• Published 21st Dec 2020
  • 1,300 Views, 38 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic: ARC-V - snivygamer97



Pinkie Pie and her friends learn of Pendulum Summoning in time to help save the dimensions. Being edited.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,300

Trade Bait Part 2

“I’ll take the first turn! I summon Aria the Melodious Diva (1600 Attack)! I place one card facedown and end my turn. You go, now,” Zuzu played.

“So, I take it that Zuzu uses a musician based deck?” Starlight asked the others.

“Yeah, and she’s very good. She defeated Yuya and me multiple times!” Pinkie Pie cheerfully complimented.

“True. But she had the benefit of not having to deal with Pendulum Summoning during those duels,” Spike reminded.

“Also, this Celina girl knows what she’s doing. Pinkie Pie may not look it, but she’s a talented duelist. For her to lose to this Celina girl means big trouble,” Twilight warned.

“Come on! Zuzu can still win this! She’ll pull out a victory against her yet, you’ll see!” Rin yelled encouragingly.

“Um, who are you?” Starlight asked, not quite knowing who this girl was.

“Oh, I’m a friend of Rua’s. I’m here to see your pal’s Pendulum Summon,” Rin answered.

“Well, okay,” Spike awkwardly accepted.

“Very well. It’s my turn now! I play the spell card Double Summon in order to normal summon twice this turn. I summon Lunalight Blue Cat(1600 Attack) and Lunalight Purple Butterfly(1000 Attack)! Now, I’ll have my Blue Cat attack and destroy your Aria!” Celina yelled.

“I’m afraid that you’ve miscalculated. Both our monsters have the same number of attack points. They’ll just destroy each other.”

“I’m aware of that. This allows for me to leave you with a clear field and attack you directly! Go, Lunalight Purple Butterfly!” Celina yelled out. (Zuzu-3000 LP) “Now, I place one card facedown and end my turn. Your move, my copy.”

“Well, looks like I pegged this girl right. There really is no chance of her winning against Celina,” Sora said to himself.

“What do you mean by that?” Starlight and Rin demanded.

“Well, you see, where I come from Celina is a very talented Duelist. In fact, I doubt very many people would stand a chance against her, not even your friend,” Sora explained.

“Looks like I was right. There is little chance of this Zuzu winning,” Twilight said sadly.

“We’ll just see about that. Zuzu can win this!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Yeah! The duel is still early! Zuzu can still pull out a win!” Rin cheered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It worked?” Yuya was shocked to see that someone other than him could Pendulum Summon.

“I got three monsters, just like that! Pendulum Summoning is sweet!” Sylvio said as he laughed maniacally. “I’ve become the most powerful duelist in the world!”

“No you’re not! That honor would go to Shay or Yuto!” Lulu countered, blushing as she said Yuto’s name.

“Will you be quiet?! Anyway, now that I can Pendulum Summon on my own, I think I’ll use that power to finish you both off! You’ll both make easy targets for my Dart Strikers! Power Dart Striker, I’ll let you do the honors! Blast Yuya’s Skeeter Skimmer out of the water!” Sylvio commanded.

“Skeeter Skimmer, let’s move it!” Yuya cried out as his monster tried to avoid Sylvio’s onslaught. Eventually, he saw an Action Card. However, remembering what happened the last times he grabbed one on this field, he decided against it.

“Good move, Yuya. We don’t know how dangerous that card could have been,” Lulu said.

“Well, I see you finally managed to learn something after all, Sakaki. But there’s nothing you can do to save yourself,” Sylvio pointed out.

“My Skeeter Skimmer’s schemier than you think! By switching to defense mode, it can deflect your Darts so they miss their mark (1600 Defense)!” Yuya played.

“Perfect! Yuya was able to avoid Sylvio’s attack!” Lulu cheered.

“That bug’s really starting to bug me! Good thing, I have two more Dart Strikers eager for target practice! Rocket Dart Striker, fire when ready! Torpedo that Skeeter Skimmer!” Yuya’s Skeeter Skimmer was destroyed by the attack, in spite of Yuya’s attempts to avoid it. Yuya yelled as he fell into the water, while Sylvio laughed. “I just sunk your bug boat, twerp! And now, Ultimate Dart Striker will sink you. Ultimate Dart Striker, attack Yuya directly! Dart Destruction!” Yuya was blasted out of the water by Sylvio’s attack (Yuya-600 LP). Meanwhile, the bridge got even more unstable, with Frederick barely being able to hold on. “I’ll end my turn now. Then I’ll give you one last chance to beg me for mercy. It’s the only possible way you can save yourself and your friends.”

“Don’t listen to him, Yuya! Let’s go on and find a way to win this duel,” Lulu said, trying to help.

“I can’t trust that creep to free the others! But how am I supposed to put up a fight, when Sylvio’s holding my go-to cards? I wish my Dad were here to help me come up with an answer!” Yuya thought.

“Try to laugh when you feel like crying. And when things get tough… respond with a smile. It will give you the strength to keep moving forward!”

Yuya started to get back up, laughing as he did so. “You’re about to lose and your laughing? I guess it makes sense ‘cause your dueling has been pretty hysterical. So far, you and Ruri have been dueling pretty poorly,” Sylvio mocked.

“I’m not gonna let this guy rock my confidence!” “It’s showtime!” Yuya was prepared to make his move.

“Hold on, Yuya! Remember that I have to make a move first. I draw! I play the spell card Pot of Greed, which allows me to draw two cards,” Lulu yelled as she drew a spell card called Lyrilusc Burst. “Lyrilusc Burst can allow me to increase my monster’s attack points by 1000 for every Overlay Unit she has. However, I can’t do anything until Sylvio’s trap is destroyed. But my trap card on the other hand...” Lulu thought before saying, “I end my turn with a facedown.”

“Hm! Couldn’t make much of a move, could you!?” Sylvio mocked.

“Hey! That card could prove to be your undoing for all you know!” Rainbow Dash yelled from the sidelines.

“Grr. Will you be quiet, loser? I am in the middle of dominating this duel here!” Sylvio yelled as Rainbow stuck out her tongue in anger.

“I draw!” Yuya drew the card Block Spider. “I summon the web weaving Block Spider (0 Attack)!”

“That eight legged loser is as pathetic and weak as you are. If you’re trying to intimidate me, you failed miserably. Go ahead and attack me,” Sylvio joked with a small laugh.

“In a few seconds, you’re gonna regret you ever gave me this card, Sylvio,” Yuya said back.

“That was one of my cards? I don’t even remember having it in my deck,” Sylvio said.

“Block Spider can spin a protective web that’ll shield any monsters I have from being attacked!”

“That might be useful if you actually had any other monsters on your field… but it’s all alone.”

“Not for long! First, I have to switch Block Spider into defense mode (100 Defense)! That’ll let me activate my spell Mimiclay! A famous magician conjured up Mimiclay so he could make exact replicas of anything he desired! As a spell card, it can morph itself into any monster on the field… and not just in appearance, it also gains the same abilities of the monster it copies!”

“So you’re going to replicate one of my Dart monsters, is that it?”

“Sorry, but you’re a bit off the mark. I’m using Mimiclay to duplicate… the monster on my field!”

“Block Spider?!”

“That’s right, Sylvio! And here’s another shocker! The newly copied monster is automatically summoned to my field (0 Defense).”

“So now you have two worthless web weaving weaklings instead of just one.”

“No… Block Spider’s a lot tougher than you think! When there’s two of them they can do this… Block Lock! Now your three Dart Strikers aren’t able to attack me!”

“Looks like this Yuya guy is better than I initially gave credit. He may be able to turn this duel around,” Sora thought.

“How could I let those lousy cards ground my monsters!” Sylvio growled.

“Hey, it serves you right for all that you’ve done, Sylvio!” Rainbow Dash yelled out.

“Will you be quiet?! I need to concentrate!” Sylvio yelled, getting annoyed with Rainbow’s yelling.

“He may think these cards are useless, but I know they’ll come through for me.” Yuya thought. “I’ll place one card facedown and end my turn. It’s your move!”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re tough, Celina, but I’ll find a way to make this duel swing my way! My turn! I play the spell card Monster Reborn! With it, I can revive a monster from either of our graveyards. I choose to revive Aria the Melodious Diva(1600 Attack)! Next, since I control a Melodious monster, I can special summon Sonata the Melodious Diva in attack mode (1200 Attack)!” Zuzu cried out.

“Hmm. So, you aren’t that bad for a copy of mine. However, don’t believe that you can win so easily with monsters like those!” Celina pointed out.

“Maybe you’ll change your mind when you see Sonata’s special ability! When she is special summoned, she can increase the attack of all Melodious monsters by 500 (Aria-2100 Attack) (Sonata-1700 Attack)!”

“You know, Cece, as surprising as it will be to say this, I think you might be in a bit of trouble right now,” Sora commented, his attention split between both duels going on. “I’ll watch with anticipation how you turn this around.”

“See? I told you that Zuzu was good! She’s going to win this duel and make a spectacle at the same time!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“Agreed! Celina will need a bigtime monster to win at this point!” Rin agreed.

“I wouldn’t count your chickens before they hatch you two…,” Starlight warned.

“Yeah. The duel is still far from over after all,” Spike agreed.

Celina grumbled to herself in response to Sora’s comment. “Now, Aria the Melodious Diva, attack and destroy her Lunalight Purple Butterfly! (Celina-2900 LP)” Zuzu cried out.

“I play my trap card Lunalight Reincarnation Dance! Since you destroyed my monster, I can add up to two Lunalight monsters from my deck to my hand! I choose Lunalight White Rabbit and another Lunalight Blue Cat!”

“Since my monsters are stronger than yours, I can easily defeat them on my next turn! Now, Sonata the Melodious Diva, attack Celina directly! (Celina-1200 LP) I end my turn. You won’t be keeping us from our friends much longer! So, what do you have to say, Celina?”

“I say that this duel is just about over. I draw! I play the spell card Polymerization! This will allow for me to fuse together my Lunalight White Rabbit and Lunalight Blue Cat!”

“Wait! Fusion Summon?!” Zuzu was shocked.

“Oh yeah! Celina’s a Fusion summoner! I probably should have mentioned that before you ran into the duel,” Pinkie Pie nervously noted with a nervous chuckle.

“You think?” Spike and Twilight grumbled.

“By combining the fierce reflexes of a feline with the agility of a leaping rabbit, I can create a new lunar legend! Now emerge! Lunalight Cat Dancer (2400 Attack)! I summon out another copy of Lunalight Purple Butterfly (1000 Attack)! Now, I’ll play my Cat Dancer’s special ability! By sacrificing my Purple Butterfly, I can allow for my Lunalight Cat Dancer to attack all monsters you control twice this turn!” Celina explained.

“This is going to hurt,” Zuzu commented.

“We’ll see. I now have my Cat Dancer attack and destroy your Sonata the Melodious Diva!”

“If all these attacks go through then Zuzu’s toast!” Twilight said fearfully.

“Come on! There has to be something that Zuzu can do to turn this duel around! Right guys?” Spike asked, only to see that Starlight and Twilight looked sadly.

“I play my trap card Gift of the Mystical Elf! Now I gain Life Points equal to the amount of monsters we both control multiplied by 300! (Zuzu-3900 LP)”

“You may have given yourself more Life Points, but that doesn’t mean this turn will go by that much differently! My attacks on your Sonata resume! (Zuzu-2500 LP). Now, with your Sonata destroyed, your Aria loses 500 Attack Points (Aria-1600 Attack)! Now I’ll attack your Aria twice! (Zuzu-900 LP) I place one card facedown and end my turn. I’m almost through with this duel, my copy. You’re about to see the full power of my lunar deck!”

“Maybe there is nothing I can do. After all, she has a very powerful fusion monster out on the field and I have no cards on mine,” Zuzu thought, starting to give up on defeating Celina and saving her friends.

“Don’t give up, Zuzu! She may have the advantage now, but you can still turn this duel around!” Rin tried to encourage.

“Rin is right! You can’t give up this duel now! A duel is never truly over until the last card is played! Keep it up!” Rainbow Dash agreed.

“Rin and Rainbow Dash are right! I can’t give up! I can turn this duel my way once more. I draw!” Zuzu yelled, her three monster cards glowing strangely.

“What’s going on?” Celina demanded.

“I don’t know, but whatever it is you may be in trouble Cece,” Sora said.

