• Published 17th Nov 2020
  • 4,393 Views, 919 Comments

Worlds Apart: The Chosen of the Prognosticus - GMBlackjack



A Void appears, threatening to destroy all worlds. Twilight is chosen to travel the multiverse and save it from an untimely demise. A reimagining of Super Paper Mario with ponies and a few twists. Each world is a different crossover. Complete!

  • ...
6
 919
 4,393

PreviousChapters
Credits

Author's Note:

Credits

WORLDS APART
The Chosen of the Prognosticus

THE END

By G. M. Blackjack

Starring

Twilight as the Princess of Flipside

Tippi as Timpani

Toph as Professor INCOMING BOULDER

Cosmo as the Delicate Flower

Data as Logos

Caspian as The Fairy Tale King

Vivian as In Darkness There is Light

Rarity as The Consequences of Suffering

Count Bleck as Blumiere

Fluttershy as Beware The Quiet Ones

Pinkie Pie as Probably the Only One Who Really Knew What Was Going On

Starlight as MAGIC, MAGIC, AAAH!

Discord as The Keystone

Cadence as Y’know for a Princess of Love her Role is Smaller Than you Would Think

Sunset Shimmer as Q

Bon Bon as Token Equestrian Teammate

O’Chunks as GET CHUNKED!

Mimi as Arachnophobia Trigger

Dimentio as Laughing in the Face of Death

Nastasia as The Almighty Secretary

Mr. L as Luigi

Lulu as Lucy Penvensie

Dark Oak as Actually Evil

Gilgamesh as The Legendary Warrior! Yes, Really!

Iroh as With Age Comes Wisdom

Ty Lee as Excitable Combat Medic!

Aang as The Avatar’s Role has Been Diminished

Dr. Eggman as The Best “Villain”

Sonic as GOTTA GO FAST!

Tails as Genius Fox

Knuckles as “Why Doesn’t Punching Everything Solve My Problems!?”

Amy as Moving On

Narcissus as Narcissist

Captain Jean-Luc Picard as The Man

Commander William Riker as Number One

Q as Bugging Picard for Eternity

Aslan as The Pure Lion

The Hag as Plot Device

Professor Frankly as SHOUTING!

Rosalina as Cosmic Goddess

Cortez as YO HO HO HO, YAR HAR HAR HAR!

Grodus as Already Defeated

Shadoo as Superbosses Shouldn’t be Relevant to the Plot!

Rich as The Cultist

Tzeentch as Would Have Been a Big Problem if Bigger Problems Weren’t Around

Emperor Karl Franz II as Sigmar Reborn…?

Jenny of the Red Gloves as The Immortal Child

Ezermond as Tangerine

Ivan as Perpetually Sighing

The Purity Heart as Thinly Veiled Religious Metaphor

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro.

Mario belongs to Nintendo

Avatar: The Last Airbender belongs to Nickelodeon

Sonic belongs to Sega

Star Trek belongs to Paramount, currently.

The Chronicles of Narnia belong to C. S. Lewis

Warhammer belongs to Games Workshop

Numenera belongs to Monte Cook Games

Final Fantasy belongs to Square Enix

Special thanks to the commenters, as always, including SHILIC most of all (good gravy girl you work up a storm!), FanOfMostEverything, Spellflame, Teraunce, Hamster Wizard, Efadd, SuperSaiyanDIclonius, Joe Toon, MariusIoannesP, and many others.

This story was, more than anything else, a passion project. I chose what happened almost entirely on what I, personally, felt would be the best as a bit of an homage to my childhood. All the franchises featured in this story mean a lot to me and shaped who I am today. I don’t think this story is as good as Songs of the Spheres, but that’s because I wasn’t trying to make anything epic. I wasn’t trying to challenge the very foundations of reality with this story. Here… I just wanted to tell a story. A story that, ultimately, claims to be about love—but in reality is mostly just about me. These are the worlds that defined me, and this story is my gift back to them, I suppose.

While this story has little to do with Songs of the Spheres, much of it was created as a direct opposition to its themes. SotS is about shades of gray in morality, while Worlds Apart is very clearly good versus evil, though the evil itself has nuance. SotS is a truly massive story about stories themselves, while Worlds Apart is a self-contained adventure. SotS’s scale is so absurd it’s hard to imagine, while in Worlds Apart you get to know every world involved. They’re very different stories, and I think they both tell needed sides of the story.

Anyway, thank you all for reading. This story is near and dear to my heart, perhaps more so than anything else I’ve written. I thank you for coming with me on this journey. Here’s to the next adventure!

-GM, master of adventures.

~~~

And the Prognosticus burned, reducing to nothing more than ash. With its destruction, its story ended.

Naturally, the multiverse continued. But this tale of love… it is at an end.

So what did it mean, in the end? What is the meaning of the worlds, the multiverse… our existence?

The answer is not so simple that a single story could speak it.

But, perhaps, as we look back, we can see how the heroes and villains acted in the face of the destruction of all things… and see what it means to be alive.

To exist is to love. Never forget that.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 22 )

Bravo for another grand story being finished. Always a bittersweet moment.

WORLDS APART
The Chosen of the Prognosticus

Roll Credi- ...wait.

The Purity Heart as Thinly Veiled Religious Metaphor

At least you're honest.

Special thanks to the commenters, as always, including SHILIC most of all (good gravy girl you work up a storm!)

Oh hey, that's me! You're welcome!
Now never ask me for anything ever again. ;) (Just kidding, I've already got multiple tabs open pre-reading stuff yet to be released. Still, probably gonna cut back on the comments...)
For real though, thank you for putting up with me, from my brilliant world deductions to my ever increasing comment length. Can you believe I only quoted one line in the first chapter's comment? I didn't even comment at all on the intro! Curse me and my continuous need to increase my word count! (Seriously, it's a real problem.) And than you to anyone who actually bothered to read these instead of skipping over them to get to FoME's superior comments. Sorry about increasing the length of these webpages by so much.

While this story has little to do with Songs of the Spheres, much of it was created as a direct opposition to its themes. SotS is about shades of gray in morality, while Worlds Apart is very clearly good versus evil, though the evil itself has nuance. SotS is a truly massive story about stories themselves, while Worlds Apart is a self-contained adventure. SotS’s scale is so absurd it’s hard to imagine, while in Worlds Apart you get to know every world involved. They’re very different stories, and I think they both tell needed sides of the story.

As I've said before, this feels like... I suppose 'equal and opposite' is no longer applicable, but... a story that exists in reflection. This is not a story about stories. This is just a story. In many ways, it could be said it is an attempt a story that represents stories. A story of good and evil, of prophecies and heroes, of light standing against darkness, and love triumphing over all. A story of adventure, and friendship, and Gilgamesh. If Songs represents Endings, and that which is yet to come represents Beginnings... then this represents what happens in between.

Of course, I’m currently working on the Third Side… I invite any who wishes to come join me in the Transcendental Sequence.

Speaking of Beginnings... GM has decided to go even bigger than before, while also juggling way more things, so please come help out with the editing so I don't feel quite so bad when chapters go up with obvious typos.

Anyway, thank you all for reading. This story is near and dear to my heart, perhaps more so than anything else I’ve written. I thank you for coming with me on this journey. Here’s to the next adventure!

It was a blast. Both times.

And the Prognosticus burned, reducing to nothing more than ash. With its destruction, its story ended.

Naturally, the multiverse continued. But this tale of love… it is at an end.

So what did it mean, in the end? What is the meaning of the worlds, the multiverse… our existence?

The answer is not so simple that a single story could speak it.

But, perhaps, as we look back, we can see how the heroes and villains acted in the face of the destruction of all things… and see what it means to be alive.

To exist is to love. Never forget that.

End of Chapter.

11226489

If Songs represents Endings, and that which is yet to come represents Beginnings... then this represents what happens in between.

You know, I like that interpretation.

Which means I wrote it in this order: Ending -> Middle -> Beginning.

Which is perfect.

But yes, SotS is a sort of absolute end of stories, but so much happened before it that it was a Time Abyss.

Worlds Apart has a lot of lore and background, but it also looks forward to a long future. The Middle.

Meanwhile, Transcendental Sequence may SEEM like it has lore and background... but... well, I won't spoil THAT yet. Hehehehehehkukukukuuk. :pinkiecrazy:

-GM, master of writing.

11226495
You know, when they talk about writing the ending of the story first and working backwards, I don't think this is what they meant.

Looking forward to the new story and catching up on Song of the Spheres.

Pretty good. Potato.

Not trying to make anything epic, just a quick little 260,000 words. No big deal lol.

For real though, thanks for another great adventure, always a good day when I saw an update for this fic.

God!!!!
Damn!!!
Super Paper Mario is my favorite Paper Mario game and one of my favorite games in general. To see it taken and be given new life in a franchise I’m fairly new in, it’s absolutely incredible.

Here… I just wanted to tell a story. A story that, ultimately, claims to be about love—but in reality is mostly just about me.

I disagree with this. You can absolutely tell the love and passion that went into this project. It’s may not be about relationship love, but it’s certainly one full of love for the series’ and creators.

If there was such thing as a super favorite I would do it.

Outstanding work from start to finish, and a beautiful takeaway at the end. Thank you for it. :twilightsmile:

so glad I discovered this like two days before it was finished

C'est fini

Warhammer belongs to Games Workshop

We know. They make that painfully obvious.

This was an amazing adventure. Still chewing through the Songs of the Spheres. I have less than 500,000 words left now and have forgotten more than half the extras, but it's still a fun ride.

Pretty good to me! It had its weak spots, mostly in Narnia (thanks, Aslan), but overall, I really enjoyed it.

It's finally finished...

Well, what am I gonna read now!? :raritydespair:

Wow, I got mentioned in the credits! :pinkiegasp:

Admittedly, this story isn't completely what I expected beyond just kind of recreating Super Paper Mario with all these crossovers thrown in the mix. But still I wanted to see this to the end.

My mind remains boggled by shipping Twilight with TNG's Data. And now they have two robot children. :twilightoops:

And it turns out Rosalina was writing all those things at the end of those chapters.

Keep up the great work! :pinkiehappy:

Well I'm surprised to be mentioned but this was excellent and glad they found at least one green and yellow ring each.

And thus the book ends. Good show.

11227693
I'm pretty sure the problem there was the creation of android life forms, like Data, rather than the holographic intelligences of people like the Doctor. Considering it's a hell of a lot easier to make sapient holograms than it is Data level androids.

Twilight being the princess of flipside, it aopears to me that eventually ut Will becomes the void, that class 2 civilización of SoTS, but some discrepancies makes me doubt it a little, mostly Jenny and the suniversity of Doors, being an outside universe not part of flipside, but a lot could have happened.

Y’know, I don’t think AJ ever got a SINGLE line of speech throughout the ENTIRE story. :pinkiegasp:

Well, at least Dash got two, I suppose.

Login or register to comment