• Published 21st Nov 2020
  • 10,951 Views, 1,881 Comments

The One True King - JDPrime22



Can Equestria’s greatest heroes coexist with these mythical and majestic beasts… or will they have to accept that their rule has come to an end? For the rule of the one true king, Godzilla, has returned.

  • ...
13
 1,881
 10,951

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13 – Alpha War

Chapter 13

“The arrogance of men is thinking nature is in our control and not the other way around. Let them fight.”

Dr. Ishiro Serizawa

The Frozen North, Outpost Frostbite

With their roars heard, nothing else needed to be said. Nothing more other than to see the other lying dead by their feet. Ghidorah made the first move, slamming his feet onto the ice and clawing at it with his wings. He tore through the earth and snow to reach his desired target. All the years of solitude, of imprisonment, all because of him… it all came rushing back.

And it all reminded Ghidorah of why he despised Godzilla so, so much.

Godzilla made the next move, dipping his head low and crushing the world beneath him with thundering and explosive tremors. Each earth-shattering footstep only got faster and faster, his nuclear heart burning hotter with each step, with each yard severed, as he grew closer to the demon that nearly claimed his world. With vigor in his heart and fury in his spirit, and as long as he still breathed the air of the earth, Godzilla ensured that Ghidorah would never seize his world again.

For his hatred of Ghidorah burned even brighter than their flames that encompassed it once before… so, so long ago.

They charged one another until the distance was crushed, and their bodies impacted with a shock wave of pure power. After millions of years apart, millions of years of hatred, of silence, of agony, they finally collided once more. The world was once again shaken by their war. They clashed. In a flurry of roars and shrieks, they clashed. Their claws ripped, jaws bit, and throats tore with their signature cries, the beasts pummeling one another in a desperate effort to force the other into a quick submission. But it was not so easy.

Both alpha Titans refused to bow.

And so, they raged on.

And so, Bon Bon was pulled out of her frozen stupor to act while the iron was hot. To retreat while the monsters killed each other. She spun around with renowned speed and adrenaline, eyes wide as the wind and snow tore at her mane. She screamed, “Everypony, run! Get to the airships NOW!”

Lightning shot across the skies, lighting up the horrific battle unfolding behind Bon Bon’s flowing mane. The sounds of two titanic forces of nature ripping each other apart and the world feeling the aftermath of their strikes was more than enough of a reason to fall back. To retreat. To survive.

“You heard her! Follow us!” Luna declared, shooting out her wings and igniting her horn to light their way into the whiteout.

Ghidorah cackled.

“Everypony, this way!” Celestia bellowed, waving her hoof to the many masses before her.

Godzilla roared.

In that panic, all confusion was wiped away as one central thought process was forced into the minds of everypony present. From T.I.T.A.N. agents, scientists, members and rulers of the Crystal Empire, and even the Council of Friendship, all were shaken out of their terrified trances and forced themselves to spin around and make a run for it. Celestia and Luna waved them along, with Shining Armor and Cadance addressing and assisting the large caravan of fleeing equines. Their voices were drowned out by the war unfolding, and the cries of the many filling the storm.

“Go, go, go!”

“Run! Ruuunnn!”

“Don’t look back! Just keep running!”

So many voices, so much so that Bon Bon lost track of her own. She didn’t know which voice cried out to the many because the battle of the Titans filled every aspect of their reality from that point forward. And they couldn’t escape it. She couldn’t escape it. No matter how many ponies galloped past her, no matter how many times she tried to follow their words and ignore what was happening—to simply run away in order to live—she was always brought back to that reality.

Her eyes always returned to her worst nightmare filling her world.

The storm raged and the lightning clashed around them. The elements of nature did not deter Godzilla one bit. He reared forward, biting down on the right head of Ghidorah. Ni roared and shrieked, unable to escape the claws of the mighty Titan. Grabbing Ni with both claws, Godzilla cried and slammed the head into the ice. Ichi bit down on Godzilla’s shoulder while San shrieked above.

The gust of frost and snow washed over the equines and created a blizzard instantaneously. The ponies were lost in it, but Shining and Cadance cleared the darkness with their horns, their magic washing away the snow in a pulsating wave.

“Let’s go! Let’s go! Come on, everypony, move it!” Shining bellowed, waving the many towards him in a desperate attempt to light their way to the former rulers. To the snow terrain vehicle. To their escape.

