• Published 6th Dec 2020
  • 546 Views, 16 Comments

Halloween Party 2020 - NicLove



a group of O.C. goes to a party at a funeral and get more than they bargained for

  • ...
7
 16
 546

Chapter 4: One more bout

“Dragons who want to eat us! Ghosts who want to haunt us! And a cemetery which we can’t escape from! I now know why you hate Nightmare Night!” Flash cried out as they were racing around the cemetery. “What am I missing?”

“Re remon!” Light exclaimed as he turned the corner.

After running around for a while, Flash and Light crashed into a gigantic pillar.
“Like, Zoinks! What is that?” Flash asked while looking at the big crystal.

“Um… riant ring rop?” Light suggested with a nervous giggle.

“If that’s a ring pop, then I don’t want to see what sucks on that thing.” Flash quipped as he looked at the large gemstone. “Why would something this big be in a cemetery?”

“Because it’s the whole reason for this mess in the first place,” Pearl said as she and Kirouac joined them.

Both boys froze in place as they heard the voice of the giant dragon behind them. “Scoob, please tell me that voice was a figment of my imagination.” Flash begged as he feared to turn around.

“Um. Ru uh.” Light said as he shook his head.

“I was afraid you were going to say that.” Flash admitted as he turned around to see Pearl, looking like she was ready to tear somepony apart. “Zoinks, like what are you going to do?” ShaggyTruth asked while shaking in Light’s arms.

Pearl flexed her claws. “I’m getting rid of that damn crystal is what I’m going to do. Just get out of the way. I’m cooled off from earlier, but I’m still peeved.”

Before anyone could say anything, Pearl started beating and smashing the crystal with all the strength she could muster. It should have been easy. Dragons could eat these easily.

But the crystal didn’t even budge. It wasn’t even cracking. Pearl wasn’t about to risk trying to eat it, and as much as she hated to admit it, she had no idea of how to use her breath weapons. Some Tiamat she was supposed to be.

Kohaku watched carefully as Pearl/Tiamat was slamming her claw into the crystal face over and over. Groaning loudly he reached down into his pouch and pulled out a single kunai knife. Holding it aloft he waited for the right moment. Once her leg was poised upward for one final frustrating blow he threw his knife at the same moment her own claw moved downward. Naruto’s aim was true enough as it hit a crystal’s weakest point, the edge.

With a smile on his lips he watched as her claw struck the back edge of the Kunai, driving it into the crystal as easily as a knife would be driven into bread.

As the crystal crack spread out like spider webs Kohaku looked out at Pearl and Kirouac and all his fear struck him full force once again. Naruto’s courage vanished as quickly as the crystal’s light. gripping the ground he collapsed onto the ground and started to whimper.

Pear watched in surprise as the crystal finally shattered into thousands of tiny pieces. She also saw the kunai fall away, which clued her in on what had happened. she could have kicked herself for not thinking to strike at the edge rather then the face. Gems always were weaker at the edges and points.

Unnoticed, a tiny sliver of the crystal flew down Pearl’s throat as she breathed in. Small enough that she never even noticed she had swallowed it. turning around she saw Kohaku half kneeling in the dirt, his arm stretched out.

I was right, he did help me. Pearl thought to herself as she smiled at him. her smile vanished as she saw his fear again. She couldn’t help but feel a little sorry for him. two dragons standing in front of him. She was still a little peeved at what he had done to her earlier, but she couldn’t really be mad after his help.

“So.. like, what’s going on now?” ShaggyTruth asked.

“I don’t know yet.” Book said as he jumped down next to them and started examining the ruins of the gemstone. “It appeared to be arcanic in nature, it’s main purpose is to use the psychic-creative energy from our costumes and transfer it into our own bodies in its weakest forms. Most likely it was hoping that we’d end up chasing our own tails or that enough ponies would pick villains that we’d tear each other apart.”

“Um… How do you row rat?” Light asked in confusion.

“No clue.” Book admitted. “Maybe the energetic feedback from the gem has allowed our character’s more powerful traits out. Batman’s intelligence…”

“Or…” Kirouac got a little excited as he started to focus on his own body until it shifted into his regular form. A large smile took his face as he felt empowered by this new energy. “Now I am ready for a real fight!”

“Yay! Now we can eat ten sandwiches at once. Now what?” Flash asked as he and Light felt extremely underpowered compared to the others.

Pearl’s ears fell. She had a dragon’s strength and ability to fly. But what good would those be here? Every head of her costume was still very much alive and were now giving her concerned looks.

She had no bucking idea of how to use her breath weapons. There wasn’t exactly an instruction manual for this, and she couldn’t ask the Dragon Queen herself about it.

Kohaku whimpered a little as he fell to the ground on his back, bringing his three tails up he clutched them tight and closed his eyes tight. blinking he opened his eyes and looked down. Three tails, they were back.

“Don’t you ever leave me again!” Kohaku said loudly, clutching his tails and rolling side to side with a tearful smile.

Everypony turned their head, or heads as the case may be, and watched as Kohaku just clutched at his three tails like a child who had found a misplaced keepsake.

Flash looked down at his hoofs, then at a rock and tried to levertate it, only to fail. “For Celestia’s sake…” He muttered as he turned to Light Heart and looked at his forehead & back for a horn & wings.

Light looked irritated that his wings and horn were still gone. “Oh, rome on!!!”

“Then it’s just our character’s abilities.” Book mused as he looked around. “That can’t be all to this place.”

“What do you mean?” Kirouac asked as he was flexing a bit.

“No traps? No consequence for breaking this thing? Why do I feel like there is something we are missing?” Book asked as he started to look antsy.

“Maybe we got an idiot who didn’t think it would happen that did all of this?” The Black headl asked, trying to sound more confident than she felt.

“No. The hotel tried to trap people last year. Somebody with magic like this would adapt, as we have seen.” Book pointed out.

“Are we sure it’s not just Discord screwing with ponies? This sounds like something he’d do,” the White head asked.

“Impossible. He asked me for this mastermind’s autograph, and he would have paraded it to everybody.” Book explained. “There have to be other powers at play.”

“And this definitely doesn’t seem like Discord’s style.”

“Well can you at least stop looking at me like I’m doing it? I just got the short end of the stick. I probably wouldn’t have done anything except for that stupid prank,” the Green head said, giving Kohaku a venomous look.

“I think he’s looking at all of us suspiciously.” Kirouac admitted. “It may be a character trait, or natural. I can’t tell.”

Pearl rolled all of her eyes. “He’s got that part of Batman right, as well as being smart. Now if he can only work on not being a flank hole to everyone all the time,”’ the Blue head said.

“Rood Ruck Rith Rat.” Light said as he rolled his eyes. “He’s only Rotten worse.”

Pearl snickered, the effect somewhat weird seeing as what she was wearing.

HAHAHAHAHA! So, Batman can’t win a popularity contest?” Book’s back tensed up as he heard this new voice.

“If that voice was female, I’d think I’d have a better time.” Book admitted as he turned around.

Blinking lightly Kohaku pushed himself up and looked at the dead tree. shaking his head a little the young fox sat on his rump. “What’s with the creepy looking scarecrow.”

Pearl knew enough about Batman to recognize the figure. “Alright. Whose bright idea was it to invite the psychopath?”

“Zoinks, not me.” Flash said before thinking about something.

Pearl tapped her chin as a thought came to her. “Where did he even come from? I thought we were the only ones in here?”

“Is the beating of our light HEART the only sound?” ShaggyTruth said before laughing.

Pearl didn’t get it as all her heads shared a confused look. “What?”

“I think we’re alone now.. the beating of our light HEART the only sound.” Flash started to sing.

Pearl sighed. “Great. Just great. Now we’re spontaneously doing a musical number. Pinkie warned me this happens a lot in Ponyville.”

“Well if he is going to sing, at least he could do it in tune.” Kohaku flattened his ears slightly.

Pearl wondered if it was too late to bury her heads in the sand and wait till Princess Celestia raised the sun in the morning. This was getting too weird for her.

“Guys, I should warn you that nothing I have faced is as dangerous as this human. These criminals are a lot less squeamish about killing.” Book said as he got into a fighting stance.

As the group was looking around frantically, a cloaked pony with syringes coming out of his hooves jumped out at them, seeming to be fixated on the group. “Why, you are big, but the mighty always fall fast to fear.

Pearl tried to look tough, but it only worked so much. “You don’t scare me. Princess Twilight on re-organising day? Now that’s scary.”

Scarecrow laughed at the young filly. “You don’t know the meaning of fear, but I will show you.” He said as he raised a hoof towards her before being struck by a batterange.

“Watch out for his fear gas! It brings out your worst fears!” Book exclaimed as he tried to figure out how to handle this foe as the dark knight.

Flash walked between them, punching him in the face, wanting to see if he had Ultimate Shaggy's power.

“Raggy!” Light screamed as he quickly tackled Flash out of the way, seeing that he wasn’t going to have an effect on the batman villain.

A loud child’s scream echoed over the entire graveyard. Kohaku trembled as he saw the shadow’s around the tree spring to life. nine tendrils spearing out trying to stab at the young kitsune. He watched in horror as the Shadows took the form of a massive nine tailed kitsune with glowing amber eyes.

“It can’t be… no you're not real. Go away!”

“Come to me Kohaku… you know this is who you are!” the shadow fox roared as the young boy pushed himself away. “What you were always meant to be.”

“No… No never.. I’ll never be that again.” Kohaku cried out.

“Come and we’ll drink the souls of all who are in this place. the dragons will never hurt you, Not like they did your grandparents…” The shadow fox laughed malevolently. “I know you can still hear their screaming at night.”

Kohaku thrust his paws out yelling as hard as he could. Trying desperately to call on his foxfire which wouldn’t answer his calls. His three tails making all the proper symbols as he spoke the words over and over again.

“Rin, Hyo, Toh, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!”

“Forget it, you don't have it in you anymore. Join with me. and we’ll show that five headed pretender what true power is.” The shadow fox opened his mouth, it’s gleaming black teeth glistening in the moonlight as it pointed at Pearl.

“NO!, I’ll never hurt Pearl! She’s my friend! I don't ever want to hurt anyone ever again!” Kohaku cried as his tears streamed down his face.

Kohaku! Snap out of it! We need you!” The hazy voice of Pearl called out as the group was trying to adjust to this new situation.

