• Published 30th Oct 2021
  • 3,086 Views, 240 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendships and Magic [Season 2] - Alpha Wolf 4500



The second season of a rewrite of this series that I love. With my first and favorite OC, and the OC of a friend.

  • ...
2
 240
 3,086

The Return of Harmony, part 1

It was a lovely day in Equestria, and a beautiful day to be in the fields of Canterlot. In the said garden, Cheerilee was leading the foals of her class through the well-manicured lawn. These foals consisted of the CMC (bar Chad), Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Snips, Snails, and Twist.

"I want to start our field trip here, in the world-famous Canterlot sculpture garden." Cheerilee explained, leading them through the garden and pointed out two different statues.

"That one over there represents "Friendship"." It was of three fillies standing on each other's backs. Rumble looked up at the statue and tilted his head.

“Is it always fillies or mares on these statues?” He asked before the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders came over, accidentally bonked heads with each other when they tried to look at it at the same time. They glared at one another.

"All right, my little ponies.” Cheerilee said, getting their attention. The six caught up with the others and saw the next Statue Cheerilee was looking at. “This one represents "Victory"." The one she referred to was one of a caped mare standing on her hind legs, holding a flag with three diamonds as stars fly around her hooves. The flag is an actual cloth, not a piece of sculpture.

“How cool would it be to have that for a cutie mark?” Scootaloo asked. Skeedaddle snickered a bit.

“Cool…if you were actually victory-ful at something.” Skeedaddle sarcastically told her.

“That's not a word!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“What are you a dictionary?” Pipsqueak asked her. Sweetie Belle turned to him, purposely looking over his head.

“Who said that?” She then looked down. “Oh, hi Pipsqueak. Almost didn’t see you there.”

“Short jokes, real original. How long have you been practicing that one?” Apple Bloom asked, shooting her a look.

“Comments on originality in ones insult to sound smart. Lame.” Rumble rolled his eyes.

“Kids!” Cheerilee called, getting their attention. They quickly joined the class while she pointed out a strange-looking statue that looked like it was laughing wildly. "Now this is a really interesting statue. What do you notice about it?" She asked, looking among the class.

"It's got an eagle claw!" Apple Bloom called out first.

"And a lion paw!" Scootaloo added, pointing to the item in question.

"And a snake tail!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“And a pony head!” Pipsqueak jumped up to be seen before dropping down.

“I was gonna say that Pip.” Skeedaddle said with flopped ears.

“No you weren’t.” Rumble shoved him. He shoved him back, blowing a raspberry having knocked him over.

"This creature is called a draconequus." Cheerilee explained. "He has the head of a pony and a body made up of all sorts of things. What do you suppose that represents?"

“Confusion!" Apple Bloom said. She was shoved by Sweetie Belle.

"Evil!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed. She was shoved by Scootaloo.

"Chaos!" Scootaloo said. Skeedaddle slid in front of her.

“Disharmony!” Skeedaddle declared. Pipsqueak jumped on his head.

“Acrimony!” Pipsqueak chimed in. Rumble shoved him and Skeedaddle aside.

“Mayhem!” Rumble vociferated. Scootaloo glared at him.

“Hey, Chaos and Mayhem are the same thing! Don’t steal my answer!” She shouted.

"It's not either one, you dodo!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"Don't call me things I don't know the meaning of!" She exclaimed, glaring at Sweetie Belle. "And it is too chaos!"

"Is not!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, getting nose to nose with her.

Apple Bloom jumped on their heads. “You’re all wrong!” The two moved and as Apple Bloom dropped down, they began fighting among each other. The colts were no better as they were at each other's necks before getting into a fight cloud themselves. Cheerilee could only shake her head at their antics.

"Actually, in a way, you're all right." She said and the six foals stopped their fighting to look at her. "This statue represents ‘Discord’, which means a lack of harmony between ponies." she continued. "In fact, you six have demonstrated discord so well that you're each going to write me an essay explaining it."

Out of embarrassment, the Cutie Mark Crusaders’ ears to droop in response while their classmates laughed at them again.

"Now let's go, and I don't want anymore fighting." Cheerilee warned as she and the class began walking. The CMC started to argue under their breath. Unfortunately, as the class walked away, the statue began to crack and crackle in stifled laughter.


My Little Pony,
My Big Changeling too
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh…

[Bandit]
(My Little Pony)

We used to wonder what friendship could be
(My Big Changeling too)

[Twilight Sparkle]
Until you all shared its magic with me

[Rainbow Dash]
Big adventure

[Pinkie Pie]
Tons of fun

[Rarity]
A beautiful heart

[Applejack]
Faithful and strong

[Fluttershy]
Sharing kindness!

[Lightning Sprint]
Motivate the team

[Bandit]
Heroics makes it all complete
You have my little ponies
Do you know you're all my very best friends?


Back in Ponyville, Rainbow Dash was flying around at a fast speed, enjoying the nice day when something pink suddenly whizzed past her. She spun for a short time before turning to look at the pink object, who strangely didn’t have the last name Pie, that whizzed past her.

"Come back here, you!" She exclaimed. She zipped to the object and was on it in no time, tackling it as soon as she was close. "Gotcha!" She found herself covered with pink gunk.

"Eww, what is this?" She asked as she shook most of it off. She still had some on her, so she took a lick of the substance.

"Cotton candy?" She recognized before seeing the different parts of the cloud she shook off zipping in all sorts of directions.

Thunder rumbled above her, making her up as something brown dripped out of the cloud and landed on her head.

