• Published 28th Dec 2011
  • 5,079 Views, 37 Comments

Transformers/My little pony: First contact - Bronyzilla



For years they've slept, now the Autobots have awoken in an all new world. But why?

  • ...
5
 37
 5,079

Chapter 4: A grim problem(part 2)

It was a beautiful day in the Everfree forest. The sound of nature could be heard all throughout it. The birds were chirping, the bees were buzzing, but the wonderous sounds of Mother Nature were cut off with the disruptive sounds of engines. The little Volkswagen known as Bumblebee passed through this forest, scaring off any wild life that was near him. He was looking for one thing; civilization. He and the other Autobots had found themselves mysteriously waking up in a cave in an unknown forest. Now they are in need of help, and Bumblebee was tasked with finding it. The Autobot had been traveling in circles though, for he was now lost. He had stopped looking help, and started looking for a way out of this forest instead.

"Ugh...” he grunted has he tried to maneuver his way through some trees, "It's official, I hate nature."

Bumblebee stopped in his tracks and transformed into his robot mode to get a better understanding of his surroundings, "I could've sworn that I passed that same tree a stellar cycle ago!"

Bumblebee took a seat on the ground below him, and began complaining about hi dilemma, "Great, first; I find myself in some stupid cave, then; I get scolded by Prowl, and now; I'm lost in a gigantic forest. This day is just turning out great..."

Before Bumblebee could complain anymore, he heard a sound. He perked his head and began looking around.

"Huh? What was that?"

He listened some more, but heard nothing.

"Hmph," he shrugged, "must've been nothing."

Suddenly, he heard the noise again, this time it was slightly louder, "Ok, I know I heard something that time!"

Bumblebee atoned his audio receptors to the noise, he heard a voice. Scratch that, he heard voices! It sounded like there were some people having a conversation.

A grin grew on Bumblebee's face as he said, "Yes! I finally found someone in this stupid place!"

Bumblebee wasted no time in transforming into his vehicle mode and speeding off towards the source of the voices.




***

It took him a few minutes, he even had to stop a few times to listen to the voices again, but Bumblebee finally located the source of the mysterious voices. He even managed to reach the edge of this accursed forest.

"I found someone, and I made it out of this forest. This is starting to become my lucky day!"

Bumblebee took cover behind some bushes. He stayed in his vehicle mode in order to stay undetected. He didn't want to reveal himself until he was certain that he had found someone who could help, like a human or an Autobot, Primus forbid that he encountered a Decepticon. He looked in front of him to see the voices were coming from a small structure that was built on top of a tree. He recognized this structure as a tree house. He recalled that a lot of Earth children liked to play in these things.

"I better stay hidden," decided Bumblebee, "if there are children in there, I might spoke them. I'll just stay here and continue to monitor their conversation until I can get a better understanding of what's going on here."


***

If Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle had the choice to have anything in the world, it would be to get their cutie marks. A cutie mark is something everypony gets when they reach a certain age. A mark would appear on the flank of a pony when they realized their special talent; the mark would always symbolize the pony’s interests in some way shape or form. Nearly everypony had one, except these three. Almost every day, these three fillies would almost always get picked on for the lack of a cutie mark, that's why they've made it their life goal to obtain one, no matter the cost. They even dubbed themselves the Cutie mark crusaders. Now here they were, in their tree house trying to come up with a way to get a cutie mark. But they were stumped, normally they would come up with some half-brained plan by now but sadly this was not the case today. They've been sitting in their tree house for what seemed like hours trying to come up with something.

"I got it!” exclaimed the young unicorn pony, Sweetie Belle.

"You do?” asked the Pegasus pony, Scootaloo.

"Well then, get on with it!” ordered the southern earth pony, Apple Bloom.

"Ok, here it is... “Sweetie Belle paused for dramatic effect, "we can be astronauts!"

"Astronauts?” questioned Scootaloo.

"Yep! We can all build a spaceship and go to the moon! We'll be the first ponies on the moon! Instant cutie marks!"

Both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo facehoofed. Never before had they heard a more idiotic plan, and they've come up with some dumb ones.


"C'mon Sweetie Belle," said Apple Bloom, "ah can't even spell astronaut and even ah know that's not possible!"

"And besides," continued Scootaloo, "hasn't Princess Luna already been to the moon?"

"Oh yeah...” Sweetie Belle and the other crusaders sulked back into their depressed states. They'll never get their cutie marks as far as they were concerned. All hope seemed to be lost for them. Until:

"Wait!” exclaimed Scootaloo, startling both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle "I've got an idea!"

Scootaloo turned and pointed straight at Sweetie Belle and asked, "Sweetie Belle! You're a unicorn pony, right?"

"Last time I checked."

"So that means you can do magic, right?"

"Sort of... I don't really know a lot of spells, why do you ask?"

"Because we're going to use magic to get our cutie marks!” Scootaloo answered proudly.

"But... didn't we already try that?” questioned Sweetie.

It was true. Magic was among the many things the crusaders had tried to use in order to get their cutie marks. They've even been able to trick the likes of Twilight Sparkle and Zecora to use magic on them, although both attempts backfired pretty badly... Many other ponies had frowned upon them for using these tactics, but that still didn't stop them.

"Haven't we already tried that?"

"I didn't exactly mean for you to use it on us. I mean you should try to do a spell and see if that helps you get your cutie mark. I heard a lot of unicorn ponies got theirs when they did their first spell!"

As shaky as Scootaloo's plan sounded, it did make a little sense to Sweetie. She had heard many stories of unicorn ponies getting their cutie marks when they did their first spell. Before she could think about it anymore, she already started to get anxious looks from both of her friends.

"Oh... ok. I guess it couldn't hurt."

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom sate down as Sweetie tried to gather her thoughts. She closed her eyes and began concentrating. She wasn't really concentrating on anything in particular though.

"Is anything happening?” she asked, eyes still closed.

"Uh, not really.” answered Apple Bloom.

Sweetie concentrated more. She wouldn't let anything stop her, she was too determined for that. At first, she didn't feel anything, but then, she felt something. She didn't know what it was; it seemed to be like some type of spark. Sweetie hadn't felt anything like this before, it was as if it was alive. She focused all her magic on the spark. She could defiantly feel it reacting to her magic.

"Girls, I think something's happening!” she exclaimed.

Suddenly, the whole tree house began to move.

"Does anypony feel that?” asked a curious Scootaloo.

"Feel what?” questioned Apple Bloom.

"Shhh!” hushed Sweetie, "I'm trying to concentrate!"

Sweetie focused even more, and the whole tree house began to shake rapidly. Cracks began to form on the walls, as the whole tree house started to come apart!

"Uh, Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo said with fear now in her voice.

"Shhh! I said I'm trying to concentrate!"

The tree began to sway back and forth, both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo lost their footing and ended up sliding out the front doorway of their tree house.

"Sweetie Belle!” both screamed as they fell.

Sweetie finally opened her eyes and yelled, "What?! What do you guys wa-"

Sweetie stopped talking when she saw both her friends falling out of their tree house.

"Don't worry guys! I'm coming!” she exclaimed as she jumped after them. She would learn to regret that action, as she remembered that unicorn ponies couldn't fly.

"Uh oh..."

All three crusaders, instead of screaming, closed their eyes and braced for impact. The tree house wasn't that high up, but a fall that height could still hurt someone pretty could. Seconds passed, and the crusaders were still waiting to connect with the ground.

"This is a long fall!” proclaimed Sweetie Belle, "Somepony open their eyes and see how close we are to the ground!"

Apple Bloom slowly opened her eyes, and was shocked to her very core at what she saw.

"Uh, girls? You might want to open your eyes..."

The rest of the crusaders opened their eyes and found themselves being just as shocked as Apple Bloom was. They were no longer falling, for they had landed within the hands of one of the biggest creatures that they had ever seen in their entire lives. It was yellow, bipedal, and had two tiny horns on the top of its head. Before they could say anything, the creature quickly but carefully put them down safely on the ground, and then turned around to watch their tree house tumble over.

"No!” it yelled, "I couldn't save the humans!"

The creature dropped to its knees and almost seemed to be in some type of anguish, "What am I going to tell Optimus?"

The crusaders all exchanged glances that were both confused and frightened.

"Uh, girls?” whispered Apple Bloom, not wanting to alert the creature, "Does any of y'all know what in the hay that thing is? Mah big sis told m 'bout all the monsters from the everfree forest, but ah don't she's ever told me 'bout something like this!"

