• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 8,346 Views, 266 Comments

My Roommate is a pony? - Meh121

  • ...
92
 266
 8,346

A dark night

I stopped myself before I did anything that I'd later regret. Looking at Twilight, I could feel the mood change as I shifted her off of me, a sense of guilt and sadness washed over the both of us; the warmth of my spot on the bed leaving me as I moved away from her. Her face betrayed a puzzled expression, but also one of sadness welling up in her deep purple eyes.

"Did I do something wrong?" Twilight asked getting off the bed. I watched as she made depression that was once her on the bed slowly vanish. The soft sound of her getting up moving the fabric was all that was heard for a moment. I studied her face as she gave a worried look. I stared off for a few moments, normally emotions can be felt and seen, but this...this way I was feeling them was so intense I couldn't deal with it, it felt as if a I was in a room full of the loudest people ever. The emotions they vibrated throughout my body, I took a gasp of air and slowly recuperated. I took a deep breath and snapped out of my trance like state. I nearly fell face first into the floor but I felt Twilight's magic grab me last second. "Are you okay you've been acting strangely ever since the hospital?" She asked looking down at me. I slowly stood up and locked eyes with her, I nodded and then shook my head. "So are you going to tell me what's wrong finally?" Twilight questioned with hope in her eyes and voice.

"Yes and right now is the perfect time. You might want to sit for this one though." I hinted at the bed with a small gesture with my head. I watched as she sat back down, I grabbed a smooth wooden chair and moved it across the floor. The scraping of wood was the only audible sound in the room. I sat down on the soft cushioning and focused on her face. It stood out like the stars during a dark night. Her deep purple eyes were now those of curiosity of a child, they lit up and danced around. While from my quick glances of the mirror betrayed that of one of who was scarred from a lifelong battle of fear and hate.

'Perhaps after that whole experience my attitude has changed.' I thought before giving off a smile. I noticed that even with a smile I still looked scarred, it was strange but I ignored the factor.

"So what about that light I saw?" She snapped out of her trance of looking at me. While she focused in on me now as I readjusted myself in the chair.

"That light you saw well....heh that's funny that you asked about that out of all things." I chuckled nervously my facial expression probably showed that of me wanting to face palm.

"Well are you going to tell me?" She quipped with the same tone as before, almost menacing and confidently terrifying.

"Uh right about that... Well let's just say that I came close to a near death experience. I saw the darkness, but in that darkness something found me." I whispered and looked at Twilight as she shuddered. I paused and noticed the way I said it almost hissed out. "What found me was well Death himself, well both of them." I told her remembering the two sides. I stopped once again noticing a hoof to my mouth right before I was about to open it.

"So you're telling me that this "darkness" as you called it was more then likely caused by Death. Including those facts there were two beings of Death?" This would sound crazy to those with a dull mind, but this sounds almost entrancing. Now that you speak of it, this is making sense that the darkness you saw might be because of this "Rising Darkness" as we should call it." Twilight stated. She grabbed a notebook and took notes, even humming a few hmmms and scribbling out parts quickly. I watched her as all I heard was the quick scribbles of pen on paper. "I'm ready for you to keep going, now that I know I'm getting the truth." Twilight informed me with a smirk.

'How the hell can she tell if I'm even telling the truth? This whole thing sounds made up even to me, and I saw this craziness happen in front of me. Then yet again Twilight does have an open mind about this stuff. Well after the whole Pinkie Sense from what I heard she believes in more... more superstitious things.' I thought trying to place a correct word on it.

"Well during my near death experience, I... I well met with Death himself. I for sure thought that I was going to die right then and there, but miraculously I wasn't being told to cross the boat to the afterlife. I saw nothing but blackness stretching out, eerily there was a light between us. It was almost pure darkness like a night without the stars or moon. That is the only way I can describe it. In that short span for well as I should put it in the mortal plane I learned a few very important lessons. I shall spare most of the details. I can tell you to make a long story short that I mentally battled my own self. I learned how to control my pride and my doubt. I was so foolish and arrogant for leaving and thinking that I would be fine, I didn't care about there others feelings, but most of all I didn't care about yours. For that I am truly sorry." I told her lowering my head in shame. I double checked the mirror I noticed that this hard scarred look on my face was going away slowly.

'This is strange how has Twilight not noticed it?' I thought looking at her. 'Perhaps I always looked scarred and I just noticed it even more so today.' I looked her up and down, I noticed how her fur was still smooth, despite her being on edge a few times. Her eyes were once again filled with happiness, but also of a studious look.Suddenly I felt her emotions once again, I felt a warmth in her, it was the warmth of joy. I could tell she was beginning to feel happy again after I decided to open up to her. I saw her crack a smirk as she took a few more notes.

"You know for everyday I see you I can't tell if I want to cry, laugh at you, or kill you." Twilight playfully giggled as she took more notes. I saw her hoof motion for me to continue.

"I battled my greatest fear while there as well." I mentioned much quieter. I heard her ears flick up before I even saw them do the same.

"Well since you don't mind being honest why don't you tell me what your greatest fear is." Twilight told me leaning in closer, I could feel an intensity that of a thousand suns as she watched me.

"It's you..." I mumbled out. I looked at her as she just sat there. I watched as she looked at me for a few moments, now it was her turn to stare me down.

"Me? You're scared of your girlfriend. I don't know if I should laugh or think it's cute. But instead I want to know what it is that makes you so afraid of me?" Twilight asked moving even closer to me. I heard her voice tremble a bit and her emotions and face both gave a look of betrayal. I readied myself for the next lashing she would probably give me.

"Well it's two things to be exact. It's your power, I knew you were powerful but with this new "gift" I can feel it. The funny thing is I'm feeling that very soon a large change will happen to you, making you even more powerful. Don't ask me how I know this, but it's strange I can feel the energy of things around me like never before, even the emotions, strength and power of living things. Even this tree you live in. I wonder if it's a paladin thing?" I asked the last part rhetorically, before I face palmed as I saw Twilight give me a strange look.

"Paladin?" She asked tilting her head. I was going to open my mouth but she beat me to it. "Also why would you be afraid of my powers, do you think I would honestly hurt anyone or anypony unless I felt the need to do so? Especially my coltfriend! See now I wanna kill you again! That...that's like the fourth time today!" She shouted at me. I winced and backed up a little bit before she just sighed. "You're an idiot, but you're my idiot." She said kissing my cheek. "Now what was the second reason?" She sighed out again, she was a studious type, she couldn't always let emotions get in the way. Not after the whole Smartypants episode. Twilight thought mentally shuttering. She noted that her emotions can help or destroy her.

"That you would leave me." I bluntly told her. She just sighed as I had to answer about the paladin thing still. "As for being a paladin it's a warrior of the holy light." I watched as she tilted her head again. I cursed myself mentally for having to explain yet another thing to her, but at the same time all this head tilting was rather cute. I also loved this alone time even if it was just talking. "Let's just say that we have many religions all based on things, most all believe in a higher power one who is good. So much that the higher power could be a being of holy light, purging the darkness away. A paladin's main goal is to fight this battle of good and evil. Or well so I think..." I explained to her.

"That makes sense but why in the fuck would I leave you, do you really think our relationship is that bad?" Twilight asked angrily. Before I could respond she opened her mouth once again. "After all these stupid arguments and everything else we still have come out stronger than before. I would keep asking more but I don't want to know more, if you have so much doubt that this relationship will fail. I'm sure we could talk it out." Twilight told me. Normally I would let that soak in and say something to cover myself but it could wait for a moment or a week.

"There is more, I don't doubt or relationship will fail. This rising darkness I saw a vision...it showed me being corrupted by this thing that has been speaking to me. I saw you try to leave but he threw you at my feet. I looked down and refused to kill you. You tried to kill me after as you were corrupted by this darkness. In the end I have no idea what to make of this." I told her. I looked at Twilight as she furrowed her brow as she took more notes. I watched as her face turned into one of horror but she didn't show it for a longer period of time.

"I think I will need time to ponder on this, perhaps tomorrow at the castle of the pony sisters." Twilight yawned sleepily.

Author's Note:

Special thanks to ARchy4288 and sorry for the long update I've been playing a lot of tf2 recently and some league and a little wow