"Wait a second!" she protested. "It's not supposed to rain until tomorrow. You can't just-" Before she could finish, brown-colored rain began falling out of the cloud and onto her. She didn’t look the slightest bit amused. "You did."


At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack was picking corn and placing it into the cart behind her. She soon heard Rainbow Dash’s voice.

“Hey! I didn’t tell you to go anywhere!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, making Applejack turn around to see her chasing a pink cloud around. Following up were more pink clouds, and soon, chocolate rain came out as well.

“Rainbow Dash, what’s goin’ on with this rain…I mean, chocolate milk…I mean, chocolate-milk rain?!?” Applejack asked, trying to wrap her head around what was happening. Lightning Sprint zipped over.

“This isn’t the only place suffering from crazy weather, it’s happening all over equestria!” Lightning Sprint exclaimed. Rainbow Dash flew over to confirm.

“She’s right. There’s crazy weather all over Equestria! Cloudsdale’s getting soaked by a major cola storm right now.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Don’t worry, we won’t leave until we get control of Ponyville.” Lightning Sprint said as she and Rainbow Dash soon began to fly off. The corn began popping popcorn out, some hitting Applejack in the face and knocking her into a pile of said popcorn.

Pinkie was diving in and out of Popcorn piles, having a great time doing so.

“Why would you wanna stop this?” She asked, popping her head out to get a mouth full of the falling Chocolate Milk.

Rarity arrived, just as Applejack unburied herself, and she was wearing a violet raincoat, matching rain hat, and an umbrella strapped to her back to protect her from the brown rain. "Ahem. I heard about your troubles, Applejack. And I came to see if there's anything I can do without getting wet. Or dirty. Or out from under my umbrella."

Applejack gave her an unamused look as she listed her unwillingness before looking up to see the apples on the trees start to grow big, so big that they were making the trees bend unnaturally. The animals didn’t seem to mind as they jumped at the chance to feast on the apples. Much to the dismay of Applejack.

“Fluttershy, Do Somethin’!” Applejack exclaimed. Fluttershy looked at Angel, who was also partaking in the Apple Feast.

“Now, Angel, you really shouldn’t—” Before she could finish, Angel’s usually short legs, sprouted hooves. Very skinny and horse-like hooves that have grown much, much taller the length of hers.

“No! It’s not possible!” She exclaimed, gasping as she saw more rabbits running by, with the same leg length. “I must be seeing things!”

Bandit, Twilight (while carrying a book), Spike, and Chad soon arrived and looked at the chaos that was ensuing.

“Don’t worry everyone.” Twilight said, getting their attention. “I’ve learned a new spell that’ll fix everything!”

Bandit looked at her and nodded.

“Do your thing Twi.” He said. She smirked and lit her horn. The magic topped it off with a radiating blue/purple shock wave and a flash of white light that made Bandit and Chad turn their heads. However, when the flash went away, nothing changed. Bandit turned and to see what happened. Nothing changed. He wasn’t the only one surprised.

“My fail-safe spell… failed. What do we do?" Twilight asked.

“Uh, give up?” Spike asked, getting slapped in the back of the head by Chad. Bandit placed a purple saddle equipped with a matching umbrella on Twilight’s back.

“Spikester, Twily, we’ll come up with something.” Bandit said, then he thought of something. He looked at Lightning Sprint and Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow! Lightning! Can you corral all those clouds in one corner of the sky?” Bandit asked. The two saluted and got to work on zooming through the sky to capture all of the clouds. Rainbow Dash was capturing the clouds and bring them to Lightning Sprint who was zipping around the clouds, keeping them from flying away. Bandit then turned to Applejack.

“Applejack, grab some extra rope. We’ll bring those high-strung storm clouds down to earth.” Bandit said. Applejack nodded and gave him an extra rope. The two spun the lassos and threw them to the clouds, roping the massive cluster of chocolate rain clouds, stopping the rain. Pinkie, who was under one of the clouds and enjoying the chocolate rain felt the rain stop.

“Hey! What happened?” Pinkie asked. Applejack and Bandit brought the cloud down with one mighty tug. Twilight whispered something in Fluttershy’s ears which made her face brighten with delight, going along with the plan.

"Oh dear." Fluttershy began in an attempt to get the attention of the various animals. "I hope none of the animals see these delicious chocolate-filled cotton candy clouds. I'd hate to have to share them."

"You and me both, sister!" Pinkie said, eating the cotton candy rain cloud. That was until the animals raced over and blocked her access to the cloud, much to her dismay. "Hey!"

“Oh, and make sure you chow down on this delicious popcorn before it’s all gone.” Chad said, helping himself to some of the popcorn he had placed in a bag. Angel looked at him as he ate. “Get your own popcorn Angel.” He said without even opening his eyes.

"You see, Spike? You should never give up. There's nothing we can't overcome if we all work together." Twilight said, happy with their results. Suddenly, Spike burped out green flames that transformed into a scroll with the royal seal on it. Bandit saw this and grabbed the scroll and opened it.

“Oh no. Everyone, mother needs us in Canterlot immediately.” Bandit told the group. They looked among each other, very worried.


In Canterlot, Celestia was pacing back and forth as the Mane 8 came through the door.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight called. Celestia turned to look at the group.

“We came as fast as we could.” Bandit added as they stopped before her.

"Thank you, Twilight, Bandit." Princess Celestia stated gratefully. "Thank you, all."

"Is this about the weather?" Twilight began to ask urgently, followed by a series of more questions. "And the animals' weird behavior? What's happening out there? Why isn't my magic working? Is there-?" Celestia held up a hoof to respectfully stop her.

"Follow me." She instructed.


Celestia led them to a corridor with stained-glass windows on both walls.

“I’ve called you here for a matter of great importance.” Celestia started. Bandit was looking at all the stained glass in the room. “It seems an old foe of mine, someone I thought I had defeated long ago, has returned.”

Fluttershy walked away from the group and looked up at one of the stained glass windows. Which was of the draconequus, similar to the statue in the garden. Bandit was able to put the pieces together.

“Discord.” He said. Fluttershy let out a yelp and zipped over to hide under Bandit

“Exactly.” Celestia acknowledged. As she continued, the stained glass windows helped tell the story. “Discord is the mischievous spirit of disharmony. Before my sister and I stood up to him, he ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness.”

The next stained glass window showed Discord above three marionette control bars over each pony species. “Luna and I saw how miserable life was for earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns alike. So after discovering the Elements of Harmony with some help…”

The final stained glass window showed a petrified Discord, caught in between Celestia and Luna. Having been defeated. “We combined our powers and rose up against him, turning him to stone.

“All right, Princess!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed happily.

“Rainbow, wait. There’s more.” Lightning Sprint told her.

“I thought the spell we cast would keep him contained forever. But since Luna and I are no longer connected to the Element…the spell has been broken.” Celestia said as she continued walking.

“No longer connected?” Bandit and Twilight said as they looked at each other.

“This is Canterlot Tower.” Celestia said, stopping before a pair of closed double doors in a gold frame topped with a carving of a winged unicorn. On both sides of the door. “Where the Elements are kept inside since all of you recovered them. I need you to wield the Elements of Harmony once again and stop Discord before he thrusts all of Equestria into eternal chaos.”

“I’ll do whatever it takes.” Bandit said, willing to do this without question. Twilight wasn’t so on board.

“But why us? Why don’t you-” Twilight tried to ask.

“Hey look! We’re famous!” Pinkie announced, getting their attention. They walk over and look at their stained glass window, which portrayed them in Nightmare Moon’s defeat. There was another stained glass on that side of the corridor, but it was in the front near the door.

“You eight showed the full potential of the Elements by harnessing the magic of your friendship to beat a mighty foe. Although Luna and I once wielded the Elements, it is you who now control their power, and it is you who must defeat Discord!” Celestia told them. Bandit looked at the group and then at Twilight. Twilight looked back at him and nodded. Bandit looked back at Celestia.

“Mom, you can count on-” Bandit tried to say, but Pinkie zipped over.

“Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate rain!” She emphasized.

“And that is worth an eternity of chaotic torment because?” Bandit asked her. Pinkie tapped her chin before narrowing her eyes at him.

“I’ll get back to you on that.” Pinkie said. Twilight slid over to Celestia.

“Don’t listen to her, Princess. We’d be honored to use the Elements of Harmony again.” Twilight said. Celestia nodded her head and turned to the door. Inserting her horn into the center of the sun, she hits it with a quick shot of magic and backs away. The eight gems on the door began glowing and soon enough, the doors then slid open, unleashing a flash of bright magical light that made everyone but the princess shield their eyes.

Inside the room, there was a jeweled lockbox on a pedestal. Rarity opened her eyes and went wide-eyed at the side of said, lockbox.

“Oooooh…” Rarity shuddered. “You can keep the Elements. I’ll take that case!”

“Have no fear, ponies. I have total confidence that you will be able to defeat Discord…” She showed the box to the group. “With these.”

She opened the box and it was completely empty. The eight gasped as Celestia dropped the book out of shock. Pinkie was the first to get any words out.

“Oh, well. If anyone needs me, I’ll be outside in the chocolate puddles with a giant swizzle straw!” Pinkie said as she began trotting off.

“The elements are gone?!” Twilight exclaimed.

“How is that possible?!” Bandit exclaimed.

“That chamber is protected by a powerful spell that only I can break! This doesn’t make sense.” Celestia pondered as she paced. A fruity, malicious male laugh was soon heard. Everyone began to look around for the source of the voice.

“Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?" The voice said.

"Discord… Show yourself!" Princess Celestia demanded. The laugh returned. Bandit stood in front of his friends, sprouting his wings protectively to shield them.

“Did you miss me, Celestia?” The voice asked from the marionette window. All eyes turned that way. The draconequus image begins to move and speak within the stained glass. “I’ve missed you.”

Bandit lit up his horn. “I won’t miss.”

Celestia held up a hoof to stop him, Bandit unlit his horn. Discord slithered off, past the edge of the image as if on a television screen, appearing in the next image.

"It's quite lonely being encased in stone, but you wouldn't know that, would you, because I don't turn ponies into stone." Discord said, tapping on the head of Fluttershy in the Element of Harmony stained glass.

"Enough! What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?" She demanded.


"Oh, I just borrowed them for a teensy little while.” Discord said before snapping his fingers, making the image of the Elements of Harmony disappear from the window. Celestia scrapped her hoof on the ground in anger.

“Oh, I’d forgotten how grim you can be, Celestia. It’s really quite boring.” Discord insulted. A magic blast hit the window and when it collided, Discord was no longer there, and the window was still intact. Celestia looked back and saw Bandit with his horn lit up.

“No one insults my mother.” Bandit gritted. Discord popped into the stained glass at the start of the room, on the same side as the Elements defeating nightmare moon. The Stained glass was of Celestia cradling a baby Bandit.

“You must be Bandit. The element of Heroism and son of Celestia I’ve heard so much about.” Discord began before looking at the baby Bandit. “I always thought Celestia would have an offspring the old fashioned way. Guess they can’t all be winners.”