“And what would you know of helping? Maybe to help yourself at the most. Sister,” a voice behind Pearl said. Something in it made her blood run cold, and for the first time, the other heads of the costume looked worried and scared, as she spun around.

Behind her was the largest dragon she had ever seen. His platinum scales stood out even in the night. His eyes though blazed with a fury that made the filly shrink back in fear.

Her other heads though seemed to know who the other drake was, for their own shock was so evident that it was overriding Pearl’s own. “You. You’re not real,” the White head said, in a voice that was not Pearl’s own.

The other drake smiled. “I’m real enough to end this charade of yours, Tiamat. You say you’re different here, that you’re not like other worlds. Yet you have shown you have not changed a bit.”

Pearl shivered in fright. She had no idea of what the other dragon was talking about, and she didn’t think she wanted to know. “But I don’t want to do that anymore.”

He chuckled as he leaned in snout to snout. “If you had changed like you claim you have, you would never have considered doing so in the first place. This world will be better off without you.”

Pearl tried to back away, to make her legs move or her wings to take her to safety. But she couldn’t move. Her whole body was frozen in fear. And it wasn’t just herself that saying this.

Her other heads were all but begging her to run, to flee this thing that wanted her dead, She couldn’t fight this. Pearl could try, and she would be ripped to shreds.

Kohaku closed his eyes and whimpered. He felt the shadow’s claws wrap around his small body. Trembling he clutched at his own chest as the tears fell down his face.

“Shhh hush now quiet now.” a soft loving voice whispered in his ear as he was rocked back and forth. “shhh it can’t hurt you anymore.” he couldn’t hear anything now but the sound of her soothing voice and the warm embrace of her fore legs holding him close.

The small fox put his paws on his new mom’s fluff he sniffled as she smiled down at him. “really?”

Buttercup nodded slowly softly caressing his hair with her hoof. “yes.”

“But what if it comes back? what if I…” a yellow feather to his mouth silenced the ten year old boy. he looked to the side to see his adopted big sister Fluttershy next to his mom

“Then you won’t be alone, you’ll have your friends and family by your side. you won't ever have to face it alone again.”

“Even if we aren't there, we’ll always be with you.” A loving voice thundered around him. He could feel her dark storm clouds like a loving embrace. Looking up the young ten year old saw the face of his eldest sister, her dark grey fur and multicolored lightning shaded eyes smiling at him. “Your family is always with you, remember what we always taught you about our power.” Behind her three other vixens smiled at him.

“It's from the love of our family, our friends. and is always strongest when using it for others.”

Panting heavily, Kohaku opened his eyes and looked past the shadow. There he saw Pearl cowering before the largest dragon he had ever laid his eyes on. It’s head reared back as it took a long deep breath. “no…” He whispered to himself as he pushed himself.

The shadows around him swirled about, the large fox laughed loudly but Kohaku couldn't hear it. Pushing himself upward, Kohaku tossed his jacked up against it’s head before leaped off the shadows head and dashed hard toward Pearl.

Pearl shut her eyes tight as she heard the dragon inhale. She knew what was coming. Desperately she tried to get her legs to move but they still wouldn't answer her call. All she could do was fall to her belly and pray that something would make this nightmare end. Seconds passed like hours as she waited for the flames to erupt around her.

“oh wow… you may want to watch this.” The blue head said with a small hint of awe.

Pearl blinked as she opened her eyes and looked up. Standing in front of her was Kohaku. He had discarded his jacket and she could see his bright markings. all of which were glowing bright amber. her eyes widened as she saw that Bahamut was breathing it’s deadly breath down on the two of them.

“what the…” was all she could say. around the two of them was a dome of emerald flames keeping the death at bay.

“Nobody Hurts My FRIENDS!!” Kohaku yelled out at Bahamut. as he yelled his flames intensified, almost pushing the breath weapon back. “I’ll never let a dragon take something from me ever again!”

Behind her she saw the shadow fox laughing as it strolled closer. one of it’s nine tails whipping off Kohaku’s jacket from it’s head “Neat little trick, but it won’t save you, or her. I’ll have you again boy… and then together we’ll devour them all.”

Pearl growled as she turned to face the shadow creature. “You’re one to talk. As annoying and as much of a pain in the flank Kohaku is, he wouldn’t do any of that,” Pearl hissed.

“You think you know him? you don’t know the darkness in his heart. I’ll have him again, even if I have to go through you.”

“It’s five against one. Try and see how it turns out for you,” the other heads said, wrapping themselves around Pearl’s own Red head so they could all glare at the shadow.

The Shadow Fox roared louder with its laughter. “You against me? your strength is all you have. Fine, I don’t even need the boy to take you out.”

Kohaku groaned louder as his foxfire shield pushed back the inferno. looking back he placed a tail on Pearl’s shoulder.

“Pearl. I’m really sorry for causing you grief. I promise I’ll explain why I pick on you so much later. but you have to destroy that thing, My power is useless against it.”

“I’ll see what I can do, but I can’t even use my breath weapons.” Pearl looked back with her white and blue heads as she slammed her claws against the massive fox in front of her.

“You have them, just feel inside of you for your secondary lungs. Each head has one, filled with a magical essence. breath in normally and then exhale from them.”

