• Published 15th Nov 2020
  • 1,298 Views, 33 Comments

Sweetie Belle & Bubblegum - NinjaMare



Sweetie Belle discovers a lone Goomy in the Everfree, watch how this adorable pair become best friends, and how Goomy becomes a strong protector of the filly, and those she cares for.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,298

Chapter 1: A New Friend? [Edited]

Author's Note:

i'm picking the story back up after i feel more confident in writing fics, and recently having a wave of inspiration brush over me and me going over fics in my docs that i either left unattended for so long, or have left alone.


The town of Ponyville was certainly in a busy state today as pony trotted about to complete their tasks, and fulfill their jobs. However there was one pony, or specifically a foal, that wasn’t out and about like the others. Down at Carousel Boutique poor little Sweetie Belle was all by her lonesome for the day, and why is that? both of her best friends were unable to play or hang out with her today, or even for the next few days. Apple Bloom was too busy down at her family’s farm, as she has to stay at the farm as it was Zap Apple season, so her family needs her to help prepare to harvest the apples and then make them into Zap Apple Jam, which was a rare and very valuable jam for the family to sell not only at the Ponyville market but also at other town markets. So the earth pony filly wouldn’t be able to be with Sweetie because of this. As for the unicorns friend Scootaloo, the pegasus filly was staying at her aunt’s house in Greenwood due to some issues at her house, which was a bit of a bad termite probably, so she wouldn’t be back for a few more days until the bugs were gone. As well as repairing any part of the house that was damaged, and ensure no further infestations would be possible.

So Sweetie Belle was left all by her lonesome in her room at her sisters store, as she laid on the floor trying to figure out what she should do today. She briefly thought about going to see if other foals wanted to play with her, but the little unicorn wasn’t really well-acquainted with any pony else from her class as she mostly stuck by her friends. Sweetie thought that maybe she could hang out with her sister but lately Rarity has been very busy with work, so she decided to not get in her sisters way, or accidently cause problems that might take up Rarity’s time to clean up.

“UGH! I’m so bored, there’s nothing to do!” Sweetie Belle bemoaned as she pushes herself across the floor while her face scrunches up in a rather sour mood being unable to think of something to do today. From across the hall where her sisters room was Rarity peaked her head out of her own room and looked down at her sister through her open door.

“Sweetie Belle? What in Equestria are you doing?” the older mare asked.

“I’m bored.” The filly simply retorted as she continued her sliding across the ground, trying to at least find semblance of fun in her action. But it wasn’t working. Rarity stepped out into the hall way as she began to speak.

“Sweetie Belle if you’re really that bored why don’t you go out and find something to do, or maybe find your friends to play with?” Rarity says as she telekinetically places her newest creations on a few of her poniequins in her room.

“But there’s nothing to do today. Especially with my friends either too busy with work, or being out of town for a few days.” Sweetie stated as she ceased her sliding and started rolling around before stopping and looking up over to her sister and decided to take a shot in the dark.

“Do you need help with anything Rarity?” the filly asked in which the older mare shook her head before responding.

“Not at the—.” Rarity began talking before she stopped and developed a thoughtful look on her face, before she looked over her shoulder back into her room.

“Actually, could you run & do a quick errand for me?”

“Sure!” Sweetie says excitedly as she hoped to her hooves finally being able to do something, as for Rarity she smiled before she begin explaining what she needed the little sister to do.

“I need a few fabrics from Stitch Works fabric’s shop to finish some of my designs. I need one that’s Rosey Red, Violet Purple and…” Rarity tapped her chin as she runs through the inventory of fabric colors she has in her head.

“Oh yes! And I also need a Golden Yellow.”

