• ...
10
 93
 4,056

10. Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right

It was a normal day for the Dazzlings. But today they weren't going to school, it was a weekend. Saturday, a day when kids could do anything they want. The Dazzlings were in the backyard playing with the new soccer ball their mom had got them. Sunset had the idea of putting the Dazzlings in soccer, so she decided to get them a soccer ball to practice with.

The Dazzlings had been running around for a while kicking the soccer ball around until Sunset had called them in for lunch. It was just the four of them as Celestia was in a meeting with some of the other staff, she wasn't going to be back any time soon.

Adagio, Aria, and Sonata walk into the house with the soccer ball in Aria's hand. Sunset had already warned them not to kick the ball in the house so that nothing accidentally broke. Sunset didn't want one of the little Dazzlings breaking anything in the house on accident. Mostly because this was Celestia's house and not hers.

Sunset had made some grilled cheese sandwiches with some orange juice for the Dazzlings. The three little Dazzlings happily began to eat their lunch. After all, playing soccer for a few hours really gave them an appetite. Sunset was reading her book on the couch when she got a call from Rainbow Dash.

"Girls you continue to eat your lunch, I have to take this." Sunset said getting up from the couch and starting to leave the room.

"Ok, mom." The Dazzlings said as they continued to eat their lunch.

Sunset left the room as the Dazzlings continued to eat their lunch. A little bit later they finish their lunch, happy and satisfied with the food. They put their plates in the sink and sit around the table. The fan was on and it felt nice feeling the cold air instead of the hot sun outside.

"It's fun playing with the soccer ball." Sonata said as she laid down on the couch.

"Yeah it is, that kick you did Aria was pretty good." Adagio said turning to Aria.

"Thanks, but I could do better." Aria said turning to face Adagio.

"I want to go back outside and start playing again." Sonata said as she got up from the couch.

"Let me just use the restroom and we can go outside and start playing again." Adagio said standing up from her seat and heading to the bathroom.

"Ok, just hurry!" Aria said calling out to Adagio. Aria knew how impatient Sonata was so the faster Adagio was the better, plus, she wanted to go outside and start playing around with the soccer ball too.

Once Adagio leaves the room, Sonata picks up the soccer ball and starts to kick it with her knee. Aria watched this, didn't mom say not to kick the ball inside? Aria decides to take the big sister approach.

"Sonata put the soccer ball down. You heard what mom said. She said not to kick the ball around in the house." Aria said worried that her sister was going to cause an accident.

"I know what she said. But I'm not going to break anything. It won't even be for that long, Adagio will probably be back soon." Sonata said as she continued to kick the ball with her knee.

"It doesn't matter how long she takes. Put the ball down or just go outside. You don't want to get in trouble do you?" Aria asked Sonata hoping that she would stop kicking the ball.

"Fine, let me just do one kick then I'll stop." Sonata said, charging up for a kick.

"Sonata don't you even dare. Just stop, just sit down and wait for Adagio. If you hit something you're going to be in big trouble." Aria said clearly scared.

"Yeah, if I hit something. If I don't hit anything then I won't get into trouble. There's nothing to worry about Aria. I won't hit anything, I'll be careful." Sonata said as she took a few steps back to get ready for a running start.

"Sonata I don't care if you're being careful. Don't kick the-" Aria tried to say.

Sonata, however, then ran and kicked the ball with all of her five-year-old strength. The ball shoots around the house bouncing off of the walls with enormous speed. The ball then shot off the wall and hits the glass door. The glass shatters on impact with the soccer ball.

"... Soccer ball." Aria said finishing her earlier comment.

"Uh oh." Sonata said looking at the shattered glass on the floor.

"Look at what you've done Sonata! I told you not to kick the ball. But no you just had to kick the ball, now look at what you did. Mom's gonna have a fit once she finds out you broke the door." Aria said angrily, upset that Sonata hadn't listened to her and now something was broken.

"I-I didn't mean to. It was an accident." Sonata said now scared that she might get in trouble.

"Which wouldn't have happened if you didn't kick the ball like I said." Aria said as she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"What happened here!!" Uh oh. Aria and Sonata freeze from that voice, they then slowly turn around to see Adagio and Sunset. Adagio was in shock at what she was seeing, but Sunset... she was mad. Who wouldn't be mad? The whole glass door was shattered into pieces. "Who did this? Which one of you didn't listen to what I said? Who kicked the ball?" Sunset yelled, clearly upset at the now broken glass door.

"Aria weren't you the one with the ball?" Adagio asked, Sunset turns to Aria when hearing that. "But wasn't Sonata the one saying she wanted to hurry and go back outside to play?" Adagio said, Sunset then looked at Sonata.

They were both suspicious. They were the only ones that could have done it. Sunset and Adagio meet up in the hall, so to her Adagio was clear. Sunset looks at Aria and then back at Sonata. Sonata was in pure terror and looked like she was about to start crying. Aria saw this, she looks down at the ground and sighs. She couldn't believe what she was going to do.

"I did it. I was the one that kicked the ball." Aria said looking at her mother.

Sunset sighed. "Aria go to your room. I'll have to talk to Auntie Celestia about this. Adagio, Sonata, be careful not to step on the glass." Sunset said turning to the girls but then went back to glaring at Aria.

"Ok, mom. Come on Sonata." Adagio said picking up the soccer and grabbing Sonata's hand as the two girls headed outside to play some soccer.

Sonata looks back at Aria. Aria gives Sonata a look and starts to head to her room. Sonata didn't even feel like playing soccer anymore.


It had been a few minutes since Adagio and Sonata had gone outside again. Adagio could tell something was wrong with Sonata. Sonata didn't have the same amount of enthusiasm as before. Adagio picks up the ball and walks over to Sonata.

"Sonata what's wrong? You feel sick or something?" Adagio asked as she looked at Sonata who looked down at the ground looking sad.

"Um... no, I'm fine." Sonata said clearly lying as she started looking everywhere but Adagio's eyes.

"Sonata you suck at lying. Now tell me what's wrong." Adagio said now wondering what was going on.

Sonata looked at Adagio and sighed, Adagio needed to know the truth. "Aria wasn't the one that kicked the ball. I kicked the ball, she was trying to tell me not to kick it but I didn't listen. Aria took the blame for me, and I couldn't do anything because I was scared momma would be mad at me." Sonata said as she then looked down at the ground.

Adagio looked at Sonata, she could tell she was scared but she needed to do the right thing. "Sonata you should have told the truth. Momma wouldn't have been mad at you, she would have forgiven you. Now, come on, let's tell momma what actually happened." Adagio said grabbing onto Sonata's wrist.

"Oh... ok." Sonata said feeling sick.

Adagio takes Sonata back into the house and to Sunset. Sunset was on the couch reading her book, but she didn't look so good. Sunset looks up when she sees Adagio and Sonata.

"Oh hi, girls. You done playing soccer for the day?" Sunset asked looking at the two girls.

"No, Sonata here has something to tell you." Adagio said looking at Sonata, Sunset also looks at Sonata.

Sonata started messing around with her fingers. "Um... Aria wasn't the one that kicked the ball. It was me, Aria tried to tell me not to kick the ball but I didn't listen. I'm sorry it's just that I was scared you were going to be mad at me." Sonata said looking down at the ground afraid that Sunset was going to yell at her.

"Sonata, you should have told me the truth. I wasn't going to be mad at you. Come on let's go talk with Aria. After all, she deserves an apology after all." Sunset said as she got up.

"Ok." Sonata said as she started walking with her mom to Aria's room.

Sunset takes Sonata and Adagio upstairs to Aria's room. Aria was on her bed laying down doing nothing but staring at the ceiling. She looks up when she sees Sunset walk in with Sonata and Adagio.

"I heard from Sonata that you took the blame for Sonata's action." Sunset said as she looked at Aria.

"I'm sorry Ari." Sonata said running up to Aria and hugging her.

"Y-yeah whatever. You shouldn't have done it anyways." Aria was surprised by the sudden contact but then smiled.

"Look, Aria I know you were trying to do the same thing and Sonata I know you were scared but both of you shouldn't have lied. After all two wrongs don't make a right." Sunset said looking at the two girls.

"Yes, mom." Aria and Sonata said looking up at their mom.

"Now why don't we play some soccer? Aria you're not in trouble, Celestia will understand. Just make sure this doesn't happen again, that goes for all of you." Sunset asked looking at the girls to make sure they understood what she was saying.

"Ok." The Dazzlings said as they then ran outside.

Adagio, Aria, and Sonata headed outside and started to play some soccer once again. They had learned a valuable lesson today, no longer were they going to lie. As the day starts to come to an end the Dazzlings could only wonder...

What would tomorrow be like?