“Could it be…” Twilight wondered.

“More Pendulum cards?” Spike wondered.

“Well, either way it looks like Zuzu may have reason to be happy,” Pinkie Pie said.

Zuzu’s three monster cards, Adante the Melodious Sorceress(Fairy/Level 7/Light/2000 Attack/800 Defense/Scale 1), Vibrato the Melodious Sorceress(Fairy/Level 4/Light/1300 Attack/1300 Defense/Scale 9), and Mozarta the Melodious Pendulum Maestra(Scale 5) were now Pendulum cards. “Wait. Since when do I have Pendulum cards?!” Zuzu was shocked, yet happy by this development. “I… have Pendulum cards. Looks like this duel will swing my way once again! I’ll use Scale 1 Adante and Scale 9 Vibrato to set the Pendulum Scale! My monsters are ready to swing into action! Now come on out Mozarta the Melodious Pendulum Maestra(2600 Attack)!”

“Wait! A Pendulum Summon?!” Rin, Rainbow Dash, Starlight, Twilight, Spike, Sora, and Celina were shocked to see this move. Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, looked unfazed by the move.

“Right! I can now attack your Lunalight Cat Dancer with Mozarta! And check this out! According to my card’s effect, Adante can increase a Melodious monster’s attack by 1000 when it attacks a monster with 2000 or more attack points! (3600 Attack)”

“This isn’t over yet! I play the trap card Mirror Force! With it, I can destroy all attack position monsters my opponent controls when they declare an attack! Say goodbye to Mozarta!” Celina cried out.

“That’s what you think! I activate the ability of Vibrato to negate and destroy one trap or spell card that is played during the battle phase, though only once per turn!” Zuzu countered. “Now finish this, Mozarta!” (Celina-0 LP)

“Great, Zuzu, you won!” Pinkie Pie congratulated.

“Thanks. So, now that you’ve lost can we go now? Our friends are in need of assistance,” Zuzu pointed out.

“Fine. But tell me this. Why do you look just like me, my copy?” Celina asked Zuzu.

“To be honest, I have no idea,” Zuzu said as she ran for the duel entrance.

“I don’t know either, if I’m being honest. It looks like we may have some important role that we don’t know of or something,” Rin said.

“From the looks of it, you may not be able to enter this duel. After all, from what I’ve heard, you normally can’t enter an Action Field while a duel is in action,” Sora said.

“So what? We’re just supposed to wait and let Ruri and Yuya save our friends on their own?!” Twilight demanded.

“From the looks of it, yes,” Celina said, looking genuinely conflicted. “I’m sorry I kept you from entering in time.”

“Hey, it’s okay. After all, the duel began before you got here. We would have missed our chance to enter even if we weren’t interrupted,” Spike consoled.

“I just hope that the others will be safe,” Starlight wished.

Zuzu looked over at her friends who were in trouble. “Yuya, Ruri. Everyone, please be careful.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sylvio angrily growled. “Now I draw!” Sylvio was mad at the card he drew until Declan contacted Sylvio again.

“According to my analysis, those two Magicians are currently Spell Cards. That may be the trick you need right now,” Declan said.

“They’re spells? They’re not monsters right now?” Sylvio asked, only for his mood to lighten and for him to laugh. “Pendulum Cards are almost as amazing as I am! I’ll use the spell Cricket Close to close out your strategy! It lets me negate the effects of one of your cards. As long as I negate two spells on my field.”

“But all you currently control is a trap card in your spell and trap card zones,” Lulu pointed out.

“Ruri is right! Better double-check your field, Sylvio. You don’t have the two spell cards you need!’ Yuya said.

“Or so you think. My friend gave me a helpful hint. Clearly, you both haven’t understood the true potential of the Pendulum cards you “traded” away! My Magicians are treated as spell cards! Stargazer and Timegazer’s effects are negated so that cricket Close can spin into action!” At Sylvio’s words, both magicians were painfully stripped of their power and returned to being just cards. “I’ll use its power to deform your pliable pal back into a dumpy lump!”

“My Mimiclay!” Yuya was shocked.

“Aw, come on!” Rainbow Dash yelled in fury.

“Since it’s lost its effect, your Mimiclay gets sent to the graveyard! Without Mimiclay, your Block Spider is once again exposed as a third-rate monster. It’s a perfect match for you, since you’re a third-rate duelist! I finish you both and your monsters easily now!” Sylvio mocked.

“Don’t count us out yet!” Lulu yelled.

“Ruri’s right! I activate the spell Draw Muscle! It helps me muscle up a monster! Since my Block Spider has less than 1,000 defense points, I can draw one card from my deck! If I draw a monster card, I can add its defense points to strengthen my Spider’s shield! Everything depends on this draw… and I can’t hold back!” Yuya drew, seeing that he drew Performapal Kaleidoscorp. “Excellent. This might sting a little. I just drew Kaleidoscorp! It has 2300 defense points and thanks to Draw Muscle I can add those points on to my Block Spider (2400 Defense)!”

“Luck sure is on your side… but I’ll still find a way to take your Block Spider apart!” Sylvio grumbled.

“Go ahead and try! Draw Muscle has another effect that makes my Spider indestructible. So it’s safe and sound!”

“You’re trying to make me look like a fool, aren’t you?” Sylvio grumbled, only for his frown to turn into a smile. “But there’s only one fool on this field and it isn’t me.” Sylvio proceeded to laugh. “With my superior grasp of dueling, I knew you’d make a last-ditch move to save yourself. So I held back to test your defenses. Now that I’ve exposed your strategy, I can increase my onslaught accordingly!”

“What is that weasel up to?” Lulu wondered bitterly.

“I don’t know, but I doubt it’s anything good,” Twilight whispered to herself.

“I tribute Power Dart Striker and Rocket Dart Striker, which will allow me to crank up the firepower of Ultimate Dart Striker! It was already the most destructive dart dealer ever devised, but thanks to Power Dart’s special ability, Ultimate Dart Striker gains another 600 attack points (3000 Attack)! But Ultimate Dart Striker also benefits from Rocket Dart’s special ability! When it attacks a monster in defense mode, and Ultimate Striker’s attack points outweigh that monster's defense points, then the difference hits you as damage! Ultimate Dart Striker, zero in on Block Spider! Bull’s-eye Blast! You’re going out with a bang, Yuya, and your little girlfriend won’t be that far behind you!”

The flurry of missiles proceeded to knock down the three kids from their place on top of the tower due to the explosion. “Ruri, do you have anything to stop this attack or at least save the others?” Yuya asked, concerned for his friends.

“I do. It’s time to swing into action! I activate my trap Empty Fishing! It cuts the damage Yuya takes in half, so he’s still alive. But that’s not all! Two cards on the field that lost their effects are added to the hand of whoever I choose until their next End Phase!” Lulu played.

“But which two cards had their effects negated?” Sylvio was confused before he realized in shock, “My Magicians!”

“Not yours! Those Magicians belong to me! Timegazer and Stargazer, welcome back to Team Yuya!” As Yuya said this, Frederick, Allie, and Tate were falling to their doom. “My friends are in trouble! Catch them!” At this, the two magicians worked together to catch the trio and gently place them on the ground where Yuya and Lulu were. “Thanks you guys. Awesome work!” The two magicians bowed before they disappeared and the cards landed in Yuya’s hand.

“Wait! How did you, a clueless loser, like you pull that move off?” Sylvio demanded.

“It’s a little something called teamwork and putting faith into your cards,” Lulu answered.

“Well, this move will make you think twice about ever doing that again. Believing in your cards. Ha! I activate Ultimate Dart Striker’s special ability! I can summon all the Dart monsters I tributed! That’s more I like it,” Sylvio said with a grin.

“He brought his whole team back!” Tate said.

“You did get your friends down, but that’s nothing compared to how badly I’ll take you down!” Sylvio yelled.

“Sorry to cut it so close, but at least you’re okay,” Yuya said to the others.

“You timed it perfectly!” Tate responded.

“Now you can focus on beating that creep! I’ll pass this turn! It’s your move, Yuya!” Lulu said as she looked at the card she drew was Mystical Space Typhoon.

“I’ll do my best, yeah!” Yuya yelled as he drew Performapal Turn Toad. “It’s time to call on my cast of monsters! Get ready guys! We’re going lights out!” At this. All of the lights around the city went out.

“I don’t get it,” Sylvio said, confused.

“Don’t worry!” Frederick called out. “You’ll get it Sylvio.”

“Yeah and a lot sooner than you think!” Tate added on.

“Yeah! Do it! Pendulum Summon!” Sora called from his place on the sidelines, becoming more interested in this duel by the minute.

“Show him you mean business, Yuya!” Zuzu cheered.

“You got this! Just go in for the winning move!” Rainbow dash cheered.

“It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for! It’s time to swing into action and Pendulum Summon! Along with my fabulous monsters, I proudly present a very special performance! You’ll all recognize the first members of our cast, a pair of Pendulum wonder-workers…” Yuya started his routine.

“Here comes Timegazer!” Tate said, pumped up.

“And Stargazer!” Allie cheered.

“Correct! I’ll use Stargazer Magician(1) and Timegazer Magician(8) to set the Pendulum Scale! I’m taking control of this duel starting now! All right! I’m allowed to summon monsters from Level two through seven all at the same time! Swing far, Pendulum! Carve the arc of victory! My monsters are ready… to swing into action! Jump to it, Performapal Turn Toad (0 Attack)! Sting your way to victory, Performapal Kaleidoscorp (100 Attack)! Turn up the heat, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (2500 Attack)!” Yuya Pendulum Summoned.

“All right Yuya!” The three teens cheered.

“Now, you can go on the attack!” Lulu yelled out.

“Attack with those losers? Kaleidoscorp has 100 attack points. And that ridiculous Toad doesn’t have any! Challenging me with those chumps is an insult! At least Ruri’s Xyz monster had an interesting effect!” Sylvio mocked the idea of being attacked this turn.

“I trust that Yuya will have a counter for this,” Twilight said.

“They may not look like much, but these monsters have hidden talents, just like Ruri’s monster! You think we’re just a bunch of pushovers, but we’re about to prove you wrong, Sylvio. We’re not only gonna win this duel, we’re gonna do it with style! Kaleidoscorp, time to unleash some razzle-dazzle! Kaleido-light!” Yuya argued, as his monster had a beam of light come out of his stinger and hit Ultimate Dart Striker.

“What are you doing to my monster?” Sylvio asked, confused and a little worried.

“Kaleidoscorp’s special ability activates if you have monsters that were Pendulum Summoned. Luckily you Pendulum summoned Ultimate Dart Striker. So what happens next is all thanks to you!”

“What does that mean?”

“You’ll find out soon. Next, I have to select one of my Pendulum Monsters… Odd-Eyes!” Yuya selected his favorite monster as Odd-Eyes began to glow as well as Sylvio’s three monsters who has lights hit Odd-Eyes. “In a flash, Kaleidoscorp’s special ability turns Odd-Eyes into a triple threat!” At this, a red and blue Odd-Eyes formed next to the original. “It gives my Dragon the power to attack each of your monsters once!” The two copies flew around the city beautifully. “Now I’ll show you something even more eye catching… Odd-Eyes in battle! Go! Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon get set to strike! Take out Ultimate Dart Striker! It’s quiz time! Quick, who can tell me Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon’s special ability?”

“That’s easy! Whenever it attacks a monster that’s Level five or above, the damage gets doubled!” Tate explained as the three kids looked on, amazed.

“Correct! And all that damage is heading one way… Heading your way, Sylvio!” Yuya yelled.

“Can we talk this over?” Sylvio nervously asked as the red Odd-Eyes copy destroyed Ultimate Dart Striker and knocked Sylvio into the water (Sylvio-3000 LP).

“Nice to see our act is making a splash! Time for an encore! Take out Rocket Dart Striker! And once again the damage is doubled!” Yuya explained as Sylvio panted after getting out of the water. Sylvio tried to run away from the attack only to be knocked over by the attack (Sylvio-1800 LP). “And now the grand finale, attack Power Dart Striker! Spiral Flame Strike! Who wants to see more double damage!”

“We do!” The others yelled.

“Well I don’t! I’m outta here!” Sylvio yelled as he tried to run. (Sylvio-400 LP) Sylvio got back up as he said, “Yuya, you managed to throw everything you have at me, but unfortunately for you… I’m still standing!”

“Guys… I don’t think Yuya has what it takes to win this,” Frederick brought up his worries.

“Relax, Frederick. If Yuya is as good as I think he is, he’ll have a way to win this duel,” Lulu comforted.

“Yeah! I bet whatever he has planned will be a real show stopper!” Tate agreed.

“You show them, Yuya!” Zuzu called out from the sidelines.

“Go for it, Yuya!” Allie cheered.

“Thanks, guys, but before I continue, let me introduce two important performers… Performapal Turn Toad and Block Spider!” Yuya said as his monsters drifted to him.

“They’re unimportant, not to mention completely powerless and ready to be squashed!” Sylvio pointed out.

“I’ve got to admit, Turn Toad and Block Spider aren’t too terrifying… if I leave them as they are. I just have to turn things around. And that’s where Turn Toad comes in! You ready to flip out? Then jump to it! May I present, the amazing Turn Toad trickeroo (0->1200 Attack).”

“How did your Block Spider suddenly gain so many attack points?”

“Turn Toad’s ability switched Block Spider to attack mode then gave it an attack point boost that equals half its defense points!” Yuya explained as Sylvio looked scared.

“But that isn’t fair!”

“You’ve got 400 Life Points and Block Spider has 1200 Attack points. So, can anyone here tell me how many points Sylvio will have left if Block Spider attacks him now? Feel free to chime in, guys!”

“He’ll have zero points!” Everyone on the sidelines cried out.

“Okay, let’s see if your math is correct! Get set Block Spider… Attack Sylvio directly!” Yuya cried out. (Sylvio-0 LP)

“Way to go, Yuya!” Zuzu called out happily as the duel field started to disappear, Sylvio was on all fours as his friends were standing around him as Sylvio got up.

“I must admit, I was worried about you for a minute there. But you managed to pull off an impressive victory all the same!” Rainbow cheered, much to Sylvio’s anger.

“You won the duel, but you’re losing your Pendulum cards!” Sylvio commanded his friends to help him do just that.

“Hold on!” Yuya prepared to counter. However, before the group could steal Yuya’s cards, Zuzu, Sora, Rin, and the others rushed in and knocked the group to the floor.

“Let that be a lesson! Yuya rules and bullies drool!” Sora yelled.

“Um who are you?” Yuya asked.

“Apparently, his name is Sora and I’m guessing he’s on our side in spite of his friend stopping us from helping you,” Zuzu said.

“Yeah! And I’m someone who was amped by your sweet skills!” Sora answered.

“I have to agree. You may not be the strongest duelist I’ve ever seen, but your duel was like one I’ve never seen before,” Twilight said.

“So, who are these two?” Tate asked Twilight and Starlight.

“Oh, these are our friends Twilight and Starlight! They are among the strongest magic users where we come from!” Pinkie Pie said before anyone could stop her.

“So, do you study here at the Leo Institute?” Lulu asked, with Celina being shocked at another woman looking like her, but Sora motioned her to stop so she decided to not say anything for now.

“I was considering it, but the moves of you and your friend changed my mind. I’m making you and Zuzu my duel gurus!” Sora answered, much to the shock of everyone present.

“You want me to teach you dueling?” Yuya asked, confused.

“And me too?” Zuzu was also confused.

“Yup! If I’m gonna bear down and learn to duel I wanna have fun! Your duel wasn’t the most impressive I ever saw, but it was the most duel-taining!” Sora said.

“It was impressive how you two helped us take down those guys,” Zuzu pointed out.

“Oh, I just caught them by surprise. Nice to meet you guys,” Sora said as he held out his hand.

“Sure. Nice to meet you too!” Yuya agreed as he shook Sora’s hand.

“Don’t just lay there!” Claude yelled to Sylvio and his friends. “Get up and take his Pendulum Cards!”

“No. Leave it be,” Declan said coolly.

“But, Mr. President!”

“Those young men and ladies are starting to intrigue me. Yuya Sakaki, Zuzu Boyle, Ruri Kurosaki, Pinkie Pie, and Sora. There may be more to them than I expected.”

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long, but I will do what I can in order to continue my MLP Yu-gi-oh fanfics. Please leave constructive criticism.