Sweetie Belle quickly levitated a piece of paper and a quill from her desk and swiftly wrote down the colors that Rarity had just listed off. Once the filly had the colors written down, Rarity summoned a small pouch of bits from her room and hoofed it to her sister who took the pouch and placed it, and the list, into her nearby saddlebags which were then strapped to her. Leaving the boutique with renewed childish vigor to do something, the little filly made her way down the shops flight of stairs and outside, where she then rounded around the building and grabbed the red wagon that she and the other members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders use for their antics, and headed out to fulfill the task that her older sister has entrusted to her. Trotting through the busy streets of Ponyville Sweetie Belle hummed a little tune to herself as she makes her way to the fabric store, and as she goes about her task she spies a few of her other classmates from school, one of which was Twist who was out with her mom, Button Mash was as usual at the town’s arcade trying to beat a few of his friends high scores on one of the games, and a few other foals that she only knows by name and sight.

As she continues to make her way through the town, the filly spotted a pair of foals that she knows all-to-well and tried to not make herself visible to them, and decides to take a longer route to the shop. The last thing that she needed was to be harassed by Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara for whatever petty little thing they could come up with, and then try to bully or belittle her.

It took an extra few minutes but eventually the determined little filly finally reached her destination, Stitch Works Fabrics and Swatches. the filly parked the little wagon she’s been towing along beside the shops door and headed inside, where upon entering the shop there were a few other ponies trotting about, aside from the receptionist & the owner, and they all appeared to be mostly browsing rather than looking for anything to buy. Taking the list out from her saddlebags Sweetie Belle set out to look for the fabrics her sister needed, and once she found she carefully levitated them one-by-one to the front counter, as they were too heavy for her to carry all at once. After double checking to make sure she got the right colors, the filly then paid for the fabrics at the counter and brought them outside to the wagon, with help from the receptionist.

“Alright, now that I got Rarity’s fabrics time to head back and show Rarity how well I did!”

Sweetie mused to herself in a very happy and proud moment, as she loaded the wagon with the last of the fabrics and began towing the wagon, which was going to take a bit longer as the wagon was fairly heavy now for the filly to pull along. As she was pulling the wagon her stomach gave a small little growl.

“I guess its getting close to lunch time.” Sweetie murmured to herself as she continued trotting.

“I still have a few bits left over from what Rarity gave me. I don’t think she’ll mind if I get something from Sugarcube Corner or Bonbon’s Candy Shack.” Sweetie aloud as she thought about the idea more.

Several minutes of pondering, and towing, Sweetie continues to trot her way through the town while the fabrics inside the wagon jostled and wobbled a little bit as the red wagon road across the dirt road. The filly soon arrived at the central square of town where she could see both Sugarcube Corner & Bonbon’s Candy Shack, which caused her stomach to grumble a bit more louder this time as the thoughts of sweets and candy came to her. deciding that it would probably be fine Sweetie Belle made her way to Sugarcube Corner for a quick little snack.

Parking the wagon outside the building Sweetie made her way into the shop and was assaulted by the sweet, sweet smells of pies, cakes, donuts, ice creams, cookies, and many more sugary delights. Checking on how many bits were left over from the initial purchase, the filly browsed about a bit looking for anything to snack on, while not using up all of the left over bits. A few moments went by, and Sweetie Belle eventually left the shop and was now carrying a small bag of a dozen assorted cookies, one of which was being chewed on and eaten by the little filly as she continued to drag the wagon of fabrics back to the boutique. Without any more delays or stops Sweetie Belle made it back to her sisters boutique and after parking the wagon in its usual place in the backyard, the little filly opened the backdoor and started floating each swatch of fabric over to the table in the kitchen.

“Rarity! I’m back!” Sweetie Belle called out after she placed the last swatch on the table, and as she did so the sound of hooves coming down the steps could be heard before Rarity came trotting through the kitchen door.

“I got the fabrics you asked for.” the filly said as she gestured to the table.

“Oh Sweetie Belle you’re an absolute doll. Thank you.” Rarity said as she leans down, and gives her sister a kiss on the cheek causing the filly to giggle happily, but the older pony then noticed the bag of cookies that Sweetie was holding suspended in her magical aura. The filly noticed this and looked a little ashamed as she spoke up.