Rainbow Dash flew over to give Discord what for, but he disappeared, making her slam right into the window. He reappeared back over to the stained glass he removed the Elements of Harmony from.

“Oh, you must be Rainbow Dash." He said, making Rainbow Dash turn to him. "Famed for her loyalty, the Element of Harmony you represent."

"That's right!" Rainbow Dash confirmed. "I'll always be loyal to the Princess! And my friends!” He teleported.

“We’ll see about that.” He said, definitely sounding as though he had a trick up his sleeve.

“I can't believe we're wasting our time talking to a tacky window." Rarity complained and jumped when Discord appeared in the window next to her.

"The beautiful Rarity, representing the element of generosity, if I'm not mistaken?" He asked.

"So you know who we are, big deal." Applejack said.

“Pfft, that supposed to intimidate us? It’s not working.” Lightning Sprint added.

"Oh." Discord began, growing bigger so that he filled the window, "I know much more than that, honest Applejack. And I’ll show you how….intimidating I can be Ms. Motivator Sprint."

"You seem to know our strengths too.” Twilight remarked, glaring up at Discord.

“Yes, Twilight Sparkle. And yours is one of the most powerful and elusive Element—magic.” Discord said.

“One of?” Bandit asked. Discord moved on to the last two.

“Fluttershy’s is kindness and Pinkie Pie’s is a personal favorite of mine—laughter.” Discord listed. Twilight looked back at Pinkie, who was now revealed to be snickering.

“Pinkie!” Twilight exclaimed, disapproval in her voice. Pinkie let out the laugh she was holding back.

“He’s standing on your head!” She said. When they looked up, they saw Discord moonwalking on Twilight’s head.

“Stop stalling, Discord! What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?” Celestia demanded.

“Oh, so boring, Celestia, really! Fine, I’ll tell you, but I’ll only tell you my way.” Discord said. He disappeared and began appearing in all the windows as he gave this riddle. “o retrieve your missing Elements, just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began.”

He let out one final chuckle and went back into the marionette stained glass.

Twilight, Applejack, and Fluttershy walked over to the window.

“Can we go home now?” Fluttershy asked. Bandit turned to look at the lockbox and walked over it.

“What do you reckon he meant? Twists and turns and endin’ back where we started?” Applejack asked.

Bandit closed his eyes and took in one deep inhale on the box. A transparent, golden mist went into his nose and seemed to circle into his head a bit. He opened his eyes and he could see the golden mist in the form of a trail. However, he was the only one who could see it, as these were the elements he could smell. He saw that the mist lead out the room, he looked out the window with Twilight, towards the labyrinth. That’s when it clicked.

“Twists and turns! That’s it! I bet Discord hid the Elements in the palace labyrinth!” Twilight hypothesized.

“I’ve got the scent trail to confirm. It’s definitely hidden in the labyrinth.” Bandit confirmed.

“Good luck, my little ponies.” Celestia started before looking at Bandit. “My big Changeling too. The fate of Equestria is in your hooves.” She said as she used her horn to knight both her son and her top student.

“We won’t let you down mom.” Bandit said. Bandit led the group out of the castle. Discord’s laughter was heard as they exited, making Celestia look around for the source.


The Mane Eight made it to the entrance and stopped short of the opening. Some were shocked, others were determined.

"W-We have to go in there?" Fluttershy asked uneasily.

"Nope!" Rainbow Dash said confidently, flapping her wings. Lightning Sprint flapped hers as well.

"Looks like that Dopey Dragoness-” Lightning Sprint started.

“Draconequus.” Bandit corrected.

“Draconequus, forgot about these babies!” She corrected herself with a flap as she and Rainbow Dash took to the skies.

“We’ll just do a quick flyover and we'll have the Elements in no time." Rainbow Dash said. The two of them flew toward the labyrinth before a flash of light made their wings disappear They fell back down and Bandit dove for them, catching them in his own wings.

They both looked at each other and gasped.

“Your wings!” They both exclaimed before looking at themselves. “My wings!”

Fluttershy had her wings disappear, making her gasp. Rarity and Twilight were next, with their horns disappearing.

“Your horn!....My horn!!” They both exclaimed before screaming in unison. Bandit at them and then himself. He was now the only one with wings and a horn. Another flash of light and Discord appeared before the Mane eight in his true form. He stood up and looked right at Bandit. Snapping his fingers multiple times, but nothing seemed to have happened.

“Grr. What is the meaning of this!?” He exclaimed at Bandit.

“I was gonna ask you the same thing! Give them their wings and horns back!” Bandit demanded.

“I took them so that they won’t be cheating. They’ll get them back in due time, but now I have to deal with you.” Discord said as he snapped yet again, but had no effect.

“Cheating? What are you on about?” Bandit asked. Discord stopped snapping before thinking. He then got a sinister smirk on his face before he explained the rules.

“Well, Your highness, this is the first rule of our game: no flying, and no magic." Discord answered.

"The first rule?" Rainbow Dash repeated.

“I do not like that sudden shift in tone.” Lightning Sprint said.

“The second rule is everypony has to play.” He said. Then he snapped his fingers again. Bandit suddenly felt heavier and almost fell to the ground from the weight. Bandit looked at his back and saw what looked to be a golden king cobra statue, coiled around him and his wings.

“Third rule, Bandit must carry this statue for the entire game, or the game is over, and I win. Good luck everyone!” He said, disappearing with a sinister laugh. Seeing Bandit struggle, Applejack and Twilight ran over to help, but couldn’t add any additional strength.

“I’ll be fine, I’ll be fine.” Bandit told them as he stood straight back up. He looked at the maze and narrowed his eyes. “I guess since he can’t take my horn or wings, he’s had to find a more creative way to make me suffer.”

