• Published 13th Mar 2021
  • 1,976 Views, 100 Comments

Equestria Girls: Season 3 - sunsetshimmer_13



These girls come back together for a series of awesome adventures.

  • ...
3
 100
 1,976

The Apple Thief

It was getting late outside in the evening on Sweet Apple Acres. The Apple family were just getting done with work around the farm including milking the cows, picking the apples off the apple trees, and a few other objectives. Apple Bloom had already finished her chore so she went inside the house. Big Mac finished with the cows so he was gonna check on Applejack to see if she’s done with the apple trees. AJ was done with most of the trees she needed to pick off of so she only needed to do one more.

“Almost done with them apple trees?” Big Mac asks his younger sister.

“Ah only need to pick one more tree and then I’m done for the day,” Applejack answers. “You willing to help?”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac says as he starts helping out Applejack with the apples. Both of them head over to the next apple tree so they can pick the fruits off the tree, but as soon as they get there it looks like someone is beating them to it.

“What in tarnation?” Applejack says in shock. “Hey!!! Stop stealing the apples!!!” she yells out to the person in black he... she?... runs away. AJ and Big Mac go after the shadow person who has his bag full of stolen apples.

The two siblings go as fast as they can but the mysterious shadow person escapes. Applejack and Big Mac stopped in their tracks as they lost the shadow person.

“Who was that?” Applejack asks.

“Ah don’t know about you but Ah think we got ourselves an apple thief,” Mac replies.


“Dooooh no one’s steals our apples and gets away with it,” Granny Smith says in anger.

Applejack and Big Mac were back in the house telling their only grandparent in the house about the bandit.

“I never even thought anyone could be stealin’ apples from us. I mean why not just buy it from us or somethin’?” Apple Bloom asks.

“Sometimes it just happens, sugarcube.”

“...or maybe they’re just jealous of us since we have the best apples,” Apple Bloom jokes as Applejack rubs her head.

“Well this apple thief ain’t no joke so we need to stop that person from stealing them,” Big Mac says.

“So what are we gonna do?” the smaller Apple sibling asks.

"Oh Ah know what we're gonna do," Granny Smith says in a menacing tone.

"We're not gonna mug 'em or anything Granny," AJ says as she looks at her grandparent.

Applejack and Big Mac shared a glance and triggered an idea.


The Next Night

It was late in the evening again the next night. Big Mac and Applejack were outside looking out for the apple bandit to see if the person is gonna strike once again. There’s only one word to describe the overall scene they’re in: it’s a stakeout. They were having dinner while hiding in between trees and behind a bush too, which they’re starting to eat their food out of the picnic basket Granny Smith gave them.

“Love myself a good stakeout,” Applejack says as she eats an apple pie. “One way or another we’re gonna catch that rascal.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac says as he looks around the spot. “So how long ‘til they have the guts to show up?”

“Shouldn’t be long now, surely they’ll take the opportunity to strike,” she says. Just about 30 minutes passes along and the two apple siblings are still sitting there as the thief is still not here. Big Macintosh just hums one of his favorite songs to kill some time and Applejack fidgets with her fingers a little bit as she’s getting a little bit tired.

At the time the two apple siblings weren’t sure if the thief was even coming at all tonight.

“Wanna call it a night?” she asks.

“Hmmmmm…..” he barely makes a sound.

“…let’s stay out for another 15 and then we’ll hit n’ run,” she offers.

“Eeyup.”

They settle down and decide to stay around for a bit longer. It’s a good thing they did, because as soon as they were ready to leave, all of the sudden they heard something. It sounds like someone stepping on a twig.

“You hear that?” she whispers. The pair follows the sound where the broken stick came from only to hear another step on a twig. They get out of their hiding spot to find the mysterious person trying to hide behind a tree, but as soon as they are about to catch him the stranger makes a run for it and shoves the two out of the way.

“HEY!!!” Big Mac yells out but the shadow figure keeps running as if his life depends on it.

“Don’t worry. He’s not escaping from this apple,” Applejack uses her fingers in her mouth to make a loud whistle.

All of the sudden there are footsteps becoming more and more audible from behind. But they weren’t normal steps, it’s the sound of a galloping horse that’s been called in for a favor. The creature gallops with all of its might as Applejack grabs on to the horse and instantly hops on its back as it runs. With that done they went after the apple bandit to stop him from escaping the area.

It wasn’t long before the bandit was within their line of sight and the galloping creature charges forward. In only seconds flat, they get close to the anonymous person running and Applejack grabs a rope from the saddle holding a bag and throws it to catch the thief.

The horse slows down and stops in its tracks beside the person in his black suit as Applejack gets off of the animal’s back and walks towards the shady figure.

“Let’s see who you really are big fella,” she says as she takes of the vigilante’s mask. It is revealed to be non other than one of the Flim Flam Brothers. “Flam?!… Ah should’ve known,” a bothered Applejack says. Big Mac soon catches up to them in the spot.

“Did ya catch ‘em,” he asks.

“Yep. Turns out it’s one of the Film Flam Brothers.”

“Well it’s not me and my brother’s fault that we were trying to make business,” the con man says. “Especially since your little tricks caused us to decline lately.”

“So you’re just gonna try and take our business?” she asks.

“…again,” Big Mac adds.

“Like I said, business. Now if you’ll excuse me…” Flam gets up and tries to walk but Applejack pulls him back with the rope still on him.

“Oh no ya don’t. You’re gonna make up for the apple you stole.”


3 Days Later

“Step right on down to… Sweet Apple Acres,” the two brothers say as they’re in their apple costumes on a sidewalk in front of their business building. The Apple siblings stand beside them leaning against a wall.

“How much longer are they gonna do this anyways?” the older sibling asks.

“I’d give them a week… or two.”

They both laugh together quietly as the Film Flam Brothers continue their little personal ad.

Author's Note:

I don’t think this is my best chapter but hey it’s something.

We’re back on track everyone the next four episodes are in production.

With that said catch ya on the flip side.
—13 Shades of Sunset

Comments ( 6 )

13 glad to see you are back. And nice chapter.
Though I don't think vigilante is the right word here.

“Let’s see who you really are big fella,” she says as she takes of the vigilante’s mask.

11002343
Yeah I was trying to think of that word appropriate for that context but couldn’t think of anything except for that word

“What in tarnation?” Applejack says in shock. “Hey!!! Stop stealing the apples!!!” she yells out to the person in black he... she?... runs away. AJ and Big Mac go after the shadow person who has his bag full of stolen apples.

wonder who stole from them?

"We're not gonna mug 'em or anything Granny," AJ says as she looks at her grandparent.

yeah, that would not be a good decision at all.

“Let’s see who you really are big fella,” she says as she takes of the vigilante’s mask. It is revealed to be non other than one of the Flim Flam Brothers. “Flam?!… Ah should’ve known,” a bothered Applejack says. Big Mac soon catches up to them in the spot.

Actually not surprised myself it was those two.

“Step right on down to… Sweet Apple Acres ,” the two brothers say as they’re in their apple costumes on a sidewalk in front of their business building. The Apple siblings stand beside them leaning against a wall.

Talk about the perfect punishment. :rainbowlaugh:

Apple costumes is a punishment that is very in character.

How's it coming?

These are fun little chapters. Looking forward to more

Login or register to comment