“I used some of the left over bits to by a snack. You don’t mind, do you?” Sweetie asked as she peered up to her sister, only to see Rarity shake her head before giving her a small smile.

“After doing such an excellent job in getting the fabrics I need, I believe your more than earned those cookies.”

Sweetie Belle smiled as she offered one of her treats to her sister, who took it and started to delicately nibble on it. Once the older mare had finished her cookie Rarity then took the swatches in her own magical aura, and headed back out of the kitchen and up the stairs to her work room, leaving Sweetie alone again. But this time the filly wasn’t as defused by boredom prior to her shopping mission, instead the little chore actually gave the filly a nice little boost motivation to go out and search for something to do.

Leaving the boutique behind her the unicorn filly started to travel around town, looking for something to either entertain herself, possibly get her cutie mark, or even find someplace to play. Eventually her aimless wandering through the town brought her to the park where many of the other foals around her age were either playing with each other, or with their families, or even having picnics with said families. As the filly was looking around the park looking for a group of fouls she might be able to play with, something far off in the distance got every ponies attention. Off in the Everfree Forest, every pony in the park could see flashes of blue lights followed by sudden, and very pronounced, booming sounds! More and more of these flashes of lights and booming sounds continued to emit and rupture from the direction of the eerie forest, make most if not all of the ponies in the park to immediately bolt off.

Now most ponies would run away and avoid being even close to the forest after seeing such a thing, especially the parents with their foals and yearlings as they don’t want them being around something potentially dangerous. But for an adventurous and curious filly like Sweetie Belle, her mind was only buzzing with curiosity and questions. So as the other ponies were running out of the park, the little filly made her way to the Everfree forest and as she came closer & closer to the forest, there were a few more bursts of blue light and booming sounds before they stopped as the filly drew near. While Sweetie was a little afraid of the booming sounds, and distant animal cries within the woods, her overall foal curiosity continued to spur her forward until she entered the Everfree, which the little filly then tried to find the sources of the flashes and sounds. But so far as she went deeper and deeper into the thick lining of trees she didn’t see anything, aside from foliage.

“What in Equestria could’ve been causing all those booms?” Sweetie muttered to herself as she rounds a section of thick brushes as she continues in her search.

As she moved through the thick brushes of the forest Sweetie Belle came upon a small clearing, but as she entered the clearing her attention was quickly drawn away from the trees, bushes, and the scattered pieces of wood, and over to a small purple, purple…something. The little filly trotted up to the small thing and started to give it a good look over to see what it was. The object was some sort of small creature that had a light purple top, and a darker purple bottom with a small ring of green dots separating the two purple halves, and a pair of what look like antenna on its round body. But the filly quickly noticed that the little creature was covered in bruises and small cuts, and its little murmurs of pain caused the filly to feel bad for the cute little creature.

“Oh you poor little thing!” Sweetie said with a tone of sadness in her voice as she then reached out to the little creature, and when it opened its little eyes it looked terrified as it looked up to her and tried back away from the filly.

“No, no, no its okay! I’m not going to hurt you.” the filly said in a calm voice as she tried to reassure the little creature, although it didn’t seem to fully trust Sweetie, yet it was too weak to try to do anything and collapsed to the ground.

“There, there.” Sweetie said as she brings the little creature into her forelegs.

“It’s going to be okay.” Using her magic the little unicorn reached into her cookie bag and plucked one of them from the bag and offered it to the creature.

“Here eat this.” The little squishy creature looked at the cookie, gave it a small sniff, before taking a small bite. But after that bite the creature ate the cookie whole.

“There we go.” Sweetie said as she gently pets the creatures head feeling how soft and jelly-like its body was, while it murmured more calming as it sat in the fillies lap.

