• Published 22nd Dec 2020
  • 1,643 Views, 40 Comments

Crystallized Rainbows - My Rainbow Dash



The Crystal Empire is in need of a certain rainbow maned mare. Things happen when she's away and things happen when she's at her temporary home. Will she be staying there alone, or will somepony else be joining her?

  • ...
2
 40
 1,643

The Third Story (How They Came To Be)

Rainbow cleared her throat. "Okay. So this happened the day after I finished my one-month-long probation of cleaning the compound. Alright. Here we go. So, I was finishing cleaning the locker room..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Rainbow looked around the clean locker room with a smile. She'd gotten used to cleaning up after the other members of the Wonderbolts. Turns out, they were pretty sloppy with lots of things. Though, she began to think to herself that they purposely did that so she'd have more work to do. She shrugged it off and sighed in relief at not having to do any more work. She suddenly felt someone jump onto her back which caused her to fall to the floor.

"Gah!" She grunted. She looked behind her to see Fleetfoot hugging her from behind. Rainbow smiled. "Well hello to you too, Flatfoot." She joked. Fleetfoot got off of the cerulean mare's back and helped her stand. The smaller pegasus was bouncing on the tips of her hooves. "Alright. Out with it. What's got you so excited?" Fleetfoot puffed her cheeks out before smiling widely.

"Today wath your latht day of probation!!! You don't have to clean up the compound by yourthelf anymore! " Rainbow smiled as the teal pegasus in front of her kept bouncing in place. The polychromatic mare rolled her eyes. This mare reminded her of Pinkie though Surprise was pretty much Pinkie's twin. She shook her head as the other Wonderbolt mares entered the room. Just like Fleetfoot, Surprise jumped onto the mare which caused her to fall to the floor. Fleetfoot bounced in place before jumping on top of Surprise who was still on top of Rainbow.

"Oof!" Rainbow grunted again as she felt more weight pile on top of her. She heard chuckling behind her and turned to the other locker room door to see the stallions on the team enter. The prismatic mare felt more weight on her back and looked back to see that Misty Fly had plopped down on top of Fleetfoot. "Umm, guys? Kinda need to breathe here." Every member of the team laughed but the three ponies piled on top of the mare didn't remove themselves. Rainbow sighed gritting her teeth together as she pressed her hooves on the ground, trying to lift herself off the ground. The laughing around her had stopped and instead turned to gasps. The mare's muscles began to burn due to the amount of weight being put onto her back. Her legs shook violently as she slowly lifted her body off of the ground. She slowly spread her wings so they wouldn't get crushed by all the weight that was already piled on top of her. Rainbow's muscles burned. She'd never had to carry so much weight before. Sure she had to bring Rarity, Misty Fly, Spitfire, and Soarin back up to the cloudiseum at the incident of the Best Young Flyer's Competition, but she was flying while carrying them, so that was a different story.

Puffs of air exited the mare's nostrils as she lifted herself higher. 'Almost there.' She told herself. Her legs were almost at their normal length. She breathed heavily. She groaned as she felt bones pop in her spine. Without knowing, her legs had reached their full length with the three still upon her back. She wasn't going to manage to hold them for much longer due to how much her body was shaking. She heard three yelps and flopped into a pair of arms. She looked over to see Fleetfoot, Surprise, and Misty Fly in the arms of Spitfire, Blaze, and High Winds. The three mares who had piled themselves upon Rainbow's back had pushed their lower lips out, pouting. The three mares holding them shook their heads as if scolding them. Rainbow looked behind her to see Soarin seated behind her with his arms under her armpits. She slouched in his embrace, relieved that there wasn't any more weight being added onto her back. She sighed.

"Well, that's one way to end probation." Everyone in the room laughed. It sure was. Spitfire dropped Fleetfoot, who squeaked in surprise, and snatched Dash from Soarin's grasp. Rainbow yelped, not knowing what to do.

"Hey! What about a group picture?" Blaze called out. Rainbow blinked.

"Of who?" She asked. Spitfire smiled and sat on one side of the mare while Soarin sat on the other. Fleetfoot pushed herself onto Rainbow's lap and cuddled into her chest. Rainbow laughed as she was sandwiched between the captain and the co-captain of the Wonderbolts. The four pegasi all laughed and the photo snapped. Rainbow smiled as she was being welcomed into a new group of friends. A family maybe. 'Family', the mare thought. ' Yeah. That sounds nice'. She smiled. The hugging moment ended after the cerulean mare felt uncomfortable due to her cleaning the compound so she excused herself to take a shower. Another round of laughs rang out and all the pegasi parted ways. Rainbow took a breath as she headed towards the showers. 'This was the new life I'm going to be living and I'm already finding it fun.'

|||||

Rainbow sighed as she got out of the shower and slipped back into the locker room to put on her flight suit. Once she finished putting it on, she shifted her shoulders to make sure that it was fully snug against her body. She nodded her head and walked outside to the runway, checking both ways, making sure that she didn't run into anyone and crash into a trash can again. She walked over to where the other members were sitting and they greeted her. Fleetfoot ran over to hug her, but Surprise beat her to it. Once the yellow-maned mare wrapped her arms around the prismatic mare, she stuck her tongue out at the teal mare and blew a raspberry at her. Fleetfoot returned it and soon Dash found herself in the middle of two mares who acted like fillies.

She sighed and managed to slip out of Surprise's hold and sit down by the rest of the Bolt's. Spitfire facehoofed as the two mares continued to act like foals. Misty Fly, High Winds, Blaze, and Rainbow all shook their heads at the scene while the stallions rolled their eyes and looked away. Rainbow looked around her to see two equal-sized pebbles and picked them up, one in each hoof. The others around her smirked and nodded once she looked their way. Rainbow returned the smirk and looked back at the two mares standing away from them. The polychromatic mare pulled her arms back before throwing them in the direction of the other two mares.

"Ow!" The mares cried and looked back at the group of eleven pegasi. Rainbow had rested an elbow on Soarin's shoulder and looked away, whistling a tune. Spitfire kept her hoof to her forehead while smiling and shaking her head. The others had cracked up due to the mares finally stopping their childish acts. Fleetfoot and Surprise looked at Dash. Said mare looked at them once she felt their eyes on her. She blinked.

"What? It wasn't me." By then the Bolt's were dying of laughter, tears rolling down their cheeks. "Really. I'm serious." There wasn't a single serious face on the grass every member was sitting on. Rainbow rolled her eyes but squeaked in surprise when she felt a strong wing bring her in for a wing hug. She looked to her left to see Soarin smiling at her. She smiled and poked his right cheek. "Real smooth, goofball. Real smooth." He squeezed her tighter and she made no movements of objection to be released from his grasp. What surprised the stallion was that she pushed herself closer to him, rubbing her suited body against his. He smiled and rested his chin on the top of her head. He tilted his head so his muzzle was next to her ear.

"Wanna go somewhere else so we can start practicing?" The mare gave him a surprised look, but when Soarin usually wanted to "begin or start practice" with her, it meant that he wanted to speak with her privately. Rainbow nodded and the two pegasi walked away from the others.

|||||

The two pegasi rounded the corner of the compound where it was quiet and calm. Soarin took a deep breath, relieved that there was only one pony beside himself that would hear the next few words that would be leaving his mouth.

"There's something that I've wanted to ask you for some time. So," Soarin took another breath and let it out as he spoke, "would you like to go out with me for dinner on Friday." Rainbow blinked, too many thoughts were going on through her head. Soarin's ears fell flat against his head. "S-sorry. That was a bit too quick and-" Rainbow cut him off by putting a hoof over his mouth.

"You goof. I didn't even respond. I paused like that because nopony's, well, asked me out before so it took me by surprise. But, I'd love to go out with you on Friday. I don't have anything to do after practice so it works for me." She smiled at him and he sighed in relief. She laughed and gave him a slight punch on the shoulder. Soarin chuckled at her actions and shook his head. He was about to head back to the others when he felt a sudden tug on the chest portion of his suit and found his lips being planted on the lips belonging to the beautiful polychromatic mare in front of him. The kiss lasted some time before the two had to part for air.

"First kiss?" The stallion asked the mare. Rainbow shook her head.

"No. I've been kissed by a few other stallions before but they were just ponies who liked me for my looks and not for me. Those guys were asses. Didn't even treat me like a mare. Just a toy. Sometimes even... used... me." Rainbow's ears flopped down and Soarin stared in shock.

"Stallions have used you?" Rainbow nodded.

"Didn't even ask me on a date. Just brought me to their bed and... well... I knocked out a few of them and others I just bucked square in the chest before anything else happened. It's probably why I'm nervous about dating other stallions. I get worried that I'm just going to get used as I have in the past." A few tears leaked from the mare's eyes. Soarin felt bad at what'd happened to her. Without thinking twice, he brought the mare into a hug. Rainbow buried her muzzle into the crook of his neck. She was afraid. ' Will Soarin use me too? Like others have done in the past? No. He's a Wonderbolt, and your friend. He wouldn't hurt me. I've saved his life twice after all.' Dash looked up at Soarin. She cleared her throat and he looked down at her.

"If I went on a date with you and dated you, would you use me?" Soarin stared in shock. 'Use her? Why would I use her? She's the most amazing mare I've ever met. If I did, that would be below something I've ever done. Spitfire would also either kill me or fire me for using our newest team member.' Soarin immediately shook his head.

"No! Dash, I'd never use you. You've done so much for me. Even Spitfire. You represent one of the Elements of Harmony. If I used you, it'd be all over the news. Spitfire would either fire me or kill me for doing something I'd never do. I'm not that kind of stallion, Dash. I've dated mares in the past but they only saw me for my fame and not my true self. It gets annoying that there's nopony that ever sees you as a normal pony except for your teammates who see you as their friends. You mean so much more to me, Dash. I would never do anything like that to you." He gave her a warm smile and she stared at him with watery eyes.

"Y-you mean it?" She sniffled. Soarin nodded and brought her in for another hug. This time, Rainbow let the dam break, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Th-thank you. Thank you so much, S-Soarin." Soarin soothingly stroked her mane as she took shaky breaths. He heard the sound of multiple hoof beats and turned to see Spitfire and the other Bolt's run around the corner. They stopped once they saw the prismatic mare crying on the baby blue stallion's shoulder. Spitfire was about to shout when something happened that surprised everypony. The crying mare lifted her head and turned to give the stallion a short kiss on his lips. Soarin smiled and caressed her cheek while wiping her tears away. She gave the stallion a strong hug and he held onto her as much as she did. Soarin felt his shoulder be shaken. He turned to see Spitfire standing next to him. She took a breath and cleared her throat.

"Seeing the state she's in, she's taking the day off. You're gonna take care of her so your day is cleared as well." Soarin nodded and smiled at his friend while mouthing 'Thank you' to her. She nodded and signaled for the other pegasi to follow her. As they flew away, Soarin lifted Rainbow's head off of his shoulder and looked at her.

"Spitfire's cleared our day. Wanna do something in our free time?" Rainbow smiled and the two lifted off to the clouds. Soarin held a strong grip on the mare's hoof as the two soared higher into the sky. As soon as the two sat down on a lone cloud in the sky, Rainbow pushed herself against Soarin. Today had been an emotional day for her and she needed a lot of comfort. Soarin planted a kiss on the mare's head and lovingly stroked her mane. Unexpectedly Soarin, Rainbow grabbed his hooves and wrapped them around her front as she held onto them. The stallion rested his head on top of hers while she pushed her back closer to his chest. The two closed their eyes and listened to the wind as it blew in their faces. Rainbow took a sigh of relief and smiled at the feeling of being in the arms of a stallion that would treat her like a mare and not a toy. No one would use her because of her body and actions versus caring about her because of her personality. The mare looked up at the stallion holding her and he looked down at her. The two leaned closer and their lips touched in a loving way versus the forceful ones she'd received when she was younger. They parted and they nuzzled each other's cheeks as they remained close to one another for the rest of the day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"And that's how we started dating." Rainbow finished the story to the group in front of her. Tears welled in the eyes of the fillies and colts sitting in front of her and Soarin. A filly named Rose walked towards the mare.

"You were treated that badly when you were younger?" Rainbow nodded sadly.

"Yeah. I felt that Soarin was the best pony to tell my past to. After that incident, we decided to have that date at the end of the day so I had more comfortable around me. After that, we became closer and became marefriend and coltfriend. Sometimes when the goofball here has a bad day or isn't feeling well, he comes to my room and hugs me throughout the rest of the night. But, we both have our problems and we solve them together. That's the whole point of being in love." The fillies and colts all stared in wonder at the strong words the mare spoke. Rainbow cleared her throat. "Alright. I think that that's the end of storytime for today." She got groans from the little ponies in front of her and the two adults let out a small laugh. "Don't worry. We'll tell you more stories, maybe, two days from now. How about that?" Cheers replaced the groaning and all the kids ran back to their destinations. The pegasi laughed. Soarin turned to his mare.

"You know, there's been something on my mind for a while." Rainbow rose a brow.

"And what's that?"

"What if we had a foal of our own? I mean, I've seen how you act with them here, so I think you'd be an excellent mother. Plus, you kind of already are with Flurry, but, I mean our foal with our genes." Rainbow was surprised at the statement. Soarin wanted to have a foal with her? Sure she didn't mind it because he'd be by her side, but was she ready to be pregnant and go through everything? There was a large lump in her throat.

"The idea would be nice, but would we be ready to have a foal of our own? Having a foal takes a lot of responsibility. " Soarin smiled at her and caressed her cheek.

"You know I'll be with you every step of the way. Don't worry about it." He gave her a quick kiss on her forehead and she smiled. She took a breath and looked up at him.

"I'm willing to take the challenge if you stay with me. But since you are, I say yes to your request on starting a family. We have been together for almost three years anyway, so... yeah. Let's do it." Soarin grabbed her and brought her into a deep hug. Rainbow was surprised by the action at first but melted into the loving embrace of the stallion she loved dearly.

"I love you, Dash."

"Heh. I love you too, Soarin." The two smiled and walked back to the castle.

Comments ( 10 )

Great chapter!

Is this story going to boost up a rating?

Cute chapter

Comment posted by My Rainbow Dash deleted Mar 16th, 2021

10704773

Since you're one of the first people to respond to my work, would you mind giving me an idea of what to write next? I think that would be very helpful. Thx.

10724285
On my blog post, there are story ideas that I did in hopes others can adapt them to the site and make them great. If you like, you can adapt one or more free of charge. There might be others who one day may write the same story idea that you may write that came from from one of my story ideas. There’s already one author who may adapt one of ideas on the site and that was a long time ago, but it might still happen. If you’re going to adapt one or more of my story ideas, please make it good where it’ll get a lot of good/positive ratings.

Comment posted by Blue_Sapphire deleted Nov 15th, 2021

When next update??

Login or register to comment