• Published 3rd Dec 2020
  • 2,024 Views, 33 Comments

A SciSet Christmas - ScisetShimmerEvan



The two girls are gonna be spending their first christmas together.

  • ...
3
 33
 2,024

Merry Christmas (Updated 1/16/2023)

It was Christmas morning. The sun had shown its way into Twilight’s room waking up the sleeping girls and their pets knowing that today was gonna be a great day.

“Good morning Twilight, Merry Christmas.”

“Morning Sunset. Merry Christmas.”

After they got out of bed they went downstairs to find everyone was waiting for them. Including little Flurry Heart who was in Shining Armor's lap sucking on her pacifier.

“You girls ready to open some presents?” Question Night Light.

“Yes, we are!" Replied Twilight.

As they began opening their presents they all received many great gifts. Twilight got more books, Flurry Heart got some new baby toys, including a little snail plush she just loved at first sight, Shining Armor and Night Light got embarrassed over getting underwear, while Cadance and Velvet got new supplies that would come in handy. As for Sunset, she surprisingly got many great gifts. She was surprised Twilight's family had gotten her some as she was expecting to only have four or five gifts.

After most of the gifts were opened, there were only two left under the tree. And those gifts were the ones for Sunset and Twilight, the gifts that they both got for each other.

“Merry Christmas Twilight. This gift is from me. Your mom helped me with it. I hope you like it.”

Twilight soon unwrapped the gift, revealing the outfit that Sunset had made for her. Twilight was just shocked to see just how good it was and that was in her colors and Sunset's colors of purple, pink, red, and orange. She soon had tears of happiness in her eyes. Not only did she get a gift from her girlfriend, but also something made by Sunset herself.

“Oh Sunset, I love it! This is just like when I gave you that jacket when I confessed I loved you! Thank you very much,” Twilight said as she began hugging Sunset before stepping away and twirling a strand of her hair in embarrassment.

“I’m glad you love it Twilight, and I gotta give your mom some of the credit too for helping. Without her help, I wouldn’t have been able to make that for you.”

“It was no problem Sunset. I’m just glad to see that my daughter is happy.”

But just as Twilight picked the outfit out of the box, she realized something.

"Wait, why are there two sets of the same outfit you made for me?" Twilight asked.

“Well, it's so we match. I hope you don't mind.”

"That just makes it even better!” Twilight said, making the biggest smile she’s made in a long time.

“And last but not least, the gift I got you.”

Sunset soon tore open the gift to reveal itself to be a framed photo. But not just any photo. It was of the two of them from one of their dates. And the best part was that on the bottom of the picture frame, it said 'My heart will always go on for the Sunset I love dearly.'

Sunset soon started to cry with tears of happiness as she looked up back at Twilight before hugging her.

“This is the best Christmas gift I have ever gotten. It may just be a photo, but this means a lot to me Twilight. Thank you very much for it.”

“I’m glad you love it Sunset. I originally was gonna give it to you without the graving on it, but after I got help from my Dad, I managed to make it even better.”

"No need to thank me Twilight. Just doing my job of helping my daughter with trying to impress her girlfriend."

Sunset was happy to have spent this past year knowing more of Twilight’s family and after spending the morning with them she decided to share with them something that only Twilight, Spike, and their friends knew about her.

“I know this may sound like a bad time to tell you all this but, I have something to confess to you all. I hope you all understand it because only Twilight, my friends, and many students at CHS and CPA have known for some time.”

“What is it Sunset?” Replied Cadance.

Twilight soon realized what was going on and that Sunset was gonna reveal to them she isn't from their world. She tried to stop her before she said the words, but it was too little, too late to stop her.

“I’m not from this world.”

This soon caused three out of the four adults to get very confused over what they all heard.

“Plus there’s another thing to know as well. These geodes that my friends, Twilight and I have been wearing for the last few months give up powers. And as a bonus, Spike can talk now.”

“Sunset dear, are you feeling alright? You don’t have a fever do you?” Asked Velvet.

