• Published 17th Dec 2020
  • 1,214 Views, 10 Comments

I'd Like That - CapNTilfy



Sunset Shimmer and Wallflower Blush have a special day together.

  • ...
4
 10
 1,214

Love and Memories

Wallflower Blush slowly woke up, opening her eyes to a wonderful sight she had seen every morning for the last couple of years. A sight that she would always love and cherish: Sunset Shimmer, her girlfriend. Her everything. Her beautiful, angelic horsegirl, was sound asleep right next to her. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth was open. Her wonderful, wonderful hair was a slight mess from the gentle tosses and turns she went through before succumbing to slumber.

Wallflower's heart fluttered as she resisted an urge to gently stroke Sunset's cheek. She just looked so precious when she was asleep! Actually... she always looked precious.

"Everyone matters, Wallflower. No matter how insignificant and invisible they feel."

Wallflower's heart fluttered again at Sunset's words. Since that day, she had got to know and bonded with her and six of the best and closest friends anybody could have asked for.

As the days went by, more and more people began to notice her, and not just because she became friends with the popular girls at Canterlot High. No, Wallflower got noticed by her own merits! Her green thumb and social awkwardness endeared her to the student body as she gradually integrated into the group, thus becoming the eighth girl in that close circle of friends!

"But Princessipal Celestia... I wanna go to the Grand Fall Galloping Formal Gala," Sunset muttered in her sleep.

Wallflower stifled a laugh. So very precious. She got off of the bed with a smile, then went to take a shower.


Sunset Shimmer slowly opened her eyes and found that her bed was missing a Wallflower Blush. She heard the sound of shower water running, then smiled. She felt truly lucky to have found someone like her. She remembered beaming with pride, watching her as she slowly bloomed from... well, a wallflower, to a happy and passionate woman.

Sunset had understood all too well the sadness and loneliness that Wallflower had suffered, and that was what had caused their bond to gradually deepen. She laughed softly as she remembered when she started to develop feelings for her. She had been so worried when she decided to fess up...

Sunset's heart pounded in her chest. She had asked Wallflower to meet up with her. She'd faced down Equestrian magic time and time again, but this? This was genuinely terrifying to her! She'd had crushes on other students, but not one of her closest friends!

"Sunset?"

Sunset yelped as she was snapped out of her reverie. She turned around to see Wallflower, who was blushing.

"A-Are you okay," Wallflower asked shakily.

"Y-Yeah, I-I'm fine," Sunset said in the same tone as she felt heat rise to her own face.

An awkward silence fell between the two as they simply stared into each other's eyes, and Sunset decided to summon up some willpower. She clenched her fist, then took a deep breath and exhaled. Her heart was still pounding furiously, but she had to tell her. She needed to bite the bullet.

Sunset looked directly into Wallflower's eyes. "Wallflower... I-I have a crush on you."

Wallflower's blush deepened as her eyes widened. She walked forward as her expression shifted from surprise to calm, then stopped in front of Sunset. "So do I," she said softly. "I-I mean, I have a crush on you too."

Relief and joy flowed through Sunset as she embraced Wallflower. "The Fall Formal's coming up," she said softly. "Would you join me," she asked, despite knowing what her new girlfriend would say.

Wallflower sighed happily in Sunset's arms. "Yeah... I'd like that."

Sunset yawned and stretched, then got out of bed. She'd have to make some breakfast!


Wallflower got out of the shower and dried herself off as the scent of eggs, hash browns and coffee filled her nostrils. She smiled, eager to eat breakfast and hug and kiss the best thing that ever happened to her! She quickly got dressed, then hurried downstairs.

Once downstairs, Wallflower walked to the kitchen where she saw Sunset in the midst of cooking breakfast. She slowly walked up to her, making sure she wasn't using a knife or handling a pot. When she saw it was safe, she slowly wrapped her arms around Sunset's waist and rested her head on her shoulder. "Morning, Sunshine," she said softly, then pecked her on the cheek.

Sunset reached behind herself and gently stroked Wallflower's hair as she turned her head and pecked her on the lips. "Morning, Wally," she purred.

Wallflower smiled warmly. Every time she and Sunset kissed, it brought back one memory in particular...

Sunset and Wallflower arrived at Wallflower's house. The two smiled at each other, as they both had definitely felt a connection with each other that night. The looks they gave each other. The way they danced together. That one song that played...

It had been a truly magical night.

Sunset got out of her car, then hurried to the passenger side as Wallflower unbuckled her seatbelt. She opened the door, then walked Wallflower to her front door.

The two gazed at each other dreamily, enjoying a more than companionable silence until Wallflower spoke.

"...Sunset?"

