• ...
10
 93
 4,069

9. Getting The Answers

School had ended for the day and Sunset and Celestia were there like always to pick up the Dazzlings. Adagio and Sonata were happy to see them again like always. However, unlike her other two sisters, Aria wanted some answers. She didn't know who these Dazzlings were or who this Gabby person was and she wanted to find out.

Sunset and Celestia could tell something was wrong with Aria when she came out from school. Sunset was planning on asking her what was wrong once they got home. The thing that confused Sunset the most was what could make Aria so upset. Was someone bullying her? Was she feeling sick or something? Whatever the case was Sunset was going to find out and make Aria feel better.

Once they got home Adagio and Sonata rushed out of the car to go play with their toys. Aria on the other hand was waiting for Sunset. Aria didn't know why her mom wanted to speak to her privately. She hadn't done anything bad or started any fights with her sisters in a week which was pretty good on her terms. Did her mom find out that she was the one that forgot to flush the toilet and Sunset didn't fall for Sonata doing it? Or did she find out that Aria took the last cookie?

Sunset had brought Aria with her to her room. Celestia was downstairs watching Adagio and Sonata playing with their toys. Sunset could clearly tell that Aria was nervous. All Sunset wanted to know was why Aria was upset.

"Aria, are you ok?" Sunset asked looking down at Aria.

"Yeah, I'm ok. I just have a question about something." Aria said as she looked at her mom.

"Oh, is that all? Ok, what's your question?" Sunset asked.

At least it wasn't any bullying. But what could be the question Aria had for her?

"When I was at school earlier we found out that we were getting some new kids. The new kids were talking and I overheard them say something about someone named Gabby. Who is this Gabby? From what those kids were saying she's bad news to me." Aria said looking into her mother's eyes.

"Oh, Gabby. She's Gilda's daughter, she's in the same grade as you but she goes to a different school. She's ok, not the best kid but definitely not the worst kid I've seen." Sunset said. "Is that all you had for me?"

So Gabby was one of Sunset's friend's daughters. Then why did she sound so... villainous when Leon and Phoebe were talking about her? Maybe it just sounded like that to her. It didn't matter now, Aria could just ask them for herself. Aria still wanted to ask about these so-called Dazzlings though.

"Yeah, just one more question. These new kids brought up someone or something. They called it the Dazzlings. Do you know what the Dazzlings are mom?" Aria asked not knowing what she had just asked Sunset.

Sunset was in shock. What kindergarten would know or even be talking about the Dazzlings? How was Sunset even supposed to react or even answer the question now? Just straight up say you guys were the Dazzlings a long time ago? Or just make something and when they get older to tell them? Sunset was the mother, she should know what to do, but she didn't. Sunset had no clue what to do, so she did what anyone would do.

"Give me one second Aria. Stay here I won't take long." Sunset said as she ran downstairs to the only person she could think of that could help her, Celestia.

If anyone could solve this question it was probably Celestia. And if Celestia didn't know how to answer then Sunset was going to be in trouble. Sunset ran down the stairs and found Celestia watching Adagio and Sonata. Celestia, Adagio, and Sonata all look up when they hear Sunset walk into the room.

"Hi, mom. Do you want to play with us?" Sonata asked as she looked at her mom.

"Maybe later Sonata. I have to talk to Auntie Celestia in private." Sunset said looking at Celestia.

Celestia nods as she gets up from her seat. Sunset had to talk to her urgently, she could tell. Sunset and Celestia walk over to the kitchen so Adagio and Sonata couldn't hear them. Celestia looks at Sunset, she was shaking as if she was scared of something.

"Sunset is everything ok?" Celestia asked. She had only seen Sunset act like this once, but that was when Sunset found out Celestia was going to adopt her. Sunset looks back up to Celestia.

"Aria... she asked who the Dazzlings were. Someone at school found out about the Dazzlings. She wants to know who they were but I don't know what to tell her. Should I just be honest or lie?" Sunset asked as she looked at Celestia, there was hope in her eyes. She needed Celestia's help, she was her only hope right now.

Celestia was shocked. She didn't expect them to ask about the Dazzlings. They were little, too little, lying to them wouldn't be that bad. Celestia put her hand on Sunset's shoulder, "Well I think when they get older we should tell them, but for now, we should make a white lie." Celestia said.

"Should we tell all of them or just Aria?' Sunset asked.

"Aria is good enough for now. We'll tell the others later." Celestia said with a smile.

"Ok, I'll tell her." Sunset said as she made her way back to Aria.

Celestia nods and goes back to check on Adagio and Sonata. Sunset on the other hand was walking up the upstairs back to Aria. Aria was still on the bed when Sunset came back into the room. Aria looks up when she sees her mom walk back into the room.

"Ok, sorry I had to ask Auntie Celestia something." Sunset said as she finally walked back into the room.

"It's alright, so can you answer my question now?" Aria asked looking at Sunset.

"Yes, now I can. The Dazzlings were these... bad people that did some bad things to others... and after a while, they got caught and got into trouble. Since then they've never come back to Canterlot." Sunset said, on the inside, she was sad that she had to lie to Aria but she was too little and Sunset didn't want the truth to affect her this early on.

"But from what the new kids were saying it sounded as if they were back or coming back to town. What will happen if they come back?" Aria asked, she sounded scared.

"I don't know but you shouldn't worry. Those kids are just talking, nothing is going to happen. The Dazzlings won't be coming back to town. Don't believe those kids unless they have proof that the Dazzlings are coming back." Sunset said with a smile, hoping to make Aria feel better.

"Ok, mom. Thanks for answering my questions." Aria said as she stood up.

"Your welcome Aria. Now come on let's go play with Adagio and Sonata." Sunset said as she looked down at Aria.

"Yeah." Aria said walking out of the room with Sunset.

Sunset got away with that one for today. She was going to have to tell them about their past lives. One day but not now, for now, she had to be a mother. Each day Sunset had fun, watching the Dazzlings get their second chance. Without a care in the world.

What would tomorrow bring for them?