• Published 21st Dec 2020
  • 1,291 Views, 38 Comments

Duel Monsters Are Magic: ARC-V - snivygamer97



Pinkie Pie and her friends learn of Pendulum Summoning in time to help save the dimensions. Being edited.

  • ...
2
 38
 1,291

Link into the Vrains

The first thing that Twilight knew, she was laying down on what felt like concrete. Confused over her possible location, she tried with all her might to open her eyes. It took a minute of effort, but eventually she was finally able to do so. Upon regaining her sight, Twilight first saw a strange metal wagon that had a sign that said, ‘Cafe Nom.’ Apparently, the place sold weird looking hotdog sandwiches as well as fries and drinks if the signs on the side were any indication.

“Wh-Where am I?” Twilight asked herself as she looked around further. She was in the middle of a city’s central hub that currently looked like a ghost town, with strange screens on the side of a building that resembled ones that she read were found in Manehattan. To her disappointment, none of her friends or her brothers were with her, meaning she was all alone in this strange place. “Well…I guess it’s no mystery that I’m in the middle of a city. The question is, though, what city? No place in Equestria looks like this. So…am I in a different land?” Upon giving another look around, Twilight noticed that there was one other creature nearby; a taller being, a human, that was standing on two legs just like Spike did and was walking toward the metal…wagon. “So…this is a human settlement then? I’ve read in books that rumored different dimensions that humans are very common in many dimensions separate from Equestria, but to think they actually exist?! Wait till I tell the girls and Spike…provided I can find them…”

“Hey…are you okay, miss?” A male voice asked Twilight as she turned, seeing that the human she saw a moment ago had stopped, holding out a hand awkwardly to try and help her up.

“I think so.” Twilight decided to accept the hand and got up on all fours…though she felt different than normal when she did so.

“Right…So…is there something wrong with your motor functions to require you to be on all fours or…?” The human asked Twilight.

“No! There isn’t! You may not have noticed, sir, but I happen to be a pony, a unicorn to be precise! Being on all fours is normal for me!” Twilight yelled.

“Well, Yusaku, it’s official. We ended up meeting someone that may be more tactless than you. She may also be insane seeing as how she looks nothing like-,” A voice that sounded digitized said from an unknown location.

“Quiet, Ai!” Yusaku whispered to a device on his wrist. “Still, I’ll admit that this girl may be mistaken. Perhaps she is a unicorn in Link Vrains, but here in the real world she definitely is not one.”

“How am I mista-,” Twilight asked as she looked down at where her hooves should be. However, she was shocked, scared even, to see that she had hands instead of hooves. She quickly looked for a place to see her reflection, finally finding something in the hubcaps of the wagon. She saw that the human and the weird voice were right. She wasn’t a unicorn anymore. She was a human too. One dressed in an blue shirt with a red bowtie, a purple skirt with star consolations, blue and white socks and purple boots. She took it well. Okay, not really.

Twilight immediately screamed at the top of her lungs, with the other human trying to cover his ears.

“Uh…is there something wrong…?” Yusaku asked Twilight.

“You kidding? She’s likely having an existential crisis over being trapped in crazy imagination land! So, no! I mean, seriously?! It’s not like it’s that hard to read the room!” Ai complained.

“I think it may be more than that, Ai. There are three different possibilities. One, there’s a chance she may have unknowingly been logged out of Link Vrains and needs a moment to adjust. Second, it could be a simple trick in order to mess with people or lure them into a trap. However, I think it may be a different possibility. The third being something more is amiss. If she truly was crazy she wouldn’t be able to be convinced of reality at all, even though she clearly seems to be convinced,” Yusaku responded.

“You seriously think she’s a real life unicorn? Next you’re gonna say that Varis is one of those strange humans trying to sell real estate!” Ai complained.

“Stranger things have occurred, like you for instance,” Yuskau said.

“Oh, thank you for the compliment!” Ai said with no hint of irony or annoyance, missing Yusaku’s snarky remark.

“So…you say you used to be a unicorn then, huh?” Yusaku asked Twilight, who was beginning to calm down.

“Yes? In the world I come from I am one. I, of course, can do magic and am one of the strongest magic users in Equestria. I don’t remember how, but something must have happened back home in order to send me here and away from my friends and family,” Twilight answered, still in fear and disbelief in her current situation, but wanting to figure out what exactly was going on.

“Send you here?” Yusaku asked curiously.

“Uh huh…I think that if I ended up here it must have been from a failed spell or something. Though, to be honest, I wish that at least someone I knew from home was with me. Maybe then I’d have a better chance at remembering what it was that brought me here…,” Twilight confessed.

“You don’t say…Looks like she may be from Link Vrains then, if she still isn’t l for looney,” Ai snarked.

“Be quiet, Ai! You do remember that we don’t want others to hear you, lest we capture the wrong people’s attention!” Yusaku warned.

“Aw! Does mister grumpy and socially stunted actually care about me? We really are buds after all?” Ai asked genuinely.

“No. It’s just I’d rather not be captured by Sol Tech or comatose like Blue Angel,” Yusaku bluntly stated.

“Ow, the edge! It hurts!” Ai whined.

“So…not that the answer will help me, but where is that other voice coming from?” Twilight asked Yusaku.

“Oh, you see…,” Ai said as he popped out of Yuskau’s Duel Disk, Ai being a purple humanoid figure that was inside of the device on Yusaku’s wrist. “The voice came from me; Ai! You may be wondering, ‘Who is that handsome ai that is in front of me?’ Well, to be honest…”

“An ai? I’ve read about a few in books, but I always thought they were fiction. To see one for my own eyes…,” Twilight said in awe, eyes sparkling like a kid in a toy store. “EEEHHHH!” Twilight squeed as she got into Ai’s digital face. “So, Ai was it? It must be so very interesting to have been created by another being! So, how advanced are you? What do you do? Are you new to this world or do you have some experience? Can you feel emotions or do you just follow all programmed instructions?”

“Well…I guess I am fairly advanced for an ai…if being able to think and feel like a human is what we consider advanced here! I may only be about a decade old from what my memory banks can tell me, but what I do know is that as the best of the ai’s out there, there are a buncha meatbags that want me! Heck, I bet there are some humans that are jelly of Yusaku here for having me! If only he were more appreciative of me!” Ai snarked.

“Right…well it looks like you’ve calmed down a bit, miss…,” Yusaku realized he didn’t know the girl’s name.

“Twilight. Twilight Sparkle,” Twilight answered.

“Right…Well, to be honest, the two of us have to get going now,” Yusaku tried to awkwardly say goodbye.

“Oh…okay. So…when can we see each other again? I would like to know more about your ai…Ai?” Twilight was a bit confused by the weird name.

“To be honest, Twilight, it may be best for you and me if you forgot all about Ai. Like we said, lots of people would do horrible things to get him. They even infected a classmate of mine with a virus in order to lure me out,” Yuskau warned.

“Really? You sure you don’t want another friend? Between me and Kolter, you have a grand total of two! I bet it wouldn’t kill ya to have a third,” Ai reminded.

“Look, Ai. I’m not looking for friends. All that would happen is that this girl would get hurt getting involved in our business,” Yusaku reminded Ai.

“You’re just jelly that someone else wants to hang out with handsome ol’ me rather than you,” Ai snarked.

“Uh…you know…I get it. You want to involve as few people with your business as possible because you want to protect others. I’ve felt that way before. But, please, I can prove to be of great help to you in whatever this serious business of yours is. Besides, I kinda don’t know where else I can go right now and I’d love the help in return,” Twilight pleaded.

Yusaku looked away from Twilight for a moment. To be honest, she had a point. Having extra hands to help with stuff could in fact prove to be quite useful. He may not have gotten as far as he did without help from Kolter. However, he also had doubts on how helpful this girl from another world could be. Even taking that out of the picture, she could just get herself in danger trying to help him and he wouldn’t forgive himself if, on top of his own baggage, this girl got hurt because of him. Right as he was about to say no, however, he looked over at Twilight and saw that she looked incredibly sad and scared. She had said that she didn’t know where to go and what to do without her friends or memories. So, he reluctantly decided, “I don’t know how helpful you’ll be, if at all. But…I’ll give you a hand for now.”

Upon hearing this, Twilight looked ecstatic and relieved. “Oh, thank you! I promise that I’ll do everything I can to help you with…whatever it is you are doing. Speaking of which, what are you doing?” Twilight asked, facepalming that she waited to ask that question in case she regretted it.

“Well, big boy Yusaku here is apparently lookin’ to stop these crooks that want me called the Knights of Hanoi…which you probably never heard of,” Ai realized the last part.

“No…I don’t know them. Why are they bad?” Twilight asked.

“Simply put, they are a group of hackers that invade the digital network of Link Vrains, wanting to do who knows what in order to get Ai,” Yusaku answered.

“Sounds…horrible?” Twilight was confused. “Wait…digital network? Can you explain to me how it works, please?!” Twilight chipperly asked.

“We’ll do that as soon as we get Kolter,” Yusaku answered as he knocked on the back door of the ‘wagon.’

“So…he’s in that wagon then?” Twilight asked curiously.

“It’s called a truck. One specializing in hotdog sandwiches and other fried foods and drinks,” Ai answered.

“They’re not called sandwiches, Ai!” Kolter yelled as he opened the door and saw Twilight. “So…did you make a new friend, Yusaku? You’re kidding, right?!” Kolter teased as he knew how hard it was for Yuskau to interact with others.

“Actually, he has. He agreed to give me a hoo-er-hand with finding out how I got here while I help you out against these Knights that plan on hurting innocents,” Twilight answered.

“So you have amnesia then? Go figure,” Kolter said as he motioned for the trio to enter the truck. As soon as they were in, Kolter closed the truck’s back doors before continuing. “Well, anyway, it’s nice to see that Yusaku has another friend at last.”

“Is it that shocking? I knew it took me some time to make friends, but I never thought much of it,” Twilight noted.

“Really, lady? Is it as long as it took Yusaku?” Ai snarked.

“Well it just took me a couple months…or over ten years? Granted, those are just the ones I remember right now so…,” Twilight nervously answered.

“Yeesh! Antisocial alert! I bet even Yusaku here wasn’t this bad!” Ai noted.

“Hey! I happen to have five of the best friends in the world back at home! I may not know where they are currently, but I managed to make them without even trying! Still…Yusaku? Is there any reason these two are your only friends?” Twilight went from annoyed to concerned.

“Simply put, it’s like I said. I’d rather not have anyone else get hurt in my fight,” Yusaku ominously answered.

“Hey…it’s okay. It took me a long time to open up my heart to friends. If it helps, I can help you make friends in the future…you know, when this Knight of Hanoi stuff is done,” Twilight suggested.

“I don’t know…we’ll see,” Yusaku nonanswered.

“That probably means never, kid,” Ai bluntly stated.

“Actually, it wasn’t an answer at all. But, for now, maybe you can tell me more about these Knights and the digital network?” Twilight suggested.

“Well…okay,” Yusaku grudgingly agreed, still not liking the idea of getting Twilight involved.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so, while it took some time, the trio told Twilight all that she needed to know about Den City, Link Vrains and the Knights of Hanoi. This included the fact that the city and a few others had what was referred to in some of her books as an online server that basically was like those magic comics that Twilight heard about that allowed you to enter an entirely different world. While here, you could meet up with friends and partake in what were called Duels. From what Twilight heard, they essentially were a card game from unknown circumstances that allowed you to face off with monster cards aided by spells and traps. One side would win when the other side’s Life Points, of LP for short, were drained to zero. Twilight heard from Spike that something similar to this was about to become more common in their world, though she couldn’t fully remember in what way. As for the Knights of Hanoi, all she got other than that they were villainous hackers was that they wanted to get rid of Ai for unclear reasons for being an ai and would stop at nothing to get him.

“So…I guess that means you are up to date right now,” Ai said, exhausted at having to have done a lot of the talking and began to lazily sleep. “Nighty night.”

“Fascinating…I always was a mare of science back where I came from, but I never knew things could be so advanced for real. It just seemed like fiction…AMAZING! Wait until I tell the others what I went through! Spike will be so jealous when he hears what I’ve been through!” Twilight gushed.

“Maybe…but if I were you I’d keep all this stuff on the down low. You hear me?” Kolter warned.

“Yeah…I get it. The last thing we need is ourselves or anyone else getting hurt because we know too much. But…lying to my friends…,” Twilight wondered with uncertainty. Wanting to not dwell on this, Twilight asked, “So, what should we do first?”

“Well, for starters you may want to go over to a local card store and purchase yourself some cards to construct a Deck. It will only be a matter of time before the Knights go after you and it would be best if you knew how to defend yourself in a Duel,” Yusaku answered. “Still…if you really are from another world, you may not have the needed currency and we may not have too much on us…”

“And I doubt that my connections to Princess Celestia will help out too much out here, will they?” Twilight said sadly, not liking being a burden.

“Probably not…wait, princess?! You know a princess?!” Kolter was shocked as Twilight nodded. “Well…things are seeming even more unbelievable now…”

“Still…I have heard that gold is a desired metal in most books I’ve read about other places. Do you think it will be the same here?” Twilight asked.

“I suppose so. Why? You ripped off a bank or something?” Ai asked, having woken up partway into the conversation.

“Well…I just have a few bits with me that I almost forgot about…,” Twilight said with a blush as she got out a handful of gold coins, shocking the trio. “Let me guess…it’s not a lot is it?”

“Actually…,” Yusaku said.

“So yeah…maybe we can exchange them for some money after all…,” Kolter said awkwardly.

“Yeah! With these and some guidance from yours truly, we’re bound to be able to make some progress on this whole finding your friends and stopping the Hanoi thing! Let’s get shopping! You may not have Cyberse cards, but we can get you pretty good cards at least!” Ai cheered.

“We’ll go soon…,” Kolter said warily.

“Okay? Why not now? Will they not accept my currency in exchange? Are there not good stores for cards in Den City? Am I not going to learn to Duel in time?!” Twilight cried out anxiously.

“No! None of that!” Kolter answered warmly. “It’s just…,” Kolter said as he pointed to the screen nearby.

“Wait…what is going on here folks? We were in the middle of a smashing match between the Gore and…some freaky fish guy…when all of a sudden who shows up but a Knight of Hanoi!” The announcer cried out as a strange man with a silver mask arrived riding a massive dragon. Cracking Dragon.

“Alright, Playmaker! I’m giving you one chance! Come on out with your Ignis and no one gets hurt! Refuse and…well…you don’t wanna know what will happen!” The Knight warned.

“Great! They sent out a welcome committee to find me,” Ai snarked. “What do we do now?”

At this point, Yusaku started to go inside of a backroom inside of the food truck.

“So…I take it that you are going to accept this guy’s challenge then?” Twilight asked.

“Of course. For three reasons. One, I need to learn more about why I was put through the Lost Incident. Second, I cannot allow the Knights of Hanoi to hurt innocent people in order to draw me out. And third, I must get revenge for all the horrors they put me and everyone else through over a decade ago!” Yusaku answered.

“Wait…revenge? Lost Incident? Uh…,” Twilight was starting to get nervous and confused for the time being. Still she couldn’t deny that he did want to keep the innocent safe. She just wished she could do so with Yusaku. However, with no Duel Disk or Deck, there wasn’t much that could be done.

So she just watched as Yusaku went into the back room, hearing him yell out, “It’s time to Link into the Vrains!”
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well, well, well. I hoped it wouldn’t have to come to this, but it looks like I have no other choice! I wonder how many people will be able to run away in time to avoid my dragon’s attack!” The Knight cruely joked.

“You won’t get the chance to find out!” Yusaku, or rather Playmaker, challenged as he appeared on the scene on top of a nearby building. The crowd near the screen in the real world cheered upon seeing the hero of Link Vrains appear. “I’ll give you one chance. Give up now and let me know what I want to know. Otherwise, I can’t guarantee that the Duel we have won’t hurt!”

“Really? That’s the best you could come up with?” Ai teased.

“You have a better retort?” Playmaker asked back.

“I don’t, but I have an idea. Give up your Ignis like I said! Otherwise, there’s no telling what we’ll be willing to do to get rid of it!” The Knight warned.

“What do you plan if we don’t stand down?” Playmaker bravely asked.

“I dunno. But I heard it won’t be good for many people,” The Knight said with a wicked smirk.

“Well, the answer is no…!” Playmaker began.

“Oh! Let me guess! It’s because you don’t wanna see me hurt?” Ai gleefully asked.

“Because I have too much at stake for me and for others to not win, Ai!” Yusaku finished.

“...You could, I dunno, act like you care…,” Ai sighed.

“Well then. Looks like it’s time for us to have a little Duel then!” The Knight said as he leapt off of Cracking Dragon and onto a Duel Board.

“So it does…,” Playmaker said as he jumped onto his board effortlessly, following after the Knight.

“It’s time to Speed Duel!” Both Duelists cried out as their Life Points hit 4000.

Playmaker 4000 LP

Knight of Hanoi 4000 LP

“Looks like I’m going to get a sneak preview of what one of these Duels is!” Twilight said as she got out a pen and paper from Yusaku’s backpack, watching the Duel from the nearby screen. “So…how good of a Duelist is Yusaku?”

“From what I’ve seen, he’s one of the best. He even beat the Hanoi’s leader at one point,” Kolter answered confidently.

“Really? Wow…he’s that good?” Twilight muttered to herself.

“I’ll make the first move!” The Knight of Hanoi drew his hand, a sadistic and greedy expression forming on his face upon seeing what he had drawn. “I couldn’t have drawn a better hand!”

“Please tell me he’s bluffing, Playmaker.” Ai pleaded with Playmaker.

“Judging by his face, I’d say he did draw a great hand. But we’ll still win anyway,” Playmaker responded with little emotion like always.

“Yeah…I mean, it’s not like this square could have drawn a hand better than ours! It’ll be a piece of cake! Especially with me here to help you!” Ai overconfidently boasted.

“You help me how?” Playmaker questioned the egotistical ai.

“Enough of your bromance with the Ignis! Remember, we’re here to Duel! First, I play the spell Pot of Greed in order to draw two cards! Now…since I control no monsters, the same boat you are in, I can now special summon two Hack Worms from my hand! (x2 Hack Worm 400 Attack LVL 1) Next up, I summon out another mighty beast! Say hello to my Jack Wyvern! (Jack Wyvern 1800 Attack LVL 4)

“Seriously? Just those three wimps many of you Hanoi geeks already use? I really was worried over nothing! We can Link Summon a much stronger monster and beat them with ease!” Ai boasted.

“Summon a better monster than mine? Please! I’m far from done! It’s time I show off what the Hanoi can do, especially with my new trump card! I create my circuit! The summoning requirements are at least two monsters! I Link Summon! Arise! Hack Spider!” The Knight cried out as the three smaller monsters became arrows that hit a board of pointers, hitting the points on the bottom. For a moment, not much happened. However, soon a massive silver mechanical spider leg with green energy coming out of it came up out of a portal. Soon, another leg appeared out of the portal, followed by more legs. Eventually when eight legs popped out of portal, they pulled out a ovalish mechanical body that had piercing green eyes and a massive mouth filled with grinding gears for teeth. (Hack Spider 0 Attack Link-3 ↙⬇↘)

“Aw, glitch! He did summon a powerful monster after a- wait? That runt? He may be big, but he has zero attack points! Ha! I was worried for nothing! Playmaker, we can beat this Hanoi with ease!” Ai boasted.

“It having zero Attack Points is what is worrying me, Ai. I doubt that he would have summoned such a weak appearing card without a reason for doing so,” Playmaker warned.

“I agree with Playmaker. I don’t know much about this game, but I don’t think he would waste so many monsters for one without a benefit,” Twilight greed.

“Ignis, your bromance partner is right! See, Hack Spider gains 800 Attack Points for every monster used for his Link Summon!” (Hack Spider 0->2400 Attack) The Knight revealed.

“Uh…see, Playmaker? I knew that there must have been more to that Knight’s plan! What would you do without me?” Ai bluffed, not looking straight at Playmaker.

“I’d be much less annoyed?” Playmaker asked with annoyance. “Still…2400 Attack Points isn’t that big of a hurdle to overcome.”

“You may think that now, but just you wait! I play the spell card Monster Reborn! It will allow me to bring on back my Jack Wyvern in attack mode, next to the bottom left Link arrow of Hack Spider! (Jack Wyvern 1800 Attack LVL 4) Then, I play my Hack Spider’s special ability! When I summon a monster next to his Link arrow, I can inflict 1000 damage for each monster! Go! Techno Venom!” The Knight cried out as a green energy poison shot was sent out and hit Playmaker (Playmaker-3000 LP). “Then…since I control a Hack monster, I can now Special
Summon Hack Fly from my hand next to the bottom right Link! Say hello! (Hack Fly 600 Defense LVL 1/A silver fly with green energy wings and power lines running across it.) Now, I’ll use my Spider’s effect once more in order to bring more pain for you! Now take 2000 Life Points of damage, you dumb kid! (Playmaker-1000 LP) And with that, I end my turn! So, you think you stand a chance against me still, kid? I honestly struggle to understand how you’ve been able to defeat so many opponents before me if it took zero effort in order to reduce you to only 1000 LP! You’re a wimp! An idiot! And I’ll make Varis very happy when we finally wipe you and your Ignis off the face of the Earth!” The Knight mocked.

“This looks bad, Kolter! Yus-er-Playmaker is down to only 1000 LP and he hasn’t even taken a turn yet! If this keeps up, there’s now way that he’ll win!” Twilight cried out in worry. “We have to do something, fast!”

“Actually, Twilight, maybe we shouldn’t worry yet,” Kolter said confidently.

“Huh?”

“It’s true Playmaker is down to only a 1000 LP, but he’s been in worse scrapes than this! Besides, Playmaker still has his skill that can turn things around,” Kolter reassured.

“Skill?” Twilight was confused.

“I’ll be honest with you, Playmaker. We may not stand too much of a chance right now with your current hand and Extra Deck. Chances are, you’ll most likely lose! But there is still a chance for you to turn this Duel in our favor and get out unscathed,” Ai said.

“You may not be entirely accurate, Ai, but I agree with one thing. I can turn this Duel around in one way!” Playmaker said as a purple and blue Storm appeared nearby.

“Looks like we have a Data Storm!” Ai guessed cheerfully.

“Correct! Now…go Storm Access!” Playmaker cried out as he entered the storm and reached for a card. “When I have 1000 LP or less, I can use this skill to draw a Link monster and add it straight to my Extra Deck!” Playmaker began to struggle, but he soon was able to grab a card and get out of the storm unscathed.

“Wait…Storm Access? How did? Oh right…In Speed Duels, you can use a Skill! I really shoulda remembered that before coming here!” The Knight facepalmed.

“See? This is what happens when you don’t prepare ahead of time!” Twilight said calmly with a hint of pride.

“Now…I’ll discard my Dotscaper in order to Special Summon my Bitrooper(Bitrooper 1500 Attack LVL 4). Next, I Normal Summon my Cyberse Gadget (Cyberse Gadget 1400 Attack LVL 4). Then, since I summoned Cyberse Gadget, I can now summon a Level 2 or lower monster from the graveyard! Come on out, Dotscaper (Dotscaper 2100 Defense LVL 1)! Now, I’ll generate my circuit! Link Arrows authorized! The summoning requirements is a grand total of three monsters! Link the circuit! I Link Summon! Arise! Powercode Talker! (Powercode Talker 2300 Attack Link-3 ↙⬅➡)”

“That guy looks tough! Well…it doesn’t matter! My monster is still stronger! I’m going to win!” The Knight cried out!

“I wouldn’t be so sure! First, due to the effect of my Cyberse Gadget, I can now summon a Gadget Token next to Powercode Talker’s bottom left Link (Gadget Token 0 Attack LVL 2). Once per turn, my Powercode Talker can negate a monster’s effect! So, say goodbye to Hack Spider’s Attack Points! (Hack Spider 0 Attack Link-3 ↙⬇↘).” Playmaker cried out as the Knight lost all his monster’s power.

“N-No! This can’t be! Grrr! Well, at least I can survive this turn and be able to continue the Duel!” The Knight calmed down from his fear and anger.

“Actually…it is over! I play my Powercode Talker’s other effect! Now, by tributing a monster next to Powercode Talker’s Link, I can double his power for the rest of the turn! (Powercode Talker 2300->4600 Attack Link-3 ↙⬅➡) Now, Powercode Talker, let’s end this Duel! Attack! (Knight of Hanoi-0 LP)!” Playmaker cried out as the Knight was knocked off his board and onto the ground.

“And in a shocking come from behind victory, Playmaker has won!” The announcer cheered along with many other passerbys.

“Playmaker did it! He did it! He won!” Twilight ecstatically cried out.

“I never had any doubts!” Kolter said.

“Now…let’s go and question him, Ai!” Playmaker ordered.

“That’s just what I was thinking!” Ai lied. “But…I think you may be too late on that.” Ai pointed over to the Knight, who had faded out of existence in a cloud of smoke.

“Well…looks like we’re back to square one, Ai,” Playmaker shook his head.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, Yusaku had come out of the mini room of the hotdog truck looking fairly exhausted from having battled the Knight of Hanoi.

“Yusaku! Are you okay?” Twilight asked with worry.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m fine, Twilight! No need to worry about me!” Ai half-snarked.

“Oh…sorry, Ai. I just thought that since Yusaku was the one to Duel that he would be more drained,” Twilight apologized.

“Him, exhausted? When I’m the one who helped guide him to victory?” Ai boasted.

“Well…, looks like Rainbow has a virtual younger brother then,” Twilight snarked.

“Rainbow who?” Ai asked.

“Let’s go back to these Knights of Hanoi. Why are they doing all that they do, again?” Twilight asked.

“Varis said that he is trying to save the world from ai’s. But…I don’t see how they are threatening enough to be worth going after. I mean, Ai is more of a nuisance than a threat,” Yusaku bluntly said.

“You couldn’t be nicer?” Ai snarked.

“So, that’s why they’re doing all this?” Twilight asked.

“What do you mean?” Kolter asked.

“It’s simple. These Knights seem to be under the impression that Ai here is evil. Maybe if we show he isn’t, they’ll leave us all alone,” Twilight said, trying to be optimistic.

“I don’t think it’ll be that simple,” Kolter noted.

“Yeah…Varis seemed to be obsessed with his hate for ai’s. For now, we just need to fight and hope we can bring peace to me, and to Link Vrains,” Yusaku noted.

“Easier said than done…So, should we go and get me a Deck now or…?” Twilight suggested.

“We’ll get you a Deck tomorrow. For now, we should just rest,” Kolter said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In another location…

Leo Akaba was sitting on his throne, deep in the bowels of his fortress on Academy Island. Here, he was waiting for his fellow scientists to give him the rundown on what the strange power signal was.

It had been many years since he had left his home in the Standard Dimension, while gone he had thought often of his wife and young son. At times he missed them, hoping they were doing fine in his absence. But…he couldn’t return. Not yet. Not until he saved her…

“Professor?” An old gravely voice asked as Leo Akaba looked up and saw that his second in command, the Doktor, had arrived.

“So, have our brilliant minds figured out what the source of the strange energy pulse is yet?” Leo Akaba got right to the point.

“Well, you see, it’s a very curious thing. As you know, there are many foreign worlds that are separate from the four dimensions we and all those poor pathetic vermin live in. Most of them are too far away for us to have considered being of note. However…,” The Doktor began.

“However?” Leo Akaba said in a way that made the Doktor nervous.

“Well, you see, some of these worlds have, for some reason, started to become linked to our four Dimensions recently. Not only that, but both such dimensions have a similar life reading to the specimens we have been looking for. In other words…,” The Doktor confessed.

“Ray has another missing piece we need to be concerned with. But…how? There should only be four different pieces that we need to look for to unite our worlds! Not six!” Leo Akaba firmly said. “But…it’s nothing we can’t prepare for. Doktor? Call Yuri and Dennis over here. Let them know that we have more work for them.”

“Y-Yes sir,” The Doktor said with a bow as he turned to leave. However, before leaving, he added, “Oh, and by the way, the dimensions also have strange forms of energy coming from them. They aren’t like Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz. What they are is…”

“Unknown? Well, looks like we have further information to collect. Let’s see what new power these new dimensions hold,” Leo Akaba said as the Doktor left, leaving the Professor to wonder over what in the world these new powers were.

Author's Note:

Hack Spider 
Attribute: Wind Type: [Insect/Link/Effect] Attack 0 Link-3 ↙⬇↘
2+ Monsters
When this monster is summoned: It gains 800 Attack for each Link material used for its summon. Up to twice per turn, if a monster is summoned next to this monster’s Link: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each card that is linked to this card. 

Hack Fly
Attribute: Fire Type: [Insect/Effect] Attack 500 Defense 600 Level: 1
If you control a ‘Hack’ monster or a ‘Cracking Dragon:’ You can special summon this card from your hand. You can only special summon ‘Hack Fly’ once per turn this way.

So..., yeah. I'm planning on redoing this story to incorporate new ideas and changed plans. I hope that everyone will enjoy this story and that I give you an adventure worth reading.