• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 8,353 Views, 266 Comments

My Roommate is a pony? - Meh121

  • ...
92
 266
 8,353

Day Dreaming

Author's Note:

Super duper ultra sorry about the longest break I've had it's just I've had writers block for a while, and learning from past events I'm not gonna cram everything into chapters and make it look sloppy. The reason it took me so long to even write this little bit is that my step mom who has pretty much raised me for my whole live passed about a month and a half ago. Also I want to know if you lovely ladies and gentlemen would like to see a more action packed chapter or a more side lined chapter, don't worry if it's the people would like a bit of a pick up in the story I won't make it a Mary Sue.

I couldn't sleep at all in fact I pretty much gave up on the whole idea of sleep, I had no idea what it was that kept me awake but I honestly didn't care. I sat at the edge of the bed before I decided to get up for a second, this whole thing of going to a castle that has been abandoned seemed strange. Like why was it abandoned? Do thieves or gangs use it as a hideout? I shrugged off the last option after all this was easily one of the most peaceful places ever. Well besides the dragons and crazy evil shadow thingy that would end all days, but hell either than that easily one of the most peaceful places. I slowly got out of bed my feet making contact with the cold floor, the pattering sounds of my sound echoed lightly as I walked to the fridge. I opened it and grabbed the last slice of cake because well cake is fucking amazing. I sat down with a half drank Dr.Pepper and a slice of chocolate cake, it was heavily glazed and the batter was thick and mixed with chocolate chips. The cake was a diabetes to go cake and it was amazing, but I stopped eating it and just left it there as a strange feeling rushed at me like a train wreck.

The anticipation and the excitement we're begging to wear off instead I was panicked ,and now with a frantically and panicked mind I did start thinking and doubting myself and everything else. Would I even come close to my goal or would I be defeated, what if the sword was stolen and wasn't even there it's been so many years and who could even know. Perhaps I was setting myself on to high of a pedestal and it was about to crash down hard, almost like a skyscraper. I looked all around and grabbed the thick darkness, it hanged around my body like a thick fog. It almost seemed to be oozing out of me, I stood up and took a deep breath. The strange part was that the darkness moved as I breathed, I quickly inhaled some of it and saw the visions of a place filled with fire and black rocks. They weren't coal it didn't have the same texture or anything, the rocks were a smooth and glossy yet there were still rough parts all around.

"This must be Tartarus." I whispered, when suddenly I snapped back into reality. I awoke next to Twilight in a panicked sweat, I ruffled the covers enough to awaken her, as I heard her mumble lightly.

"Whe-where..are you..goin..going?" She yawned sleepily her mane and everything still a disheveled mess. Her eyes half open as they begged her to go back to sleep. She lifted her head slightly as half of her body was still meshed with the bed and covers, she sank half way into the soft pillows.

"Uhh I needed to grab a drink of water, would you like one?" I asked making a perfect excuse.

"No but next time try not to make so much noise." She said this time before crashing back out. I looked at her shocked and wished I could fall back asleep that easily.

I tried to piece together the strange events and everything else, was it just a dream? Naturally I started to question what was real and fake, had I been in a coma this whole time, that maybe just maybe my mind has had to set up a false reality to keep itself busy.

"Highly illogical if it was a coma then I would have been able to show you more of Tartarus, but you awoke before I could speak to you in the dream world." A calming yet stern voice said in the shadows.

I did a hard and quick turn sliding a bit on the wood floors, I looked and saw that Luna was right in front where I was standing. I touched her face to see if she was real, and well the swat away from her smooth face was good enough proof.

'Okay so maybe I was going on the crazy train for just a few minutes there, but it won't happen again. Well until it happens again....' I thought still staring slightly down at Luna and of course I didn't notice how long I was staring. It was interrupted by a poke at my face, I shook my whole head and focused. I took a quick mental note to stop focusing on the non important details.