• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 215 Views, 1 Comments

Lightning's Version of Rainbow Rocks (#7) - LightningStar626



Twilight Sparkle returns to Canterlot High School to compete in a Battle of the Bands alongside Lightning, Karly, Sunset and the others to save the school from a trio of sirens from Equestria.

  • ...
 1
 215

Chapter 1: Mmm...Equestrian Magic...

E.Q.U.E.S.T.R.I.A Spies: Lightning's Version of Rainbow Rocks (7#)

Chapter 1: Mmm...Equestrian Magic...

~There was a full moon stuck on the purple twinkling sky. The streets of the city were bare and gloomy, but from inside a small cafe, there were people everywhere, and they were mad. Everyone was steamed and were shouting at each other, non stop. Strange green dust filled the room and surrounded the people as they argued. Except for three girls, who were sitting in a box corner, vocalising. They swayed in their seats as they sang, and nothing seemed to bother them at all. They just had their hoods up, eyes closed, and mouths open. The strange green mist floated, then flew into the ruby amulets these 3 girls had around their necks. They stopped singing once all the mist was gone and opened their eyes.~

The first girl threw her hood back and revealed her purple and seafoam green streaked pigtails. "Ugh, that was barely worth the effort, Adagio. I'm tired of fast food, I need a meal." She groaned.

The energy in this world isn't the same as in Equestria." The second girl, who was named Adagio, replied as she pulled back her hood. "We can only gain so much power here."

"Ugh, I wish we never have been banished to this awful place." The first girl huffed, folding her arms.

"Really? I love it here." Adagio said, before frowning and showing that she was being sarcastic.

"For realises?" The third and final girl spoke up. "Because I think this place is the worst."

"I think you're the worst, Sonata." The first girl grumbled.

Sonata frowned and leaned on the table, shutting her eyes. "Oh yeah? Well, I think you're-"

Adagio interrupted Sonata by groaning. "I'll tell you 1 thing, being stuck here with you two isn't making this world anymore bearable." She gritted through her teeth.

~A muffled explosion of beams suddenly bursted upwards from outside the cafe at a distance. Adagio looked over and stared at it. She squinted her eyes then raced outside to get a better look. Her eyes widen in amazement. The beams suddenly turned into rainbow twirls and fired down at whatever it was aiming at. There was a bright light, then Adagio felt something. Her amulet glowed.~

"Did you feel that?" She gasped, then grinned evilly. "Do you know what that is?" Her two sisters shrug in confusion. "It's Equestrian Magic!" Adagio exclaimed, grabbing onto her sister's hood.

"But, this world doesn't have Equestrian magic." Her sister replied.

"It does now. And we're going to use it to make everyone in this pathetic little world, adore us."

~Adagio swaggered a few steps forward and placed her hand on her hip before posing dramatically. The other two do as well and grinned.~


~Most of the students of CHS were gathered in the auditorium. They were in their own friend groups sitting and or lying on the ground, designing posters and signs for an upcoming showcase here at the school. They were all happy. They were all feeling much better now than they were before. The CMC's were busy painting their banner and smiling until, someone snatched the paintbrush out the pot Sweetie Belle was holding.~

"Want some help?" Sunset Shimmer asked, softly smiling.

"Uh, no thanks. We're good." Applebloom answered while her two friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo nodded silently.

"Oh...ok."

~Sunset's eyes shimmered sadly as she gave the brush back by putting it in the paint pot again. She was about to let out a sad sigh, but it was interrupted by high-pitched voice calling out to her.~

"Sunset Shimmer! Over here!"

~She looked over and saw Pinkie Pie waving at her. She had Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Lightning Star and Karly Crystal with her and altogether they were designing a poster from the showcase. Sunset's beautiful eyes shimmered again when she saw them, this time with delight. She also smiled softly again. However, her smile was cut off, because as she walked over to the girls, she could hear the other groups of students glaring at her and quietly mumbling to one another. She rubbed her arm in discomfort as she looked around at them. When she made it to the girls, Lightning came up and put her arm around her shoulder.~

"Hey, Shimmer. How are you feeling?" She asked.

Sunset sighed. "I had no idea the whole school would be here…"

"Yes, neither did I, to be fair. But, you're ok, right?"

"I guess…"

"Cool."

~Lightning took her arm back as Fluttershy put her hand on Sunset's shoulder and smiled at her. Rarity and Pinkie glanced at each other before holding up their finished poster and showing it to the gang.~

"Quite the eye-catching advertisement, if I do say so myself." Rarity admired.

"And it smells like cake!" Pinkie added.

"It does?" asked Fluttershy.

~The shy girl leaned forward in order to smell the poster and Pinkie pushed it right against her face, smushing it all the way in the poster. She then pulled it back and revealed that Fluttershy now had a bit of frosting on her nose and cheeks. She blinked softly.~

"I used frosting instead of paste!"

Applejack smiled. "Uh, Fluttershy? You've got a little somethin'...uh…" She pointed to her nose.

Fluttershy rubbed on her right cheek. "Did I get it?"

"Ehh, yeah, you got it." Karly nodded while giggling.

"Heh. No actually, not exactly." Applejack chuckled.

~Sunset reached into her inside jacket pocket and pulled out a small handkerchief. She motioned Fluttershy to hold still as she rubbed the glitter and frosting off her face. Once she was done, the two principals, Celestia and Luna walked in. The whole place went silent.~

"Good afternoon, students." Celestia started. "I just wanted to tell you all how pleased I am that so many of you are gonna to participate in the first ever Canterlot High School Musical Showcase!"

~All the students began cheering and screaming and waving whatever they had in their hands in the air.~

"This is a wonderful opportunity to raise money for all our after school programs here at CHS. So, keep working on those signs and posters! I think it's going to be 1 of the most exciting events we've had at CHS, since the Fall Formal."

~The Mane 8's faces turned uneasy. The whole school, once again, turned and glared at Sunset and shook their heads in disappointment. Sunset shielded her face as she blushed in embarrassment before sliding down against the wall and burying her face in her hands. Lightning and Karly comforted her.~

"Ex-Exciting?!" Lightning exclaimed in disbelief to the principals. "Oh. Yeah. Exciting. Yeah. That's exactly the word I would use to describe zombies spells, she-demons, and magically energy bursted out on school property!"

"I say it was more terrifying and terrible than exciting! I wish we never speak of that event ever again!" Karly said.

"I concur." Lightning sighed. "Ok. Girls, I think we should leave. There's too much for poor Sunset to bear in here."

"Alright…"

~The girls packed up their things and left the auditorium as quickly as possible. Lightning didn't even dare to look back or look at anyone as they went through the halls. She swears that something, or someone is going to push her over the edge and she is going to lose it with this school. She just wasn't too sure what yet.~

Comments ( 1 )

Sweet 👍
Glad to see you’re doing well 😊

Login or register to comment