• Published 2nd Dec 2020
  • 2,203 Views, 47 Comments

Seeking Redemption - ShadowRazer2121



King must find redemption with monarchs that want him dead.

  • ...
10
 47
 2,203

Reflecting

King Darky felt the wind blow past him every second felt like a minute; every minute felt like an hour. Everything happened so slowly, as if the gods were punishing him even more as he saw the cliff he once stood on had been destroyed as was falling he started feel the taste of iron in his mouth, pain riddled his body. Scares bleeding heavily as his decent into a frozen wasteland continued. His left ear was ripped in half, as his right eye was missing as blood trickled down the side of his face trying to mimic tears as he felt the cold freezing wind blow paste him.

Patches of fur were torn off, his body burned and scorched. He had never felt so much pain in his life, he could feel the wind blowing faster and faster link a nose dive he only gained speed as his death was gaining. He saw a yellow figure reaching out for him, he knew he would die anyway. That's when a blue blur darted in front of me taking the yellow figure with it as he could hear muffled shouting. He could feel it all remembering the times before, the ponies he knew gone. never even tried for him. He noticed the scorch mark on his chest as it was where Celestia had hit him hours earlier. They had set him up and he knew it.

All his life he only knew that people used him, never saying thank you never giving him anything. He only worked for them and nothing. No thanks, no recognition, no credit; nothing. Just the princesses taking all the credit, making their schemes all the more real when he was right; when he was wrong. They would blame him for it all, saying that he was a lair and would never be set free. They would have never set him free anyway. He felt the wind blowing wondering when he would hit the ground. He felt the snow smashing against his exposed skin, as it made his wounds even worse from the cold snow and how severe the wounds actually were.

Then he felt it. He felt cold, the cold water gripping his body as he sunk deeper and deeper to the icy prison that awaited him below. He felt cold the water holding him down, restricting his movements as he felt the cold. He felt the darkness. The very darkness that had kept him safe and had also brought him to this place he called hell.

The ice freezing him slowly. He wondered, what would kill him first? His injuries, or Hypothermia? He thought of it keeping his eyes open expending every ounce of energy to stay alive, but then it hit him. I he lets go, he would never have to be used again. No pain, no shouting, no abuse, and it would all go away.

He felt his back hit the frozen floor of the frozen lake. The sun light shinning down on him, laughing at the state he was in. He laid there, thinking for one last time. He had been at war with himself for as long as he could remember. Always on the frits, what should he do. The good or the bad, should he follow the light or the dark, give in to greed or share his wealth, or should he let corruption take him or let celerity push the corruption back? All questions he asked himself every waking day. All questions that had answers, he was just too afraid to answer them. He was afraid of what would come next, of what the result would be. He kept his thinking trying to look into the past just being unable to push past the cold that clouded his thoughts. Focusing his thoughts he tried to push past the freezing ice but it made his body ache and his muscles become sore. He then thought again once more Reflecting on the past, as he should have done years ago. All he did all he ever wanted was one thing.

Seeking Redemption

Author's Note:

Sometimes, stories are best left untold.