“I’ll try.” Pearl bit down on her lips and turned the two heads back to her target.

“Admirable that you are teaching the girl about dragons when you despise us so much.” Bahamut said as he canceled his breath attack. “I admire your bravery, but if you're going to defend my dark sister, then I shall have to destroy you as well little fox.”

“You can try.”

“And just how do you propose to stop me, your fire can only protect you for so long.”

“You're right, but I have more than one trick up my sleeves as it were.” Kohaku said in unison with two other Kohaku’s now moving up on either side of Bahamut.

“What is this.. Illusion.” The massive dragon asked as he shifted his gaze to the other two Kohaku’s, Both of which sat down and held their paws out as the main Kohaku did the same.

“Oh no this is real, very real indeed.” Each Kohau grinned before yelling out in unison. “Rin, Hyo, Toh, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen.” As he spoke and made the appropriate seals with his tails. Nine Pillars of vines erupted from the ground and wrapped around the massive dragon, pulling it to the ground. completely immobilize it.

“What is this? You think this tiny prison can contain my power?” Bahamut roared as the trio of Kohaku’s leaped up onto it’s chest.

“No. Not forever, but it doesn’t need to.” Kohaku sighed out as the other two vanished like dust in the wind. “What ever created you, can’t hold it forever. I realized something important when I saw you attacking Pearl. I’m not Naruto. and she’s not Tiamat. My demon came from me, her’s came from the costume. and neither is as powerful as the real thing.”

Sighing Kohaku walked up closer and looked Bahamut in the eyes. “Submit, you have been defeated and you can leave with your honor intact.”

“You will take responsibility should Tiamat arise from her and destroy your world?”

“No, I’ll see to it that never happens.” Hearing those words Bahamut grind and sighed, nodding it’s large head before vanishing into the dust.

As the large dragon vanished Kohaku collapsed onto the ground panting heavily. the weight of his words and promise were heavy. Turning his head he watched the others fighting their battles. Turning his head back he watched Pearl.

Pearl tried to feel what Kohaku had mentioned. She soon did feel her secondary lungs. How she hadn’t felt them earlier was beyond her. “Oh. Twilight is going to give me an earful if she hears about this,” she grumbled to herself. “She’s told me to always feel for everything before I do something.”

“You were not born with them. It is no surprise you didn’t feel them sooner,” the green head said as she smiled at her.

Pearl blinked. That was not her voice, and as her other heads turned to smile at her, she felt there was someone else there with her. But it was just them. “What’s going on? Who are you?”

The blue head giggled. “Is this really the time to worry about that?” She asked.

The white head nodded. “When this is over, it will be made clear.”

The black head nodded as he looked back at the shadow fox. “And I have a sudden hunger for fox meat. This will have to do.”

They chuckled at the idea before turning back to the fox before then. With no idea if this would even work, Pearl breathed in with her regular mouth.

Her black head breathed out a haze of corrosive acid, while her white head breathed out what looked like a haze of cold, while the green head breathed a noxious haze of some kind of gas, while the blue head shot out a bolt of lightning.

Pearl felt all of them as if she was breathing in and out normally. The Red head though, where her own head was, breathed out a wall of flames, and even Pearl herself added her own as she was able to breath fire from her own mouth.

The shadow, nowhere near as powerful as the real Kohaku, never stood a chance against all five breath weapons. And even if Pearl’s wasn’t as powerful as what Tiamat herself could do, it was enough to vaporize the shadow, blowing it away as if it was nothing but a horrible dream.

Pearl cut off her breath weapons as soon as the shadow was destroyed, panting a little, but her grin was big enough that it might have made Pinkie Pie herself jealous. “I wonder if that’s how Spike feels when he does that,” she chuckled.

“I think it is. it’s how I feel when I use my foxfire.” Kohaku chuckled as he looked up at his friend. “I knew you could do it.”

“Now about that promise.” Pearl walked up and looked down at Kohaku, all five heads glaring at him.

“Later, we have to get out of here.” Kohaku put a paw on her large shoulder and pulled himself up onto her back. much to the annoyance of the all five heads.

“Comfy?” Pearl asked, grumbling a little. She couldn’t quite be that mad, she saw how weak and wobbly he was. “And just how are we going to do that, the entrance is sealed shut.”

“Not really, just moved.” Kohaku sighed. “I saw it the second my shadow was vanquished. Whatever is keeping us here, is using some next level illusion spells. It probably didn’t count on my kind’s ability to create and see through illusions.”

Pearl tilted all five heads questionably. “So where is the exit.”

Reaching up Kohaku pointed to a solid stone wall. “Right there. just run in that direction as fast as you can.”

“Wait what about the others. we can help them too. can’t we?”

“Pearl, I’m as weak as a newborn right now and your breath weapons are spent.” Kohaku half growled “besides, they are adults. They can handle this themselves. We’re the only two children here. They would want us to be safe. now get going.”

“As annoying as the welp is, he is right. Your strength is all you have at the moment. And that will only do so much now,” the black head said.

“And don’t get used to this. The Dragon Queen is not being used as someone else's ride,” the blue and green heads said, turning around and pointedly glaring at Kohaku.

“Don’t worry, I’m not enjoying this. besides if I’m right, the second we leave this place you’ll return to your normal size.”

Pearl nodded before turning around and galloped at full speed toward the stone wall. As it got closer a pain of fear struck her. “Are you sure this is it?”

“Yes, just close your eyes and trust me for once will you.” Kohaku groaned.

Shaking her head she had only a split second to decide. Closing her eyes she put on as much speed as she could. After a few seconds, when she should have found herself splat against a solid stone wall. she was tripping over her own tail sending her and kohaku rolling into a nearby tree.

“See.. I told you it would work” Kohaku said as he laid there, upside down against the tree. his voice having regained its strength as he looked at a now normal sized Pearl. Who was half tangled in her costume.

Ten feet away was the entrance to the graveyard, still bearing the hole that she had kicked Kohaku through earlier that night. Pushing herself up Pearl straightened her heads which had now gone limp.

“Okay now about that promise.” She said in a huff. “Why do you always torment me so much!”

With a smile and chuckle he looked up at her. “Oh I thought that would have been obvious by now. It’s because you're my friend. I always tease and play tricks on those I care for. you should have seen the pranks I’ve pulled on Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.”

“What about Sweetie Belle? I never see you prank her.”

“There’s a reason for that, one if I tried she always stops me. Her nose is quite attuned to my scent, and knows when i’m up to something. I never could get anything over on her. Amateresu bless me I love that girl. And there’s another reason I don’t.” He chuckled “if I even tried. she’d withhold certain things I like. kisses, massages. and brushing my three tails.”

Pearl gagged. “If that’s what it’s like to be in love, I’ll stay single.”

Laughing loudly, Kohaku pushed himself down from the tree and laid out on his stomach. “I can’t say that’s what it’s always like. She and I are just a little more amorous then other kids our age. and it’s not like that’s all we do, we just enjoy being with each other. like the best of friends. so give yourself a few years. who knows your mind might change.”

Pearl scoffed and sat back against the tree crossing her front legs against her chest. “I doubt it. so does this mean you're still going to pull those annoying pranks on me.”

“Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly.” Was his response. “Don’t worry, at least you know I only do it because I care about ya as a friend. Besides you really have to loosen up a little. I know you like playing the tough girl. what having grown up on those mean streets and all. But I grew up in there.” Kohaku pointed at the Everfree Forest with his tails.

“Having tough skin is nice and all, but having fun at our age. that’s where it’s all about.”

Pearl rolled her eyes. “Twilight says that all the time. But she was a shut in nerd for years, so what does she know? You’re still a pain in the flank.”

Nodding softy he crossed his front legs and laid his head down. “yeah, but I’m one that won’t ever go away. and as for Twilight, she knows a lot. I think she understands that she wasted her childhood. and doesn’t want you to waist yours.”

“Besides, knowing and understanding how fragile and short pony life is compared to my own. I don’t want you to waste it either.”

Pearl couldn’t argue that, but like Tartarus she would ever tell him that. She would never hear the end of it. She’d never hear the end of tonight and how he’d helped her, as it was.

“Oh relax, I’m not going to brag about it, that’s not who I am. You think I want others to know how I flinched at my own shadow.” Raising his paw he quickly silenced what she was about to say. “No, I can’t read minds, But I can guess what you're thinking. I’ve been thinking the same thing.”

Closing his eyes he yawned and rested his head down on his front legs. his tails curling up at his side. “I’m going to catch a quick nap. could you wake me when the others finally escape. it might be better if we all head back to Ponyville together.” without so much as waiting for her response, Kohaku fell asleep.

Pearl just rolled her eyes and tried to make herself comfortable. But she still had a lot of questions.

Namely, why her costume had acted like it did near the end. That hadn’t been her talking at several points. And there was still that feeling that something else had been there beside her during the whole night.

She looked at the costume’s heads, now lifeless and limp, nothing more than just part of her costume.

It couldn’t be who she thought it could have been. Could it?

...

Nah. That was just silly. Too much candy and excitement for one night. And Pearl was more than happy to call it a night.

While the fox and dragon loving pegasus were running out of the Cemetery, Kirouac was fighting an army of Scooby Doo villains. From Charlie The Knight Doctor to the Space Cave-CreeperCaptain. From Redbeard Cutler to Mr. Hyde the Phantom Snow Clown. . Kirouac fighted most of them off, picking tombstones with one claw and chacking at their bodies, opening his wings to make a tornado, blasting them with magic, and trying to finish them with his fire-breath.) He started to pant as he wondered how long this form would hold out. “How.. many are there?” He asked.

“Like Zoinks, I don’t know.” Flash said before putting on a disguise to hide from All-for-One, and the HeroKiller.

“Like I’m doing better on quantity?” Book asked as he was trying to face the joker, two face, and scarecrow.

“Um… Ran we Ro Home Now?” Light asked as he was hiding behind a tombstone.

“We can’t!” Kirouac said. “We have to fight on, with a smile on our face, to keep hope on!” He said getting overwhelmed by All-Might’s moontra.

“Justice needs to be done! We still don’t know the cause of this madness!” Book called out as the others couldn’t tell if this was Batman’s stubbornness or Book’s.

“And together we can be Justice!” Flash said before finishing the last touch of his Shaggy’s disguise, a mop head to go along with the makeshift mask and cape. He started walking to the bad guys, and somehow managed to not only trick them but confuse them that the other M.H.A. villing was him.

Light was just feeling like he was powerless right now. He didn’t have powers or skills like the others, and even with some of his own sanity back, he was still terrified of the fight going on around him.

Flash walked to his best friend, still in his disguise and sat next to him. “Light! What’s wrong?”

“I want to ro home!” Light cried, whimpering as he was still shivering in fear. “We shouldn’t be Righting in ris Reepy Race.”

“I know, and understand.” Flash said while petting his friend's head. “But this time, we now have something better than old plane unicorn magic.” Flash told him. “Cartoon Logic!”

“Rut Ris isn’t what you Romised! We were supposed Ro have fun. Ris is rust like Rast year!” Light said as he looked like he was going to cry. “I’m Rired of Reing Rared for my life.”

Flash petted Light’s winged back. “I know, and when you get out of here we are both going straight back to your place and not coming out until sunrise.” He promised his best friend.

“Rut why ran’t we reave now?” Light asked as he tried to wipe away his tears.

Flash giggled. “Well… we go play dress up!” Flash said with a smile while turning his head to watch All-for-One fighting the HeroKiller.

“Hey Book! I don’t think we can keep this up all night!” Kirouac cried out as he was starting to feel like he was reaching his limit.

“I know.. we just need to find a way to…” Book was about to say before seeing Flash and Light wearing bedsheets. Both were doing pretty lousy impressions of ghosts, but it was now clear that they were trying to escape. Book’s attention then went to the other innocent people we were frantically trying to fight their own enemies to various results. Book knew what he wanted was justice, but he had to be a guardian first. “Kirouac, change of plans! We need to get everybody out of here now!”

“Yes but…” Kirouac looked around not seeing Pearl nor Kohaku. “Excluding the bad-guys, I think we are the only last ones left.” He said with a bit of resentment.

“The blind girl? the spy? The plushie? Look, we’re supposed to be heroes, but we need to remember the priorities! We protect the innocent first then find justice. If you are hope then you will use what’s left of your powers to get the others out while I provide a smokescreen.” Book explained as he kicked the gun away from the Joker’s hands. “Kirouac… I wanted to beat this thing, but… I think we’re at a stalemate.”

“Personally I call that poor writing and refuse to bring about a solid conclusion on where the Joker came from and how he keeps single-handedly beating the best of them all.” Flash said while going around with Light and tapping villains on the shoulder. “Hey, Joker says that your momma wears combat boots.” He said while Light was nodding eagerly.

The villains were starting to look enraged as they were starting to fight each other. As several people were starting to leave, Light yelped as he saw a somewhat familiar face. “Remon!”

“Hey, I may be a lawyer, but I’m not a bad pony.” Mind said as a small joke, going with her character’s background. “You know, this is a lousy party. Everybody’s running around and screaming, and I haven’t been able to get a bit of candy.” She said as she held up her candy bucket, looking clueless about the ghosts around her.”

Flash just looked at her. “Mind… what do you see around you?” He asked her

“Oh, I forgot the eye holes in my mask. Now how am I supposed to see?” Mind asked with a dryly sarcastic tone.

Flash rolled his eyes. “I mean what do you think is going around you?” He clarified.

“Well, there is some stuff going on over there that is hazy.” Mind said as she pointed to where the fight was. “And there are some crazy party props, but it’s mainly ponies running and screaming due to some dumb props.” Mind said as she walked straight through a ghost. “Also, I think it’s rather drafty around here.” She added with a small shiver.

“Um… Mind… we are you in a real Cemetery, fighting real monsters that are dressed up as Mostly Scooby Doo villains, some Batman ones, 2 M.H.A., but mostly Scooby Doo ones.” Flash slowly said.

“Are you sure that this isn’t the real party?” Mind asked innocently as she was trying to figure this place out. “That explains why a few guys tried grabbing me. At least I don’t need to worry about explaining why I hit them to Book.”

Kirouac had overheard that. “Hey! no pony disrespect social distancing!” He said before throwing a big rock at one of the monsters that was trying to sneak up on Mind.

“Well, that was a waste of a night.” She said with a disheartened sigh. “I’m outta here.”

“First we need to find a way out of here!” Flash said before realizing that Book and him were the only two that couldn’t just fly out. “ok, Book and I have to find a way.”

“I’m busy! Have Light do it!” Book called out as he was trying to keep the focus away from the others.

Flash turned to his friend. “Light, could you carry your brother over the wall?” He asked. “While Kirouac carries me!?”

“Hu? Um… I Rave a Rore wing.” Light tried to lie, not liking the idea of flying up and becoming a sitting duck.

“If you want I’ll ask Kirouac to carry both your brother and me.” Flash said before turning around and seeing All-For-One right in front of him. “Then again…” He whimpered as he realized that he just blew his disguise.

“So, you are the one causing discord in the ranks?” The mighty villain asked as he picked Flash up with one hand.

Flash whimpered as he cried out. “SCOOBY DOO!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?”

As Flash closed his eyes in fear, hearing a loud shockwave as a strong gust of wind rushed past his body. Flash whimpered as he started to fear that his daughters were going to be orphaned. As he weakly opened his eyes, he saw Light standing in front of him, his costume now tore to shreds. However, Light’s body was now a size that could compare to Luna’s. His mane and tail were glowing along with his eyes, as he was holding back the fist of this villain.

Nopony… hurts my friends!” Light said in a voice that didn’t sound like his own as he swiped at the hand that was holding Flash, knocking the crystal pony to the ground. “Now, you wanted to kill my friend? I’ll return the favor!” Light sneered as he landed a solid punch to the titan of a man, sending him flying across the cemetery.

Book and Kirouac both stopped and froze in shock as they saw Light’s outburst, and the damage it caused to the battlefield. “Sweet mother of Celestia, Twilight was right.” Book muttered softly under his breath.

“What do you mean?” Kirouac asked curiously. “And how does he throw punches as hard as my character?”

“We’re getting out of here… now!” Book said as a glimmer of fear entered his eyes.

“What do you…” Before Kirouac can ask about Light’s power burst, they heard gunshots as the Joker fired a few shots at Light, who was now a clear threat.

Light barely seemed fazed as he turned to the other villains in rage. “So, you all wanted to hurt him too?!? Fine!!! I’LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!” Light screamed as he lunged at the villains, showing no form of restraint as he was tearing the cemetery apart in an unholy rage.

“It’s called bystanders getting injured, and we’re going to be the casualties!” Book said as he instantly started running for Mind. “Run for it!” Book called out as he shot a grappling hook towards the wall.

Kirouac quickly ran to the dazed Flash and picked him up, taking a large leap as they flew out of the cemetery, watching as shockwaves of rubble rippled through the cemetery.

As Book looked back at the rubble, he caught a glimpse of a pony wearing a plague mask. He seemed eerily silent while holding some kind of lantern that was releasing a white mist. He stared at Book for a minute, seeming disappointed in some way as he watched the dark knight retreat.

He couldn’t say how, but Book had a feeling that this disappointment didn’t come from the retreat, but something about Book himself.

As Book started to think about trying to focus an assault on the pony, the mysterious stranger simply closed the lantern, causing this mysterious place to disappear, leaving a cold dark mist in its place.

“Is everybody alright?” Book asked as he looked at the others, trying to assess the fallout.

“We are, but what happened to Light?” Kirouac asked as he was trying to figure out what happened.

“I think he scared our host off.” Book admitted as Mind as brushing herself off while walking towards the other kids.

“Book, he did a superhero punch. Scooby Doo doesn’t do that.” Flash said as he was trying to catch his breath after that harrowing ordeal.

“Light does… or did once.” Book said as he took off his mask. “There was a time when my brother went into the Everfree forest to try and find a missing filly. I’m leaving out a lot of details surrounding it, but when we found him and the filly, the filly had a few claw marks on her. Light was unscratched.” He explained before he turned to the others. “They were both lying in the middle of acres of shattered trees and craters.”

“Wow… that sounds like an interesting case.” Mind said, looking interested by this for some weird reason.

“Light was completely drained of energy and magic. It took him a while to recover. There was adrenaline in his blood test results, so there was a theory that Twilight made about him.” Book said as he sat down, looking frustrated by this. “She thought that since Light is a young alicorn, this may be a form of adrenaline rush. Since Light doesn’t deal with as many stressful situations as her, he releases larger bursts, granting him a power boost for a short amount of time.”

“So.. like All-Might when pushing over 100%?” Kirouac asked.

“Something like that. It’s just not something I’ve seen in person.” Book admitted with a gulp.

“Well, I had better go check on the others.” Kirouac said as he started to fly off.

“Wait! What about Light?” Flash asked, fearing that he may have been taken away with the cemetery.

“He’s over there.” Mind said as she pointed to the thick cloud of mist.

The group watched as Light was staggering out of the mist, now normal sized once more, and looking extremely tired as he fell onto his knees. “You know… next year… I’m gonna go outta town…” Light muttered softly as he started to pass out.

“Next year, how about you’re Tintin and I’ll be Snowy!?” Flash offered as he caught his best friend with his magic.

Book and Kirouac quickly ran to the unconscious alicorn and started to check him. “Passed out, just like last time.” Book said as he could see that Light was alright.

“Book, did you see it in person last time?” Kirouac asked as he wondered how such a nervous alicorn could do something like this.

“I only heard of the aftermath. Long story.” Book briefly skilled the details as he looked once more at the now clear field. “Kirouac, find the other kids. Flash and I will take Light to a hospital.” He ordered as he motioned Flash to help

“Well, so much for my night.” Mind said with a small frown. “I ended up in the wrong party and didn’t get a bite of candy.”

Flash looked at the kid in pity before reaching into his bag to grab the bag of candy that he and Light bought ahead of time for the party. He didn’t even bother opening the large bag before placing it in her bucket. “Here you go. Don’t eat it all in one place.”

“Thanks.” Mind said happily before hugging Flash’s neck.

Flash winced at his neck being touched, but he tried to not let it show.

“Alright. Let’s drag my little brother out of here.” Book said as he started to move Light’s body away from the mess that they left behind. “Luna’s going to love this story.”


From outside the Cemetery, Pearl too had seen the plague doctor. Something told her that this wouldn’t be the last she would see of him.

Moaning a little, Kohaku rolled over to his otherside mumbling something about fish before nomming on one of his own tails.

Pearl sighed as she lay back against the tree. “I’ll never understand what Sweetie sees in him.”

“Love, we can’t understand it, nor can we control it’s unstoppable force.” Kirouac said with a small chuckle as he landed next to her.

Pearl rolled her eyes. “I already told Kohaku this. But if that’s what love is like, I’m staying single.”

“Oh.. poor Spike, I get why he would have to date Kohaku’s fillyfriend’s older sister.” Kirouac said as a joke.

Pearl rolled her eyes. “I’m too tired to have a comeback for that.”

“Do you want me to take you home?” Kirouac asked while Flash was getting off his back.

Pearl shook her head as she stood and stretched for all it was worth. “I can get myself home. But I don’t know the way back to Ponyville from here.”

Kirouac smiled. “Get on my back!” He said while opening up his Big (lever/bat) wing, that was covered with feathers.

Pearl grumbled, but was too sore to say no to a free ride, and so got on his back. “I swear that if you tell anyone about this.”

“You’ll deny it?” He asked with a wink.

Pearl just puffed out her cheeks in what could only be described as an adorable pout, but didn’t respond for a moment. “No. I’m telling Princess Twilight about this. I’ve got too many questions about what happened to me.”

“Ok, queen of the dragons.” Kirouac said before kneeling and bowing to Pearl. “Let the Kingly half dragon handle the rest from here.”

Pearl smirked a little but nodded her head a little. reaching out she shook Kohaku’s shoulder. “Hey, wake up. I’m leaving.”

Kohaku yawned and lifted his head. Looking about he noticed Kirouac. “Choosing the dragon knight over the princeling fox. eh, can’t blame ya.” he chuckled out and playfully nudged her with one of his tails. “Well sense your guardian has shown up. and it seems nopony else has found the way out. I’ll take my leave as well.” Looking up at the moon he smiled.

“Hmmm just after midnight,” Rolling his head a bit, Kohaku sat upright. “Tell the princess I said hi. and I’ll see you in school.” Strolling past Pearl, Kohaku stopped and Kirouac and looked up at him.

“I’m not entirely sure of what unholy union you were spawned from.” Reaching up kohaku slugged the half dragon’s shoulder lightly. “But you're not half bad. You fight almost as well as All-Might himself. It also seems like I found another manga fanatic. just like Spike. You know I can’t stand him either. However, we do have a group manga club every other weekend. You're welcome to tag along if you like.” Kohaku didn’t wait for his reply but walked on waving his tail.

“Pearl? could I talk to you for a moment.” Kohaku moved away out of earshot of Kirouac.

“Ah, sure.. one second” she said looking up at her new friend and walked over to Kohaku. “What do you want?”

“About what you heard, what my demon said.”

“You mean about your grandparents? Yeah. I heard it.” She said with a sigh.

“Do you mind keeping it to yourself? Only my mom, Fluttershy, Sweetie Belle, and Twilight know about it.” kicking the dirt with his paw he turned his gaze away. “if you want to discuss it with them that’s fine. just… please. don’t say anything to anyone else, well at least our school mates.”

Pearl wasn’t sure why Kohakus insisted on keeping it a secret, but let it never be said she was one to spill someone else's secrets. “Fine. I won’t tell anyone. I am pretty good at keeping a secret.”

Nodding he gave her a quick hug and smile as he stretched out again “Thanks. I just. I don't want to soil anypony’s ideas about dragons. I know how tenuous some of their relations are. if they knew that dragons slaughtered a peaceful people because of fear and racial hatred.” Shaking his head wildly, Kohaku slapped either side of his face with his tails. “Well the nights waning fast and I’m ready for bed. Night.” Kohaku started a brisk run toward Ponyville’s outskirts and was gone altogether once he entered the Everfree Forest border.

Pearl sighed as she watched him vanish. He was still a pain in the flank, but after all of this? She could put up with his constant immaturity better than she used to.

She would never tell Kohaku that of course. Oh no. He’d just use it as more ammunition against her. And something inside of her said that his pranking might be a little less now that she understood him better. Sniffing the air a bit she shook her head a little and looked around wondering if it had rained while they were inside the graveyard. She didn’t think so with the dry ground.

what is making that odd yet sweet smell. I’ve only ever smelled it after a rainstorm. She thought while walking back to Kirouac. Stopping dead in her path she looked back remembering something he said about how Sweetie Belle knew he was around. His scent, petrichor, the smell of dust after rain. A smile crossed her lips she could use this information but also wondered if he purposely left it for her, or if it was a random occurrence. Even when being helpful he’s still a pain. Ahhh how does Sweetie Belle put up with this. this is going to drive me crazy for hours trying to figure that out.

“You’re ok?” Kirouac asked her. “Oh, and by the way, you can tell your friend that both of my parents are married to each other, and it was a happy loving marriage. The best (80-90) years of my dad’s life.”

Leaning in he gave Pearl a little wink. “And don’t worry, I won’t spill the beans on our little friend. At least now I understand his attitude toward us dragons.”

Pearl nodded. What else could she say? No matter how bad Kohaku had been, knowing what she did now, it made more sense. To some degree anyway.

As for what he had promised to the dragon that had almost killed her? Pearl didn’t think he could actually do it, though she didn’t doubt Kohaku would try.

He was too stubborn.