“She doesn’t mom. She's telling the truth.” Twilight replied. She felt hesitant to not do this at first but she ended up doing it as she used her telekinesis as a demonstration to them all that she indeed had powers. This surprised the family entirely over what they had just witnessed.

“Am I still dreaming or did my sister just say that she and her friends have powers?” Questioned Shining Armor as she gave Flurry Heart to Cadance.

“Nope, she ain’t joking,” replied Spike as he entered the room startling the family.

“This all makes sense now. Especially with what happened at the final round of the Friendship Games!” Cadance realized.

“Yeah, it's all true.” Replied Twilight and Sunset.

“And there was a reason why I never brought it up. If the authorities find out about it, this Sunset is likely gonna be in danger. As would the world she comes from, known as Equestria. But now that you know this, I'm asking you from deep inside my heart if you all can please keep this a secret. I love Sunset very much and I don't want you to hate her. She's funny, she understands me, and she loves it when I do my nerd talk. She changed my life forever when she offered me the path of friendship. And I haven't regretted it since then,” shared Twilight.

After a minute of silence, the four adults soon replied one at a time regarding Twilight's request.

“Of course.”

“Sunset is a great member of the family.”

“As long as you are happy, I'm happy.”

“Your secret is safe my little ladybug.”

While no one was expecting to learn such information regarding Sunset's past, she was fortunate to have those who will keep her secret, protected at all costs.

"By the way Sunset, what are your powers?"

"I can read your memories by touching your hand."

"Wait what!?"

"Would you like me to look in yours?"

Shinning Armor felt weird about it but ended up finding out for himself when Sunset did. It was odd she found out just by touching him, it was still a very cool power she possessed like his sister's telekinesis.


That night as dinner was getting ready, Sunset and Twilight were finishing up a Christmas movie together. They both wore the matching outfits Sunset made, feeling closer than ever now.

They both loved them and they couldn’t wait to see what their friends would say when the break was over.

After shutting off the tv they soon started to listen to some Christmas songs together as they sang along with the lyrics.

And just at the end of the song, Sunset took Twilight over to another part of the room.

“Sunset, why did we get up just now, dinner isn't ready yet?”

“Look up silly.”

Twilight did so and gasped at what she saw. Laying above them tied up to the ceiling was a mistletoe. Twilight was surprised at first but was ready for what was coming for her.

The two soon went into a deep and soothing kiss. They then looked deep into each other's eyes, seeing how happy they were knowing they got to spend their first Christmas together, with another year to look forward to with their relationship.

“Merry Christmas Twilight.”

Merry Christmas Sunset.”

The couple went back into another kiss to savor the moment before Spike ran into the room and started fighting with Owlicious again.

"And here I thought she saw the last of this," Twilight replied before face-palming herself.

"Some things never changed," shared Sunset, before she and Twilight went to go and break up their pets from yet another fight.

It was gonna take a while for Twilight’s family to get used to the fact that Sunset was from another dimension, and a pony as well. Not to mention that Twilight and the rest of them had powers and Spike was capable to talk actual human words now.

Nevertheless, they were happy to have a nice Christmas together, as the family welcomed a new member that will forever be a great part of future memories to make for years to come.

Whatever comes next, we'll just have to wait and see what comes.

Author's Note:

Well, that wraps up the Christmas story. Sorry, the last 2 chapters might be a bit late. Been a bit busy lately with the holidays coming up. But I'm glad these final two chapters are out. I hope you all enjoy it and have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Till then I'm SciSetShimmerEvan and I hope you all have a great Christmas this year!

Comments ( 8 )

That story is adorable great job

Still catching up on your stories but this one made me get a lily teary eyed. I can't wait to get to this place in my story. Great job as always.

10777053
Thx, worked hard in this one and glad to see you like it

10567433
The scene got rewritten, and you'll surely be surprised by what happens. :raritywink:

Just read this after opening Christmas presents. Cuddling with my new Sunset Plush. Made the experience a thousand times better. I LOVE EQG XMAS FICS!!! :pinkiehappy:

11779754
Well it was definitely funny! :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment