• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 8,358 Views, 266 Comments

My Roommate is a pony? - Meh121

  • ...
92
 266
 8,358

Den Of The Phoenix

"Well then a den full of flaming birds...great." I sighed as I trekked on. I looked back remembering the others. "I will continue on!" I shouted jumping down into the den. The heat was immense the minute I jumped down into the den. The rocks were even warm to the touch. I was greeted by a loud and a roar that shook the very ground.

"You simple birds are nothing but flames, you think that your flames can harm dragon scales?" A great black dragon bellowed out.

"I will not let any harm come to my children!" The phoenix shouted. The phoenix grabbed the dragon by his wings, the dragon simply clawed at the phoenix's chest. She let out a caw of pain before she flew a few yards back. Her great fire lit up the sky in a brilliant hue of colors. I noticed a few feathers fall to the ground. I began to sprint further down into the den. I looked up noticing the two beast kept going at eachothers throats.

'Peaceful land.... sure.' I thought dodging a few falling rocks from them crashing into the cliff sides. I thought I was about get out away just fine but I heard a few snarls from behind.

"Kill the human you idiots!" The dragon yelled looking down at me. The dragons came forth from the shadows.

"Well now calling me an idiot was not the brightest idea, but if that's what you wish then. I believe it's time." I sighed pulling out my two swords. I pulled out a cigarette and calmly lit it. "You know they say these things kill you faster, tell you what perhaps you could help me out. I'll give you the chance to kill me early." I said winking at the smaller dragons, their red eyes glowed before they all lunged at me.

"Ignore the human you still have to worry about me!" The Phoenix yelled as she blew molten flames at the dragon. I looked up to see the dragon take the blow surprisingly well, his scales were slightly burnt.

"I wouldn't be looking up at the sky." One of them growled.

"Oh so you can speak too, how nice." I jokingly said jumping out of the way. I struck one of the dragons in the back, my blade just leaving a tiny scratch on his scales.

"It will take a lot more than that to injure us." The black one grumbled out.

"I see well I guess I shouldn't play nice then." I took a stance and prayed for a moment. 'Light please work'.

"You are praying at a time for this, what is it you pray for human a quick death." A red dragon chuckled.

"Light's Blade!" I shouted as my two swords glowed with a heavenly light, they felt stronger than before.

"What is this?" The blue asked.

"Is that a paladin?" The phoenix asked herself.

"Now, now den mother I believe you said to keep your eye on the fight at hand." The dragon said biting the phoenix by the throat. She cawed out once again the dragon threw her to the ground. The force caused the ground to shake and crack. It threw us all off balance, I ended up dropping my swords. The dragons clawed into the ground.

"Well now it looks like we'll be feasting on human it's been a few months. The portal sure has brought in some stupid ones." They all said in unison. I jumped out of the way of their attacks, they kept pushing me back further.

'Damn at this rate I'll be dead or I'll run out of time.'

"Well like I said nothing more than a flaming bird. Pathetic." The huge beast spat. "Hurry up and stop playing with your food."

"Sir he is quick and wields some strange magic." The same colored dragon yelled up.

"Fine I will finish this." He called up as he began to swoop down, the force of his wings caused a large gust.

"Light's shield!" I felt my body encased in glowing light. 'My first thing I learned through the light.' I thought as I felt the beast hit the shield.

"Paladin look out!" The Den Mother called out, I felt an immense heat rush through the area. I heard the younger dragons scream as they were being burnt alive. I shielded my eyes from the intense brightness that was caused. Once I felt the heat die down I broke the barrier, I noticed that if that fire was still going my barrier would have broke in a few seconds. I noticed the young dragons were nothing more than just a pile of ash.

"YOU...YOU MURDERED MY CHILDREN. THERE SHALL BE HELL TO PAY!" The dragon yelled out as he lunged forward swiping his massive claws left and right the phoenix. She cawed out in pain as every swipe hit her.

"Crap, I have to help her somehow." I said picking up my swords. I began to cast another light's shield this time of the phoenix to buy her a few seconds. I felt it work, but I grew tired and weak. I struggled to stand up.

"Why you are quite the annoying human aren't you?" The dragon annoyingly asked. He turned his attention to me now, his footsteps echoing through the den.

"Don't you think we should help him it sounds like there is a battle going on over there." Rainbow asked.

"As I said before he is the only one who can do this task." Zecora told Rainbow firmly. Her eyes giving the look that she was not to be trifled with.

"Come on you saw that huge burst of light. We can't sit here at least send Death. He was a paladin at one point!" Rainbow shouted.

"Perhaps you didn't hear me the second time?" Zecora asked standing up. Rainbow quickly backed off.

"You know Zecora how come you aren't rhyming right now?" Applejack asked.

"It's simple I don't want to speak in riddles as of now." She said with a smile.

The dragon kept walking toward me, I couldn't stand I just laid there motionless.

"You keep your filth away from him!" The phoenix shouted tackling the dragon to the ground. She clawed at his chest his weaker underbelly began to bleed. She breathed her fire at the wound causing his blood to heat up. He quickly used his claws to shield his wounds before he kicked the phoenix back.

"You are very clever I must admit." He laughed as he licked his own blood.

"Yo..you will not harm any of my children or that boy." The den mother weakly said as she flew up and swooped down.

"I see we are going for one last blow well little birdie you put up a good fight!" The dragon shouted as he took off.

"Light's Blade..." I whispered as the phoenix glowed as he claws glowed even brighter. She caused a rainbow of colors as she struck the dragon. I gave off a smirk as I looked up as I saw the dragon falling down to the earth.

"Whoa what was that?" Pinkie asked.

"The light." Death Jr. smiled.

"Well it is incredible." Fluttershy smiled warmly.

"Aye." Death Jr. smiled as he turned his head as they kept moving forward.

"I must thank you paladin for your help. Why is it you came to this den in the first place?" She asked looking down at me.

"You see it's my umm girlfriend, she has died recently do to the attack of the timber wolves. Their pack leader bit her on the neck. I was told that if I was to get three phoenix feathers and two eggs I would be able to bring her back to life If done quick enough. Look I don't know if it's true but I'm willing to pay any price to bring her back." I welled up a bit a few tears hitting the ground.

"To most mortal I would refuse, but after your help to protect my children I will give you as you ask." She said with authority. I gulped and nodded slowly.

"Than-thanks...I don't know how to thank you." I weakly replied.

"By taking this egg, I believe he will make a great companion." She gently nuzzled it to me as well as two other eggs. The one I was supposed to keep was much larger and gave off a feeling of warmth. The egg had a unique pattern as well. It was a bright red and yellow mixed with orange, it looked almost like dancing fire.

"You want me to take one of your children are you sure?" I asked with the feeling of unworthiness. She chuckled as she picked me up and took off flying.

"Aye, I also wish to ask you a favor, make sure you stop this darkness the negative energies are causing the creatures in the forest to be highly aggressive."

"Of course." I told her with a smile.

"Well then I think it's time I drop you off." The great phoenix swooped down and dropped me to the hut. She also plucked three feathers from her chest before she gave a wink and flew off.