• Published 21st Dec 2020
  • 1,297 Views, 38 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic: ARC-V - snivygamer97



Pinkie Pie and her friends learn of Pendulum Summoning in time to help save the dimensions. Being edited.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,297

Class is in Session

“Sir, I picked up an unusual summoning signal from the city’s coastal zone. The reading is off the charts,” One man said to his bosses in the room.

“Analysis, quick!” A man in charge, named Claude, said.

“I have the results, sir. If the wave patterns are correct, then someone is using pendulum energy,” A woman revealed.

“Pendulum energy?” The man was curious.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The kid summoned three monsters at once,” The Sledgehammer was shocked. “I should be the one flexing my dueling muscles in front of this crowd. I can’t believe a puny guy like him can pull such a powerful maneuver. It must be a trick.”

“I’m stunned, too, but if his move wasn’t legit, the judged would have intervened,” Nico Smiley said on the duel disk’s intercom feature.

“Where did he learn this Pendulum Summoning?”

Meanwhile, Yuya had gotten on the back of his Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (2500 Attack). “Whip Snake, it’s time for you to whip into action. By activating its special ability, it can switch the attack and defense points of your Battleguard King (1100 Attack)!” Battleguard King fell to the ground and put down the Sledgehammer.

“That Snake weakened my only monster!” The Sledgehammer was shocked.

“Oh yeah! And now my Sword Fish will wear him down some more. Using its special ability, my Performapal can slice and dice your King’s attack points by 600 (500 Attack)!”

“Whoa! Things are looking bad for the champ. This boy won’t stop hammering the Hammer!” Nico Smiley announced.

“Now for the big finish. Get set, Odd-Eyes. Time to power up and attack,” Yuya said as the orbs on his monster glowed up.

“Your attack is about to be extinguished. I play the trap Battleguard Howling. Now your Odd-Eyes must retreat to your hand. But before it disappears, you will take all its attack points as damage!” Sledgehammer played.

“This is looking bad! I thought that this Pendulum whatever would turn this duel around, but maybe the Sledgehammer is too powerful after all, right Spike?” Rainbow asked Spike, only to see that he was focused on the duel. “Spike?”

“I don’t know why, but I have a strange feeling with that dragon out there. It’s power is affecting me, even from the stands,” Spike said.

“Aw man! First Pinkie Pie and now you? Am I the only one that feels alright?” Rainbow Dash wondered in concern and confusion.

“Timegazer Magician, you’ve mastered the deepest secrets of space and time. Use your powers to help protect me from the past. Check this everybody. Timegazer Magician’s Pendulum ability can rewrite history. So, Sledgehammer, your trap has been trumped. Infinity Gear Reverse,” Yuya played to negate and reset the trap.

“I better move it or lose it,” The Sledgehammer ran and grabbed an Action Spell. “I’m activating an Action Spell card.”

“We’ve reached the grand finale, Stargazer Magician. Let’s end this duel with a trick fans will never forget. Watch in wonder as Stargazer uses his Pendulum ability. When there’s a Pendulum monster battling, Stargazer can stop spell cards from activating. Halting Horoscope.”

Suddenly, Sledgehammer’s Action Spell was left useless and set. “That move leaves me wide open!”

“Everything is set now, Odd-Eyes. Let’s give The Sledgehammer a blazing send-off. Spiral Flame Strike!”

“Nice try, but that attack couldn’t even toast a marshmallow.”

“Then I guess I’ll have to turn up the heat. Since Battleguard King is a Level-five-or-above monster, Odd-Eyes’ special ability deals double the damage. That’s a wrap!” Yuya explained as his monster wiped out all of The Sledgehammer’s life points. “Odd-Eyes, that was perfect. Good job.”

“So, the boy won the match. Good for him. Maybe he could be of help for us,” The green haired girl said as she walked away.

Back in the arena, everyone was in shock, uncertain how to react to that final turn.

“He won?” Zuzu was surprised.

“Uh-huh,” Gong agreed, similarly surprised.

“I have to admit it looked touch and go there, but he did it! He avenged his father and is recognized as a great Duelist. Congratulations,” Rainbow said, trying to be supportive.

“Oh, yeah! Yuya makin’ it look easy!” Skip cheered with tears in his eyes. “You showed ‘em how it’s done!”

Suddenly, Yuya and Pinkie Pie went back to normal, as if the last few minutes didn’t happen.

“What’s going on?” Yuya wondered as he looked around and saw his opponent on the floor. “Hey, what happened to The Sledgehammer?”

“You defeated him!” His mother called out from the crowd.

