• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 8,358 Views, 266 Comments

My Roommate is a pony? - Meh121

  • ...
92
 266
 8,358

Forest

There were a few audible gasp as Fluttershy stepped forward. I gave a smirk as she gave a weak smile.

"Look we've been in here before and while every time...so-something...uhh dang-dangerous happened we've faced it together." Fluttershy meekly told everyone. I placed my hand on the center of her back, she looked up at me as I gave her a nod of encouragement.

"There is no way you are going to be the first ones in there." Rainbow exclaimed as she moved forward. She hovered low to the ground, her wings gently causing a breeze for the grass.

"Aww darn we haven't let some evil baddy stopped us before." AJ mostly reassured herself as she quickly moved up. I grasped Twilight's hoof as she slowly moved up. We both locked eyes for a moment to which I gave a wink to. She chuckled a bit and moved up slowly. Rarity and Pinkie moved up with the others. Death was all ready moving toward the forest. The sounds of our hoof and footsteps echoed as we left the last bits of path. The grass soon brushed, as we moved through the forest.

"Look I know Zecora lives here and all but don't mention this whole thing to her if we somehow happen to see her okay girls?" Twilight ordered more than demanded. The others nodded in unison.

"Who the hell is Zecora?" I asked looking at Twilight. I furrowed my brow as I looked at her.

"A zebra who rhymes....a lot.... like a lot, a lot." Rainbow told me.

"Oh great and she chose to live here out of all places, sounds like a real sane Zebra." I sarcastically said my hand gestures making things look more dramatic.

"I'm afraid you won't be seeing your Zebra friend. She is visiting her family from her home country." Death told everyone.

"How do you even know this?" Twilight asked.

"We are reapers the shamans do communicate with us. It is simply part of our job isn't that right Mr.Serious." Death's counterpart mockingly said as he stuck out his tongue.

"Sounds uhh interestin." AJ muttered.

We kept walking the path grew more narrow as we moved. The grass started to grow darker as did the sky, it was almost pitch black. The strange thing about this darkness is you could almost feel it creeping in. The only thing that saved me from madness were the small patches of sunlight. I stopped moving as I heard footsteps moving closer, it was a beast large.

"Do you hear it?" Death asked.

"Yes it sounds like a large beast..no wait two of them possibly three." I ducked quickly down avoiding a beast made of wood. I looked over and saw the beast nailed the tree. It stared right back at us, it's green eyes staring me down. Death quickly reacted by pulling out a scythe. The others jumped out and made a howl, the reply was met as several loud howls were heard. The trees started to shake as they appeared birds flew out of the decrepit trees. They blotched out the sky even more than before, I felt a hand pull me up.

"Well this will be great practice to see how well you can command a small team." Death smiled as we met with our backs. I gave off a smirk as I pulled a combat knife out of my bag. 'Damn I wish I had that weapon right about now, this will have to do as I pulled out the other.

"Well than I think we should get started. Twilight and Rarity use your magic to pick off any others trying to group up with them. They both nodded though Rarity did hesitate before I gave her a stare. Rainbow I need you to fly off and Distract the wolves coming from further away.

"What no way! You think I'm about to leave you guys here?" Rainbow asked her stubbornness and loyalty to her friends was starting to really show.

"You might want to get a control of the group." Death told me quietly as he slashed a few of the wolves.

"Dammit Rainbow just go!" I shouted as I stabbed one through the muzzle as it ripped off some flesh from my arm. The wolf made a loud yelp as it drew more attention to myself.

"Rainbow just listen to him we got this sugar cube." Applejack assured her with a nod as she threw her hat. It nailed the wolf right in the face causing it to blindly run into Applejack's outstretched hoof.

"Fine!" Rainbow shouted as she took off. "Hey you ugly piles of sticks come and get me!" Rainbow shouted. She diverted some of the pack.

"Applejack I need you to cover Twilight's and Rarity's flanks." I ordered.

"Yes sir!" She shouted and rushed over to them.

"Tyler we could use some back up we're getting over run!" Twilight shouted dodging a few wolves. I looked around and noticed there had to have been at least twenty of them if not more. A few remained at the ground sliced from Death's scythe. The one that ripped off some of my flesh still had the knife in it's muzzle.

"Pinkie and Fluttershy I need you two to run recon and look for Sombra I feel like he is behind this." I commanded them dodging a few bites from the same wolf before I twisted it's neck and removing my blade. "Death Junior give them backup head towards the castle we'll regroup with you shortly. I received two giggly yes's from Pinkie and Death's counterpart. I saw a cowering Fluttershy mumbling something.

"These wolves I can't communicate with them. Fluttershy cried out. She flew up to a tree and hid.

"You might want to get that one under control." Death told me mockingly.

"Fluttershy please they'll need your help and aerial view to help them out." I begged her. All I received was a small cry.

"Fluttershy think if Sombra taints the forest and animals even further." Twilight called out as she summoned a magical being of magic to fight with her. I looked to see Fluttershy jump down and break a wolves back. I noted the shadowy energy that left wolves body.

"That BIG MEANY!" Fluttershy shouted as she grouped up with Pinkie and Death Jr. I noticed one about to jump onto Pinkie's back, I was about to shout lookout but Death Jr quickly slashed the beast in half with a sword.

"Well it seems like Twilight has better leadership skills than you do." Death mocked me.

"This really isn't the time for this." I sighed stabbing a Timber Wolf in the back. The beast quickly did a death roll and pinned me on it's back. I tried to keep the snarling jaw away from me but the beast seemed stronger than the others. It was larger but despite the size was even more agile than the others. The others were busy being swarmed by the other Timber Wolves which had to be in numbers of at least thirty or more.

"Don't worry I got you Tyler!" I heard a voice from shout from the top of the forest. I looked up and saw Rainbow swiftly coming from descent for a kick. I heard the kick come through stunning the beast, giving me enough time to move from the jaw and rip out the knifes.

"Thanks for the save." I told Rainbow.

"Save the thanks for later I came to tell you that most of the Timber Wolves are blocked by a wall of animals thank to Fluttershy.

"That was brilliant thanks for the heads up, you mind helping us out here before catching up with the others to go find Sombra?" I asked as we both flipped the larger wolf onto it's back before I slashed it's mouth open. Rainbow gave it a swift kick in the jaw dislodging it. The great beast made a loud cry after the sickening crack that echoed out loud. There was also a spurt of blood and loud scream as a wolf was over the body of...

Author's Note:

Sorry my work has been working my ass to the bone so I deiced to release this as a two part chapter because of the lack of updates.