• Published 1st Jan 2021
  • 243 Views, 1 Comments

A Vignette of Equestrialand 2.0 - Draxonos135

  • ...
 1
 243

#SeeForMyself

It didn't take long before the news spread like wildfire, to the point the Rainbooms had called for a meeting to discuss the matter at hand.

Most of them were currently at the Apple Family Barn, sitting on the living room while discussing the news.

"This has got to be either an elaborate hoax or cruel prank," Rainbow Dash stated, folding her arms. "I mean, I don't know how businesses work, but being struck by not only Magic, but terrible PR should've closed down Equestrialand for good!"

"And even if the PR was fine, Magic would ensure the place was always dangerous," Sunset added. "I mean, there are many safety precautions and plans, but I've yet to see one specifically made to deal with Magic."

"Well, maybe people have learned enough from all the previous times Magic turned everything upside down?" Fluttershy suggested with a shrug. "I mean, Camp Everfree, the cinema, Canterlot High, Equestrialand, none of those things were really kept under wraps, everybody found about what happened pretty quickly."

"Simple: people are either in denial or they just have trouble figuring out how to fight back against it," Sunset pointed out. "I mean, we had a very long, very arduous journey to try get to control our powers: the road to finding a way to safely prevent magical corruption would be even longer!"

"Say, where's Vignette?" Rarity asked while looking around. "I know she doesn't like magic, but I thought she'd be around to discuss Equestrialand?"

"She's been cooped up in her room since she got the news," Applejack answered sadly. "I'm gonna go check up on her."

Applejack stood up, bid farewell to the group, and walked upstairs and straight to Vignette's room. She knocked three times, but she didn't get a response.

Well, actually, the door slid open slowly. Guess Vignette didn't close it properly.

"Vignette?"

The sudden call of her name startled Vignette, who fell off her bed in shock.

"A-Applejack!" she stammered. "H-How did you get in?! And actually, why didn't you knock?"

"I did knock, actually, but you didn't answer," the farmer said as she walked inside. "As for how I got in, the door slid open after I knocked."

Vignette facepalmed over her carelessness, and remained silent as she got back on her bed, Applejack's sitting right by her side after closing the door properly.

"This whole "Equestrialand is back" thing messin' with your head?"

"I never thought that place would ever return after what happened..." Vignette frowned. "After what I did..."

"Vignette, you can't blame yourself over everythin' that happened there: Magic got your phone, and Magic tends t' make people go crazy."

"Even so, what I did isn't something you can just cover up or shrug off," Vignette faced Applejack. "Even if the lawyers had found a way to minimize the damage, there should've been no way Equestrialand would ever see the light of day again!"

Applejack raised an eyebrow, causing Vignette to shrink. "Or at least, that's what I think."

"Vignette, it's okay t' feel conflicted 'bout this," Applejack said, putting a hand on Vignette's shoulder. "Trust me when I say the Rainbooms all agree with you that this is very suspicious."

"But what do we do, then?" Vignette shrugged. "We can't tell the police about this, they've never been useful with these type of situations."

"Well, we gotta take this one step at a time," Applejack said, patting Vignette's back. "For now, the girls and I think we should check out the place. Apparently, it's in the exact same spot as last time."

Vignette raised an eyebrow. "I thought the original Equestrialand was dismantled?"

"I heard that too, so either it was dismantled and rebuilt, or it was never touched," Applejack smiled. "Eitherway, there's only one way to find out."

Vignette frowned. "Go and see it for ourselves, huh?"

Applejack nodded, and after a few seconds in silent thought, Vignette stood up.

"Alright, I'm gonna get dressed."

"Well, actually, I was gonna suggest you could stay here while the girls and I-"

"Applejack, this is Equestrialand we're talking about," Vignette looked at Applejack with determination. "If it has really come back, then I gotta see it with my own eyes."

Applejack smiled, and nodded in agreement.

"Ready when you are."


One change of clothes later, Vignette joined the Rainbooms and headed straight for the location of the fabled new Equestrialand.