Each filly had to take some time to ponder just what this thing was. Their parents had always warned them about all the monsters that lurked deep within the mysterious everfree forest; they'd always describe each and every one of them so they'd know which ones to avoid. But they'd never told them about ones like this. In fact, it doesn’t even seem to be a threat to them. Sure it's huge and could squash them like bugs, but if it wanted to do that, it would've done it already. In fact, if that thing hadn’t of caught them, they could've been seriously hurt. It saved them.

"I'm going to go talk to It.", exclaimed Sweetie Belle with a confident look.

"Uh, be careful.” pleaded a worried Scootaloo.


***



Bumblebee couldn't find any words to describe the amount of guilt he was feeling right now. While he was monitoring a tree house he suspected was the source of the voices he heard, it mysteriously began to tumble over. He managed to rescue three horses that were oddly placed in the tree house; he couldn't save the humans he had assumed were inside. As an Autobot, it is his duty to protect all sentient beings. So letting something like this happen went against almost everything he stood for.

"I just wasn't fast enough..." he told himself as he mourned his lose.

"Uh, excuse me?"

Bumblebee snapped out of his guilt trip if only for a brief moment to investigate the source of the voice. His hopes were raised as he began to wonder if one of the humans had survived.

"Hello?" he asked, "Who said that? Show yourself!"

"Down here!"

Bumblebee turned his attention downwards to see one of the horses he had saved.

"Uh, are you behind the horse or..."

The equine gave the Autobot a confused stare before answering, "Uh, you mean I'm the horse, right? Oh, and I'm not really a horse, I'm a pony."

Bumblebee jumped back a couple feet after hearing the horse, I mean pony, talk. This also caused the pony to jump back out of surprise as well.

"What? What is it?", it asked franticly.

"Y-you talked!"

"Of course I did! Everypony talks!"

The pony looked at Bumblebee in an awkward way. It seemed to be studying him a little, looking him over a few times before asking, "You're not from around here, are you? My name's Sweetie Belle by the way, thanks for saving us!"

Bumblebee's optics must've clearly been shot. It's the only explanation he could think of for this. Bumblebee was never much of a nature kind of bot, but he knew enough from Perceptor's and Wheeljack's reports on Earth's wildlife that ponies like this one didn't normally talk. He also noticed something else odd about the pony now known as Sweetie Belle, she had a horn. Bumblebee also remembered that ponies didn't have those either.

"Uh, don't mention it." Bumblebee responded, "Name's Bumblebee by the way."


Sweetie Belle's friends (or at least Bumblebee assumed that they were her friends) walked up to observe him, after knowing that he wasn't going to hurt them.

"Hey there!", greeted the orange one, "Name's Scootaloo! Man, I wish Rainbow Dash was here to see this..."

Bumblebee took note of the small wings on Scootaloo's back, something else ponies weren't supposed to have.

"Whoa," he mumbled to himself, "just gets keeps getting wilder by the minute..."

Last, but not least, the red manned, yellow pony walked up to Bumblebee to introduce herself, "Howdy there! Name's Apple Bloom! Nice ta' meet ya' Bumblebee!"

The little filly had a cute little southern charm to which Bumblebee couldn't help but grin at.

All three fillies got together and proclaimed, "And together, we're the Cutie mark crusaders!"

They stroke valiant poses (or at least valiant by their standards) in an attempt to impress Bumblebee.

"Huh, just wait till I tell the other Autobots about this!"

Before anybody could tell anybody anything, the ground itself began to tremor, causing the crusaders to fall out of their poses.

"What the?!"

Bumblebee turned back to the fallen tree house to see that something was coming out of the groud where the tree house once stood.

"Uh oh.” Bumblebee said to himself, "Looks like whatever knocked over these guys tree house is about to rear its ugly head..."

"Crusaders, stay behind me!” Bumblebee ordered the filly trio, "I don't know what's about to come up out of the ground, but I don’t think it's friendly! It could be a Decepticon for all I know!"

"A Deceptiwhat?!” asked a confused Scootaloo.

"Just stay behind me!"

Bumblebee got into a fighting stance as the crusaders fell back behind him. He was ready for anything that wanted to start trouble. He could see a head try to rear itself out of the ground, and eventually the rest of its body followed afterwards. The being appeared to be some kind of robotic monster, Bumblebee could've sworn he had seen something like this before, and then it hit. He knew exactly who this was, and he wasn't happy that it was him.

"Me Grimlock is not amused!"