“Yeah! You used some Pendulum thing to summon multiple monsters at once and trounced his Battleguard King with a impressive combo!” Rainbow Dash called out.

“Really? That happened? Aw, and I wanted to see that for myself too!” Pinkie Pie was disappointed.

“Wait. You don’t remember what just occurred? You were talking all weird like you were one with him!” Spike explained.

“I did?” Pinkie innocently asked as her friends all fell over.

“Anyway, your dad would be so proud,” Yoko said as his friends looked supportive. “Good work, Yuya. You dueled like a champion.”

“You were unbelievable” Zuzu cheered.

“Even Gong was impressed,” Gong commented.

“He’s our star pupil!” Skip cheered.

As for the rest of the crowd, they all started to cheer on Yuya for his victory and his Pendulum summoning.

“No one walks over the Sledgehammer and gets away with it!” The Sledgehammer yelled as Nico Smiley walked on the champ and headed to Yuya.

“Wow, just listen to that ovation! Kudos to you, Yuya. You have to let us all in on your secret. Give us the lowdown on that amazing new summoning technique you unveiled in today’s duel,” Nico said.

“Huh? New summoning what? Oh, Rainbow did say something about using it to summon a bunch of monsters at once,” Yuya was confused only to realize what just happened.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, at the Leo Institute…

A sixteen year old named Declan Akaba with a long red scarf entered his office.

“Good news sir. We just I.D.’d the kid in question. His name is Yuya Sakaki. 14 years I have his win-loss record. Nothing special,” Claude informed him.

“His record is 50-50 at best. Where does Yuya train?” Declan asked.

“All his training was through one institution. A place called the Yusho Duel School.”

“I’ve heard that name before. Yusho Sakaki! That was his school.”

“Precisely. This young hotshot is Sakaki’s son. Apparently he’s trying to follow in his father's footsteps.”

“Yusho Sakaki vanished three years ago and now his son is suddenly using a radical new method of summoning? There’s more here than meets the eye. Prepare a background report on this kid. Leave nothing out. Any facts that may relate to Pendulum Summoning, no matter how small, should be reported to me immediately,” Declan told Claude.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The You Show Duel School had a line of new potential students in line leading to the outside of the school, all wanting to learn more about Pendulum Summoning.

“Meine Gute! Look at all the new kids applying to You Show,” A young boy named Frederick was amazed.

“They must have our school confused with another school,” Ally, a red haired girl commented.

“The Yusho Duel School is highly selective, but if you fill out this form, I can almost guarantee you’ll get in!” Zuzu was telling the crowd inside of the school, who were all excited.

Frederick and Ally took the elevator inside and greeted Zuzu. “What’s up, Zuzu!”

“Oh hi, Ally. Hey there, Frederick. Did you guys come out to help me?” Zuzu asked.

“Principal Boyle asked for volunteers in our class. Since we are the only two, he “Volunteered” us,” Frederick explained.

“Where is the principal?” Ally asked.

“The new arc system just arrived. We got it free thanks to Yuya’s duel. It’s the latest model and my dad wanted to unpack it personally. I think he wants to adopt the machine into our family,” Zuzu explained.

“Yuya saved our school. Now everyone wants to study here,” Ally said.

“They’re excited to duel like Yuya. When he did that pendulum thingy, I jumped out of my seat and started dancing!” Frederick said excitedly.

“Hey, Zuzu!” Rainbow said as she, Spike and Pinkie Pie got into the school. “So, I take it that the Pendulum summoning is causing a massive turnaround for your school.

“Yeah! If this keeps up, your school will be successful in no time!” Spike said.

“So, can the three of us join too?” Pinkie Pie asked with a pleading expression. “Pendulum Summoning or not, I just want to learn how to entertain duelists while I duel!”

“Uh, sure! Just get into line and you’ll be given the form to fill out,” Zuzu said as the three were about to head outside only to be interrupted by a kid asking…

“You teach all the students here how to Pendulum Summon, right?”

“Yes, it’s part of the curriculum, if you’re enrolled in the school. Now who’s first in line?” The potential students all started to swarm, all wanting to learn Pendulum Summoning. “One at a time, please. Line up and I’ll get to you. Oh, great. I’m supposed to be in today’s demo duel, but at his rate, there’s no way I’ll be ready.”

“Hey, we can try and help enroll the students if you’d like,” Spike suggested.

“Yeah! Consider it our first act as students at this school,” Pinkie Pie said.

“Thanks, but I don’t know. Are you aware how to handle this paperwork?” Zuzu asked.

“Please! I deal with harder work than this for breakfast!” Spike said.

“Thanks, but I’m not sure if I can ask that of you guys,” Zuzu said.

“Problem solved, Zuzu. Gong doesn’t want you to worry, so Gong’ll take over for you in the duel,” Gong, who had just arrived, suggested.

“Oh, no you won’t!” Frederick countered.

“Zuzu’s the best duelist here, so she should be in the spotlight,” Ally agreed.

“Who does he think he is? He doesn’t even go here. You're bad for business. Step outside,” Frederick said as he and Ally pushed Gong out.

“But Gong wants to stay!” Gong pleaded.

“We and your other friends have got you covered here, Zuzu. You better go get prepped for your duel,” Ally said.

“Thanks you guys. You’re in charge,” Zuzu said as she was about to leave to prep for the duel only to see the familiar Tate. “I’ve seen you around here before. You want to enroll?” Zuzu asked as Tate gave her a smile.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Here at the Yusho Duel School we continue a proud tradition of Action Dueling. Our training will produce a duelist who mixes the zeal of a competitor with the crowd-pleasing instincts of an entertainer! The legacy of that great dueling legend--,” Skip was saying as some boys were talking to each other.

“Who cares about this stuff?” One of them asked.
“Yeah, I just wanna learn how to Pendulum Summon,” his friend agreed.

“Friends and fans, gather ‘round!” Yuya yelled out as the crowd found Yuya in the room where virtual duel fields were formed. “Welcome, one and all, to the Yuya Spectacular!”

“What?!” Zuzu yelled as she hit him on the head with her fan. “This isn’t all about you! I happen to be dueling in this match, too!”

“Who is that girl?” One girl demanded.

“I can’t believe she interrupted Yuya like that,” Her friend agreed.

“Go away!” Both girls yelled.

Most everyone present agreed with the girls, not being happy that Zuzu was getting in the way of them learning Pendulum Summoning, much to Zuzu’s anger.

“All right, then. You wanna treat me like a villain? Then that’s exactly what I’ll be! Yuya, I can see being in the limelight has already soured your ego. But soon you’ll be singing a different tune after I own this duel,” Zuzu said, much to Yuya’s confusion. “You need to say something back to me,” Zuzu whispered.

“Whoa! You must be The Sledgehammer’s sidekick!” Yuya responded, awkwardly trying to keep the show going.

“The Sledgehammer’s sidekick?” Zuzu was confused.

“I recognize you now, Gavel Girl! I’ll use my pendulum power to whoop you, too!” Yuya said.

“Listen to them, They’re fired up,” Frederick said.

“I guess so, though their material could be a little bit better,” Rainbow Dash commented.

“Aw, come on! Considering that they’re saying this off the top of their head, I’d say they’re doing rather well,” Pinkie Pie responded.

“Quick, Gong, boot up the ARC system so they can start dueling,” Ally said.

“I can’t believe that a heavy-weight like Gong is taking orders from a half-pint,” Gong said as he started up the ARC system.

“We’re going to duel on the field spell Plain Plain!” Zuzu announced as the computer generated the field.

“This new Augmented Reality Combat system really is top of the line. Check out how realistic that stream and those fish look. After this duel’s done, I’m grabbing my trunks and taking a dip!” Skip was amazed.

Both Yuya and Zuzu prepped their duel disks, ready to duel.

“Augmented Reality Combat System is set!” Yuya yelled out.

“Duelists prepare for battle!” Zuzu also yelled.

“Only one will rule the duel…”

“...in the ultimate fusion of Monsters and mayhem!”

“The action begins…now!” Yuya snapped.

“Let’s duel!” Both Yuya and Zuzu yelled out.

“I’m up first. I’ll start off by summoning Performapal Hip Hippo(800 Attack),” Yuya began.

“That Hippo’s happening,” One spectator said.

“Yeah, once Yuya gets him hoofing away, the dude’s a high-speed heavyweight,” his friend agreed.

“Let’s go!” Yuya yelled as he hopped onto his hippo and took off.

“You’re not gonna get far. It’s my turn! Hyah! I summon Aria the Melodious Diva (1600 Attack). Aria, attack! Bring Yuya’s Hippo to a halt. Piercing Note!” Zuzu commanded.

Thankfully for Yuya, he found an Action Spell, Evasion, and played it. “Let’s rock and roll.”

As the crowd cheered, Zuzu said, “You think you’ve escaped, but Aria can still belt out some damage. Since her attack failed, she can use her special ability to reduce your life points by 800. Resonating Wave!”

