• Published 18th Nov 2020
  • 7,280 Views, 17 Comments

The truth about Sunset's Family - ScisetShimmerEvan



Sunset learns the truth on what happened to her family and she now doesn't feel like she has no point in living anymore.

  • ...
4
 17
 7,280

Sadness (Updated 1/13/2023)

Before this story begins, I’d like to mention that this story is dedicated to the loving memory of my Grandmother, who sadly passed away back in March 2020 right before the Pandemic started. Along with the EQG series as well. Since it's been confirmed by Nick Confalone who worked on the show and revealed in March 2021 that a season 3 was denied by Hasbro. Truth is, I kinda saw it coming all along. But it's best to know that the show had a good run when it lasted and that my grandmother is in a better place now. I hope you all enjoy the story.

*****

It was the fall season and the start of the Main 7’s last year at CHS before graduating the coming year. So far, the school year had been going well. Sunset had been much happier than she used to be compared to a year prior thanks to spending quality time with Twilight. And one thing Sunset wasn’t expecting to see on the first day of school was a surprise from Twilight.

Her surprise was a new look she decided to try for their final year at CHS. The outfit she was wearing was the one she wore when she first started at CHS. But this time there were a few changes to her appearance. She had her hair down instead of in a ponytail and was wearing a pink hairband.

Sunset was just surprised at it she ended up surprising Twilight herself the next day, wearing her blue blouse with the see-through, dark blue pants, high heel boots, and her short jacket with yellow stripes on the shoulders.

It was now early November at CHS just a few days after Halloween. The Main 7 had spent together theirs attending a costume party. They even brought Fluttershy along to join the fun. While she disliked the holiday for multiple reasons the party was fun still fun and Fluttershy ended up enjoying it just as much as the rest of them. Even if their costumes all matched.

The current day finds the girls in the music room for some band practice. And like usual, they were all in a good mood. They were trying out a new song that Fluttershy wrote to see if it wasn't any good to use for a future event. After they finished trying out the song they went off to the cafeteria for lunch.

But just as the girls were about to depart Twilight had something important to ask Sunset as the rest of their friends had already left.

“Hey, Sunset? You have a minute?” Twilight asked as she adjusted her glasses.

“Sure Twilight. What is it?”

“I just want to say that I’m proud of you. Since we started our senior semester you’ve been less worried or stressed than you were when our junior year ended. And that you seem to be in a more good mood than ever.”

“Thanks, Twilight. It's due to all the time I’m spending with you and our friends when I'm not at school. Or sending letters through my journal to Princess Twilight. But I still find time to do my reading, study for classes, play with Ray, and a few other things. It's been helping me. I haven’t been that worried about anything related anything Equestrian magic related or someone to stop who has plans to do with it.”

“Well, that’s good to know. Speaking of which, how's the Princess been doing lately? Anything new from her lately?” Twilight asked as they exited the music room.

“She’s been quite busy lately. Recently they defeated three of the worst enemies they had ever faced and are currently getting ready for a coronation. Princess Celestia and Luna will be retiring soon and Princess Twilight will be taking over for them.”

“Huh, didn’t know princesses could retire. But still, she must be stressed about the big changes coming for her, especially becoming the newest ruler of your old home. I’d feel the same way she feels if I were in her shoes. I mean hoofs.”

“Hehe, yep. Even if I don't see her as much, I’m just glad I got someone to talk to and ask for any needed advice. Hopefully, Princess Celestia has received my message by now.”

“What message?”

“During the summer I asked Princess Twilight if she can deliver a message to Princess Celestia about how my family is doing. I haven’t heard from them in years. I want to know if they're ok and doing well. I didn't see them often when I was Celestia’s student. I hope they're doing alright after all this time, knowing that I’m alright. And that their daughter is in a good place.”

“They’d also be happy to know how much you’ve changed since you left Equestria Sunset. Not to mention how strong your friendship has become.”

“I should say the same thing to your family as well Twilight,” Sunset said as she softly punched her in the arm. Twilight giggled over it before the two of them entered the cafeteria and joined their friends for lunch.


After the final bell rang that day Sunset arrived back home that evening following another long day of school. She said hello to Ray who was sitting on her favorite rock under his tanning light before she went off to get started on her homework. After finishing her homework and changing her clothes, she decided to get a start on dinner.

