• Published 16th Nov 2020
  • 6,351 Views, 364 Comments

Trixie is Pregnant and It's Twilight's Problem - TheCrimsonDM



What happens when a pregnant Trixie shows up at the Golden Oaks Library during a storm? Twilight ending up as an unwilling caretaker of the showmare and her unborn child is what. What happens after that is all chaos.

  • ...
27
 364
 6,351

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixty Three: makeup and marshmellows

Chapter Sixty Three: makeup and marshmellows

Written by TheCrimsonDM

Rainbow Dash was side by side with Applejack trying to move various boxes out of Rarity's basement. It was easy work for someone in as good of shape as she was, but it was still boring and mildly annoying. Looking at Applejack as they walked up she had to admire the mare for her sheer strength but at the same time felt bad because she had been so late.

"Sorry, AJ."

The two of them reached the top of the stairs with the last of the boxes. "No problem, Sugarcube. Ah'm sure you had yer reasons."

Once there they set the boxes down for Rarity to inspect. She had a clipboard with her so she could track everything coming up here. "Hmm, yes. And what were those reasons, darling?"

Rainbow Dash laughed. "I was being so awesome I just forgot."

Rarity looked at her. "And the tear-stained eyes have nothing to do with it?"

Rarity was sharp, really sharp. Rainbow Dash thought she'd used the right amount of makeup to look normal but to also hide the shame of her breakdown. "Pfft, yeah, onions."

"Onions. Onions made you cry so hard that you'd put makeup on to try and hide it from me and Applejack?"

Applejack laughed. "Rares, not once have Ah ever seen Rainbow Dash wear makeup. Maybe yer just seeing things?"

Rainbow Dash lowered her head. "How can you tell?"

Applejack took a side step. "Wait, seriously?"

Rarity reached out and lifted Rainbow's chin with a hoof. "Because I'm a lady, and ladies know all these tricks. I must say you've done a good job, but I fear I'm just better at makeup than any of us."

Rainbow Dash felt her heart still shaking a little. She tried to be strong though. If not for her own sake, for that of her friends. "I'm fine. Just... stupid stuff over Fluttershy."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Rainbow Dash met her eyes. "Do I have to?"

Rarity shook her head. "Of course not. You never have to do anything you're not comfortable with."

Rainbow Dash nodded. Then thought about it for a moment. She let out a sigh. "I'm being a big baby about this. I know I am. But finding out that Fluttershy, Trixie, and Twilight all hooked up kind of hurts."

Rarity lowered her hoof to the floor. Rainbow missed the warm contact on her chin. "Darling, that's just awful. How did you find out?"

"I asked her."

Applejack cringed. "You shouldn't ask yer ex what they're up to. If they say nopony you feel sad fer 'em, if they say somebody, you get hurt. There ain't no good way around that question."

Rarity threw both her legs around Rainbow Dash in a big overwhelming hug. "There, there. This is all new for you, and it must be so painful. Yet you still came here to help move my stuff. I'm so proud of you my little Dashy."

Rainbow Dash thought that maybe, just maybe Rarity was laying it on a little thick but it still worked. She nuzzled into Rarity's shoulder and just melted into that embrace. She didn't realize just how badly she needed a hug. Even Pinkie had tried to hold her, and though she felt good from it, she just needed to stay in somepony's embrace for a while. "Then Fluttershy hooked up with Celestia and... I just... I feel like what happened with me doesn't even matter if she could move on so quickly."

Rarity was still holding her. "Shhh, let it all out. I'm here for you."

If Rarity wanted to hear it all, then she could. Rainbow Dash opened her mouth, and words just wouldn't stop tumbling out. All the pain, the confusion, the hurt that she'd tried to keep in. Even more her secret desire to make things work with Fluttershy again and her realization that such a thing might never be possible. She let it all out in one steady, flowing stream, along with her tears. By the end of it, she was sobbing into Rarity's shoulder and was a big mess. The makeup had failed to hide her pain, and now it was all plainly on display for them to see running down her face. Yet through it all, Rarity and Applejack both hugged her. held her. Listened to her.

She was thankful to have such good friends.

PreviousChapters Next