased to see that there was a table of gifts left out for her, not noticing that there were labels for Keith and Lancelot as well. Picking one that was shaped like a cylinder, she opened it only to be met with a flurry of toy snakes popping out of the container. "Ha ha. I bet I know who that was," Gilda sarcastically growled.

"You do?" Pinkie innocently asked.

Before anything else could happen, Rainbow Dash approached Gilda and asked her, " So, G, a friend of mine needs help with getting somepony to be more open to others. You game to help them out?"

"Oh, I would love to Dash, but I wanted to get to meet some of your other friends on my own, if that was OK." Gilda claimed, not wanting to come off as mean in front of the pegasus.

"Cool. Later," Rainbow Dash zoomed off, looking for Keith. She was quick to find him walking up to the presents with Lancelot. Lancelot opened up one of the gifts and, unlike Gilda's, was completely prank free. Rainbow Dash was a bit disappointed by this, especially after all the effort she put into leaving behind some gag presents. Her disappointment wouldn't last for long, however, as Keith opened a present that contained a music box. Upon being opened, the box played a reel of high pitched laughter which quickly upset Keith's much more sensitive hearing. In fact, Keith was quick to destroy the box so that he wouldn't have to deal with the audio agony anymore. Rainbow Dash was a bit annoyed at this, seeing as how her hearing wasn't affected the same way Keith's was. In spite of this, Rainbow Dash decided to approach the duo in hopes of helping Twilight. "Good afternoon. The name's Rainbow Dash. You've probably heard of me."

"Not really," Keith responded, being unfamiliar with the cyan pegasus in front of him.

"Oh," Rainbow nervously laughed, awkward at how he didn't seem to know who she was. "Well, I helped with defeating Nightmare Moon a few weeks ago. That help you any?"

"Now that you mention it, I do kinda recognize you," Keith said, starting to recognize the cyan mare as being among the mares that defeated Nightmare Moon. Rainbow Dash looked very pleased with herself for being recognized by the pegasus. "So, what do you want?"

"You see, I am friends with Twilight Sparkle and she says that you are having trouble with wanting to make friends," Rainbow Dash explained. "So I figured that maybe you would be more willing to talk to someone like me rather than an egghead like Twilight. So, Keith, into any sports?"

"Not really. However, I do train to fight," Keith answered.

"Me too. See? We already have some things in common. All right, do you like to fly?"

"Personally, I don't really care much either way."

At this, Rainbow Dash started to get a bit frustrated with the pegasus. However, Rainbow Dash wasn't ready to give up just yet. "What about pranks? Do you like pranks? Because I sure do. In fact, just between you and me, I've set up a few pranks throughout the party for anyone to be affected by if they aren't careful."

Up until this point, Keith wasn't very interested in the conversation and was barely interested in talking to the cyan mare. However, upon hearing that the mare had set up pranks at the party had gotten him into a sour mood, especially once he remembered that he had been harshly pranked earlier during the party. "So, wait," Keith started to realize. "The pepper in the vanilla lemon drops and the high pitched music box were your doing?"

"Yep. They were all mine. No need to thank me for the jokes," Rainbow Dash bragged, not noticing how insensitive she was being to the pegasus stallion's feelings.

"Thank you?! Why would I thank you after you tormented me with your jokes?!"

"Tormented?" the cyan mare was confused. "Come on. I wasn't that harsh. Besides, they are just jokes. Everyone enjoys a good prank."

"Yeah, everyone but me and your griffon friend," Keith countered. "You may think those pranks of yours are all fun and games, but in reality they can do real damage to friendships."

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash cried out, offended at having her pranks and her friendship with Gilda criticized. "My friendship with Gilda is strong. We've been on great terms since we were young. Do you really believe my pranks are breaking my friendship? Besides, if she wasn't taking my pranks well she would have told me."

"Maybe," Keith groaned, "Or maybe she is being bothered by them and is just not saying anything. You would be better off checking before you assume." At this Keith turned around to leave this conversation. However, before he left he couldn't help but add in one final barb "But, even then, your friendship is unlikely to survive for much longer," Keith muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?!" Rainbow Dash intercepted Keith leaving, outraged at what was being implied. "We won't stop being friends just because of a few pranks, trust me!"

"If you are so sure, then why do you need to defend your friendship?"

"How do you think you can make friends if you are unwilling to look on the bright side of anything?!" Rainbow Dash countered.

"Who said that I wanted to make friends?!" Keith yelled back.