As she was waiting for her pot of water to boil so she could get started on her macaroni she heard the sound of her journal vibrating, signaling her that she was getting a message from Princess Twilight.

Sunset ran over to her backpack as fast as she could as she pulled it out and started to read. But what Sunset didn’t know about this message was that it wasn't a good one.

Dear Sunset.

I got some news back from Princess Celestia recently regarding your family. But we learned something you must know that I need to be honest about. You see, a few years after you left Equestria your family was tragically killed in a snowstorm that went through their village. Their home was tragically destroyed and none of them survived. I’m very sorry Sunset. I know what it feels like to lose someone you care for. If you need to talk to me about it, I won’t mind you coming for a short visit. For now, I’ll leave you be.

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight.

The moment Sunset finished reading the letter she was utterly shocked!

She dropped the book out of her hands as the words flowed through her mind over what she had read. She couldn't believe it. Her family was dead! Her parents, her older brother and younger sister, it was unbelievable! Sunset didn’t know what to think about what she just, read before she heard the sound of the water overflowing from the pan on the stove. She ran over and turned off the stove.

She decided to cook something later as food can simply wait for now. But at that moment, all felt inside herself, was sadness.

After all these years since she left Equestria her family was gone.

Her heart shattered like glass.

Tears began building up inside of her before they went down Sunset’s face as she started to cry. She never expected to learn her family was tragically killed a year after she abandoned her studies in Equestria, and that she now had no family left to stay in contact with.

She went to her bathroom and collapsed onto the floor bringing her legs up to her chest in dismay. She continued to cry like there was no tomorrow, knowing that she was alone again. She had no family left aside from her friends.

And for the first time in five months, Sunset wasn’t sure how to move on from this.


The next morning Sunset arrived at school with bags in her eyes. She was still in the same clothes she wore the previous night, and her hair was a complete mess. She didn’t have time to comb it this morning as she woke up in the bathroom that morning learning she had spent most of her night crying.

As she passed many students in the halls of CHS, many were surprised to see the state she was in. Sunset soon spotted her friends all together huddled around some lockers as she walked over to them as they noticed her arrival.

“Good morning Sun- scream” Rarity screamed, as she looked at the horrible state her friend was in bringing more worried looks from her friends.

“Sunset, are you ok?” Questioned Fluttershy.

“You look like you’ve lost all your energy and need a hug!” Said Pinkie Pie as she came towards her friend.

“No Pinkie. I’m fine. I didn’t sleep at all last night.”

“You want to talk about it Sugarcube? Classes don’t start for another half hour. We won’t mind listening to it if it'll help you?” Ask a worried Applejack.

“Of course, we would. Anything for a friend. We care so much about you Sunset, very much, almost like we're a family,” Twilight said, as she smiled at her girlfriend.

This however caused Sunset to nearly lose her balance after she heard the mention of family. She wanted to tell her friends about the news she learned of, but she wasn’t sure how’d they react to it. So Sunset decided to make up a lie to get the discussion over with.

“I’m ok. I just spent last night doing nothing but my homework and a project due for English next week. Wasn’t in bed till one am. I’ll be fine later in the day. I promise.”

“Sunset you don’t need to hide anything from us. We care about you. And my gut is telling me something is up. You're hiding something from us,” said Rainbow Dash.

“No, I'm fine. Just give me some space and I’ll be back to my normal self by lunchtime.”

“Can I at least help you with your hair? Maybe offer a change of clothes as well? I hate seeing you like this darling. Just look at how wrinkled your clothes are,” asked Rarity as she looked at Sunset’s wrinkled clothes.

“Thanks for the offer Rarity, but I can deal with this. Now I better head to my locker and get my books for class. I'll catch you, girls, later.”

And before they knew it Sunset left her friends, who were all in a worried state.

“Girls, something is up with Sunset. She hasn’t been this down since she tried to kill herself over the Memory Stone incident.” said a worried Fluttershy.

“Yeah, she must be hidin’ something she doesn’t want us to know. But what is it?” Questioned Applejack.

“Maybe she just needs some time to think after her rough right. I feel that way sometimes,” replied Rainbow Dash.

“I don’t know Rainbow. I noticed the way Sunset is and looked. Just judging by her appearance, she must have been crying over something,” said Twilight.

“Maybe she just skipped breakfast or something? I feel that way when I don’t have a big breakfast,” replied Pinkie Pie.

