• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 8,358 Views, 266 Comments

My Roommate is a pony? - Meh121

  • ...
92
 266
 8,358

Trusting your senses

"Well then young paladin which way is it we are going?" Death asked me. I ignored his creepy smile and his annoying tone. I began to concentrate, I felt multiple beings of evil all of them pulling at different corners of Equestria. I felt ones that even were in the very town as they were just a lesser evil, I picked up on Sombras trail and focused to where we needed to go. I felt a huge presence behind him, it felt as if it were an evil to go box or something. I began to walk my surroundings began to manifest all around me. The world began to manifest all around me, it was almost like echolocation. Everything gave off a certain look, it was strange so strange that I almost broke my concentration. It reminded of the eagle vision from the Assassin's Creed games...well before they were broken as shit.

"How can he see where we are going?" Twilight asked Death? I could tell she was looking up at him as she asked. I could feel her sense of wonder and curiosity stronger then ever before.

"It's very hard to explain just picture how a bat uses echolocation. Instead of using sound waves he is using the life energies of everything around him. It's a lazy way of explaining things." Death blushed as he saw the reaction of the others.

"I can see everything just in a different perspective. Twilight it's similar to a spell I was reading where you can pick up on the magical energies from others even the very earth itself. For me it's so much more I can feel the hate, love, good, and evil all around. It's incredible." I stopped and had to regain focus as everything was fading out. The red trail of Sombra was fading away. I took a deep breath and regained my composure.

"Twi do ya have any idea on what he mentioned?" Applejack asked. Her country sounding voice made the question sound much more important for some reason.

"I uhh, well it's sorta old combat magic used to single out the most powerful foe. Now it can be used for recon rescues the spell it incredibly hard to learn. Most ponies don't even know about the spell." Twilight told the others. They all looked at her surprised Twilight glanced over at Rainbow who mouthed the word egghead. Twilight just rolled her eyes.

"So how do we know if we are going in the right direction, I mean what if his senses are leading us in into a wild pony chase? I mean no offense you are just starting off as a paladin. Even Death told me earlier that most paladins don't learn how to do this until a few weeks. Granted it is self taught and easy he said but still. Your little pause from your constant moving when you spoke for to long. That was clearly you losing focus for a moment." Rainbow asked as she looked over at me. The other gasped at her observation to detail. She just ignored it.
"Look I'm still going to stick by your side I'm just wondering if you should maybe have me do a quick flyby in this area. I could probably find him if you are leading us in the right way." Rainbow told everyone.

"Have faith in the light Rainbow, I know we are heading towards the right direction. We are almost to the Everfree Forest." I told them as we were almost at the border. I could feel the atmosphere change closer with every step.

"The Everfree are you crazy?!" They all shouted.

"No I'm just going where we need to go, you were all fine about going there to get the weapons. What's the problem now? I asked.

"It's because who the hay knows where he could be at in the Everfree. Are you sure aren't sensing the whole forest with it's evil energy?" Twilight asked the others all nodded in agreement. We all kept walking though their hoofsteps were much slower than mine or Death's.

"Just trust me on this please." I told them as we reached the border. They all sighed before Fluttershy stepped forward first.

Author's Note:

Okay honestly this one was chapter was a bitch I legit have had four different versions of this and this is the one I liked the most. The other ones were so cut forth and involved little dialog so I stuck with this and sorry I've been working like crazy.