• Published 16th Nov 2020
  • 1,015 Views, 20 Comments

Destiny's change - ChiefKitsune



Now let me tell you of one of the greatest Guardians to ever be. Spark was her name and she was neither Human, Exo, or Awoken. Though her light is strong it will be put to the test. A Destiny 2 crossover

  • ...
10
 20
 1,015

Prologue: Return Part 1 (updated 12/11/21)

Author's Note:

Well I hope you all enjoy this story as I have much planned for it. Though that is the same for my other stories. I just can't help myself when my muse wants me to put out a new idea. Anyways I'm trying something different with this story. Let me know what you think, but please no needlessly negative comments. Though as always constructive criticism is always welcome.

~Chief

(update: Yes I'm back and I'm going through my stories to fix them up before adding any new chapters to them. Hope you enjoy the small fixes as I hope it helps flow better now.)

Equestira

With the sun setting in the west, a group of ponies and one dragon gather around a large statue. With heavy hearts and moist eyes, the group looks upon each other in silence asking who would be the first to speak. As the ponies exchanged looks they were drawn away from wondering who would speak first about their lost friend, by a quiet sniffle coming from the dragon as he stands before the base of the statue where he read the name and inscription.

Twilight Sparkle ~ The greatest shining light for many as she lead in the defense of Equestria from many great threats. A friend, daughter, sister, and Mother. She made the greatest sacrifice to protect her home and loved ones.

Looking up from the inscription Spike spoke softly but with the silence of the group behind him they all heard his words. "I miss you so much, you were the mother I always had but never knew. You gave me everything I needed all the love I could ask for and more. As you raised me, taught me, and looked out for me. I just wish I could see you one last time to tell you how much I love you.... Mom."

As Spike spoke in deep pain for the missing mother he always had but never appreciated, the will of the ponies behind him crumbled as tears began to fall. Even the great Princesses of Equestria and the Crystal Empire openly shed tears at the hollow pain in the young drake's voice. The only one to not shed tears being a white stallion with a blue mane, even as his eyes grew wet and the desire to cry grew he felt he needed to be strong for his wife and mother. As the stallion's father silently cried for his lost daughter while holding his wife close, a strange sound began to fill the air slowly building in volume.

As the ponies and dragon look around for the source their eyes catch a shooting star streaking across the now night sky before it vanishes from sight. The strange sound having faded away before returning in greater volume as a bright white light lite up from the tip of a dark shape in the sky. As the source grew closer to the ground a gust of wind began to pick up as the wine of the ship's engines changes pitch as the Sky Hawk begins to deploy its landing gear while the spotlight was kept trained on the memorial and group of ponies.

As the strange object continued to grow near the ground the blinding white light was replaced with smaller less blinding running lights showing the outline of the ship. The pony watching in awe as it soon touches down softly on the grass near the statue and the engines begin to shut down. Confused and in awe at this strange machine they watch in silence as the area once more grows quiet without the whine of the engines from the ship.

With it the ponies look to one an other for some clue as to what was going on, and as the silence grew further making the Equestrians start to grow worried a shimmering white light blinds them all once more as it flashes and while they can't see they can hear the thud of something landing on the ground. Quickly the Princesses blink away the spots from the white flash to find an armored Unicorn standing next to the ship with a glowing little cube hovering next to her head as she seemed to be in an argument with it.

Though hushed as it was all present gasped as the armored mare grunted in agitation making her cloak flutter showing she had wings hidden under it marking her an Alicorn. Seemingly distracted with their conversation the ponies and dragon began to slowly move closer soon they began to pick up the cube's side of the conversation.

"Spark, you said these were your friends and family why are we still standing next to the ship?" The hovering cube bobs and its corners seem to rotate to show expression that the armored alicorn was seeming to read. Though they couldn't hear a reply from the pony they assumed there must of been one as the cube continued. "I've seen you face down countless enemies time and again, you even faced down Ghaul alone with no hesitation. Which I might add would have helped prevent a few of the times we got in trouble if you had thought about it before acting."

The armored equine bobs her head in a slow way showing that this was not a new discussion between the two as the mare had a talent for finding trouble as much as a certain Vanguard leader did. As the group stopped at the edge of the light from the ship the conversation halts and the two turn to face the group before with a sublt flash of white the cube was gone from sight. As the cube vanished the alicorn's horn began to glow with a familiar magenta hue as the mare undid the clasps and seals for her helmet before with a burst of air from the pressurized suit as the seal was broken. The helmet is slowly pulled off to show a failure lavender coated face with lovely purple eyes and a dark blue mane with pink highlights making every being gasp and go stock still.

The armored mare was busy grumbling to herself as she removed her helmet and under her breath could be heard ".... Damn it Ghost, ...." before she trailed off into more mutters. Looking up the purple alicorn blinked at the sight of her friends and family bringing tears to her eyes while they stared uncomprehendingly at her. As she smirked and waited for their brains to reset she looked over each one.

First was her mother and father, Twilight Velvet and Night Light, who looked haggard and rather ruffled as the two hadn't had much to be happy for in the past 18 months since Twilight Sparkle died in defense of the nation. Next to them was her brother, Shining Armor, and Cadence, who stood in front of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. fanning out from her family were her closest friends. But what held the mare's attention was who was between her parents, was Spike whose sight brought tears to her eyes and a stalling to her breathing as it catches in her throat. Her eyes remain on the young dragon for what feels like a lifetime for both as they stare into each other's eyes.

With a hitch in her voice, she whispers "Oh Spike, I've missed you" and with that the two rush towards the other to meet halfway in a tight hug with Twilight adding her wings to hold Spike even closer as they both began to cry. The young dragon's once-quiet sniffles becoming loud cries as he holds his mother tightly hoping she wouldn't vanish if he let go. While the mare silently cried and held her baby dragon tight for the same reason.

Softly to Spike, the mare whispers "Shh it's ok Spike I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." as she softly sat back to hold him in her lap while stroking his head fins and whispering more comfort to the crying youngling giving him the occasional nuzzle. For the two of them, nothing else mattered beyond the other, and while the group of ponies wished to join in the hug and joy that her return brings. After hearing what Spike had to say earlier they hold back to let the mother and son have their moment together.