• Published 13th Mar 2021
  • 1,974 Views, 100 Comments

Equestria Girls: Season 3 - sunsetshimmer_13



These girls come back together for a series of awesome adventures.

  • ...
3
 100
 1,974

Help Wanted


It was just a casual school day as the clock struck three and everyone was officially done with school for the week. Some students left already, though there were quite a bit of them outside or in the halls just making conversation.

Meanwhile there were a particular group of students that we all know and love. Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Sunset Shimmer. Seven girls, seven friends, all of them with different abilities that are truly magic.

The friend group are outside at the front of Canterlot High School, where they were just having a casual conversation.

“Well guys I’m gonna have leave soon. I’m gonna have to get to my 3 hour shift at the sushi place,” said Sunset.

“Meanwhile I have to make a few dresses for a couple clients of mine,” Rarity says as she paints her fingernails in a sky blue color. "How about you darling?"

"Everything is handled just fine at the animal shelter. I could be on break but I still want to make sure the animals are safe and accounted for," Fluttershy says a bit softly.

"I might as well start looking for a job for a change," Rainbow Dash says the other girls looks directly at her for the unexpected reply. "What? I'm actually serious."

"Sorry sugarcube, It's just that we weren't expecting that to happen," Applejack says.

"What made you think about getting a job anyways?" Sunset asks.

"Weeeel, I might need a bit of cash to get a new skateboard," she answers.

"Wait, what happened to your last one?" Applejack asked. Rainbow Dash just scratched the back of her head as she remembered the same incident she broke her skateboard out of rage.


Last Week

Rainbow was at the skateboard park trying out a new trick she's was trying to learn. Only a small amount of people were able to complete the trick. The trick was to get as much air as she can after reaching up from the top of the half pipe skateboard ramp and then bring the skateboard up above her head and then quickly back under her feet and make the landing. It takes a lot of practice to get it right, especially with a few bumps along the way.

Rainbow Dash makes her way to the half pipe to do the trick. She goes as fast as she possibly can, using a small amount of her super speed to accelerate a bit more. This is it, she's about to make the jump to do the nearly impossible trick so there's no turning back now. As she manages to get some air she makes sure to grab her skateboard and hold it above her head. After she completes that part of the combo she tries to get her board back under her feet. As she has the board under her feet again it was too late as it hits the corner of the half pipe and she falls down and injures herself a bit.

After suffering that type of blow she becomes enraged. She yells out in frustration and the next thing she knew she completely breaks her board in half.

“Oops...”


Present

“Well maybe you can take a job at the animal shelter. They can always use an extra hand,” Fluttershy suggests.

“You can also try mixin’ things up at my job Rainbow,” Applejack adds.

“Thanks,” says Rainbow. “I’ll start with Fluttershy’s job first.”

“It’s a plan then. You can try both of them and see which is better,” AJ said as the three girls walked away.

Later at the Animal Shelter

“I’m glad you wanted to try this Dashie,” Fluttershy says in her soft voice but a little bit more exciting.

“Sure. So when do I get to ride on a horse?” Rainbow Dash says.

umm... we don’t do that to any animals here,” she points out.

“Oh... well what do you guys do around here?”

“Well we usually feed them, make sure they get nourishment, and even give them tender loving care,” the soft spoken girl says.

“How about I just feed one of them?” Rainbow asked.

“Well sure... but I’ll just give you a practice test,” Fluttershy says as she pulls out Angel Bunny from her book bag.

“Ugh... no one said that a job would have a quiz or whatever it is,” she groans as Fluttershy pulls out two carrots.

“Look, all you have to do is feed Angel a carrot,” she explains as she gives Rainbow two of the carrots.

“Fine,” she says with neutral tone. Rainbow looks at Angel as she carefully moves the carrot towards him. As Angel eats part of the carrot with his teeth he holds it with his little arms and Rainbow let’s go of it.

“You did it Dashie,” Fluttershy says softly as she hugs Rainbow Dash. The rainbow-haired girl blushes a little. Angel tries to get the carrot in Rainbow’s other hand.

“Uhh I think one whole carrot is enough Angel.”

Angel on the other hand disagrees with Rainbow. The next thing she knew Angel jumps on her face and attacks her as he tries to get the carrot.

“Angel!!!!!! No... umm... bad bunny.”

“GET THIS THING OFF ME... AHHHH!!!!!”

Later at the Canterlot Mall Juice Bar

“It’s basically an easy job, nothin’ much,” Applejack says.

“So what am I supposed to do here?” she asks.

“Well you have to take an order from somebody at first. Then you just uses these here juice machines to give them what flavor they want or they be mixin’ some flavors,” she explains. “It’s that simple and I wrote down the first order for ya.” Rainbow Dash looks around the bar a bit nervously.

“Ok... easy how hard could it be?” Rainbow Dash went ahead with the task and the next thing she knows, she was in for a recipe for complete disaster.

Later

Rainbow Dash was outside of the mall completely covered in slushies and other juice flavors. Applejack joins Rainbow and sits beside her, covered in juice flavors as well.

“Ok well... that’s a minor setback.”

“Minor Setback?” Rainbow looks towards AJ.

“Ok maybe a huge setback,” she says. “But ya can’t just give up maybe that was not the right job for you.”

“Oh please AJ, I’m not gonna get a job. I’m no good at jobs,” Rainbow doubts herself. “I think I’m gonna take a walk after I dry off. See ya later Applejack,” she says as she walks in the mall to go get something to dry off.

Throughout the day Rainbow Dash just takes a stroll around town trying to figure out what to do for a job so she can get a new skateboard. After walking for a while she decides to go to the music store.

She opens the door and walks in the store as the door closes back by itself. She walked around for a bit until she heard the sound of boxes being moved in the back. It was Vinyl Scratch moving a couple boxes around back as she came to the counter.

“Oh hey, Vinyl,” she greets as Vinyl gives a thumbs up in response. “If you’re wondering why I’m here I was just looking for job so I can get some money for a new skateboard,” Vinyl looks at RD with a straight face as she was listening to her music.

“I don’t know it’s just that I’ve failed two times to get an actual job. I mean why do people need to have jobs if it’s a set up for failure,” Dash says as a customer comes in the store and approaches the counter.

“Hey, you know where I can get Vivid Screamz latest album?” the customer asks. Rainbow Dash uses her super speed to go get the album he wants and comes back with it.

“Here it’s 5 bucks for the CD,” Rainbow says as the customer puts 5 dollars with some change on the counter.

“Keep the change,” he says as he leaves the store.

“I don’t know Vinyl maybe I should quit while I’m a...” Rainbow Dash was cut off by Vinyl as she points at the money. Rainbow was confused until Vinyl points at the customer who was just leaving. “Yeah sooooo Oooooohhhh,” a light bulb turned on in her head.


4 Days Later

“Come again soon,” Rainbow says as she hands the girl her CD after she gave her the cash for it. As soon as the customer left Vinyl stood beside Rainbow and gave her a thumbs up. The two girls gave each other a high five as well.

Rainbow Dash, coolest girl in school, multiple star athlete, and official Employee of the day.

Author's Note:

And we finally begin Equestria Girls S3.

This may not be anything like the official web series but I hope it’s at least something.

Stay tuned for more episodes in the near future. See y’all later.
—13 Shades of Sunset