• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 8,358 Views, 266 Comments

My Roommate is a pony? - Meh121

  • ...
92
 266
 8,358

Chasing Shadows

"I'm glad you're safe though." Katie said hugging me with a smile on her face.

"Thanks as am I, but look we need to find the others quickly." I told her grabbing her arm and pulling her with me.

"Right, I'm right with you until the end you know that right?" She asked running with me.

"Yeah I know that, but there isn't really anything you can do in a fight like this. You'll only get yourself hurt or worse killed."

She looked at me before stopping. "Look I know I might not have powers or whatever, but I'm going to fight. I've heard about this old god or whatever. No matter the cost I'll fight until the very end with you. It's the least I can do for you." She said grabbing my hand tears started to flow out gently.

I looked at her puzzled before I sighed. "Look I know we didn't work out, but honestly I told you not to blame yourself for us breaking up." I told her but she didn't stop crying. "Look Katie if you want to feel sorry for us then right now is not the time!" I shouted grabbing her face gently. Her brown eyes still leaking with tears. "Dammit Katie, I don't blame you for cheating on me! It was my fault I wasn't there for you, I wanted to have you so badly but I..I just couldn't." I said smiling a few tears dropping down her face.

"I don't believe you, every time I see you, you just seem so happy. Until you see me I can feel it, you put on a fake happiness. You've hid it all this time, I want to make it up to you somehow." She said pushing my arm down to my side.

I trembled a bit before trying to find the right words. "Lo...look if you want to make it up to me, leave I told you. You're just going to get in the way." I said taking a deep breath to calm down.

"You know I won't do that, I'll find another way to make it up to you." She said with a smile.

'So stubborn.' I thought as we kept running through the halls.

On the other side....

"Well of course he was going to make sure we alright." Rainbow said playfully. Twilight just looked up at her and stuck out her tongue.

"Well now do you five now care to explain yourselves?" Celestia asked looking at the group.

"I told you all ready, you are all doomed to suffer in the darkness. Those who do not see the vision of the great one will suffer his wrath." The ex captain said.

"This is getting us no where." Luna sighed.

Shadow stepped up to the group and cracked his neck. "So you too want to see darkness, I'll show you." He told them as black and purple energy shot out of his left hoof. He placed it close to the ex captains face. "So this is what you want so bad, I'll give it to ya unless you speak." He said slamming his hoof into the wall next to him. He just grinned catching Shadow off guard.

'Is that dark magic?' Twilight asked herself looking at Shadow. 'I know Flame told us that Tyler teamed up with some pegasus. This however I was not expecting.' She thought looking at the group.

Back to the other side....

"Why exactly is it that we have to hurry?" Katie asked running her footsteps echoed through the empty halls.

"How the hell did we not reach them all ready!" I shouted ignoring her. I slammed my fist into the wall.

I heard Katie's footsteps follow from behind me, I quickly calmed down for a moment. "Calm down I'm sure we're going to find them." She said with a gentle smile.

I looked at her before nodding. "I know we'll find them but I'm worried if we'll make it enough time." I said to her as I took off running again. This time I looked at a window and crashed right through it. The glass shattered with me the color shards falling with me. I shrugged it off using a Divine Shield Spell, I stood up shaking off the dirt. Katie just sighed as she hopped over the window.

"Why did you have to go and break stuff!" She shouted.

"Shortcut." I told her as I threw one my swords into the next window. This one exploded with a large amount of colors catching the sunlight. It caused the ground to sparkle with colors that danced on the ground. The glass hit all with small clings, the larger pieces shattered on the ground.

"So are you going to tell me why the hell you are in such a hurry?" Katie asked again this time with anger behind her voice.

"I have a hunch." I said looking back at her grabbing my sword.

"So we are just waiting for your hunch? Oh this is great." She sighed hopping through the other window.

"I did tell you, you could have just left here didn't I." I said looking back as I followed the last path that we didn't take.

Katie followed closely behind as she brushed herself off. "Do you care to explain your hunch?" She asked.

"I fear that the other rumblings were from combat, if that one human I saw earlier is still here...he could turn those ponies into Shadow Golems, the only difference is because they are living beings.." I paused for a minute.

"What come on spit it out!" She shouted as we rounded a corner.

"They could be used as! Oh shit duck!" I shouted as she slid as another Shadow Golem popped out of the walls.