Yuya

3200

Zuzu

4000

Zuzu laughed evilly as she said, “That will teach you not to turn your back on me, you wimpy wannabe. Now get up and face the music.” She then said seriously, “Get up, Yuya. You can rest later. Everybody’s waiting and watching to see you Pendulum Summon. Don’t leave them hanging.”

“Work your magic, Yuya!” Frederick yelled out.

“It’s Pendulum time!” Ally yelled out.

Suddenly, the crowd started to cheer out, “Pendulum!”

“See? I told you. They’re getting impatient,” Zuzu said.

“I’m on it! No sweat!” Yuya changed his tune. “It’s time to swing into action!”

“Yuya, if you’re waiting for applause, you might be here awhile,” Zuzu commented.

“Right. Here goes. Now I draw!” Yuya yelled as he drew Timegazer Magician. “Excellent. My duel with the Sledgehammer’s a blur, but luckily Gong gave me the play-by-play. I’ll just do what I did then.” “First, I’ll use my monsters Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon(4) and Timegazer Magician(8) to set the Pendulum Scale. I’m good to go.”

“Yeah! Crank up the Pendulum power!” Skip cheered as the group continued to cheer, “Pendulum!”

“Aw man! Now I get to see what this Pendulum Summoning thing is all about!” Pinkie Pie cried out.

Meanwhile, the green haired girl from back at the arena told her friend with dark purple hair, “See, Ruri, this kid may be the answer to all of our problems.”

“And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for. It’s time to Pendulum Summon and swing into action!” Yuya cried out, only for his Duel Disk to get an "Error message". Everyone was wondering why the Pendulum Summon didn’t work, as Yuya was trying to get it to work. “What the… Where are they? Hey, Sword Fish and Whip Snake, get out here right now!” Yuya kept trying to place his cards on his duel disk, only to keep getting an error message. “Why am I getting an error message? I used my Pendulum Cards the same way last time.”

“Pendulum Cards? What are they?” Some kids asked each other.

“What did I do wrong? I’ve got to think back. If I’m, remembering right, it was just after Sledgehammer destroyed Odd-Eyes, and I was on the brink of losing. It seemed like I didn’t have a chance. That must be it. I was in major trouble and that’s when I was suddenly able to Pendulum Summon. It’ll only work when I’m in a jam!” Yuya thought to himself and then said aloud, “I’m ending my turn now. All right, Zuzu, come at me!”

“You want me to attack?” Zuzu was confused.

“That’s right. Throw everything you got my way,” Yuya confirmed.

“If that’s what Yuya wants, then make him happy! Quick! Fire things up!” Skip cried out.

“Huh? If you say so. I’ll start my turn now! Whenever there’s a Melodious monster taking center stage on my field, I can summon one of the greatest singers that’s ever dueled. That’s your cue, Sonata the Melodious Diva (1200 Attack). Now I’ll tribute this duet and combine their melodies to summon a whole new monster. She’ll blow you away with her musical talent, Mozarta the Melodious Maestra (2600 Attack)! To start her concert, she’ll perform her special ability. By hitting the perfect note, I’m able to summon a Melodious Diva that’s Level-four-or-below! Take a bow, Aria the Melodious Diva (1600 Attack). Her harmonies will overwhelm your Hippo. Aria, sing a tune that will floor Yuya’s monster.”

Aria attacked and destroyed Hip Hippo, reducing Yuya’s Life Points to 2400. “Nice tune,” Yuya complemented.

“Now pull out your Pendulum cards to pick up the beat,” Skip encouraged the cheering crowd.

“Now hit me with a high note,” Yuya said.

“That’s exactly what I had in mind! Mozarta, bring down the house with your most powerful strain! Graceful Wave!” Zuzu commanded.

“Awesome. Okay, it’s make or break. It’s the perfect time to Pendulum Summon!” Yuya cried out as he tried to summon his monsters again, only for him to get another Error message. In an instant, Yuya was knocked into the wall as his Life Points hit zero and the arena returned to normal. Everyone was confused as to how Yuya couldn’t Pendulum Summon and how he lost.

“How could he lose?” Rainbow Dash was confused.

“Maybe he didn’t have the right conditions for such a summon?” Spike suggested.

“He placed the cards in the same place as before. What did he do wrong?” Rainbow wondered.

Meanwhile, Zuzu was angry at Yuya. “If that was your idea of a gag--,” Zuzu growled.

“I wasn’t joking around, honestly!” Yuya defended.

“You better not be lying,” Zuzu responded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Excuse me. I’m really confused,” One guy asked.

“Uh-huh, what is it?” Yuya asked unenthusiastically.

“During your duel you said something about a Pendulum Card,” the guy was curious.

“Pendulum Card?” Zuzu was similarly curious.

“Well, actually, I’m not sure what they’re officially called. That’s just the name I made up for them,” Yuya explained.

“Can I see one?” Zuzu asked.

“Sure,” Yuya agreed as the two compared the cards in their decks.

“I never saw anything like that before,” a woman said.

“Yuya says you can’t Pendulum Summon unless you have on of those cards,” another boy said.

“That sounds fishy. What if all this Pendulum stuff is not actually real?”

“You’re right! Maybe he hacked into the ARC system before dueling Sledgehammer. I bet that’s how he was able to summon three monsters at once,” another boy accused.

“He doesn’t have the skill to beat Sledgehammer, so he had to cheat,” A girl said.

“Looks like our hero is really a zero,” her friend agreed as the massive crowd started to leave.

“Hey, guys, wait!” Yuya yelled. Meanwhile, Skip was trying and failing to keep the crowd from leaving. Saddened by causing possible success for the school to leave, Yuya sadly put on his goggles.

Zuzu noticed this and tried to comfort Yuya, “Yuya, hold on.”

Suddenly, a boy said, “Those kids were wrong! You’re no cheater, Yuya.” Turning around, Yuya saw that Tate was still there, along with the green-haired girl and their purple haired friend. “You’re the greatest duelist any of us ever saw. You didn’t need tricks to beat The Sledgehammer. You won fair and square. Tell them all your Pendulum Summon was real.”

“I agree. Your Pendulum Summon wasn’t fake. I believe that you can bring dueling to new heights with this Pendulum Summon of yours. You just need to not give up on it,” The green-haired girl agreed.

Gong then said, “Yuya, you should stand up and defend yourself instead of making your biggest fan and this new face do all the work for you.”

“My biggest fan?” Yuya was confused.

“And one of your only ones, apparently,” Zuzu said.

“Yeah! Tate has been coming here to see you duel for some time now!” Rainbow Dash agreed.

“Yeah! He may not have had the courage to tell you until now, but he still looks up to you a lot. In fact, you can say that we are also your fans, Yuya!” Pinkie Pie agreed.

“Really?” Yuya was touched.

“Yeah! He had fun watching you play around, but your duel against the Sledgehammer turned him into a true believer!” Ally explained.

“When you were dueling, it was like magic,” Tate said in awe. “You and your monsters pulled thousands of fans together! I wanna do the same thing someday. I’ll learn to duel just like you.”

“Me too! If you need help relearning Pendulum Summoning, I can help! I also gained these Pendulum Cards that you have so we can learn how they work together!” Pinkie Pie yelled.

“Why not? The two of us could also be of help to you,” Ruri agreed, only to be given a weird look by everyone present as they took a closer look at her. Ruri didn't quite understand the reason for the looks until she looked at Zuzu. "Is there any reason-,"

"That this girl looks just like me?" Both Zuzu and Ruri asked each other. "Weird."

After a moment of silence, everyone decided to continue their conversation.

“It’s the greatest feeling in the world to make people so happy, and now I’m about to walk away from it forever, especially once I’ve gained some fans that believe in me. I don’t know. I’d like to keep dueling…” Yuya said uncertainly.

“Then pick up your deck and prove to everybody that what happened in the duel wasn’t a fluke,” Gong said.

“You think I can?” Yuya asked.

“Gong knows you can. You owe it to Tate and the others.”

“We can all have fun trying to make it work, I mean once you all enroll,” Ally said.

“Our open house may not have worked as expected, but we still got a few new students to come here,” Frederick said.

“Wait, new students? Where?!” Skip was excited as he ran over to the group of new students.

“By the way, what are your names anyway?” Yuya asked Ruri and the green-haired kid.

“My name is L-Ruri. Ruri Kurosaki,” Ruri said.

“As for me, I don’t feel comfortable giving out my real name, but you can call me Rua,” The girl answered.

At this, Yuya removed his goggles. “I guess as a dueltainer I can’t let my fans down. Hey, everyone! With your help I’m gonna master Pendulum Summoning! Let’s go!”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, another young teen was talking to someone on the phone while throwing darts at a board. “So you want me to take his Pendulum cards? All of them right?”

“That is correct. How you go about the task is your business. But keep my name out of it. Once you have acquired the Pendulum cards, we will exchange them for the rare cards that you requested,” A man named Claude said on the other line.

“It’s a deal,” The teen said with a grin.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry that the first two chapters haven't had the most original story yet.
I plan to have the next chapter or two feature original story.