“I should probably take you to Fluttershy’s, she’ll be able to help you get better.” The filly commented as she levitates another cookie to the creature, who ate it in manageable bites, instead of wolfing it down in one gulp. Sweetie then placed the creature back onto the ground, causing it to look at her with confusion, before the little filly levitated it up onto her back.

“Now let’s go see if—”

Sweetie was cut off as she heard something rattle behind her, which caused her to ‘eep’ loudly and take a few steps back. Turning to look behind her the little unicorn saw all of the scattered pieces of wood, branches, and other forest materials around the clearing to start faintly glow green. Then in a sudden burst of motion they all gathered around in four separate piles, and that is when Sweetie Belle started to feel a sense of dread come over her as she saw the piles of debris start to form a shape. Soon all of the forest materials formed four large timberwolves, and all of them looked over to where Sweetie Belle was and began marching over towards her, meanwhile the poor little filly was cowering in fear as she looked at the wooden canines as they approached her, snarling and baring their sharp wooden fangs.

But before the timberwolves got any closer, or before Sweetie Belle could finally move, the little creature on Sweetie’s back leapt off her and tackled the closest timberwolf right in the face. But it’s attack didn’t amount to much, except for stopping the wolf and shoving it a few inches backwards. After the creature made its attack it was swatted away by the wolf it just tackled, and was knocked to the side.

“No!” Sweetie shouted as she reached out for the little creature, causing the timberwolves to return their attention to her.

She quickly grabbed the biggest branch closest to her and held it in front of her, while trying to show no fear, which was an attempt at futility as the poor foal was shaking quite a lot. One of the wolves snapped its jaws at the frighten filly causing her to swing the branch wildly, but it was yanked out of her magical aura by one of the other wolves, before it was absorbed into its body.

The filly backed away from the wolves but stumbled as she tripped over her own hooves, causing the wolves to lunge at her with claws and teeth bared! Sweetie shrieked as the wolves closed in on her, but the wolves stopped as a barrage of bubbles collided with them, and actually caused them to be knocked off to the side a little making the timberwolves to miss the filly. After the barrage of bubbles scattered about the wolves and Sweetie turned to look where the bubbles came from, and found that the little creature was the source as a few bubbles floated around it. It’s body then started to be covered by what looked like wisps of smoke as a bigger and more solid bubble formed in its open mouth. The wolves then growled before they all charged at the small creature, causing Sweetie Belle to get to her hooves and try to gallop to the creature, but again she trips over her hooves. But that’s when the little pony saw something incredible!

Time seemed to have slowed down as Sweetie watched as the wolves closed in on the creature, who was still surrounded by the strange wisps of smoke and generating a bigger bubble in its mouth. But just as the wolves were a mere feet from the creature, claws and fangs readied to deliver their strikes, the wisps of smoke around the small creature vanished. Then almost in an instant the bubble in its mouth shrunk, before rapidly expanding and erupting into something that turned into what Sweetie could only recognized as a giant magical blue blast! The beam of energy rocketed from the creature and slammed right into the wolves, causing sap to burst from their muzzles and then the rest of their bodies as they were being launched several feet away, before they shattered the wolves bodies and scattering their remains all over the small clearing. With some being launched into the tree line, and even tearing up a small collection of trees.

After the timberwolves were decimated, along with a few of the trees, Sweetie Belle turned to look at the small creature as the beam of magic died down before completely fading away. Once the attack had subsided the little creature looked over to Sweetie, gave her a tired smile, before it then collapsed to the floor and appeared to have passed out.

“Oh no!” Sweetie shouted before she quickly got to her hooves and galloped over to the creature.

Reaching the creature the filly then checked it over but only saw that it had a big bruise on its head from where the wolf smacked it with its paw, and just how visibly tired it was. Not wasting any time Sweetie placed the creature back on her back and then raced off towards the exit of the Everfree, after bursting out of the forest the filly decided to take the creature to Fluttershy. Hoping that the pegasus could help her little protector that tried to save her.