• Published 16th Nov 2020
  • 1,024 Views, 20 Comments

Destiny's change - ChiefKitsune



Now let me tell you of one of the greatest Guardians to ever be. Spark was her name and she was neither Human, Exo, or Awoken. Though her light is strong it will be put to the test. A Destiny 2 crossover

  • ...
10
 20
 1,024

Ch. 1 Eyes up Guardian! (Part 1) (Update: 12/11/21)

Author's Note:

Hey its me again. Sorry about the wait had a rough few months but its getting better so I'm finding time to write more once again. Anyway here's a new update for you dear readers. And as always please give feedback but no unneeded hostility please. I welcome comments, and the more comments I get about how you like my story the more drive I have to write so if you like this story and want more sooner let me know.

~Chief

(Update: Again nothing major was changed just some small things which I hope help the story flow)

Cosmodrome, Old Russia, Earth

As a white light flashed out from behind one of the decaying automobiles, a loud gasp is heard followed by a few short coughs. Hidden behind the decaying car sat a strange being that resembled something from humanity's distant past before the Collapse. The creature was something from long before Humanity landed on Mars to discover the Traveler. It was a rather short being with four sturdy legs that ended in round hooves as the mare blinked away the painful glare of the bright sun she looked down to find her forelegs and indeed her entire body covered in some strange armor.

Reaching up to feel for the helmet that she knew was there was stopped when, with a subtle white flash Ghost appeared hovering above her head. As she stared at the strange glowing cube it began to speak, seemingly more to himself than to her. "I finally found you, guardian, after such a long time...." it looks back up from the ground to meet her gaze as he continues, "You've been dead for a very long time guardian, and you will see things that won't make any sense but trust me I have been searching for you for a very, very long time," Ghost is cut off by a loud howling sound that puts her heart into overdrive. "Oh no. The fallen have found us we must hurry and find you a jump ship to get to the last city. We must hurry so Eyes up Guardian!" And with that, the strange cube vanished from her sight.

'Guardian, don't worry I haven't left you. But first, we need to get out of here Now head to The Wall and see if there is any way through it.'

Nodding the mare began to gallop towards the towering wall of metal and stone with strange writing on parts of the structure. "Alright, but I still have many questions," she grunted as she jumped up onto one of the decaying vehicles' hoods before leaping down to continue her mad dash to the hopefully safe wall. As she speeds on her cloak flutters in the wind causing a new sensation that nearly makes the mare trip as the wind flitters through her feathers on her wings which she hadn't had a chance to take stock of yet.

Quckly she is able to catch herself from falling with a burst of energy from her horn and a flaring of her wings, though while it did slow her speed a little it was still better than landing on the ground and having to get up again. As she nears the decaying wall she spots a broken down metal door leaving a stairway open to her view. As she spots this promised safety she begins to lessen her speed before a bolt of blue energy strikes the car next to her. Making her let loose a yelp as she stumbled away from the dangerous spot before picking her speed back up.

Soon the white armored mare was thundering up the rusty stairs into the dark wall before her eyes could adjust to the darkness as she had spotted a few dark shapes moving in the distance after the nearmiss and not wanting to wait around to find out if they where the ones who were after her. As she reaches the top of the stairs she turns and begins to gallop down the catwalk, her hooves pounding away at the ancient rust-covered metal, into an even darker area when the strange cube appears and lights the way up another set of stairs. But not before seeing Something crawling up the wall before the light could fully illuminate it and as hard claws clanking on metal rang in her ears as she rushed onto a large platform surrounded by a literal sea of darkness.

Ghost speaks up as he begins to float away from the mare. "Hold on let me see if I can get the lights on, we won't last long in the dark. And then I need to find you a weapon." He continued to speak though more to himself again as he got further and further away leaving the mare in near total darkness and on edge. From the darkness, she could hear the strange device muttering to himself talking about military encryption and hardware along with centuries of decay when a cry of triumph sounds from the floating cube as large overhead lights came to life after centuries of being off. To show a massive internal structure to the wall but that was overshadowed by the multitude of six limbed beings rushing from the light back into the darkness.

Ghost being helpful "That's a lot of Fallen....." Ghost's eye brightens as the gate that had been in their way before was opening as he saw an ancient assault rifle leaning against an old crate. "There an old rifle! Grab it and move we have to hurry Guardian." Ghost urged the mare on as he vanished from sight once more. As the mare stared at her hooves for a moment wondering how she was going to use the weapon. Her time of questioning was suddenly cut off as two of those Fallen creatures rounded the corner ahead of her wielding sparking knives.

With a snort the mare's body begins to run without her conscious thought as her horn lights up a light lavender color while a similar aura surrounds the rifle as it launches up and stops in front of the mare as she puts pressure on the trigger and the auto rifle gave a loud report felling one of the dregs. Within a blink of the eye she had already switched targets to the still charging Dreg and pulled the trigger once more sending its now lifeless body crashing to the floor in a growing pool of its own blood.

Blinking as her mind comes out of the combative stance she was in to stare at the floating rifle in awe. That's when something in her mind clicked and she understood she could use these weapons even if she lacked the proper appendages.


'Guardian! We have to keep moving!' The mare winces at the volume at which Ghost screamed at her in her head.

The mare nods and rushes down the corridor and rounds the corner only to slide to a stop as red beams of light appear with a humming sound. And before she can even open her muzzle Ghost quickly jumps in 'Fallen Trip mines. Stay out of the red lights to keep from triggering the mines.' the mare nods and lifts a hoof to her chin and tapped on it in thought for a moment while the rifle floated beside her ready for more Fallen.

Smiling as she gets an idea she begins to slowly move closer to the mines to find them and once she finds the source of the beams she removes the mines from the walls with her magic careful to not set them off. She begins to move down the new hallway when another loud howl sounds and she spots a group of four to six Fallen rushing her and under her helmet she smirks.

Her magic moves the mines into the path of the oncoming group without them noticing having blindly charged once they found the mare was not using her rifle to attack them. The mare watched as they crossed into the red beams and with a sharp whine, the mines detonated on the group. Killing all six of them without the mare having to fire a shot. Ghost then comments 'Effective we'll have to remember that in the future.'

The mare nods and begins to trot down the corridor at a steady pace with her rifle ready, but no more fallen seem to be eager to jump her for the moment. However just as she was starting to think that and relax a dreg dropped down from above her knocking her rifle away and lunging with its sparking blades. Just as quickly the mare reacted in kind as her left hoof went to her chest and pulled a combat knife from its sheath as she blocks the strike before pushing the dreg back with some magic and lunging forward sinking her blade into the Fallen's chest as its glowing blue eyes dull as it dies.

Raising from the now-dead dreg the mare wiped her blade clean on the fallen's attire before resheathing it and without even looking levitated her rifle back to her side and continued on.