“Oh, the poor girl. I’d feel the same when feeling that bad. Especially over wrinkled clothes. I wish I could have helped her with her hair and offered a change of clothes. I always keep backups just in case,” Rarity said as she pulled a clothing rack out of nowhere.

“Sometimes I’ll never understand where you store that Rarity,” wondered Applejack.

“A lady never reveals her secret darling.”

“Whatever happened to Sunset, we need to find out before she decides to do something we know will end in disaster. For now, let’s give her the space she needs.”

The rest of the girls nodded in agreement before splitting off to their first classes of the day.


It was now lunchtime by the time Twilight entered the cafeteria. She was hoping she to talk to Sunset about what was on her mind. She hadn't seen her at all since they talked earlier that morning before class started. She was starting to get worried at this point and so were her friends.

After getting her food she joined her friends at their usual table they sat at for lunch. But after sitting down she noticed Sunset wasn’t there.

The others hadn't seen or heard from her since their encounter in the hallways that morning. They figured Sunset must have either wanted to just be alone or gone home earlier.

For the rest of the day, no one saw Sunset at CHS, and shockingly not even the next day at school at all either.


Two days have now gone by, and Sunset had still not shown up for school. The girls met up at the portal after school that day to discuss where Sunset possibly might be before leaving school for the day.

“Has anyone gotten word, a text, or even a call from her?” Asked a worried Fluttershy. But all she got were five nods in reply from her friends.

None of them have heard anything from Sunset, and now they knew they had to find her.

“Something's telling me Sunset just wants to be alone for some reason. Not sure what’s going on with her, but it's like she’d disappeared completely!” Said Applejack.

“Girls, let me handle this. I’ll stop by Sunset’s apartment to see if she’s there and reason with her. She's my girlfriend and Sunset trusts me the most. I'm not sure if she will this time, but it's worth a shot,” replied Twilight.

“Alright, Sugarcube. If you say so,” said the worried Applejack.

“Make sure to text us about how she is darling,” replied Rarity.

“I will. I’ll see you all tomorrow.”

And soon Twilight was off to Sunset’s apartment.


When Twilight arrived at Sunset's place, she discovered that no one was home. What was more surprising was that the front door wasn't even locked!

After entering the apartment it looked to be that it was abandoned. While nothing appeared to be stolen, the only source of life that could be found was Ray the gecko, sleeping in his cage on a rock under his heat lamp.

Twilight soon got worried. She started to think Sunset must have been hiding somewhere in her apartment to stay away from her and anyone else.

“Sunset? Sunset where are you? It’s Twilight! Are you ok? Please say something?” Twilight shouted but with no reply.

She checked the bed to find the sheets all messy, then the bathroom. But all there was there to find in there were Sunset’s pajamas which only brought more worry to Twilight.

“Oh, Sunset. Where are you?”

Twilight started to panic right about now until she realized her phone was ringing.

“Hello?” Twilight said answering her phone.

“Hey Twilight, It’s Timber.”

“Oh hi Timber. Wasn’t expecting to receive a call from you.”

“Neither was I til a few minutes ago. You might not believe me, but earlier I saw Sunset in the Everfree forest. I'm not one hundred perfect sure if it was her though. I only saw her for a split second but I can tell it was her. I saw someone with red hair and with yellow lining. It must have been Sunset, but I have no idea where she is going.”

“She’s in the Everfree forest?!?!”

“Um yeah, why do you ask? Wait, is something wrong?”

“Yes! She's been acting strangely lately and I can tell something was wrong. The next thing I knew she didn’t show up to school both today and yesterday. And when I went to check on her at her apartment, I discovered it was completely abandoned. Nothing has been stolen, fortunately. The only source of life there was in her home was her pet, Ray."

“Oh my, what should we do?”

“Timber, I’m on my way to the Everfree forest right now, I need to find Sunset and I’ll need your help to find her. You know that forest more than anyone else I know!”

“You got it. Anything to help a friend who saved my family’s camp.”

“Ok, I’ll see you in a bit.”

As soon as Twilight ended her call with Timber, she rushed back home as soon as she could. She started her parent’s car and headed straight towards the Everfree forest. Her mother was curious as to why she was going there, but Twilight didn't have the time to explain. The forest was a half-hour away and she had no time to spare.

“I’m coming for you Sunset. I’m not gonna lose you again.”


