• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 243 Views, 1 Comments

A Vignette of Equestrialand 2.0 - Draxonos135

  • ...
 1
 243

#RollercoasterAftermath

Vignette sat on a table, tapping it with her finger while rubbing her forehead. The Rainbooms, both human and Equestrian versions, sat nearby, looking at the woman with worry.

"Okay, s-so, t-t-there's no way to deny it," she spoke. "One way or another... t-this place wants me d-dead..."

"Calm down, Vignette," Princess Twilight said. "I know that what happened must've been... shocking, but it's okay now-"

"Just because it's okay now doesn't mean things won't go south!" Vignette snapped. "As for calming down, I'm sorry, but have you ever had a freaking amusement park out for your blood!?"

The Princess scratched her chin and hummed as she looked at the skin, almost as if she thought the question was serious.

"THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION!"

"I know this is probably really stressful for you, Vignette, but the day's still young!" Applejack said. "How 'bout we check our options? What can we do to fix this?"

"I mean, the easiest solution would be to just leave the park, but..." Vignette winced and stood up. "Actually, yeah, why don't we just leave?!"

Vignette bolted to the exit, but once she got there, she saw it was closed. And no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't move the bars.

"Come on, you stupid things, give me freedom!"

"Vignette, calm down! You're not gonna get anywhere like that!" Applejack exclaimed as she reached the woman. "In this case, we need t' get physical!"

Applejack summoned the power of her geode, which she had all this time, obviously. Then, once she was fully charged up, she threw a punch... and the bars seemingly absorbed the impact.

"What the?!"

Vignette looked back at the bars, then gently hit the bars. And just like before, they seemingly absorbed the impact.

"Hey you two! Stop doing that!"

The group turned around, and saw a pair of familiar, to the Rainbooms and Vignette anyway, faces:

"Flim and Flam?!" Vignette exclaimed. "W-What are you guys doing here?!"

"We were hired by the person who recreated Equestrialand from scratch," Flim explained. "We sent you a message about it, didn't you read it?"

Vignette took out her phone, and once she checked her messages, she pinched her forehead and muttered some gibberish.

"Wait a minute, you met the person in charge of this place?" Sci-Twi asked, getting the duo's attention. "Well, who are they? How can we meet them? 'Cause we got a few complaints-"

"Sorry, kid, but we're not allowed to disclose any information about our boss: it's part of the contract," Flam answered. "We could tell them about your complaints, though, so, what exactly's your problem-?"

"I WAS SHOT OUT OF A FU-" Vignette yelled, pausing to catch her breath before adding through gritted teeth. "-freaking rollercoaster..."

"Yeah, a rollercoaster that's not even in one piece anymore," Rarity said before pointing at the remains of the rollercoaster. "It was totaled after Vignette rode it with our friend."

The twins looked at the busted remains of the rollercoaster, and hummed while scratching their chins.

"That does seem like quite the problem."

"Luckily, we know how to fix them!"

"Then please do!" Vignette snapped. "And do it now!"


Next thing Vignette knew, she was sitting back with the Rainbooms at the table, now wearing a shirt and hat that read "Don't let me play!" with bold letters.

"I officially hate this place."

"So, we obviously got to talk about what we saw with the bars," Applejack said.

"I agree," Princess Twilight folded her arms. "They were definitely enchanted: I've never seen bars absorb attacks like those before."

"But why would they be enchanted?" Fluttershy asked. "In fact, why would the exit be closed like that?"

"It's the opening day," Vignette rolled her eyes. "Perhaps they want to force people to play all of their games, only to pay them to say nice things about them once they're let go. Typical business strategy."

Rarity frowned at Vignette, and got an idea.

"Vignette, darling, would you like to share an ice cream with me?"

"I'll share anything with you as long as I get to take my mind off this stupid shirt and hat."

"Perfect!" Rarity clasped her hands. "Then let's go. We'll be back in a few minutes, girls."

"Take all the time you need," Applejack said. "Somethin' tells me Vignette's gonna need it."

And with that, Vignette and Rarity stood up and left the table, the rest of the Rainbooms waving goodbye as they left.

And once they were gone, one of the Pinkie Pies chimed:

"So, who wants to go check out that eating contest we saw?"

.
.
.

Once they got their ice cream, Rarity and Vignette sat on a bench and ate them... well, Rarity did, Vignette was busy glaring her ice cream to death.

"Vignette, you know you're supposed to eat the ice cream, right?" Rarity asked. "I know you're angry-"

"I'm not just angry, Rarity, I'm..."

Rarity raised an eyebrow. "You're?"

"... Frustrated! I wanted to leave Equestrialand behind me! I wanted to move on with my life from this fiasco! But no, here I am, invited to a recreation of the place of that incident, which I can't leave, even after I nearly died thanks to the rollercoaster, and now my pants are eating my ice cream! STOP DOING THAT, PANTS!"

Vignette munched down her ice cream while Rarity took a deep breath and said:

"I'm sorry."

Vignette finished her ice cream just as she turned to the teenager.

"I didn't mean to strike you the way I did back then. I... I only wanted to break your phone, not hurt your hands."

Vignette took a deep breath and lowered her head. "It's okay, Rarity, I know you didn't mean it. And besides, I did need a reality check."

"I still feel like I should do something to make it up," Rarity turned to Vignette and frowned. "Is there something I can do."

Vignette avoided eye contact... and in doing so, she caught a glimpse of something interesting: an "employees-only" door that both Flim and Flam went through.

"Actually, there is one thing you can do."

Rarity smiled. "What is it?"

Vignette turned back to Rarity, sporting a serious expression.

"I want you to come with into the "employees-only" section."

Author's Note:

Nothing much to say here, except that we're about to enter the endgame.

Yeah, I know, what a short story XD