"Yeah?"

"I-I know this might seem really silly to ask, but... can I k-kiss you goodbye?"

Sunset blushed furiously for a moment, then smiled. "Yeah. I'd like that."

Sunset and Wallflower slowly neared each other, then gently planted their lips together. Warmth spread throughout their bodies as adrenaline surged and hearts thundered. They broke the kiss, then touched foreheads, laughing softly.

"Wow," Sunset whispered.

"Yeah," Wallflower said softly. "Wow."

Wallflower let go of Sunset, gently caressing her cheek as she pulled back.

Sunset giggled. "You want some ketchup with your hash browns?"

Wallflower nodded. "Yeah. I'd like that."


After breakfast, Wallflower and Sunset cleaned up after themselves.

"Hey," Sunset said. "How about some gardening?"

Wallflower beamed. "I'd like that!"

Sunset grinned, then went upstairs to get changed.

Wallflower sighed happily. Sunset wasn't much of a gardener, but her willingness to go along with her only made her love her more. It was the little things like that that meant so much to her. It reminded of one such time...

Wallflower Blush was a nervous wreck as she walked up to Sunset's apartment. They'd been together for a couple of months now, and she had just recently worked up the courage to do this. She kept her jacket zipped, worried that someone else would see what she had been hiding from the world.

Wallflower took a shuddering breath as she pressed the buzzer to the apartment building. Why did she have to be so self-conscious? The buzzing of the door snapped her out of her thoughts, and she walked on in.

As Wallflower walked towards Sunset's door, she had reminded herself that she had nothing to worry about. That her girlfriend would have her back, no matter what. She stopped for a moment and closed her eyes, imagining that perfect, beautiful smile.

Wallflower felt calmer as she approached Sunset's door... but she was still a little nervous. Gah, why was she still nervous? For crying out loud! She shook her head rapidly just before the door opened.

"Hey, hon," Sunset said softly as she gestured Wallflower inside.

"Hey, Sunshine," Wallflower said as she sat down on the couch. She looked down at her legs and idly twirled a few strands of her hair with one finger, which was a tell that something had been bothering her.

Sunset, being the amazing girlfriend that she was, immediately picked up on this and walked over to the couch. She put a supportive hand on top of Wallflower's and gently lifted her head, meeting her gaze. "Hey... what's wrong?"

Wallflower took a deep breath and heaved a sigh. "There's... something I want to show you. Something I've been meaning to show you for the longest time... but I'm worried."

Sunset gave Wallflower a warm smile. "Wallflower Blush... you know that I won't laugh at you or judge you, no matter what you show me," she said in a reassuring tone.

"I do, but I just can't help but feel this little bit of anxiety nibbling deep in the back of my mind."

"Is there anything I can do to ease that?"

Wallflower's heart felt lighter. She laughed softly as she ran a thumb up and down the back of Sunset's hand. "Just being here for me is helping."

Sunset clasped Wallflower's hand in hers as she kept her smile. "I'm glad to hear that," she purred. "Now, what is it that you wanted to show me?"

Wallflower took a deep breath, then exhaled. "You know how I always wear sweaters or never bare my shoulders in public?"

Sunset nodded as she slightly tightened her grip on Wallflower's hand as a sign of support.

"I-I've been hiding something..." Wallflower closed her eyes and focused on the love and warmth of Sunset's hands, and she felt the courage she needed fill herself. Not wasting any time, she swiftly unzipped her jacket and took it off.

Sunset's eyes widened and she gasped slowly. "Wallflower," she said in awe.

Instead of her normal striped sweater, Wallflower was wearing a dark green spaghetti strap tank top, exposing the countless dark green freckles that dotted her arms, shoulders and back.

"They're beautiful," Sunset said softly. "Just as beautiful as the woman who has them."

Wallflower slowly opened her eyes to see Sunset gazing at her lovingly. She blushed.

Sunset laughed. "You know, I've heard that freckles are kisses from angels."

"Can I get a kiss from my angel," Wallflower asked as she playfully batted her eyes.

It was now Sunset's turn to blush, and Wallflower barked a laugh at the sight. "I'd like that," she said, then pecked her on the lips.

Wallflower's heart skipped a beat at the memory as Sunset came back, and the both of them went outside together.


Sunset wiped some sweat off of her forehead. She and Wallflower had been gardening for a couple of hours now, and it was starting to get a little too hot for her tastes. She turned to the love of her life who was in deep concentration as she pulled out some stray weeds.

Sunset sighed with a smile as she watched Wallflower in her element. She wanted to gently stroke her cheek so badly, but she wouldn't dream of breaking such an intense focus unless it was an emergency.

As Sunset watched her, she remembered a time when Wallflower was there for her...

Sunset reached the lunch table in the cafeteria where her friends and Wallflower sat. She and the girls had once again saved the day, but her mood was anything but happy. She sat down and simply stared at her food with a long sigh.

"Y'all okay, sugarcube," Applejack asked.

Sunset slowly shook her head, then lifted it. "Girls... I-I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's like there's been one magic problem after the other, and I can't help but feel responsible for it. I mean, I was the one who brought the magic here in the first place!" She lowered her head and rested it in her hands.

Wallflower scooted close to Sunset, then looked at her friends. "Don't worry," she said. "I know how to handle this." She took Sunset by the hand, then walked away with her. Once she found a spot away from the crowds, she sat down with her.

"Sunset," Wallflower said softly as she clasped Sunset's hand. "You've got to stop blaming yourself."

"B-But I-"

Wallflower put a finger to Sunset's mouth, quieting her. "Yes," she said as she removed her finger. "It's true you brought Equestrian magic with you. It's also true that you did some... less than savory things in the past. But look at you now. You've gone from being Canterlot High's 'Biggest Meanie' to a world-saving super-heroine! How many people can say that?

"Wallflower..." Tears began to form in Sunset's eyes.

"Hon," Wallflower continued. "If you hadn't walked through that portal... you wouldn't have made the wonderful friends you have now. You wouldn't have met me!" She sighed happily. "I love you, Sunset."

Sunset's eyes widened as tears fell. "I-I love you too, Wallflower," she said with a quaver in her voice. She sniffled, then embraced Wallflower.

Wallflower smiled warmly as she returned the hug, and Sunset broke, letting her guilt all out into her sweater.

Wallflower gently stroked Sunset's hair, consoling her. "You've done so much good for the world, and I have no doubt you'll do so much more," she whispered into her ear.

Some time later, Sunset calmed down. She let out a shuddering sigh, then caressed Wallflower's cheek. "Thanks, love. I had no idea how much I needed to hear that."

Wallflower smiled. "You're welcome. Now how about we go back to the girls?"

Sunset returned the smile. "I'd like that."

Sunset rested her head in her hands, watching Wallflower with a dreamy expression as her heart skipped a beat.

Wallflower blinked, noticing Sunset in her peripheral vision. She turned her head, then took her by the hand. "What're you thinking about," she asked softly.

Sunset giggled. "You. Just like always." She ran her thumb up and down the back of Wallflower's hand, then pecked it.

Wallflower blushed, then noticed a stray bead of sweat drop from Sunset's forehead. She chuckled. "Need to cool down, hon?"

"Maybe just a little bit." Sunset grinned. "How about a movie followed by lunch?"

"You know what? I'd like that."


Some time later, Sunset and Wallflower had eaten their lunch and watched two movies back to back. During that time, they cuddled, said sweet nothings to each other and stole kisses. After the second movie, the two simply gazed at each other for what seemed like a beautiful and blissful eternity. They were both in their own little world together. Nothing else around them mattered.

Sunset gently ran a hand through Wallflower's hair, reveling in the feel of each individual strand as they slowly fell through the gaps in her fingers. She sighed happily at the smile she received, and it had reminded her of another time she had received such a priceless treasure...

Sunset and her friends stood outside Rarity's home, waiting for Wallflower to arrive. The Starswirled Music Festival kicked off tonight, and they didn't want to miss a minute of it if they could help it!

Sunset took her phone out and sighed. Wallflower had texted her, saying that she'd be here in a few minutes, but she'd been running late. Maybe she should text her back, find out her ETA.

Before Sunset could text Wallflower, a familiar car rolled up. She sighed in relief as her friends all hurried towards the car, then watched as her girlfriend emerged from the car. Her jaw slowly dropped as she saw what she was wearing.

Wallflower was wearing a red v-neck sweater with a drawstring. A brown belt wrapped around her waist, held in place by a silver square buckle. As she walked up to sunset, a light breeze blew, causing her sunflower-filled shorts to flutter, as well as the small sunflower in her hair.

"Sweet Celestia, Wallflower," Sunset all but whispered as Wallflower approached her with a smile. "You're gorgeous."

Wallflower blushed with a giggle. "You like it?"

"I... words... can't..."

Rainbow Dash barked a laugh. "I think you broke her."

Wallflower grinned. "Good thing I brought my kissing glue, then." She leaned over to a still-dumbstruck Sunset, then pecked her on the lips.

Sunset returned to reality, then embraced Wallflower. "Yes," she said softly. "I like it... a lot."

"I can wear this on our next date if you want."

Sunset laughed softly. "I'd like that."

Wallflower beamed, and the two shared a quick kiss before getting into Rarity's RV with everyone else.

Sunset sighed happily, unable to take her eyes off of Wallflower. She could feel love and warmth radiating from her, which only amplified the intimacy of the moment. "I love you," she whispered as she ran a hand through her hair again.

"I love you too," Wallflower whispered as she gently caressed Sunset's neck with her fingers.

"You wanna go out for dinner?"

"Yeah," Wallflower said. "I'd like that."


Sunset and Wallflower finished their dinner, full and satisfied.

As Sunset paid for their meal, Wallflower stared out the window and watched people pass by.

"It's all right, yeah," Sunset sang softly, causing Wallflower to snap to attention.

"I'm walking right beside you," she replied. "I feel the way, feel the way that you do, too."

"Oh, I can't lie, sometimes," they sang together in harmony, then laughed together.

Wallflower sighed dreamily, remembering the first time she had heard that song...

The song had ended, and Wallflower's heart thundered as Sunset got off of the stage. She was simply in awe.

"Hey, hon," Sunset said as she reached Wallflower. "Did you like the song?"

"I... words... can't..."

Sunset giggled, then pecked Wallflower on the lips.

Wallflower snapped out of her dreamy state. "You were amazing up there, love. I've never seen a passionate performance like that before!"

"You know," Sunset purred. "I could play it for you any time you want."

"Yeah," Wallflower said. "I'd like that."

Since then, Sunset and Wallflower considered that tune their second personal song. Their first being the one that they had heard that fateful night at the Fall Formal.

Wallflower took a deep breath, then turned back to the window. The sun was going down. Today had been absolutely perfect! There was only one thing that could make it even better... "Hey," she said. "You want to watch the sun set from the hill next to the planetarium?"

For a brief moment, Wallflower could have sworn she saw a glimmer in Sunset's eyes. "Yeah," she said. "I'd like that. Let me just use the bathroom, then we'll go."

Wallflower nodded, then waited until Sunset returned. They took each other by the hand, then left.


By the time Wallflower and Sunset reached the top of the hill, the sun was halfway gone and lights were turning on all throughout the neighborhood and city skyline.

"You think we can find a good spot before it gets too dark," Sunset asked.

"Actually," Wallflower said. "This spot is perfect."

Sunset blinked, then turned around. "What do you m-" She gasped loudly and put her hands to her mouth. She could only stare in shock at the sight of Wallflower down on one knee, holding a tiny open velvet box which contained the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.

Tears of joy slowly cascaded down Sunset's cheeks, and she began to laugh as she reached into her purse and produced a tiny burgundy box, then got down on one knee and opened it. Inside was a dazzling diamond ring.

Wallflower nearly dropped her ring in shock, fumbling with the box for a second.

As the sun descended, Wallflower Blush and Sunset Shimmer could only sniffle and stare at each other. They each had their unspoken questions answered, and everything else was merely formality.

"S-Sunset," Wallflower said with a quaver in her voice. "You've given me everything I could have possibly asked for: friendship, happiness, acknowledgement... and more. You've given me love, something that I thought I wasn't worthy of. And I love you so, so, much." Her voice cracked, and she took a deep breath with a shudder, then exhaled. "S-Sunset Shimmer... will you m-marry me?"

Sunset nodded, then swallowed a lump in her throat. "Yes... I-I'd like that." She sniffled. "Wallflower... you've made my life complete. I thought friendship was all that I needed to live happily... then I met y-you. You're a part of me that I didn't know was missing." She took a moment to compose herself, but the tears continued to fall. "I can't imagine a single day without you, and I don't want to. Wallflower Blush... will you marry me?"

Wallflower nodded slowly. "Yes... I'd l-like that."

Sunset and Wallflower stood up and put the rings on their fingers. They held each other tightly, then let their dams burst as joyful tears were shed.

Within a couple of minutes, the tears stopped as Sunset and Wallflower wiped them from their eyes...

...then gave each other the strongest kiss they could muster as the sun finished setting. It lasted until they both felt lightheaded, at which point they broke it.

Sunset and Wallflower laughed softly.

"I can't believe this is really happening," Wallflower said happily. "I can't wait until the rest of the girls hear about this!"

Sunset grinned. "Yeah... about that..." She went over to her purse and grabbed a walkie-talkie, then pressed a button. "We both proposed!"

For a moment, there was silence. Then came the cheers of six all too familiar voices.

"Wait," Wallflower said, comprehension dawning on her. "When you were in the bathroom at the restaraunt..."

Sunset nodded. "Yup. I was keeping in touch with them." She took Wallflower by the hand. "You might want to sit down for a few minutes."

Wallflower sat down, and Sunset sat down next to her as wolves began to howl in unison. Nocturnal animals paraded before them, sprinkling flower petals as they passed the couple by.

Suddenly, a loud boom pierced through the sky as a rainbow shockwave expanded. Sugary fireworks exploded, and several diamonds floated and danced in the air.

Sunset squeezed Wallflower's hand, and took out her phone.

Wallflower smiled. No words were necessary. She knew exactly what Sunset was planning. She was going to play their first song. The song that played during the Fall Formal. The song that changed their lives forever, and for the better.

Sunset hit the play button.

As the display in the sky went on and the song played, Wallflower Blush and Sunset Shimmer held each other's hands and laced their fingers together.

"I love you so much," Sunset said.

"I love you so much, too." Wallflower sighed happily.

Most perfect day ever.

Comments ( 10 )

One of my fav ships:twilightsmile:

this was so puuuuuuuuuuure, I love it thank you πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

oh also:

Wallflower took a deep breath, then exhaled. "You know how I always wear sweaters or never bare my shoulders in public?"

Sunset nodded as she slightly tightened her grip on Wallflower's hand as a sign of support.

"I-I've been hiding something..." Wallflower closed her eyes and focused on the love and warmth of Sunset's hands, and she felt the courage she needed fill herself. Not wasting any time, she swiftly unzipped her jacket and took it off.

Sunset's eyes widened and she gasped slowly. "Wallflower," she said in awe.

Instead of her normal striped sweater, Wallflower was wearing a dark green spaghetti strap tank top, exposing the countless dark green freckles that dotted her arms, shoulders and back.

you pranked me you bitch :v

10586041
:rainbowlaugh: In previous iterations of this story, there was going to be a mention of scars, but only because of Sunset's imagination. I decided against that, however, because it would've been predictable and you're way better at Wally angst anyways.

Glad you enjoyed it, "pure" was exactly what I was aiming for!

Edit: The freckles are an official CapNTilfy headcanon! :pinkiehappy:

Instead of her normal striped sweater, Wallflower was wearing a dark green spaghetti strap tank top, exposing the countless dark green freckles that dotted her arms, shoulders and back.

I gotta agree, good twist on the usual. Caught me off-guard.

This was great, so much love to give and recieve between these two.

10586041
"Hey, you want to do lesbian stuff?"
"I'd like that."

As the days went by, more and more people began to notice her, and not just because she became friends with the popular girls at Canterlot High. No, Wallflower got noticed by her own merits! Her green thumb and social awkwardness endeared her to the student body as she gradually integrated into the group, thus becoming the eighth girl in that close circle of friends!

https://m.

"But Princessipal Celestia... I wanna go to the Grand Fall Galloping Formal Gala," Sunset muttered in her sleep.

Lol! :rainbowlaugh:

Instead of her normal striped sweater, Wallflower was wearing a dark green spaghetti strap tank top, exposing the countless dark green freckles that dotted her arms, shoulders and back.

I don't get it, why would she feel embarrassed about freckles? :applejackconfused:

Wallflower put a finger to Sunset's mouth, quieting her. "Yes," she said as she removed her finger. "It's true you brought Equestrian magic with you. It's also true that you did some... less than savory things in the past. But look at you now. You've gone from being Canterlot High's 'Biggest Meanie' to a world-saving super-heroine! How many people can say that ?

Can't argue there. :ajsmug:

Sunset blinked, then turned around. "What do you m-" She gasped loudly and put her hands to her mouth. She could only stare in shock at the sight of Wallflower down on one knee, holding a tiny open velvet box which contained the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.

Wow, two plot twists in 1 story! :pinkiegasp:

Sunset and Wallflower stood up and put the rings on their fingers. They held each other tightly, then let their dams burst as joyful tears were shed.

Is that even allowed in a proposal, there being 2 rings? :unsuresweetie:

Sunset grinned. "Yeah... about that..." She went over to her purse and grabbed a walkie-talkie, then pressed a button. "We both proposed!"

Ok now, I was expecting just 1 plot twist, then a second happened making me surprised, but now a third I'm speechless. :twilightoops:

While I do have a bit of a dislikement for Wallflower, I still fiund this story a good one. :twilightsmile:

11512116

Is that even allowed in a proposal, there being 2 rings? :unsuresweetie:

I don't know, but it happened to two of my sister's friends, and in the show proper!

derpicdn.net/img/view/2019/8/25/2127607.png

Ok now, I was expecting just 1 plot twist, then a second happened making me surprised, but now a third I'm speechless. :twilightoops:

:scootangel:

Login or register to comment