“Will you be okay?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’ll be fine, let’s get to those elements.” Bandit said. “He might have slowed me down, but he isn’t going to stop me, or any of you.”

“Bandit’s right.” Lightning Sprint said before looking at the group. “Twilight has said it before, here’s nothing we can’t overcome if we all stick together. When we’re together, there’s nothing we can’t do!”

Now encouraged, the group walked to the entrance and raised a hoof.

“All right, girls. Let’s do this.” Twilight said. They all took the first step.

“Together!” They all said. As soon as they took that step, hedges suddenly shot up from the ground to wall one-off from the next. Panic ensues among them before Bandit spoke up.

“Everyone! Stay calm!” Bandit exclaimed. The panicking stopped. “Head to the middle of the maze!”

“Move as fast as you can and we’ll meet up there!” Twilight acknowledged.

“Moving out!” Rainbow Dash said.

“See you in the center!” Rarity added.

“Yee-haw!” Applejack said.

“Center! Got it!” Lightning Sprint exclaimed.

“See you guys there!” Pinkie exclaimed. 6 of the 8 began to take off. Bandit was about to run, but he heard Fluttershy panting. He stopped and used his ears to pinpoint a location.

“What’s that? Who’s there? GIRRRRLS!!” She screamed.

“Fluttershy!” Bandit called. Fluttershy turned to the hedge where Bandit’s voice came from. “Listen to me, we can get through this! I believe in you! Follow along the right wall if you think you’ll get lost! It’s all gonna be okay, okay?” He asked.

Fluttershy began to calm herself before nodding her head. There was a pause.

“Fluttershy, I can’t tell if you nodded your head, can you say something please?” Bandit asked.

“Oh, um, okay.” She said meekly.

“Okay, see you in the center.” Bandit said as he started moving. He motivated himself enough to start jogging, even with that very heavy statue. Fluttershy took Bandit’s advice and began following along the right wall.


Meanwhile, Applejack raced through the maze, running toward where the center was supposed to be. She was going at a good pace when something caught her eye, and she backtracked to one of the other pathways to find three red apples. She stepped toward them, and she blinked when the apples suddenly rolled away by themselves.

"What in tarnation?" She asked, chasing after the apples.

Applejack followed the apples to an open space that had a pond and apple trees. She promptly came to a stop.

"Where am I?" She wondered and winced when she was bonked on the head by an apple. She became confused when more apples fell out of the trees and rolled around her before forming three piles of dark red apples, light red apples, and green apples, which all began laughing. "Who are y'all?" She asked. The pile of dark red apples rose up, forming eyes and a mouth.

"The keepers of the grove of truth.” it informed her. "You may ask us…" It then deflated.

The pile of light-red apples rose up next to speak. "…one question…" And then it deflated.

The green apples rose up next. "…past, future or present."

"But be warned…"

"…that the truth…"

"…may not always be pleasant.” Applejack didn’t look comfortable at all.

"All right then." She decided. "I don't trust this place worth a hill of beans, but I've got a really bad feelin' about this feller Discord. What's gonna come of this mission we're on?" she finally asked.

The Red apples rose up and guided her over to the pond, where they were joined by the Light-red and Green apples. "For the answer you seek…" it began.

`"…go ahead, take a peek." The Light-red apples said.

Applejack peered into the water, which rippled, and a scene showing her and almost all her friends, all of which were arguing.

"I hope I never see you again!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"Me too!" Fluttershy shouted.

"I wish I was never your friends!" Lightning Sprint shouted!

“Fine!” Pinkie shouted.

"Fine!” Rarity shouted.

"It's settled then." Twilight Sparkle agreed coldly, and the seven ponies parted way. Applejack stared in horror as the scene faded away, refusing to believe what she'd seen.

"No! Our friendship? Over?!" She exclaimed distraughtly. In her dismay, she was unaware of Discord hovering high above her, directing the apple piles while chuckling evilly. "It can't be true. It just can't!" she protested, taking off her hat to cover her face with, refusing to believe it. "That just can't be the truth."

The Light-red apples began speaking and the orange pony looked at it. “When all the truth does…"

"…is make your heart ache…" The Green apples said. Applejack looked at it, and Discord’s face and voice began to overlap it, with the hypnotic influence of his eyes spreading to hers.. "…sometimes a lie is easier to take." Discord let out a laugh as he and Applejack’s color faded to a greyed hue.

A section of the maze wall lowered as Twilight ran past. Twilight stopped and backtracked, seeing Applejack staring into space.

"Applejack! Thank goodness!" She said with relief as she trotted over to the apple pony, unaware that there was something very off. "I thought I heard voices over here. Who were you talking to?"

Applejack’s eyes were back to normal before she answered.

"I was talking to… uh… nopony! Nopony whatsoever!" She lied.

"What?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Nothing." Applejack repeated, walking past her friend and still lying. "Come on, uh, we best be going."

"Did Applejack just…?" Twilight started before, chuckling. "Come on, Twilight! Applejack wouldn't lie."


Bandit was still jogging to keep up his pace. As he jogged, he looked back at the golden statue.

“There’s no way this statue is made out of gold. What the heck is this thing made out of?” Bandit asked. As he asked that, he came across a courtyard that had a bunch of mirrors against the hedge walls. Bandit stopped, looked at the courtyard, and then looked around before looking back at the mirrors.

“Oh come on, like I haven’t seen any movie ever. I know this is a trap.” Bandit said. As soon as he said that, the way back and the alternate path were closed off with hedges, forcing him to take the courtyard path. Bandit sighed and walked into the courtyard. As he did, the statue was suddenly lighter. Bandit was confused and looked back at the statue, only to look at the mirrors. Instead, it was a bunch of fancy-looking ponies. And none of them looked like they were happy to see him.

“Who doesn’t love a good reunion?” Discord’s voice said.

“Ugh, who invited the freak?”

“Hmph, that bug is still relevant?”

Bandit’s ear twitched as he looked around at the mirrors, he gritted his teeth, but he continued to move. As he did, the ponies changed to those he had met in the past. From his nymphhood. And it started with Top Marks.

“Simply put, I don’t think you are someone who deserves an A. You need to be grateful I gave you a B.”

Next was the Gold Star, the restaurant owner from when he was nine.

“Look, you listen to me pretentious, privileged little freak. The only thing keeping me from kicking you out of my restaurant is the fact that the princess is on the other side of this restaurant, other wise, I would toss you out myself. Now sit down and shut up.”

Next was Prince Blueblood, Solar Comet, and River Lilly, who were talking to Blueblood behind his back when he was 12.

“Pssh, as if anyone cares about his status as prince.” A young Solar Comet snickered.

“Celestia should have left him in that river like any other pony would.” a young River Lilly spat.

“I’m sure all of Equestria would have been better off.” Prince Blueblood said. Bandit’s ears lowered as he kept moving. Then he got to the ponies of ponyville, what he was hearing was their thoughts.

"He walks around like he owns the place."

"Why does he even stay here?"

"He should just go."

"He's planning something, we know it."

"That freak doesn't belong here."

"So what he saved Equestria once, he's still a danger."

"Think of the children."

Bandit’s ears flopped as he continued to move. The next mirrors he saw were his friends. He was beginning to hear those ‘thoughts’ as well.

"Why doesn't he just buzz off?!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Royalty schmoyalty. Who cares?" Rainbow Dash said.

"He just gets in the way." Rarity said.

"I'd rather him be anywhere else." Fluttershy said.

"Should've just stayed in Canterlot." Lightning Sprint said.

"No good so and so." Applejack said.

Twilight just stared at him coldly. Bandit stopped moving to look at her.

"I'm the star pupil... not you. Thinking you're better than me. You aren’t a freak like you never will be. I wish I never met you.” Bandit looked shocked at what he just heard.

“This is how the ponies of equestria see you. How they will always look down on you.” Discord’s voice began. Bandit looked at all the crude looks he was getting. “They’ll never see you for who you are, because they can’t get past what you are.”

Bandit looked at the snake statue that was suddenly light from when he walked into the mirror yard.

“Equestria, waiting for you to screw up, weighing down on your negatives. Can’t look past the what to see the who. Are they truly worth being a hero for?” Discord asked him. Bandit looked at the mirror in front of him, he saw his own reflection. “Would you really risk your life, for those who will forget all your good deeds like nothing happened?”

Bandit looked at his reflection and then glared, leaning forward.

“Without. Question.” He said before turning to keep walking. As he walked towards the exit, the mirror with his reflection popped up behind him.

“Why?” His reflection asked. Bandit stopped at the exit and turned around. “You know those ponies will turn their backs on you. You know that, if something happens with your kind they will blame you. Why do you delude yourself into thinking they’ll see you as their hero?”

“I’m not a hero.” Bandit told the reflection. “I don’t need to be seen as one. If ponies don’t want to look past my appearance, that’s fine. If ponies don’t want me to live with them, that’s fine. Ponies want to forget any good deeds I’ve done, that’s fine. So long as they never forget that when trouble calls, I’ll always be there to help. Without. Question.” Bandit said, and with that, he left. The golden snake had its original weight back on it. Discord growled and snapped his fingers, blocking off a path that would have led directly to Twilight and Applejack before he could see the path. He watched him continue moving.

“Without Question huh? Well, we’ll see about that.” Discord gritted as he rubbed his claws together.


Meanwhile, Pinkie was bouncing along the route she was taking through the maze. She was cheerful despite the grim situation, which seemed perfectly normal to her. She whistled as she moved before coming across an opening, which made her jaw drop in amazement when she saw planters filled with balloons of all kinds of shapes and colors, and they were laughing. Delighted by her discovery, Pinkie entered the area, admiring the laughing balloons.

"This is the greatest balloon garden I've ever seen!" she declared. "It's the first balloon garden I've ever seen, but still! Wah!" She exclaimed as she suddenly faceplanted into the mud, she looks up to see what happened. A pink balloon had tied her back leg up to make her fall.

“Hey! What gives?” She exclaimed. Discord appeared before her a few seconds later.

“What’s the matter, Pinkie Pie? I thought you appreciated a good laugh.” He asked, pretending to be confused.

"It's different." Pinkie answered, her smile no longer on her face. "They're laughing at me."

"It's hardly different." Discord said as he moved his head behind a balloon, when he moved it back, then his head was no longer there, yet the balloon had a face. "Your friends laugh at you all the time."

Pinkie stood up and shook off the mud. "My friends laugh with me. Not at me." She said with a smile.

“Oh really?” The green balloon floated down. He then began spinning around her at a very fast pace, laughing at her. As he laughed, more laughter could be heard. Pinkie’s eyes spun to keep up, but the laughing was getting to her.

“No! Stop it!” She begged. They didn’t oblige her request and continued laughing. As she looked back up, the balloons were turning into her friends. The other 6 mares of their group.

“Stop laughing at me!” She exclaimed. The discord balloon floated down to her.

“Oh, poor Pinkie Pie. And here I thought laughter made you happy.” He mocked sadness before stopping in front of her. Using his eyes to hypnotize her like he did Applejack.

“Happy?” She asked before standing up and becoming greyed out. “I don’t think so.” She said with a very angry attitude.

The balloons around her popped, revealing a pathway that Bandit walked through seconds later.

“Pinkie!” Bandit called. “Wow, I am glad to see you.” He took a few steps and then stopped, looking confused. “Pinkie, are you okay? You don’t look so good.”

"Glad to see me? Why? Need a good laugh?!" She said, walking past. Bandit looked very confused as she did so.

“Why do you look…...grey?” He asked. She zipped into his face.

“Was that supposed to be a joke?!” She exclaimed.

“Uh….No. It was concern.” He said. She rolled her eyes and started walking. “Uh….Pinkie, it’s this way.”

“I know that!” She exclaimed as she walked back towards and past him. Bandit scratched his head and began going back to following the scent.


Rarity was walking through a different section of the maze in search of the center. "I was expecting an audience with the Princess, not outdoor sport." She said before walking into a wall "Agh.” Then she noticed the three diamonds in the wall she just walked into. “Oh my..." Images of Discord appeared on the surface of the three diamonds, laughing cruelly.

"Welcome to your lucky day, Rarity." He taunted, weaving his spell. "You've found the one thing in Equestria that could rival my face for sheer beauty. What do you think? You like?" The diamonds began glowing hypnotically.

"Yes…" Rarity said, falling under the spell and she moved toward the diamonds. "I like very much…" She stopped and shook her head violently, to clear herself of the hypnosis. "No! No, I shan't succumb to such fabulousness." She turned and walked away, struggling with every step she took.

"Must… get to the center… to meet… the others." She encouraged herself.

"Mine!" She turned back around, her color fading as well. She began digging to get to the diamonds.


After some time, Rarity had dug a path through the wall and was satisfied with herself.

“Well, Rarity. It took forever, but it was worth it!” She said. Before her, was a very large diamond. She shook the dirt off and ran over to it.

“Who knew three little gemstones would turn out to be this handsome hunk of a diamond?” She said with a happy gasp to be added to the end. “Now to get you home.”

Ducking as low as she could, she got enough of her back underneath the monster gem to allow her to hoist it up. As it was now on her back, she began to trek away. It was at that moment when the wall she dug at collapsed, revealing Twilight and Applejack.

"Rarity! Are we glad to see…” She began to canter over, only to stop when she saw that Rarity didn’t have a diamond, but a humongous boulder on her back. “Why are you carrying a humongous boulder?" Twilight asked.

Rarity flipped the boulder off her back. "What do you mean, ‘boulder’?" She demanded. "This big beautiful bedazzling rock is a diamond! And it's all mine. Keep your envious little eyes off it! I found it and it's mine fair and square!" She got the 'diamond' onto her back again and struggled to carry it while being followed by Applejack. Twilight couldn’t help but look on in complete shock and concern before following them.


In another part of the maze, Fluttershy was slowly edging her way through the maze, using her hoof to follow along the side like Bandit previously told her to. "Okay, I can do this. I can..."

A few butterflies flew by, startling her. As she yelped and dove into a hedge wall, she went in and stuck her head out. “Oh, wait a minute.” She saw what startled her. “Butterflies?”

The butterflies take a turn, and Fluttershy began chasing them.

“Wait! Don’t leave me here!”

The butterflies continue their flight, and Fluttershy hurries to catch up. She skidded to a stop and saw multiple paths before her. That was until the butterflies came behind her, prompting her to turn around and see that the butterflies had the mismatched antlers of discord.

“Fluttershy…” One of the butterflies began, turning out to be a high-pitched discord. “…looks like you’ve been left behind by your so-called friends, huh?”

“Oh no.” She turned with a smile while shaking her head. “I’m certain they’re doing their best to find me.”

They started to circle her.

“Well, it must be so upsetting to know how weak and helpless they think you are.” Butterfly Discord tried again. It didn’t work.

“Not at all. I am weak and helpless, and I appreciate their understanding.” She said with a smile.

"Yes, well, surely it burns you up, I mean—" Discord's real voice came out before he went back to his high pitched voice."—that they’re always pointing out your flaws, right?"

"Not really. In fact, I think I'm awfully lucky to have friends who want me to be the best I can be." That was what did it. Discord turned into himself out of frustration.

"Oh, for goodness’ sake!" He exclaimed before he jabbed her with a talon to hypnotize her.

"You've been kind for far too long, my dear. Time to be cruel. Arrivederci!" He said before he disappeared. A hedge wall dropped, revealing Bandit and Pinkie. Bandit managed to spot her and attempted to jog towards her.

“Fluttershy!” He called as he moved, a bit slower than how he started. “I am happy you’re finally-” He slid to a stop. “Hey, are you okay?”

“I was okay.” She turned around and glared at him. “Then you showed up.”

“Dang it, you got greyed too?” He asked as he looked at her.

“You got a problem with that? Then take that curved horn and make everything alright!” She growled at him. Bandit was in shock. “Oh that’s right, I forgot.” You can’t.”

She turned and tried to flick him with her tail. He dodged it by jerking his head back. He dodged the tail but hit his head on the snake statue he was carrying.

He rubbed his head as he watched Fluttershy walk on, hip-checking Pinkie and knocking her to the ground.

“Discord. What the heck are you doing to my friends?” He asked before he kept moving.


Lightning Sprint was running along the maze walls as she tried to get to the center as fast as she could. As she ran, the path she took was suddenly a very straight line. She took a moment to observe the area.