Princess Cadance aided a T.I.T.A.N. scientist, the mare tripping over herself and slipping into a pile of snow. With the pony back to her hooves, her documents safely returned to her, Cadance flinched to the hellish sounds of war and chaos unfolding before her. The Frozen North was torn asunder as the Titans clashed against the earth, the tundra, and the glacier.

Slabs of ice shot up upon every impact of Godzilla’s feet against the ground. The two colossal beasts grappled with one another for several seconds, until Ghidorah finally found his edge. The heads slithered between Godzilla’s grasp, wrapping and tightening around his neck in an attempt to strangle him. Godzilla fought back against the attempt, biting and clawing at the many necks constricting his throat. Screeching at the assault, Ghidorah flapped his wings and flew directly over him. They both were picked up from the earth, Ghidorah rolling in mid-air and throwing the gargantuan lizard a hundred yards away.

Another fifty yards to the left, and he would have crushed the fleeing equines. Bon Bon took notice to that immediately, the mare witnessing the towering Titan come crashing down. The impact sent a tremor all throughout the Frozen North, everypony nearly crashing to the ice beneath them.

Godzilla skidded and rolled, resting on his chest as his chin lay flat against the ice. Ghidorah growled and hissed at that, Ni snapping at the air. Godzilla’s eyes flared open, the yellow bright among the darkness and sleet. He lifted his head and turned appropriately, roaring back at Ghidorah.

With everypony struggling to rise back up, Bon Bon was seemingly trapped in her own mind and fears and qualms once again. She was simply left without words, without a single coherent thought. No potential response, not one that would have made a difference to her safety or anypony else’s. She was just trapped, constantly twisting her neck back again and again to witness Gojira and Ghidorah tearing each other apart.

When he arose, Godzilla slashed at Ghidorah’s middle head, spinning around and slamming his tail across Ghidorah’s body. The impact sent the hydra sliding several hundred feet to the left, Ghidorah crashing into the largest facility in Outpost Frostbite. Monster Zero screamed and cackled as he lost his footing, falling backwards into the rising flames and descending buildings.

Godzilla charged into the outpost without a moment’s hesitation, ignoring the few T.I.T.A.N. agents fleeing the same burning facilities. Several more still screamed in terror within the battlegrounds.

Bon Bon’s eyes widened at that. She was finally wakened up. “They’re trapped…”

She felt a sharp tug on the back of her hazmat suit. Turning to it, it was Princess Twilight Sparkle yanking at her with her Alicorn magic. “Bon Bon, we have to leave now!” Twilight cried.

The rest of her friends were already in strong support of that, backpedaling quickly and deliberately away from the battle. However, they were paused by Bon Bon’s fleeting cry.

“We can’t leave them behind!” she told Twilight, prying away from her magic and nodding her back. “Go on, get outta here! I’ll catch up!”

Twilight suddenly focused on where Bon Bon was intending to go, her ears twitching to the sounds of screams echoing from within the base. Her heart ached at the prospects of she and her friends simply abandoning them, leaving them to fend for themselves against two unstoppable forces. And leaving Bon Bon in a fatal attempt to save them all on her own.

Only… she wasn’t alone. Twilight knew that. She believed in that. The determination burning bright on Twilight’s features made its flame known, the Alicorn spinning her neck back and shouting, “Celestia!”

The snow-colored Alicorn flinched to her name, facing the call and seeing the mares.

Celestia!” Twilight called again, adding extra oomph into her voice. Not enough for a Royal Canterlot Voice, but very close nonetheless. “Get the agents to safety! We’re going back for the others!”

Debating on letting the ruler of Equestria risk her life in the midst of Godzilla and Ghidorah’s war, Celestia turned to Luna for support. The younger sister nodded fiercely. Celestia held her breath, facing Twilight and declaring, “You will have assistance soon! I promise!”

And with that, the two sisters continued to aid the masses. They waved them on and led them to the lone, steel train waiting for them on the outskirts of Outpost Frostbite. Facing away from them, Twilight was surrounded by the many familiar faces of her best friends. They never left her side. Not even for a second.

Twilight managed a weak smile at that. “Last chance to join them,” she offered.

“In your dreams,” Rainbow scoffed with a valiant smirk.

“We do this together!” Applejack cried, pumping her hoof.

“For those who can’t save themselves!” Pinkie cheered.

“For everypony!” Rarity steadfastly shouted.

“We’re with you, Twilight!” Fluttershy declared, the storm licking at her flowing mane.

Spike nodded to her with a confident smirk. “Until the end!”

They were gone. All seven of them charged with Bon Bon leading them into the arising flames within the literal eye of the storm. Seeing their departure and wishing them the best of luck, Celestia knew they would not last long without that assistance. So, with her horn shimmering as bright as a signaling torch—Luna’s own horn just as bright and powerful—the sisters telepathically called to the ponies still stationed in the Radiance. Within the entire T.I.T.A.N. fleet.

They couldn’t reply back, but they definitely heard their distress call. Celestia so desperately hoped they did.

As for Bon Bon and the Council of Friendship, they slipped past the billowing smoke and raging flames to step inside a decimated outpost. Few buildings were on fire, and the ones that weren’t were already evacuated. The screams were still coming from inside the burning facilities. Twilight and Rarity instantly got to work on dousing the flames with their magic, while Applejack cleared what debris there was and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie zoomed inside. There, they used their incredible speeds to save as many ponies trapped inside as possible. With them safe out in the open, Fluttershy and Spike tended to their wounds.

Bon Bon wanted to help. She pointed out a few buildings where she heard the screams, but she did not assist the Council in any way to get the ponies out. Her attention was quickly captured by the silhouettes of the Titans going at it. The storm and snow concealed their true forms, but she could still witness their shadows. She could still feel every impact and every roar tremble through her spirit and torture her collapsing mind.

With the agents and scientists in the first building safely escorted outside, Twilight addressed them quickly and shouted, “Get to Shining Armor and Princess Cadance! They’ll get you to safety!”

With silent thanks and subtle nods sent the princess’ way, the rescued ponies began to flee together in a pack. Their bodies vanished into the storm, only the guiding light of Shining and Cadance’s horns able to guide them to the Crystal Empire’s royalty.

The Council went to work on the next building Bon Bon pointed out. As for Bon Bon, she turned back to the battle.

Saw a war for the ages.

Godzilla gored Ghidorah in the sternum, driving the three-headed dragon into a mountain side. So much force was put into the tackle that the devastation it caused was immense. The mountain practically shattered, streams of snow and ice sliding down in a rushing avalanche that crashed directly on top of Ghidorah. The dragon cried as the white wave covered him, made him collapse, silenced his voice among the tons and tons of ice.

The King of the Monsters snorted and stared into the fog, slowly narrowing his eyes.

He didn’t have a single second to react, nor a chance to cry out once Ghidorah struck. The Death Song of Three Storms made his song heard, his horrific screeches infecting the air as lightning shot out from above the same second he emerged. He lunged from the fog, biting down with all three heads on a different part of Godzilla’s body. San bit the shoulder. Ni bit the arm. Ichi went for the throat. He latched himself to the Titan and refused to let go.

Howling at that with a pained shock of surprise, Godzilla stumbled backwards as the Titan ripped and tore as much of him as possible. Godzilla eventually grappled him enough to pry him off and slam the beast into the ground, but Ghidorah’s tails whipped forward and struck the side of Godzilla’s face in retaliation. Shaken with blurred vision, Godzilla backed away.

Rising back up, Ghidorah breathed in and unleashed a barrage of gravity beams onto Godzilla, who failed in an attempt to shield himself. His titanic arms were lifted high to deflect the blasts, but Ghidorah pressed on the assault. Shrieking in pain, Godzilla continued to fall back. Too far back. So much so that Bon Bon took several precautionary steps away from the oncoming, lumbering monster. He raised his tail and slammed it into the ground to halt his movements, the lengthy and towering appendage crashing just mere yards in front of Bon Bon and the Council.

That time, the Council stopped and stared. The ponies they saved from the fires stared with them. Bon Bon, most of all, gazed to the dorsal plates. Her eyes grew so large that they reflected the shimmering pulses of blue light.

His plates begin to glimmer.

His dorsal spikes lit up the same heavenly blue in which he arrived with.

The frequency in the air slowly began to pulse, slowly to correspond with each plate igniting and then quickly picking up. The pulses assaulted everypony’s ears, Bon Bon’s especially for how close she was. Her eyes trailed the mighty tail and watched it rise high above her head. She followed the glow from his tail and all the way up to the Titan’s spine, witnessing true and unmatched power come forth and dominate the storm once again.

Puffing out his chest, taking in a deep breath, Godzilla expelled his atomic breath in an astounding stream of blue energy that shot across the sky. The ponies watched the beam soar above them, their heads following and eyes enlarging to the blast’s intended target.

