• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 8,346 Views, 266 Comments

My Roommate is a pony? - Meh121

  • ...
92
 266
 8,346

At Any Cost

"Tell me how to save her dammit!" I shouted the tears welling up.

"Calm down remember what we just spoke of don't let your anger get the best of you." Death coldly said.

"It's not anger, it's my fault she is like this." I choked up looking down at her. "Tell me dammit I will gladly bare any curse, do any challenge set forth. I will even strike a deal with you a contract, bring her back in exchange for my own life." I said the others eyes went wide. A few gasp were heard I noticed Rainbow was about to speak before Death stepped forward.

"I wish I could make this easier for you, in order for her to be brought back to life you must defeat me in a duel." Death said his eyes narrowing.

"What kind of duel..."

"Simple a duel to the death, in order to bring her soul back you must kill me." Death said.

"What I'm not going to trade another life for another." I told him looking dumbfounded. He only chuckled.

"You act like a paladin now out of all times, I'm afraid this is the only way to win her life back."

"So this is how you became the aspect of death. You told me you killed the other aspect, I'm taking it you fought for a loved ones soul and triumphed am I correct?" I asked fixing my glasses.

"My you are indeed very clever, yes this is how the duel ends. Do you still want to fight then boy?" He asked readying his weapon.

"I ac-" I was cut off by a shout.

"WAIT A SECOND!" A voice with a heavy accent cut me off. We all turned around to see a zebra standing there, she had some type of tribal gear on. It made her look like an assassin of sorts, the two daggers and vials of poison didn't help either.

"Who in the hell are you?" I asked stepping forward.

"I'm Zecora the one that rhymes a lot..." She glanced over at Rainbow "You do know I only do it for show it's fun to see if ponies catch onto it. Anyway back to the situation, I couldn't help but overhear that you sir are a paladin?" Zecora asked raising an eyebrow as she pointed her hoof at me.

"More or less." I said.

"There is another way that you can save her, but it can only be you. Walk west of here for another two and half miles, there you will find a gorge. In that gorge will be the lair of phoenix's, I need you to grab three feathers and two eggs from the phoenix that reside there." She said looking me sternly in the eyes.

"Oh it will be easy Princess Celestia has a pet phoenix darling they are rather small. It shouldn't be a problem." Rarity told me with a gleaming smile. Her tear stained coat mixed with her blood was really noticeable now that the fighting and grieving was over.

"I'm afraid not these ones they even give dragons a fair fight, it has been rumored that the paladins of old were able to tame and use them as mounts and companions. Perhaps you will have such luck?" Zecora asked mostly to herself.

"Three feathers and two eggs I do believe this will be rather easy." Death murmured. He pulled me aside and whispered into my ear. "There is an enchantment that you know of it will increase the power of your weapon, but you must believe in the light don't even falter in your faith. This enchantment will make things easier."

"Thanks for the advise." I whispered back before I started to walk.

"Do be careful out there darling." Rarity said.

"Yeah Twilight will kill you if you end up dying." Rainbow bluntly said with a blush on her face.

"You know what normally I would disagree but yer right on that Rainbow." Applejack chuckled.

"Do be careful. Oh I forgot that she only has about three hours so I would make with haste." Zecora said as she handed me a few vials. I put them in my bags and quickly took off.

'Off to The Valley Of The Phoenix's.' I thought sprinting even faster.