• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 348 Views, 9 Comments

A Vignette of Harmony - Draxonos135

  • ...
 9
 348

#ElementofGenerosity

With the rest of the team now in the know about Vignette's desire to know about the Elements, they prepared to let her know what they knew about the Elements, with Sunset getting ready to give her a more detailed explanation.

But for now, she went to the next Element user; Rarity.

She walked to the Canterlot Boutique and knocked on its doors twice, getting ready to knock a third time when Rarity opened.

"Vignette, darling! What a surprise!" she chirped. "What brings you to the Canterlot Boutique?"

"I don't know where else to find you."

"Oh, right," Rarity giggled. "Well, come on in."


"So, Sunset told me you want to know about the Elements of Harmony?"

"If it gives me a basic idea on what I may deal with later on, I wanna know as much as possible."

"Well, the Elements themselves don't really play a big role in the magical misadventures Sunset and my friends normally go through," Rarity hummed. "But then again, they do give us the power to fight back against those same misadventures..."

"And that's actually what I'd like to know about the most," Vignette leaned forward. "How do you use the Elements?"

"We use them to transform into Pony hybrid forms, but that's for another day," Rarity waved her hand. "For now, wanna hear about my Element?"

"Oh! Let me try guessing it!" Vignette hummed in contemplation. "Fashion!"

Rarity laughed. "The Element of Fashion? Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, how can there be harmony if nobody looks good?"

Rarity giggled again. "That's a good guess, but it's something much more important: Generosity."

Vignette smiled. "Oh, I can actually see that being your Element?"

"Oh really?"

"You offered to help me with the Equestrialand Parade even while I was being the worst boss ever," Vignette argued. "Only someone with unmatched generosity would put up with that."

"I mean, I wouldn't really call you the worst boss ever. Annoying, sure, but worst? Nah." Rarity crossed her legs. "Besides, you give me way too much credit. I'm sure anybody would've done the same if they were in my position."

And then, Vignette's phone rang, prompting her to take it out.

"Oh, I thought you weren't using your phone, Vignette?"

"I've grown a bit more comfortable with it, and besides, not bringing your phone with you is practically... oh no."

Rarity raised an eyebrow. "Oh no?"

"I'm running late to help Pinkie Pie with something," Vignette stood up and went to the door. "You mind if we stop here?"

Rarity's eyes widened, but she quickly regained her composure and shook her head.

"No, get going."

Vignette flashed a smile and a pair of thumbs up before she left the building, running to the horizon as Rarity watched her leave from the door.