After arriving at Camp Everfree and meeting up with Timber, they split up to find Sunset.

The sun had since set and the woods were looking a bit creepy at this time of night.

After walking a bit through the forest, Twilight spotted something that caught her eye. They were footprints. She wasn't sure how long they had been there, but a part of her thought that they belonged to Sunset who must've passed through not that long ago.

After following them Twilight found a bag that she recognized as clear as day. It was Sunsets. She wondered why it was left here out in the Everfree forest. But still, she was a step closer to finding Sunset. Inside it, she found Sunset's phone and a note. Twilight soon began reading it to discover it was from Sunset.

Whoever is reading this you must have learned I have gone missing. I feel like I don’t see a purpose in living now over the horrible news I have learned regarding my family. I think it is best I just end my suffering by jumping off a cliff.

Twilight, if you are reading this. I’m sorry.

The moment Twilight realized this she knew that Sunset must have done this in case she was followed. Which of course she was. She immediately grabbed Sunset's backpack and continued to follow the footprints.

After a bit more walking she heard the sound of someone crying and soon she spotted Sunset. She was sitting on the rocks near a river.

“Sunset!!!”

Twilight soon rushed over to her before Sunset got up. She was surprised she had found her, and began running in the opposite direction.

“No wait!!!”

The chase was on! Twilight was running as fast as she could so she could catch up to Sunset. To make sure she didn't trip on the rocks she removed her shoes and socks. They were not meant for running so she threw them into Sunset's backpack after putting the straps around her shoulders.

She wasn't used to running barefoot but now wasn't the time to worry about it as her mission was to catch up with Sunset.

Soon she caught up to her. Sunset was out of breath and was now inches from the river.

“Twilight, why? Why are you here???”

“We were worried about you! I needed it so I course went to find you. I need answers. What is going on with you? And what’s the news you mentioned in your note? Are you hiding something from us???”

“Ok, you got me, I am! You happy!!!”

“Sunset, please! I trust you and I want to help. Please come with me and we can talk about this someplace safe.”

"No."

"What did you say?"

“No Twilight. I won’t!” Sunset yelled. She had tears in her eyes now. They started to appear on her face while she stood on the rocks against Twilight.

“What’s the point of living? I have no actual family left! They're dead, and I’m an orphan now!!!” Sunset said in an upset voice.

But what Sunset didn’t realize as she talked was that the rock she was standing on was starting to crack!

“Sunset what are you talking about? What’s this about your family? Please just tell me what’s causing this pain you're having!”

“No, I can’t! You won’t under-”

And just at that moment, the rock Sunset was standing on gave way. Sunset felt the weight of her foot as she tried to gain balance but she ended up falling straight into the river.

“Sunset!!!!”

Sunset was now caught in the ragging river. Twilight had to find a way to save her friend!

“Help!!!!!” Sunset screamed! She was being pulled by the river’s current and couldn't manage to stay above the water.

Twilight knew she had to save her so she removed her glasses, hairband, and her phone from her pocket, placing them into Sunset’s backpack. She placed it near a tree before she jumped into the river to save Sunset.

“Hold on Sunset! I’m coming!” Twilight shouted as she swam closer and closer to Sunset. But when she caught up with her Sunset went under.

Twilight dove under as she swam trying to catch up to Sunset in time. It was difficult to see without her glasses, but Twilight carried onward to save her girlfriend.

She soon got a hold of Sunset and began swimming them back up to the surface. But there was more trouble coming their way!

The current had gotten stronger and that meant only one thing. They were getting closer to a waterfall!

“We need to get out of this river now! But how? The current is too strong!” Twilight said, deep within her mind.

Then she saw Timber with a rope around his shoulder. He was swinging it like a lasso before he threw it toward them.

“Twilight catch!”

Twilight caught the rope and Timber began pulling them in.

It was tough due to the river’s current, but after a final tug Twilight and Sunset were safe at last.

“Thank you, Timber. We’d be goners if you didn't come in time.”

“No worries. But now, we need to help Sunset.”

After they got out of the water and layed Sunset down, they noticed she wasn’t breathing.

“Oh no! She’s not breathing!” Said a freaked-out Timber.

“Don’t worry Timber. I know CPR. I can do this!”

Twilight began giving Sunset mouth-to-mouth bringing air back into her lungs. After a good minute of getting the water out of her system, Sunset soon awoke. Coughing a bit, before passing out again in Twilight’s arms.