Lightning Sprint looked at the straight path. "What's so intimidating about a straight line? I'm not impressed" she said, referring to Discord mentioning his intimidating side, before running down the path.

She didn’t think much of this at first until she found herself running longer than she felt it should have taken. This made her slow down a bit.

“What the?” She asked as she slowed to a trot.

“What’s the matter Lightning Sprint? Losing your motivation to keep moving?” Discord was heard asking. She quickly picked up the pace.

"Not at all. I'm going to make it to the centre. No matter what. Cause we're gonna stop you."

“We? An interesting word, don’t you think?”

"You're nothing Discord. You have no chance. We'll stop you no matter what!"

“You’re nothing? You have no chance? It’s strange how those two phrases apply to you. A poor pony who doesn’t have her own personality.” Discord started.

"Very funny Discord. Your lies won't fool me."

"What lies? Hear for yourself." He said.

At that moment, her friend's voices began to fill in.

"Does she even try to be like someone else?" Rainbow Dash insulted. That made her slow down to look for the source.

"Rainbow Dash 2.0," Applejack said. "No originality"

Lightning Sprint shook her head as she slowed down some more. "Stop it. You're lying."

"She's like a worse version of Rainbow Dash." Pinkie was heard saying.

"All she does is hang around Rainbow Dash and then comes and bothers us. What an annoyance." Rarity said.

"This isn't true." Lightning said, shaking her head. She then came to a complete stop.

"You spend so much time motivating those around you. It’s simply unfair that they do nothing but put you down?" Discord said with a sinister snicker.

"Does she even know how to be herself?" Fluttershy was heard asking. Lightning Sprint began looking around with flopped ears.

"It's like having 2 Rainbow Dashes but only one is worth keeping around." Twilight said

Lightning stumbled slightly, slowly failing to not let it get to her.

Then she heard Bandit's voice.

"Are you anything more than a carbon copy?" Bandit was heard saying.

"Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!" Lightning exclaimed.

"Oh I don't know how you keep yourself motivated, if this is how they all think of you." Discord said, beginning to hypnotize her. She clutched her head with her hooves but it was a futile attempt as her color faded and she slumped to the ground.

Twilight walked around the corner with Rarity and Applejack.

Lightning glanced towards them.

"Lightning Sprint! Thank goodness we found you. I was beginning to lose hope but now that we found you I know we can-" Twilight began.

"What's the point?" Lightning groaned.

"What?" Twilight asked in shock.

"We're just gonna end up falling short. So why bother?" Lightning followed up. Stepping a little too close to the rock.

"Stay away from my jewel!" Rarity quickly defensively said.

"I wouldn't get to it even if I tried." Lightning said, her tone remaining quite depressed.

"This is bad." Twilight said.


Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was racing through the maze trying to get to the center as fast as she could, making good time. She then stopped when she heard thunder and began to look around. She saw something that looked like her cutie mark. A mini cloud that fired rainbow lightning occasionally.

"I've got you now, element.” She said as she began to chase after it.

Rainbow Dash ran through an opening and skidded to a halt when she saw Discord reclining on a white cloud hammock between two apple trees and he was wearing sunglasses.

"Oh." He said with a relaxed tone, stretching. "I can see why you like these clouds so much. Very plush."

"Get off there and put 'em up!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she raised her forelegs and stood like a boxer, punching her hooves. "Come on! Let's go!"

"Hey, I'm here to deliver a message." Discord informed her as he sat up.

"I've got a message for you too!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, ready to fight.

"Listen closely, this is important." Discord started as he moved over to her.

"A weighty choice is yours to make:
a right selection or a big mistake.
If a wrong choice you choose to pursue,
the foundations of home will crumble without you."

He snapped his fingers and summoned a white cloud, setting it spinning, starting to hypnotize and show her, her home Cloudsdale collapsing.

"Cloudsdale?" Rainbow Dash gasped fearfully, falling under his spell. "Crumble… without me? No!"

Discord made a present appear before her, and stepped next to her, placing a clawed hand on her shoulder as her skin tone faded.

"That box contains your wings.” He told her. "You can take them and leave the game, or you can carry on aimlessly wandering this maze. Your choice."


Bandit was still following the scent and found himself into the courtyard where he saw the Elements.

“Finally.” He said as he took a step into the courtyard. A very loud thunderclap got his attention. He looked around on high alert, only to see Rainbow Dash flying into the sky, disappearing behind a cloud.

“No…” He said as his pupils shrank. The maze walls began to sink, leaving nothing but a crater and revealing the location of the other group.

“Bandit!?” Twilight was heard calling. Bandit turned to see her running over.

“Twilight, what happened? Why is Rainbow Dash flying away!?” Bandit asked. She stopped before him.

“I was gonna ask you that.” She said. The laughter of Discord was soon heard. All heads turned their way.

“Well well well.” He started. "Somepony broke the “no wings, no magic” rule." He snapped his fingers and gave everyone back their wings and horns, but he didn't move the statue off of Bandit's back. “Games over my little ponies! And my big changeling too! You didn’t find your precious Elements. Looks like we might be due for a big old storm of chaos.”

He spawned in an umbrella and began laughing heavily. As Twilight looked at him shocked. Bandit looked at him angrily. His wings starting to spread, and began to crack the golden statue.

Author's Note:

The season 2 premiere was a doozy to write, and one heck of enjoyment to do so. Hope you all like it.

[Addition: October 18th 2021]: After getting quarantined a second time within a little over a month. I've decided to say screw it. I'm not gonna write the whole season and post episode after episode. To keep you all waiting no longer, I shall post now. Enjoy, and until then: