• Published 21st Nov 2020
  • 221 Views, 6 Comments

The Incognito - keithsterling



Some secrets are best kept in the past but want would happen went that past return to the present. How about history you never know about?

  • ...
 6
 221

Chapter 2

Its 1130 hrs Equestria Standard Time, Spanish revival style home, Center city Neighborhood, City of West Applewood, Coltifornia, city of Los Ungulas, master bedroom.

It took a few hours to get to the City of West Applewood from the City of Grazing Hills due to the high traffic volume on the road that morning. An eventually, Justice and Emerald arrive at two stories white brick Spanish revival home with a low white stucco wall in front of the residence with wrought-iron fencing. On the other side of the stucco wall was a large courtyard with lush, leafy native plants and an asymmetrical tree canopy that soften asymmetrical structure with faux red clay roof tiles. As Nurse Elethea Red's heart drives through the larger wrought-iron gate up to the attached garage.

Justice parks on the street in front of the residence as the two unicorns stand on the curb waiting for Elethea to open the tall, slender wrought-iron gate to let them into the courtyard. The two unicorns observed that the neighborhood is comprises of large historic apartment buildings going toward the city, smaller apartment buildings, some single-family homes, and duplexes in various designs. This area is a mishmash of species from across Equestria, a much larger version of Ponyville in the Friendship Kingdom, but not as stiff as Canterlot. This area feels like a neighborhood with residence walking about heading to the city or coming back.

"So what do you say, Emerald?" Justice said inquiry to his's unicorn mare partner as she slips her pearly purple flawless and unblemished barefoot out of her peep-toed pump and splays her toes out of a nervous habit.

"This neighborhood Justice is not the type of neighborhood that would be broken into twice and very unlikely the same home why the residence was away. Anyone walking by this home at any time would see someone breaking into the home and notify the police department about it." Emerald explains as she slipping her foot back into her peep-toed pump and slips her other foot out of the other pump out of the same nervous habit.

"You are right, Emerald; I agree with you that the same home wouldn't be broken into twice without someone notice it and calling the police department about it. It seems that most people around here know each other." Justice said as he gestures his hand in front of him like Emerald out of a nervous habit.

"So what do you think is going on, Justice? With this, Mr. Russell Merriweather?" Emerald asked.

"We know something got Mr. Merriweather spooked to the point that he turned his home into a fortress and didn't leave his home for a week. We also know a week later, he resumed his normal schedule. Then his home was broken into a second time, which then he mentioned my name as the only one being able to look into it for him." Justice explains as Elethea opens the gate for them to enter the courtyard.

The heels of Lady Emerald Luster peep-toed pumps click-clacking across the decorative outdoor glazed ceramic tile of the courtyard up to an archway with no decoration in center of the archway was a thick wooden door with a small glass window with decorative wrought-iron work spindles on the window. As the two unicorns continue to follow Elethea up to the door, they both notice the tiny and very few glass windows on the home's exterior walls. All of them have the same decorative wrought-iron work spindles on them.

"Justice, did you notice the windows on the home?" Emerald comments as she looks towards the exterior wall of the home.

"I did Emerald; those windows are too small for any pony to break into the home, and that decorative wrought-iron work spindle is the mainstay of this type of home," Justice explains as Emerald taps her foot on the ground.

"So, how can anyone break into this home with this kind of look?" Emerald's comment looks hard at the home.

"That an excellent question, Emerald? Plus, it looks like this started a long time ago. Mr. Merriweather probably bought this type of home because of decorative wrought-iron work spindles and small windows." Justice explains as Emerald taps her foot on the ground more.

"If that true Justice, then the research by Anita is the most critical for this case. Plus, why did Elethea say he turn it into a Fortress?" Emerald asked as the two unicorns stop just in front of the archway to talk for a little while.

"My guess Emerald, is that Elethea has never seen this type of home before. This type of look is not found in Ponyville or Canterlot. It most likely found only here in Coltifornia." Justice comments as they continue up to the door.

Slowly the door is open by a handsome medium gray unicorn stallion with dark red mane and tail. His iron-muscled 6ft 1in equine figure is attired in a white dress shirt, and light gray texture men stretch slim fit suit pants. On his eleven and one-sixth inch socked medium gray bare feet were brown dress shoes. This unicorn was Butler Bernardo Looter, a mysterious unicorn stallion with a buccaneer air about him and household servant for Mr. Merriweather.

Standing in the center of the large white stucco walled living room was an elegant-looking light gray unicorn mare with dark purple and mauve strip mane and tail. Her athletic 6ft even equine figure was attired in brown short-sleeve top of the knee-length fit and flare dress. Why on fit light gray bare legs were taupe-colored thigh-high stockings. On her eleven inches, long light gray bare feet with sky blue toenail polish were white round-toed stiletto heels. This second unicorn mare was Housekeeper Margarita Looter, like Bernardo, a mysterious unicorn mare with a buccaneer air about her and household servant for Mr. Merriweather.

As they continue into the living room from the landing on the top of the staircase appears a clean-cut purple-colored earth pony stallion with yellow mane and tail holding a loaded service-six Ruger revolver in his hand. His toned 5ft 8in equine figure is an attired light gray classic fit suit. On his eleven inches, long purple socked bare feet were black oxford dress shoes. This earth pony stallion was Mr. Russell Merriweather, a successful investment banker from Los Ungulas Bank and Nurse Red heart resident patient.

"Come no further! I will shoot!" Russell said, his voice explodes out of him, pointing the gun toward the two unicorns and Nurse Red Heart in the living room as the household servants quickly disappear.

"Mr. Merriweather! Put down that gun right now! I told you that I knew how to contact the Royal Investigator!" Elethea yells bluntly as Justice and Emerald notice the boot prints on the stair tread leading up to the home's second floor.

"Is that the Royal Investigator?" Russell asked as his face glazes with a shock that Nurse Red heart contacted the Royal Investigator.

"Yes, Mr. Merriweather! This is Lord Justice Silverlight (gesturing toward the dark blue unicorn stallion) and his partner Lady Emerald Luster (gesturing toward the pearly purple unicorn mare), The Royal Investigator for the Princesses of Equestria." Elethea comments as Mr. Merriweather lower the gun.

"My lord and my lady, please come up," Russell said, a little bit friendlier as Justice, Emerald, and Elethea continue up the stairs to Mr. Merriweather's room.

Mr. Russell Merriweather's bedroom is large white stucco walled squared room with the same small windows and decorative wrought-iron work spindles on the outside window. A queen-size bed dominates the room. On one side of the room are two dressers, a long dresser with a mirror, and a tall dresser with four drawers. their is a single nightstand on the right side of the bed and three chairs in the room. A single large chest is at the foot of the bed with a cushion.

"I have never been a rich pony, my lord, and lady. But I don't trust the Royal Bank of Equestria or bankers in general." Russell commends using a key from his pocket of his jacket to open the large chest in front of the bed. Inside the chest was many bits and bonds from various businesses around Equestria nicely organized and stacked.

"So Mr. Merriweather, who are the ponies that are accosting you and why?" Justice said bluntly as Russell blink with surprise at the statement from Justice, and a knowing look appears on Emerald's face agreeing with Justice as she came to the same conclusion as him.

"That is preposterous, my lord! I have no idea who the ponies are that have been accosting me, or much less why?" Russell said with pretend anger.

"Yet! You want us to investigate something!? I would say it would be in your best interest Mr. Merriweather to tell us what you know?" Emerald said sharply as stress lines form on his snout.

"Emerald, lets go! He will not say anything!" Justice said as he bid goodbye to Nurse Red heart and left.

"Justice, who do's you think those ponies are?" Emerald asked, walking down the staircase next to Justice.

"You probably came to the same conclusion I did, Emerald." Justice comment knowing.

"That Mr. Merriweather does know who the ponies are and why they are accosting him. This all started in his past." Emerald explains as the two unicorns climb back into the car and head back to the estate.

"Correct, Emerald, let see what Anita dug up from her research. Besides, we will get a call tomorrow from Elethea about this case." Justice comments as he pulls into traffic to drive back to the estate.