Both ponies growled in anger, their noses touching each other as the two were looking ready to erupt into aimless bickering. However, before the two pegasi could fight any further, Lancelot and Twilight arrived to drag the two away from each other. "Okay, that's enough friend making with her for one day," Lancelot said as he dragged Keith away.

"Yeah, why don't we just take a break," Twilight said with the biggest fake smile she could muster as she dragged away Rainbow Dash. After the two pegasi were separated, Twilight whispered in aggravation to Rainbow Dash, "Rainbow Dash, why did you lose your cool? That was a very esteemed pony that Celestia sent for me to help."

Rainbow Dash grumpilly whispered, "Well, then you should tell him that making friends requires actually trying to make them rather than being bitter and judgemental of everypony."

"Are you kidding me?!" Twilight harshly whispered. "We are all supposed to help Keith make friends, and I need for things to succeed otherwise Celestia will think I am slacking on my friendship lessons."

"Yeah, because failing to make the child of the mean and snarky friends will totally mean bad things for you," Rainbow Dash sarcastically said. "Seriously, Twilight. You shouldn't worry about how this stallion does at friendship stuff. He is not worth it."

"Friendship should be important for anypony, Rainbow Dash, not just for us. Even outside of pleasing Celestia, I still want for Keith to want to have more friends," Twilight explained herself.

At this, Rainbow Dash's expression softened a bit, having gained some perspective as to why Twilight wanted to do this. However, that didn't mean she wanted to help, "Okay, fine," Rainbow Dash relented. "I'll help you, but for you not for Keith. I don't care what you think, but I will not think about him differently anytime soon."

"Thanks Rainbow Dash." Twilight thanked her loyal friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the party went on, things were mostly pretty calm at the party. Gilda and Keith were met with very few pranks, if any, and were able to go back to having an okay okay time at the party. Keith and Rainbow Dash didn't interact much at all during this time, still not happy with how their previous interaction went. Rainbow, however, was willing to at least try to give Keith a second chance for Twilight's sake if Keith was willing to want one.

Eventually, the calmness of the party eventually started to waver once the cake was brought out. While Spike wanted to blow out the candles on the cake, Twilight insisted that Gilda do so as she was one of the guests of honor and also as she figured it would be best to leave Keith and Lancelot to their own devices for now. Gilda blew out the candles only for them to reignite. She tried again and again only for each of the multiple attempts resulting in the candles reigniting. Gilda was not pleased, believing that Pinkie Pie was responsible for the prank. Rainbow Dash checked with her to make sure she was okay, though Gilda denied having any problems with the prank.

Shortly after this, it was time for pin the tail on the pony. Gilda forcibly made herself the first one to go. When Pinkie tried to get Gilda ready for the game, Gilda assumed that Pinkie was going to prank her again and ended up making a fool of herself when she slipped on cake icing. When she was met with laughter as the toy tail was on her beak, she roared out in anger, having had enough of the pranks and the ponies' laughter.

"This is your idea of a good time? I've never met a lamer bunch of dweebs in all my life." Gilda yelled as she flew above the guests, finally fed up with the pranks she has had to deal with. "And Pinkie Pie, you! You are queen lame-o with your weak little party pranks." She pointed to said pink pony as she moved closer to said pony, who was only meeting the griffon with a nervous smile. "Did you really think you could make me lose my cool? Well, Dash and I have ten times as much cool as the rest of you put together." She yelled as she settled onto the ground. "Come on Dash, we're bailing on this pathetic scene. Come on Rainbow Dash. I said, we're leaving," she yelled as she was turning to walk away.

"You know Gilda, I was the one who set up all those weak pranks at this party," Rainbow Dash admitted to the griffon, much to the griffon's shock.

"What?" the griffon muttered in confusion.

"Ooh," the pink pony uttered.

"So I guess I'm queen lame-o," Rainbow Dash countered, angry at how her griffon friend had treated Pinkie and the others.

"Come on, Dash, you're joshing me," Gilda tried to believe that the pranks were not Dash's doing.

"They weren't all meant for you specifically, it was just dumb luck that you set them all off, and Keith for one of them," Rainbow Dash calmly explained.

"I shoulda known, that dribble cup had Rainbow Dash written all over it," Pinkie Pie said aside to Spike.

"No way. It was Pinkie Pie. She set up this party to trip me up, to make a fool of me," Gilda tried to defend herself, unwilling to believe that the party was thrown for any other reason.

"Me? I threw this party to improve your attitude. I thought a good party might turn that frown upside down," Pinkie Pie said and, at this, turned her head upside down.

"And you sure didn't need any help making a fool of yourself. You know, this is not how I thought my old friends would treat my new friends. If being cool is all you care about, maybe you should go find some new cool friends someplace else," Rainbow Dash defended her Ponyville friends, both of her wings flaring out.

Rather than try and make up with her friend, Gilda instead replied with, "Rrgh. Yeah? Well you, you, you are such a, a flip-flop: cool one minute and lame the next. When you decide not to be lame anymore, gimme a call." As Gilda left, she let out a loud eagle shriek.

"Not cool," Rainbow Dash simply said, unhappy with how her friendship had sourly ended. After this, many of the ponies present started talking about Gilda and how rude she was. Before Rainbow Dash could say anything else, Keith suddenly jumped into the conversation.

"Well, it looks as if what I said earlier was right. Your friendship with Gilda did end after all," Keith butted in.

At this, Rainbow Dash was beyond furious. "What did you say?!" Rainbow Dash fought back. "Did you see how mean she just was?! She dissed everyone here, especially Pinkie Pie, and wanted me to give up on all my new friends here!"

"Or she was frustrated because she got pranked constantly and believed that she was being met with revenge," Keith countered.

"Well she wasn't. My pranks were just bad luck and coincidences. Besides, that doesn't excuse her behavior at all!"

"I know that. I am just thinking that there is more to her behavior than her just being a jerk," Keith explained. "Of course, though, I won't be getting much sense from someone as rage filled as you."

"I AM NOT RAGE FILLED!" Rainbow Dash screamed at the top of her lungs. Before either of the two could continue, Lancelot grabbed Keith and pulled him away.

"Well, we must get going. Thanks everyone, the party was great," Lancelot thanked everyone as he dragged Keith out of Sugarcube Corner, trying to be nice and trying to downplay how Keith was just saying in front of everyone else.

After the duo left, Twilight sighed to herself, disappointed in how she failed to help Keith make friends. Spike noticed how Twilight had become sad and wanted to try and comfort her. "Twilight? Are you okay?"

"No, Spike. I was supposed to help Keith make friends, but instead all that happened was a complete mess," Twilight said, hanging her head down in shame.

"Hey, it's not your fault. Things just went bad, that's all," Spike tried to comfort. Upon seeing that Twilight's mood was failing to lift, he then added, "Besides, maybe Celestia will send them back and you can do better next time."

At this, Twilight's mood started to lift. "You're right. Thanks Spike. I will make sure that things will work out better the next time they are here. Besides, it looks like at least one friendship is working out," at this Twilight gestured to Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

"I'm sorry everypony, for bringing Gilda here," Rainbow Dash began. "I didn't know how rude she was. And Pinkie Pie, I'm really sorry she ruined that awesome party you put on for her."

"Hey, if you want to hang out with party poopers, that's your business," Pinkie Pie replied.

"I'd rather hang out with you. No hard feelings?" Rainbow Dash offered her hoof

"No hard feelings." At this, both of the ponies shook hooves only to be mildly electrocuted as a result. As it turned, both ponies had hoof buzzers on their hoof that they had set off. Both the ponies gave out a laugh at their prank on each other, proving that there truly were no hard feelings.

"Hey Pinkie. Sorry I accused you of misjudging Gilda. Looks like I'm the one who misjudged you," Twilight apologized for not trusting Pinkie earlier.

"It's okay Twilight, even you can't be a super smart smarty smart-pants all the time. Come on everypony, there's still a whole lotta party to finish," Pinkie Pie accepted the apology, as many of the ponies present cheered at the mention of the party continuing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Keith and Lancelot returned to the castle, Celestia was there to greet them. "Hello, you two. I trust that you both had a good time in Ponyville?"

"Well, there were… complications," Lancelot simply answered as Keith grumpilly entered.

"So, did you two learn anything while you were there?" Celestia questioned as she got out Twilight's letter.

"Yeah," Keith bitterly responded, "I learned that pranks are absolutely terrible and so are the ponies that pull them on others." Keith followed this up by walking away to his room as Lancelot followed. Once the two were gone, Celestia sighed to herself as she left to return to her study to read the letter on her own.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to update this story and others as well. Hopefully, the other stories and this one will be updated more soon. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 1 )

Wonder which episode is next?

Login or register to comment