“Is she gonna be ok?”

“She’ll be fine. After falling into that rushing river, the freezing water must have given her hypothermia. I’ll take her back to her apartment and get her the help she needs.”

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

“Help me carry her back to my parent’s car. And try and find Sunset’s backpack too. I removed my glasses along with my shoes, socks, and hairband before jumping into the river to save her. I can't see without my glasses, so I'll be needing them.”

“You got it.”

And soon the two of them carried Sunset back to Twilight’s car, before going off to find the backpack.


After Twilight thanked Timber for the help she drove back to Sunset’s apartment under the night sky.

When she arrived she carried Sunset on her shoulder into her apartment. Sunset was still out cold but breathing, fortunately. Soon they were both inside and after shutting the door, Twilight carried Sunset to her bed. When reaching it Twilight stripped Sunset out of her wet clothes and into her pajamas before putting her under the covers to get warm. Once that was done, Twilight went off to the bathroom to strip out of her wet clothes before changing into a pair of Sunset’s clothes. Sunset didn’t mind her borrowing any if she ever spent the night with them, which was a sign of how much they cared for and trusted one another.

After their wet clothes were put into the dryer Twilight came back up to Sunset’s bed with a glass of water, a thermometer, and a bowl of chicken soup she whipped up after putting the clothes in the dryer. She sat down on the side of the bed as she waited for Sunset to wake up.

While waiting she grabbed Ray from his cage and put him on the nightstand before noticing the time on the clock. 6:11 p.m. She moved closer to Sunset and began combing her hair out of her face. She felt glad that thanks to Timber they were safe and didn't drown in the river.

She then grabbed her phone and sent a quick text to her friends about what happened and that she'd explain the rest of the story tomorrow.

Once the message was sent she noticed Sunset started to wake up.

"Hey, Sunset. You ok?"

But when Sunset opened her eyes at Twilight, she was instead in shock.

“What? Why am I back in my apartment? I should have drowned in the river! I don’t want to be here anymore!”

“Sunset, please calm down. Timber and I saved you from that river!”

“No, this can’t be real! I shouldn’t have lived!!!”

“Sunset, breathe! I’m right here. Just please calm down!!”

Since Twilight's words didn't seem to be working she ended up doing the second best option to help her girlfriend. Bringing her in for a hug. She didn't want to let go till Sunset's panic was history.

“Sunset, it’s okay. I know you have many questions but please, you need to calm down after what you just went through. Everything is gonna be fine. You’re safe, I'm here for you. I love you very much.”

Sunset didn’t know what to say before she released a dam of tears while Twilight held her.

“There, there Sunset. Just let it out. Let it out, I’m not going anyway,” Twilight said as she started to stroke Sunset’s hair.

After a few minutes had gone by, Sunset started to feel better.

“Now then, can you please explain what’s going on? Not to mention why you decided to nearly kill yourself again?”

Deep down, Sunset didn't want to deal with her girlfriend being upset with her, but at the same time, knew this wasn't like her. Especially how she treated her just earlier. However, that spark inside of her couldn't seem to ignite as she tried to explain the story.

“This is worst than you think Twilight. You won’t understand,” Sunset replied while new tears started to form under her eyes.

“Sunset, I trust you very much. I don’t want you to hate me just because of something you're hiding. Just tell me, please. It's been worrying me. Our friends as well. And what were you meaning by your family was gone?”

Sunset knew Twilight had been working on the puzzle and had to give her the answer.

“Alright Twilight, I'll tell you."

She was silent for a good minute, before explaining things to her.

"Do you remember how I told you the other day I sent a message to Princess Twilight in regards to my family?”

Twilight nods in reply.

"I learned something about them, and it wasn’t what I expected,” Sunset said as she started to shiver in worry.

“What happened to them?” Twilight asked, placing her arms on Sunset's shoulders.

“A few years after I left Equestria, they were killed in a snowstorm. My home was destroyed and none of my family survived it. So now, I am an orphan. I have no family left now!”

Sunset buried her face deep into Twilight’s chest as she started to cry out her pain. Twilight was memorizing what Sunset was going through and felt very sorry for her.

“Oh, Sunset. I’m so sorry. I know how it feels to lose someone. I lost my uncle when I was just a child. He had a heart attack and sadly didn't make it. I’ve been there before and I know how the pain feels.”

