• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 240 Views, 1 Comments

A Vignette of Equestrialand 2.0 - Draxonos135

  • ...
 1
 240

#EquestrianRainbooms

Vignette had a hard time believe where she was right now: she was in the middle of the center of the new Equestrialand, standing between two groups: the Rainbooms... and their humanized Equestrian counterparts.

Though thankfully, the Equestrians had vastly different clothing from their counterparts: Princess Twilight had a blue shirt and Purple skirt and boots, Equestrian Pinkie Pie wore a red and white stripped, long-sleeved dress that made her look like a living candy cane, Equestrian Rarity sported a white fur dress, Equestrian Fluttershy wore a Green dress and lacked shoes, and Equestrian Rainbow Dab wore a black shirt-pants combo, with a golden collar.

"Whoa, so," Pinkie Pie tilted her head. "These are our counterparts from Equestria?"

"That seems t' be the case," Applejack remarked, taking a moment to inspect her Equestrian self. "But the more important question is, what are they doin' here?"

"We're on vacation," the Equestrian Rarity answered. "See, Equestria's been peaceful for so long, and Twilight has delegated most of the royal duties to her wotkers, so we figured it was about time to take a little rest from saving the world every few months."

"However, we've already traveled through most of Equestria, and Twilight struck us up with an idea!" Equestrian Rainbow Dash added. "See, when Sunset initially stole Twilight's crown, only Twilight got to visit this world, while we stayed behind."

"So, what better vacation than to have some fun in the other world for a day?" Princess Twilight asked. "Like Rainbow Dash said, neither she nor the girls ever saw this world, so it'd be like knocking two apples down an apple tree with one kick."

Vignette took a deep breath and rubbed her forehead, grumbling something while everybody looked at her with worry.

"You okay, Vignette?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just fine, perfectly fine," Vignette walked to a bench and sat down. "I just... need to lay down for a moment."

And as Vignette kept rubbing her forehead, Princess Twilight realized something and caught everyone's attention.

"Okay, maybe you guys should get to know each other. I'm gonna talk with Vignette."

"I'll come with you," Applejack stated.

"I appreciate the help, but I think I should be fine," Princess Twilight waved her hand. "I may not look like, but I got some pretty good communication skills."

Applejack raised an eyebrow, but quickly shook it off and went with the Rainbooms and their counterparts elsewhere, leaving Princess Twilight to approach Vignette.

"Mind if I sit down?"

Vignette glanced at the princess, then moved slightly to the side. Twilight took the offer and sat down.

"I take it our sudden arrival upset you?"

"It's just that this place gives me enough problems as is," Vignette turned to Twilight. "I don't wanna have to deal with a potential magic leak with you guys around!"

"I'm sorry to break it up to you," Princess Twilight sighed. "But there's a high chance there'll be a magic leak whether we stay here or not-"

"I.K.!" Vignette yelled, taking a deep breath before she lowered her head and added, "I know..."

Princess Twilight lowered her head and turned away from Vignette.

"I didn't mean to cause you or your friends any trouble. It's just that, now that peace reigns in Equestria, and I never gave my friends the chance to experience the other world, I thought it was only fair that they got the chance to see the human world just this once."

"I know, but still, you picked possibly the worst time to pay this world a visit," Vignette sighed. "I mean, it's already tough having to walk around a recreation of my greatest mistake, but to also have the Elements of Harmony visit this world... it's just too much!"

Princess Twilight tilted her head. "You know about the Elements of Harmony?"

"I took the liberty to ask Sunset and her friends about them," Vignette scratched her head. "I figured that if I was gonna live with a holder of one of those elements, then it couldn't hurt to learn more about them."

"I see..." Twilight lifted her head. "That's good to know..."

A short silence enveloped the pair, Twilight twiddling her fingers as she tried to think of something to talk about, all while Vignette looked at her with a dry expression.

"Well?"

"What?"

"I told you that I felt uneasy in this place," Vignette raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you gonna ask me why that's the case?"

"Oh yeah, now that you bring it up, that does sound like something that needs an explanation," Princess Twilight scratched her cheek. "So, what happened?"

Vignette lowered her eyelids and her head, taking a deep breath before explaining:

"I had been working at Equestrialand for a few months then, and when the big parade started, my phone and I had already been corrupted by magic... which led to the moment where I grew to fear it..."


Vignette bopped her head to the music blasting on her headphones, oblivious to everyone's discomfort at the parade going on. This continued until she heard a familiar voice... somehow:

"VIGNETTE!"

The woman took off her headphones, and once she looked up, her eyes glimmered with excitement at the sight of the Rainbooms flying in the air.

"My gosh, Rarity! Those outfits are incredible!" Vignette chirped. "When did you make them?!"

Rarity blushed slightly at the compliment, but she was quick to keep her priorities straight.

"Vignette, this has gone long enough!" she stated as she summoned an electric whip. "I'm putting an end to your magical mayhem right here, right now!"

"Okay, cool, but first, I gotta capture those amazing outfits!" Vignette took out her phone and tried to get the best shot at the Rainbooms. "If we can make copies of them, we could-"

Rarity swung her whip as soon as she got a clear look at the phone, and Vignette yelped in pain as both her hands and phone were struck.

Everybody gasped, and the Rainbooms flew down to check on Vignette.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Vignette took a deep breath and opened her eyes, gasping slightly at the sight of her palms with a long, blatant slash wound spread across it.

A sight that she kept looking as her pupils shrank...


And back in the present, Vignette looked at her palms again, which had healed enough to leave no scar behind.

"Wow, that sounds rough," Princess Twilight frowned. "I can only imagine what it must've felt like..."

"Yeah, I'm not exactly happy to be here, but at least there's a silver lining," Vignette smiled. "I got some new friends, found a new home... it could be worse, that's for sure."

Vignette caught her breath and shrugged. "Well, I think I've sat around long enough. I should start looking around the park again."

"Would you mind if I walked with you? I think it'd be the perfect chance to try become friends. Especially after our less-than-stellar first impression."

"... Sure, I don't mind," Vignette stood up. "But please, try to act as normal as possible. The last thing you wanna deal with is unwanted attention."

"Duly noted." Princess Twilight said as she got up and dusted herself. "Before we go, though, have you found anything suspicious about this place?"

"Well, for starters, there are no rigged games: every amusement park I've been to has had at least a few of them," Vignette scratched her chin. "It's one thing to revive Equestrialand, but to make sure it had no rigged games..."

"And have you found anything else?"

"... No."

"Well, in that case, the only thing we can do is look around for any other clues," Princess Twilight clasped her hands with a smile. "It'll be fun to be part of an investigation again!"

Vignette folded her arms. "Didn't you say you were for a vacation?"

"My friends are here for a vacation. And as much as I'd like to join them, if there's the potential threat of a magic leak, then I want to be there to stop it from causing havoc."

Vignette smiled and nodded.

"Now you're talking my language. Alright, let's take a look around."

And so, the pair began walking deeper into the amusement park, keeping their eyes peeled for any potential clue as to what was really going on...

Author's Note:

Okay, now, I'm gonna let you guys know that, for the sake of not burning myself out, I'm gonna try to write this story as if it was the last one in the verse.

Will it be the last story of the Vignetteverse? Who knows. I just wanna make sure the story ends rather than be left unfinished because I had too much stuff to do.

So, yeah, that's it from me today. Draxonos135, signing out.