But Ghidorah was too swift. He was too quick. The heads dodged the blast and reactively fired a trio of gravity beams in retaliation. Unlike Godzilla, Ghidorah made impact with his target. Caught still in the midst of his atomic breath, Godzilla was unable to stop it and fell backwards. He crashed to the earth several yards to Bon Bon’s left and was forced to turn his head to the surplus of building and towers behind the Council. The ones that had survived and remained standing.

They were completely obliterated in a concussive blast of pure, atomic power.

Twilight instinctively created a shield around herself, her friends, and the scientists they saved. The magical bubble was washed in a wave of fire, the shock wave coursing through and knocking Bon Bon right off her hooves. Various other explosions followed from Godzilla’s atomic breath, the remaining buildings within Outpost Frostbite all blistering into a radiated inferno.

Bon Bon was thrown like a thrashing rag doll, the pony violently crashing onto the ice and snow and finally sliding to a stop. Her mind was a haze, the pain flushing through her chest and limbs almost so overwhelming that she wanted to surrender to it. She wanted to give in to the pain because that was how strong it was. But she was stronger. She growled and pressed her hoof into the freezing snow beside her, trembling as she pushed herself up.

Only to fall back down when Ghidorah slammed his massive claw several feet ahead of her.

The shield of magic faded away, wisps of fire vanishing from the bubble’s outer shell to unveil Twilight, the Council, and everypony spared from the explosions. Spared from the fire, but not from the beast. The second the magic dispersed, Ghidorah came into view and zeroed in on the helpless equines.

Backing away with her wings shooting out in a protective manner, Twilight ignited her horn and gritted her teeth. Yet her eyes could not conceal the terror she felt when the demon settled its sights and interest onto them. Ghidorah flicked his forked tongues, hissing and growling with unsatiated hunger. Bon Bon trembled where she laid, the mare closing her eyes and readying herself for the worst.

Several pulses of warm, heavenly power were her greeter instead of death.

Bon Bon opened her eyes, witnessing the magical beams and blasts impacting Ghidorah and causing the beast to shriek and flinch backwards. Twilight and the many with her all turned to witness that astonishing sight. And with it, Twilight slowly smiled. Celestia kept her promise.

Breaking through the storm, Celestia and Luna abandoned their hazmat suits and flew directly into the heart of blackness, fending the darkness off with light. Pure, heavenly, magical light. Their horns were ablaze with every spell needed to silence and defeat a beast such as Ghidorah, their beams shooting off into the night and striking the hydra relentlessly.

But they weren’t alone.

Joining the sisters was a barrage of cannon fire.

And severing the storm itself, the spotlights of the Radiance broke through and made way for the enormous airship. It was joined by several smaller others just like it, the T.I.T.A.N. fleet unleashing their armament onto the slithering, sniveling beast. Several cannon blasts impacted Ghidorah, the dragon turning to them fully and seeing the Radiance, gazing to the vast number of airships following it. Glaring to Celestia and Luna leading the fleet.

His heads dropped and he saw Godzilla rising up. His grim rival roared without any hint of weariness or pain, threatening the possibility of a second round. Ghidorah knew there was no possibility. It was inevitable. It was fate.

But now was not the right time.

Now was the time to rest. To recuperate. To build his strength, his storm… His army.

Outnumbered and therefore outmatched, Ghidorah spread his wings and kicked up from the earth just before Godzilla could reach him. In that gust of wind, it had nearly knocked the Council and the ponies with them back onto the ground, but they remained resilient. They led the scientists towards the oncoming fleet of airships, to the protective wave of power that Celestia and Luna brought with them.

But Bon Bon did not join them. The gust of wind knocked the very wind out of her, throwing her harshly back into the ice and snow. And lying there broken and beaten, Bon Bon weakly lifted her eyes and stared into the raging eye of the storm in which Ghidorah fled towards. The lightning clashed around him, burning the heavens into that horrific glow.

She kept staring and staring until she couldn’t anymore. Until Ghidorah vanished into his storm and his shadow was the last she saw of him.

Godzilla roared. His scream could be felt all throughout the Frozen North, his heated breath steaming out of his agape jaws like a fire that would not die. He lifted his head to the storms and bellowed. In rage. In power. But most of all, in hatred. And Bon Bon stared to him.

Her monster. Her nightmare. Her demon. He roared and roared and shook Bon Bon directly to her core. To her body, mind, and soul.

Bon Bon’s consciousness faded when the blurred face of Twilight Sparkle appeared above her.

Author's Note:

Artwork by Shrekzilla

PreviousChapters Next