Sunset continued to cry while Twilight tried thinking of something to make her feel better.

“But even though your family is gone Sunset, you still have another.”

“How Twilight! They’re dead. What other family do I have?”

“You have me and the girls. And Ray.”

Twilight brought Ray over to Sunset as he climbed onto her shoulder before rubbing his head on her cheek. This brought a smile onto Sunset's face, seeing her pet being the one to comfort her for once.

“Thank you, Ray. You are my little Ray of Sunshine.”

Ray smiled before Twilight put him back in his cage.

“Don’t you see Sunset? You may have lost your family years ago, but another you didn’t know you had to begin with. We don't have to be related by blood or have been in your life for very long. Family is just a word to use for those we truly care about. And you, are one of mine.”

And at that moment Sunset started to cry again.

“Sunset? What’s the matter? Was it something I said?”

“I’m sorry Twilight. This was all my fault. What kind of a friend am I if all I’ve done is make things worse? I think I should be just left alone like I used to. And not ruin anything else for the sake of humanity.”

Sunset soon started to feel down for herself like she had been the last few days.

But when all seemed to be lost Twilight brought her left hand into Sunset’s hand as she looked into her eyes with pride. She then grabbed a hold of her face before bringing Sunset in for a kiss.

Sunset was surprised at first but embraced the kiss before Twilight wiped a tear away from her face.

“I know what your life used to be like once, but it's all in the past. You have friends now who care for you. My life belongs to you ever since you saved me. I’m not ever gonna give up on you. Never in a million years. I’m not ignoring the one I care the most about.”

“Thank you Twilight. I-I needed that.”

“Well, that’s what matters, Sunset. As I said, you're a part of my family now. My life has been a whole lot better since you became a part of it. I’ll do anything to help and protect you.”

“Thank you, Twilight. Um, is it ok if you stay the night with me? Please?”

“Of course. But right now, it's time I help you get better,” Twilight said as she turned away to grab something.

“Wait what do you m-Achoo. Ah, my head. I don’t feel so good all of a sudden. I think I got a cold or something after plunging into that river.”

Twilight grabbed the thermometer from the nightstand and placed it in Sunset’s mouth before removing it to read her temperature.

“Looks like you do have something. Hypothermia. It was likely from that freezing cold water.”

“I’m such an idiot. Achoo

Twilight brought the soup up to Sunset, as she took the spoon out of the bowl to her girlfriend's mouth. The stream flowed into the air as it was still warm, even though it was cooked only twenty minutes prior.

“I know that, but you’ve got me to help. Here it’s chicken soup. Drink it and you’ll feel better.”

Sunset soon took a few sips of the soup before drinking some water which made her feel a bit better.

“I think it's best we go to bed early. You need rest. You're tired. You must have not gotten much sleep since you learned the truth about your family.”

Twilight then proceeded to turn off the lights, before getting in bed next to Sunset.

“Twilight? Have you yet told the others what happened?”

“Not yet. But I told them we’ll explain everything tomorrow. And don’t worry, I’ll be right by your side the entire time.”

“Thank you Twilight. Sniff

“Now come on, let’s get some rest ok.”

“Ok Twi.”

Twilight kissed Sunset’s forehead before removing her glasses and then wrapping her arms around Sunset.

As the two fell asleep, they knew everything was going to be alright once they get the needed help. Because of the day they just had, it was certain Sunset needed some serious help.


The next morning Sunset and Twilight arrived at school, refreshed and ready for another day at school. As they entered CHS their friends met and awaited at the lockers before bringing Sunset in for a hug.

“Oh, darling we were so worried.”

“Please don’t you ever do that again.”

“We’re here for you Sunset!”

“You’ve got us here now.”

“We love you Sunset.”

After they all separated from Sunset, they headed out to the front of CHS so Sunset could explain everything to them that lead to her disappearance.

And a little while later, the others learned the full story of Sunset's family.

“I’m so sorry Sunset,” said Fluttershy who was already in tears.

“I know what it feels like to lose family. I lost my parents when I was just a child,” Applejack said as she removed her hat in dismay.

“So that explains why you were feeling all down the other day, and why you were gone yesterday.”

“I’m sorry girls. I just don’t know what to do now that my family is gone.”

“While that may be true Sunset, you still got another one that cares for you very much. And that is the six of us, Spike, Ray, and the other friends you've made here,” shared Twilight.

