• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 243 Views, 1 Comments

A Vignette of Equestrialand 2.0 - Draxonos135

  • ...
 1
 243

#LookingAround

Today was the day.

Equestrialand opened its doors to the public once more, and among the crowd of people gathered outside to enter, the Rainbooms and Vignette watched the unlocked entrance with intrigue.

Though in Vignette's case, the intrigue was quickly overshadowed by her concern.

"Well, time t' get the cart rollin'!" Applejack stated. "Care t' gimme a hand, Vignette?"

"Oh, uh, r-right!"

The duo walked to the food stand Applejack had brought, and they worked together to pull it in as they and the Rainbooms entered the amusement park.

Vignette and Applejack kept pulling until they reached the middle of the park, or at least, it seemed like it. Nevertheless, they both stopped to catch their breath soon after.

"Okay, this spot's perfect!" Applejack chirped. "Thanks for your help, Vignette."

The woman just waved her hand and finished breathing in before reaching for the stand... only to be stopped by Applejack.

"What are you doing?"

"Um, getting ready to help you run the stand?"

"Actually, I think I'm good here, Vignette."

Vignette frowned. "You sure you don't need me?"

"Nah, I got it covered," Applejack lowered her eyelids. "You should probably go look around, try to have fun?"

Vignette folded her arms. "You know "try" is the keyword there, right?"

"Hey, it's better t' try and fail than never try at all," Applejack smiled. "I'll run the stand. You go see if you can have fun with the rest of the Rainbooms."

Right, now that she thought about it, this could be the perfect chance to try grow closer to Applejack's friends. That, and she never really got to experience the original Equestrialand as anything more than an employee.

So she nodded, bid farewell to Applejack, and began looking around. She inspected the available stands, games, and so on, quickly taking notice of how many more people were around than back in the original-

"VIGNETTE!!!"

She hummed and turned around, barely catching a glimpse of Pinkie Pie's face before they crashed into each other.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to crash into you! I was just trying to get your attention!" Pinkie Pie chirped as she and Vignette stood up. "Anyway, I saw you walking around and I was wondering if you'd like to see the park with me!"

Vignette scratched her cheek and hummed. "I guess it'd be less awkward if I had someone to walk with me."

"Yay! And I know just where to start!"

Pinkie Pie grabbed Vignette's hand and dragged her to a nearby food stand, but not just any food stand: one that had a particular object in display.

"Caramel apples?"

"Yup! And these apples were imported from Applejack's farm!" Pinkie Pie added cheerfully. "So Applejack won't really mind if you give them a shot!"

Then, before Vignette could say anything, Pinkie Pie paid for two caramel apples and handed one to Vignette.

The woman stared at the apple for a moment, then took a small bite out of it, all while Pinkie Pie looked at her with excitement.

"So?!"

"They're..." Vignette smiled. "Sweet. And tasty."

"Of course they are!" Pinkie Pie giggled as she took a big bite out of her own apple. "They're made out of the best apples in Other-Questria, and carefully created by the best caramel apple maker this side of Applejack!"

The brown-haired guy running the stand blushed and looked away.

"So, Pinkie," Vignette spoke. "Do you know where the other Rainbooms are?"

"Oh yeah, we split off to do our things, but I think I know where to find them," Pinkie Pie tilted her head. "Is there any Rainboom you'd like to see first?"

Vignette hummed, and gained a smile once she got an idea.

Next thing she knew, Vignette was following Pinkie Pie into a petting zoo, where none of the animals glared at her for once.

"A petting zoo? The original Equestrialand didn't have anything like this," Vignette remarked with a raised eyebrow. "How did the people behind the reopening get the idea?"

"Does it matter? It's here, and the animals are very petable!" Pinkie chirped. "And look! There's Fluttershy!"

Vignette looked forward, and her smile widened upon seeing Fluttershy sitting on a square of hay, surrounded by birds as she sang a little tune.

"Looks like she's having fun."

"Yeah, she is," Pinkie faced Vignette. "You wanna go pet a goat or something?"

"Nah, I just wanted to see what Fluttershy was doing. Besides, the animal kingdom doesn't really like me," Vignette winced slightly. "Anyway, where's Rainbow Dash?"

Pinkie tilted her head. "I thought you'd wanna see Rarity next?"

Vignette flinched, but quickly regained her composure. "L-Let's leave her for last."

"Well, if that's your choice," Pinkie Pie's smile soon returned. "Let's see what Rainbow Dash is doing, then."

With another quick trek through the park, Vignette and Pinkie Pie reached an arm wrestling arena, just in time to see Rainbow Dash not only beat a vastly bigger man than her, but throw him off the table as the audience cheered.

"Hmm, her small frame hides her real strength really well," Vignette remarked, taking another bite off her apple. "Remind me to never arm wrestle with her."

"Duly noted," Pinkie Pie giggled. "Anyway, let me guess, you wanna see Sunset and Twilight together, right?"

Vignette raised an eyebrow. "Why do you pair them up together like that?"

"Because whenever one of them goes somewhere, the other typically follows," Pinkie Pie shrugged. "If we go looking for one, we'll find them both."

Vignette hummed at the thought, then her eyes widened as she realized something.

"Actually, I think I might know where they are."

Pinkie Pie's curiosity rose. "Really? Where?"

Vignette grabbed Pinkie Pie's hand and dragged her to the game stands, Vignette scanning said stands until she reached the one she was looking for: a stand that had the simple "throw the ball" game, with a collection of stuffed dolls as prizes.

And just as she expected, Sunset and Twilight were there, the former raising her fist victoriously as she was handed one of the stuffed dolls, a sight that both amused and brought a smile to Vignette.

"Wow, you actually knew where they'd be!" Pinkie Pie chirped. "But how?"

"My cousins got on my case about a "bacon-haired" girl and a "purple girl with glasses" making a case at their game stand," Vignette chuckled. "Once I met them both in person, I quickly realized they were talking about them."

*DING!*

The duo walked to the source of the sound, and saw a line forming near a "test your strength" game, with Rarity walking away from the line with a pleased expression.

"Hi, Rarity!" Pinkie Pie shouted, waving her hand as high as she could.

"Hi, Pinkie Pie," the fashionista replied. "And Vignette? Are you two hanging out together?"

"Yup!" Pinkie Pie clung to Vignette's arm. "I saw Vignette walking all alone, and I decided to keep her company so she wouldn't feel lonely?"

"Really now?" Rarity put her hands on her hips and faced Vignette. "Well, if you wanted someone to keep you company, you could've just looked for me."

Pinkie Pie flashed a smug smile. "I would've reached Vignette long before you did."

"I know, but still-"

"So, you tried the "test your strength" game?" Vignette blurted.

Rarity nodded. "I wanna see if using magic has helped me grow a little stronger. Not with super strength like Applejack, of course-"

*DING!*

"And speaking of Applejack..."

The trio turned... and Vignette's eyes widened upon seeing a girl who looked like Applejack, but with more notable musculature, a black shirt with a red jacket, ripped shorts, and brown boots. She also had a cowboy hat, which she tipped as she walked away from the game.

"There she goes, showing off again," Rarity sighed, folding her arms and rolling her eyes.

"I didn't know Applejack could be in two places at once!" Pinkie Pie spoke.

Vignette lowered her eyelids and released Pinkie Pie. "She can't..."

The woman walked to the Applejack and tipped the hat up, taking a good look at her face until she realized:

"You're the Applejack from Equestria!"

"And ye're ta visitor who came to ta castle earlier!" the Equestrian Applejack said with a bright smile. "Fancy finding ya 'ere! Ya need somethin'?"

"If you're here, then where are the rest of the Equestrian Rainbooms?"

"They're 'ere too: Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash-"

"And Her Highness?!" Vignette exclaimed, grabbing Equestrian Applejack's shoulders. "Is Her Highness here too?!"

"Yeah, matter of fact, she's ta one who invited us 'ere."

Hearing that, Vignette's eyes narrowed as she gave the Equestrian Applejack a simple request:

"Could you bring her and the rest of her friends to the center of the park?"

Author's Note:

And here's another long overdue chapter! I'm sorry that I haven't updated this story as much as I said I would. But things have been kinda crazy on my end, so... yeah.

Anyway, next chapter will have both sets of Rainbooms meeting each other, so that should be interesting.

Draxonos135, signing out.