• Published 21st Nov 2020
  • 10,905 Views, 1,881 Comments

The One True King - JDPrime22



Can Equestria’s greatest heroes coexist with these mythical and majestic beasts… or will they have to accept that their rule has come to an end? For the rule of the one true king, Godzilla, has returned.

  • ...
13
 1,881
 10,905

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 46 – God Save the Queen

Chapter 46

“If no pain, then no love. If no darkness, no light. If no risk, then no reward. It’s all or nothing. In this damn world, it’s all or nothing.”

Glennon Doyle Melton

Crystal Empire

There was no silence in the skies. The storms were howling, but the monsters raged within them. Breathtaking, illuminating glows of heavenly turquoise and fiery reds clashed and rolled and washed across the blizzard, transforming it into a firestorm of horrific proportions.

Breaking free from the clouds, Mothra and Rodan were wrapped in each other’s limbs and wings. Her cries meshed with his ferocious roars, the Fire Demon ripping and tearing at her skin. At her wings. Burning her coat to a crisp all while Mothra suffered. All while she could so very little in return. He was a bloodthirsty, rage-driven beast controlled by one who desired his rage above anything else. He was unrelenting.

T.I.T.A.N.’s fleet witnessed such brutality from high above. Yearning and praying for Mothra’s safety, rooting for the Titan that gave them another chance, they felt only their hope perish further and further from the light with every agonizing second that passed. They saw Rodan rip into her with his talons. They saw him scorch her body with his bio-volcanic skin. And now, they watched as they descended like a morphed fireball from the skies.

Rodan broke from her, being sure to rip his talons free and fling Mothra clear across the Crystal Empire. She made impact with a crystal building, the great moth drooping her wings and being completely unprepared for the dive-bombing Living Fire impacting her seconds later.

Mothra cried.

Shining Armor had enough. He couldn't rightfully witness the destruction of his Empire, the loss of his allies, and continue to do nothing. As long as they did something, anything, then that was enough. The damages the Radiance sustained were partially repaired. It would be risky sending it and their fleet in now, but what other choice did they have?

Leave their forces alone down there?

Leave Mothra to die?

Not a chance. “Is our fleet ready to reengage?!” Shining bellowed, his eyes unable to look anywhere else except down below.

Rodan howled in Mothra’s face, his beak intending for her head.

The confirmation came quickly. “Your Highness, all T.I.T.A.N. ships and royal fleets are on standby, waiting on your word!”

Letting the flames douse over her, Rodan reared forward, only to have Mothra slam her forelimbs down on his head and knock him off the building. He flew off, turning around shortly back to the tower. Mothra steadily climbed it, never taking her stare off the Fire Demon.

Shining held up his hoof. “Hold it… our target isn’t still…”

Spreading his wings, hovering in the fog of the storm, Rodan roared and quickly descended once again. And once again, he impacted the very same building and the very same Titan. The fires weren’t nearly as bad, but it still burned Mothra all the same.

“Hold it…!” Shining Armor warned, his eyes growing wide, his stare intensifying. His hoof trembled.

He snapped at her head, and Mothra dodged to the right. He snapped at it again, and she dodged to the left. Growing annoyed, Rodan lifted himself higher, the Golden Devil’s lightning erupting over his head, as he shrieked and drove his beak one last time for her head. One last killing strike.

Shining sliced his hoof to the floor.

FIRE!”

An earth-shattering array of thundering blasts rocked the storms and devastated the clouds. Practically every airship available unloaded their armament onto the flaming Titan beneath them. Every last T.I.T.A.N. aircraft, royal ship, and even the remnants of Tempest Shadow’s fleet fired an astounding bombardment of explosive cannons rounds. And almost instantly, the rounds hit their target perfectly.

Rodan’s back erupted. The Titan reared back just as immediately as he reared forward, his beak howling in shocking pain as the explosive rounds and shrapnel tore across his back and wings. Mothra observed the grandiose sight with an awestruck look in her eyes, witnessing the diverse peoples of Equus uniting to come to her aid. But even then, they would have never defeated Rodan. She knew that. She understood that.

So, she took their attack as a distraction and readied herself.

Thankfully so, for Rodan instantly returned his focus onto her, driving his beak down and intending to sever her head clean from her body with a single bite.

But he didn’t.

He froze that time.

His howls, his roars, his ferocious battle cries… they all ceased. All he could formulate was a gasping, whimpering sound.

For when he bent down to kill, he drew himself close enough for Mothra to strike. And strike she did, her stinger driven directly through Rodan’s left shoulder and jutting free on the other side. Steam and embers flowed from the wound, joining the snow in the wind. Removing her stringer, Mothra pushed Rodan off of her and watched the howling creature descend into the pool of flames at the base of the tower. Back into the fires of hell in which he was conceived.

A thunderous round of cheers filled the Radiance and various other airships. Just the mere sight of it gave T.I.T.A.N. another victory, with another beast down and only one more to deal with. The celebration didn’t last long because of that, but Shining Armor celebrated even shorter. His eyes were locked with Mothra, the victory he felt in his heart now doused with an overbearing sense of dread.

She whimpered weakly. Her limbs trembled as she tried to rise up on the building, only to slip and let her torn and bloody form rest atop of its foundations. Her wings were scorched, the ends singed with holes spread across each. The more he stared at her, the more Shining came to understand the sacrifice not only Mothra went through, but what they all went through.

Right now, there were countless T.I.T.A.N. soldiers out there in the Crystal Empire rounding up and constraining the defeated Titans. The losses they suffered was probably insurmountable compared to how much the fleets lost. Celestia, Luna, his wife Cadance, they were nowhere to be seen ever since they faced off with Ghidorah, and that alone terrified Shining Armor to his core. Then there was his little sister and her friends, the Elements of Harmony going toe to toe with Sombra only have Godzilla come to their aid. He hoped for that, anyway. He hoped Godzilla got to them in time.

Godzilla… Mothra… here they were sacrificing their bodies, their wills, their lives just so they all could survive. Just so their world could have another day in which King Ghidorah did not rule. And now it appeared that Mothra was done, unable to go on a second more. She had done all she could, and now she needed to rest to dress her wounds. Which left Godzilla as their last hope…

Their last hope was failing.

King Ghidorah seemed unshaken, undeterred. He ignored his wounds and struck his foe while he could hardly recover from his own. Flapping his wings, Ghidorah took flight and charged toward Godzilla, pelting him furiously with seemingly unending streaks of gravity beams. The lightning tore across Godzilla’s chest and limbs, the Titan crying at each impact against him. He wasn’t ready when Ghidorah reached him, when the dragon spun in mid-air and slammed his club-like tails across his skull.

His senses dulled. His vision nearly went black. Godzilla felt the deafening thud and nothing more for several seconds. Not even the feeling of his body collapsing on top of various crystal houses, or the impact against the road and tattered earth in which he was partly responsible. He laid their unmoving, groaning while Ghidorah landed, wings extended as all six of his fiendish, yellow eyes fell to him.

Fortunately, he never gained another inch closer, because Discord made it so.

He wrapped himself like a serpent around Ghidorah’s towering necks, uniting all three and tightening himself into a knot around them. Ghidorah shrieked, glaring down at the face of the draconequus. But before he could tear Discord apart, a bombardment of epic proportions fell from the heavens and doused Ghidorah in fire and shrapnel.

T.I.T.A.N. engaged with the Devil, every last airship they had in the skies targeting Monster Zero and giving him everything they had. Shining Armor ordained it so, watching as their blasts shrouded Ghidorah in a fog of blackness, brightened by the constant explosions of the cannons erupting upon his body. Then, there was Discord, now constraining each head from snapping at him, rearing himself back and forcing Ghidorah to backpedal. The fleet followed. They fired. Discord fought on.

They did all they could to help, but it wasn’t enough. They were not enough.

Without the aid of his chaotic prowess, Discord was at a severe disadvantage against the hydra. And so, he lost his grip on the slithering, shrieking heads. In doing so, they reared up and unleashed three gravity beams directly into the sky. Right into the heart of the fleet. The beams severed the fleet in multiple halves, tearing and eviscerating entire airships into flaming ribbons. Each gravity beam kept on firing until Shining Armor had no choice.

“Everypony, back off! Retreat from the immediate vicinity!”

His order was followed through, and the fleet broke off. The royal ships were escorted by numerous T.I.T.A.N. aircraft to safety, while the T.I.T.A.N. airships and Tempest’s fleet broke off wherever they could, flames still licking at their hulls.

Seeing that, Ghidorah quickly turned back to the draconequus still wrapped around his necks. Having the absolute worst attempt at a brave face, instead performing an about face, Discord gave a nervous chuckle. Ghidorah snarled, cackling as all three heads reared down and sank their fangs into a piece of Discord’s body and tore himself free.

Achieving that, Ghidorah actually tore Discord apart, flinging his body parts to and fro. To his continued surprise, however, Ghidorah watched as the pieces came together and reforged the draconequus. Only, he was not entirely ready to fight. He struggled momentarily on the ground, finding his footing, his strength, whatever was needed to face Ghidorah once more.

The King of Terror had tasted this chaotic power once before. Now, he had seen it with his own eyes. The draconequus would not experience a natural death like the other creatures. Almost as if he was beyond the realm of life and death. Having had but a taste of Discord’s chaotic power, Ghidorah now craved for more. For all of it.

So, just before Discord could fully rise, Ghidorah slammed his feet onto the Spirit of Chaos’ back. He slithered around the draconequus' body, reared down and drove his teeth into Discord’s neck, absorbing as much of the chaos as he could. Discord’s howls of pain filled the Crystal Empire with turmoil and terror, all of which stemmed from the Golden Demise forcing his dominance upon him. His long, golden necks now were filled with the flowing forces of pure chaos magic, and he didn’t stop. He drank and drank his fill until he there would be nothing left in his victim.

Discord’s eyes popped open at the realization, at the sheer nightmare of a reality if Ghidorah managed to devour his chaos magic fully. The power to reshape reality, amplified by the will and evil of King Ghidorah, could spell certain catastrophe on a cosmic scale. Their galaxy, every galaxy, their entire universe and even beyond… nowhere would be safe from Ghidorah’s reach. Nothing would remain sacred. He could have it all…

Discord’s terror stemmed from that, and the fact that only he was able to understand that simply amplified his dread. But he wasn’t alone.

Someone else understood.

And fighting through the pain, through the fires, through the death that tried to consume her, Mothra tore through the storm and struck the back of Ghidorah.

The sudden attack took the tyrant by surprise, Ghidorah screeching as he was torn from his feet and throttled to the earth directly over Discord. As for the draconequus, he fell and rolled flat on his back, weakly gazing to the skies as unconsciousness slowly began to devour him. But before he went, he lazily turned to his lion paw, snapping his fingers and returning to normal size.

He snickered. Not all of his chaos magic was stolen. At least Ghidorah failed in that aspect.

He found comfort in that as the blackness overcame his mind.

Kicking off of the Demon, Mothra struggled to maintain her flight pattern with her wings so badly damaged. But she managed, turning to face Ghidorah head-on. Turning around brought her practically face to faces with the rising tyrant. He only kept on rising, all three necks rearing back and lighting up a haunting, terrifying gold.

Mothra knew what it was. She knew what would come. She even knew there was no time to escape it. Her body wouldn’t allow it.

Her mind, her heart, and her spirit… they were ready for it.

Ghidorah’s jaws opened with that blinding gold and she was ready.

Firing his gravity beams onto her was met with no resistance. Mothra took the full force of the triple gravity beam blast and cried out from the impact. She was blown back several hundred yards, crashing through various towers of crystal until the gravity beams ceased. By then, her body came crumbling down with the towers, with the crystals both infected and pure.

In the ruins, she laid. And she was ruined all the same. Her body, torn and broken. Her limbs and wings, burned and shredded. Weakly lifting her head, Mothra watched the Demon stampede her way, shrieking his horrific cry of a devil and nothing more. There was nothing more she could do. Nothing more that her body could act to retaliate, to defend, to survive.

All she did was watch.

Watch the Demon grow closer.

Watch all three heads open their jaws at her.

All she did was watch… and wait… to die.

But as the darkest night faced its eeriest hour, a brilliant light emerged to wash away the dark. Just as Godzilla emerged with a ferocious roar, tackling Ghidorah just as he was mere seconds from dealing the deathly final strike on the Queen of the Monsters. Godzilla knew who Ghidorah had targeted. He knew because he felt her pain, her fear, and forced himself to rise to save her… as she had saved him. That symbiotic relationship they shared hadn’t ended. It had only grown more powerful.

Pulling Ghidorah away, Godzilla forced every last will he had left in body to finish the fight. It hurt. It was a torment unlike any he had felt. But he knew losing Mothra would have been far worse. He roared. He bled. He fought his heart out just as Ghidorah did.

All while Mothra tried to stand, crying out and falling back to the ruins. Unable to help her king for the end to come.

Author's Note:

Artwork by Shrekzilla

PreviousChapters Next