Sunset soon made the biggest smile she had ever made in the last few days before her friends came to her for another group hug.

“Well now that’s over with, we got some school to deal with.”

“Sunset darling, we forgot to tell you this but-”

“You and Twilight have the day off,” said Rainbow Dash after interrupting Rarity.

"Wait what!?"

“Why the both of us?” Twilight asked confused.

“We told Principal Celestia you weren’t doing well, so she permitted you to have the day off. And since Twilight makes you feel so happy when she’s with you, we thought it would be good for the two of you to have some quality time together for the day.”

"And find a very good therapist for Sunset."

While Sunset felt a little displeased about the therapist, the water in her eyes soon started to turn into tears of happiness. Not only did her friends, or should I say, the family had done for her but also understood what she was going through.

“Thank you, girls. You're the best.”

“And you have another surprise in store.”

Rarity soon came over to them both before spinning them. While the rest of them were confused as to why she did that, it was revealed seconds later as the two girls were both adoring beautiful dresses in their colors.

“I thought you should do it in style. It's the least I can do after my offer the other day.”

“Oh thank you Rarity. They're beautiful." shared Sunset.

“You didn’t have to do this but thank you Rarity,” replied Twilight.

“It's what family is for darling,’ said Rarity hugging them in return.

“So then we’ll see you all tomorrow then?” Questioned Sunset.

“Yep, now you go on before we beg you two to leave.”

“Alrighty then. I'll see you, girls, tomorrow,” replied the happy Sunset.

“You ready?” Twilight said, grabbing Sunset's hand.

“Ready.”

And soon the two walked off together to start a new day together after a tragic night in the Everfree Forest.

Pinkie was about to throw a sprinkle bomb to celebrate the moment before Applejack stopped her.

“Give them some space Pinkie Pie,” said Applejack.

“Sunset is feeling something she hasn’t felt in a long long time,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Someone to call family,” said Fluttershy.

"And that she has another one she never knew she had," replied Rarity.

And soon the five girls left to get ready for another day of school knowing that Sunset truly had a family she never had after all this time that she'll never lose again.

Author's Note:

References
The outfits Rarity gave to Sunset & Twilight. Both arts made by ilaria122

Well, this was probably the longest story I've done so far since I put a lot of work into this and I got a feeling some people might get the waterworks themselves over the story itself.

It's not much, but I think this story will do great once more people read it since family is a big part of our lives. Anyway, that's my version of what happened to Sunset's family. Hope you all enjoy this and I'll be back next week with my next story you'll need to see to believe I'm doing.

Till then I'm SciSetShimmerEvan and I'll see you all down the line.

Comments ( 17 )
Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted Jan 24th, 2023
Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted Jan 24th, 2023

HOLY SH*T THAT WAS INCREDIBLE.
I AM SPEECHLESS

10540520
why thx I spent 3 days working on this.

Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted Jan 24th, 2023
Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted Jan 24th, 2023

I finally got around to catching up with this story. This was Awesome. I love your work. I wish I was half as good as you.

10611432
your still good at yours too but thx

I like the writing and the story, though I feel like it could have done with some reviewing before posting, no offense intended I just saw several minor errors in the story, none are particularly bad they are just minor spelling errors.

10804338
I know, I'm gonna be editing all my stories once the last two chapters of my latest story are up. but glad you enjoyed it.

Comment posted by Darren5000 deleted Aug 25th, 2021
Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted Aug 25th, 2021
Comment posted by ScisetShimmerEvan deleted Jan 24th, 2023

Before this story begins, I’d like to mention that this story is dedicated to the loving memory of my Grandmother, who sadly passed away back in March 2020 right before the Pandemic started. Along with the EQG series as well. Since it's been confirmed by Nick Confalone who worked on the show and revealed in March 2021 that a season 3 was denied by Hasbro. Truth is, I kinda saw it coming all along. But it's best to know that the show had a good run when it lasted and that my grandmother is in a better place now. I hope you all enjoy the story.

I can relate to that.
My grandmother passed away in April of the same year, just a week and a half before her birthday.

11514527
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope whatever she is she's no longer in pain.

11514546
It's fine.
She had cancer, but although unexpected, I had planned to take her out to lunch on her birthday. But halfway into the month, that dream was cut short.

11515429
How nice of you to do. She would've liked it very much doing it with one of her grandchild.

Login or register to comment