And by a change of clothes, Vignette simply put on a hat and red-white stripped shirt.

"That's a pretty nice look you got there, Vignette," Rarity remarked. "I mean, I think it would've looked a bit better if you got the braids like last time we hung out-"

"I'm not heading to a fancy dinner or something, Rarity, I'm coming with you to the revived place of my nightmares," Vignette replied, tilting her hat down. "I just hope nobody recognizes me."

"Don't need to worry about that when there's nobody around," Rainbow Dash thought out loud, scanning the empty streets. "This place is practically deserted! I bet there'll be nobody around when we find the park!"

"Well," Sunset scratched her head. "One person might be there."

The Rainbooms quickly got their answer when they arrived at the close entrance to Equestrialand, and found a familiar Purple girl scanning the area with a small trinket.

Well, the Rainbooms recognized her: Vignette drew a complete blank upon seeing her.

"Hey, Twilight!"

The girl stopped her scanning and turned around, gaining a smile as the group approached her.

"Oh, hi guys. Hi Sunset," she replied before checking her trinket. "I've been scanning the area here like you asked, but I haven't gotten any magical readings whatsoever. I'm starting to think we'll need to wait until we can go inside to make some progress."

"I see. Thanks for the help, Twilight," Sunset replied.

"Um, who is she?" Vignette asked casually.

Sunset's eyes widened. "You really don't remember her? It's Twilight Sparkle!"

Vignette blinked twice.

"She came along with the rest of our friends back during the original Equestrialand opening?"

"I'm sorry, Sunset, but the only ones from the group who left an impression on me were Rarity, Flutterspy, and Rainbow Dab," Vignette replied, all while Rainbow Dash screamed in the background. "Everybody else, including you, I only met after the fact."

"Let me handle this, Sunset," Twilight said, taking a step towards Vignette before extending her hand. "Nice to meet you, name's Twilight Sparkle."

Vignette shook back with a smile. "Vignette Valencia."

And then Pinkie Pie screamed, causing everybody to run to her... only to see her squealing at a poster.

"PostCrush is gonna have a show to celebrate the reopening!"

"Wait, what?!"

Sunset pushed forward until she was at Pinkie's side, gasping and screaming once she verified the claim.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe it!" she chirped. "We might have a chance to meet PostCrush again!"

"That's exactly what I thought! And the best part is that that's not all!" Pinkie added. "Look! There's also gonna be a fashion show, target practice, haunted houses, and so much more!"

Vignette stepped towards the publicity Pinkie Pie was talking about, but seeing them only made her feel suspicious.

"Whoever's the mastermind behind this revival is putting all of their eggs in one basket... and without including caramel apples, either."

"Well, that's an interesting business opportunity," Applejack said, getting to Vignette's side. "If I can manage to remodel the stand and get certain things ready, we could take the stand to the park and sell some caramel apples there."

"I bet you'd make a fortune that way!" Pinkie Pie chirped.

"Alright, everybody, let's focus," Sunset said, getting everybody's attention. "Unfortunately, Twilight hasn't found any readings here, and since we can't enter the park without being arrested, we're gonna have to wait until the park opens to verify it."

"But wouldn't it be too late by then?" Fluttershy asked.

"Perhaps, but it's the only option we got," Twilight sighed. "I'm gonna go home and see if I can upgrade my scanner."

"I'm gonna go home to train my fangirl scream!" Pinkie Pie said cheerfully.

And as the Rainbooms began to leave, Applejack put a hand on Vignette's shoulder and sighed, "Guess I should go get them apples ready too. You in, Vignette?"

She looked back at the closed entrance, and after a look of contemplation, she turned back to Applejack and nodded with a smile.

The duo left soon after, Vignette slightly anxious at the fact the answers to her questions would come sooner than latter.

She just hoped they were good answers...

Author's Note:

And here we have the next chapter of this story. And this time, it only took a few weeks or so rather than months to get it out XD

Next chapter begins the proper opening of Equestrialand, and the investigation proper begins.

Draxonos135, signing out.