• Published 17th Nov 2020
  • 4,405 Views, 919 Comments

Worlds Apart: The Chosen of the Prognosticus - GMBlackjack



A Void appears, threatening to destroy all worlds. Twilight is chosen to travel the multiverse and save it from an untimely demise. A reimagining of Super Paper Mario with ponies and a few twists. Each world is a different crossover. Complete!

  • ...
6
 919
 4,405

PreviousChapters Next
A New Minion Mission

O’Chunks stumbled back into the central hall of Castle Bleck, resting his hands upon one of the pillar’s bases to give himself a breather. He knew the Count and Nastasia were up there, waiting for his “report.” For once, he wasn’t looking forward to it. Sure, the Count likely wouldn’t do much to him besides the usual “I’m disappointed” look, but Nastasia… That woman was as cruel as ice.

Those glasses of hers…

With a sigh, he jumped. Instead of landing on top of the pillar like he intended, his weakened legs only carried him most of the way, smashing his face right into the pillar’s side. He peeled off and flopped back down to the ground, groaning in pain.

A purple vortex surrounded him, teleporting him gently on top of the pillar.

“There you are, O’Chunks,” the Count said, dissipating the Void power. “Welcome back.”

“So…” Nastasia adjusted her cufflinks. “I guess the hero went ahead and stomped you and sent you back here?”

O’Chunks lowered his head to the ground, letting out a pained cry. “Yeh gotta forgive me, Count! I’ve failed yeh! I’ve never felt less chunky in me life!”

The Count put a hand to his chin. “Bleheheheheheheheh… So our hero is real… Yes… And a force to be reckoned with…”

“There were three o’ ‘em!” O’Chunks called. “A rock-throwin’ warrior girl Doff, a flappy Pixl butterfly, and some purple horse thing.”

“Hmmm…” Bleck narrowed his eyes. “Princess Twilight Sparkle… I suppose my attack immobilized her, mused Count Bleck.”

“Ehwat?”

“Nothing to concern yourself with, O’Chunks, merely a name for your purple horse: Twilight.”

“Aight! Twilit and Doff, I’ll remember ‘em!”

“You will…” Count Bleck pressed his hands together. “Now, it is likely they have the Pure Heart from that universe and will be heading to the next one shortly. Nastasia, send in the girls to lay a devious trap and bring these interlopers to their very knees! BLEH HEH HEH BLECK!”

Nastasia nodded. “Yeah, I already sent them out for that exact purpose.”

The Count’s menacing grin widened even further. “This pleases Count Bleck. Excellent work, Nastasia. This hero—or heroes, it appears—will be helpless before them.” He spread his cape aside like wings, laughing all the while. “I depart! Alert Count Bleck when these ‘heroes’ are no more! BLEH HEH HEH HEH HEH! BLECK!” He vanished in a swirl of purple energy.

Nastasia wrung her hands tighter. “Yeah, I’ll fire off a memo on that… but for now, we have another item on the agenda. O’Chunks, ya got a sec?”

Oh no, here it comes! She’ll ask me to shave the beard this time! I just know it!

“Yeah, so, some of the ponies from the Crystal Empire are still resisting assimilation. So I’m heading out to squash the resistance. And while I’m gone, I want you to stay here. Yeah… you just sit tight and think about your recent job performance, k?”

And then she just walked off the pillar down to the floor below and walked away.

O’Chunks suddenly felt the oppressive nature of the massive, empty room all around him. Not a soul to talk to. Nothing to do but sit and do as Nastasia said: think.

Thinking was somewhere on the lower end of O’Chunks “list of things to do” on most days, and today it was near rock bottom.

“Gah, this really tweaks me chin hairs!”

PreviousChapters Next