***


Colgate finally began to regain conciseness. She had no idea what was going on, all she remembered was that she was on her way to Fluttershy's cottage to help with her birthday party, then she was ambushed by some weird bat-like creature, and then everything went dark. And now here she is, lying down on a cold, metal table in an dark room. She tried to lift her right arm but couldn't. She looked over and saw that her arm was being held down by a strange glowing restraint. The same with her left arm and legs. She began to panic; she started to thrash all about as she began to scream, "Help! Please, if anypony can her me, help!"

"If you'll be so kind as to stop doing that, it took me so long to make those energon cuffs to restrain you. It would be a shame if anything happened to them."

Colgate stopped her struggling to see who was in the room with her, "W-who said that?"

As if on que, a bright light beamed down on her face, hurting her eyes, and a large figure revealed itself in front of her.

"That would be me, my dear."

Colgate didn’t know what to make of the figure. Its height was amazing. It was almost as tall as an average house. The most noticeable thing about him, was that he had no face. No mouth, no noise, no chin, just one yellow pupil less eye that blinked a yellow light every time he talked.

"W-who are you?"

The figure continued to monitor her before turning to a large tray of assorted what she assumed to be surgical tools, "You do not need to trouble yourself with that knowledge Miss, Colgate was it? Just know that I'm going to be your best friend for the next hour or so."

Colgate started to struggle again, knowing what this mystery being had planned for her was not good. But then she realized something, she was a unicorn pony! She could use her magic to get out of this! She focused all her magic into her horn, but got no reaction.

"What the, what's wrong with my magic?!"

"Energon cuffs.” the figure answered as he continued to fiddle with the surgical tools, "I have modified them to deal with this "magic" you flesh creatures love to use."

After hearing this, Colgate lost all hope, knowing that her best bet of escaping this mad man had just been thrown out the window.

"You flesh creatures are an interesting bunch," he continued, "defiantly more interesting than those dirty humans. You are all made up off four different sub-species, each having its own assortment of special abilities. I've been able to find ways to convert your "magic" into energon, with surgical means of course. And now you know why you’re here, which I’m sure you were wondering. As the phrase goes “Knowing is half the battle”."

The figure finally found the tool he was looking for, "Ah, here we are. Now, don't worry, I don't mean you any harm.” he said as he turned back to Colgate, "But that doesn't mean I won't cause you any."

Suddenly, a loud screech pierced Colgates ears, hurting her eardrums.

"Hmph, it appears my little friend has returned, if you'll excuse me."

The figure held out his arm, and a strange, robotic, bat-like creature flew in and landed on the tip of his finger. Colgate recognized it as the creature that attacked her earlier.

"Ratbat, back so soon? What have you to report?"

Ratbat let out a collection of screeches, which continued to hurt Colgates ears.

"No... It can't be. The Autobots are awake? No... I've been doing these operations in Equestria for Primus knows how long; these flesh creatures have shown little opposition to me. The only ones who'd be able to stop me are the two alicorns, Celestia and Luna, but I've been able to stay out their way, but with the Autobots thrown into the mix... unacceptable!" he yelled as he slammed a fist down onto the surgical tray, "I must not have this! In order to continue with my plan, the return of the Decepticons must begin now! Ratbat, I want you to monitor the Autobots, if they come in contact with the elements of harmony, let me know."

Ratbat nodded as he flew away to carry out the task that was given to him.

"Now, where were we?" asked the figure as he turned back to a frightened Colgate, "Ah, yes, our unfinished business."

Colgate could only gulp as she faced her uncertain fate.



Note: Very sorry that this took so long to come out. A grim problem should be wrapping up next chapter, hopefully. Also sorry I didn’t show what was going on with Optimus, Ratchet, Prowl, Jazz, Twilight, Rarity, or Spike. There isn’t really much going on with them at this point anyways. Also, if you’re still wondering what was going on at the start of chapter two, I promise, you WILL find out next chapter. Also sorry if this chapter seemed too short. Now, if you'll excuse me, they're at least 61 unread chapters in my tracking list.

Comments ( 12 )

COLGATE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!My faverate toothpaste based pony!My reaction:
media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxt5a1FuLX1qjbhq0.gif

Dirty pool, mister. Dirty pool.:ajbemused: Just for what you are doing to Colgate, I'm only giving you two stars on account of the awesome crossover.

I wonder who this Decepticon is? I would think Soundwave, but he's not normally this emotive or casual.

195180 Shockwave, I think. Just going by the one yellow light/eye.

Poor Colgate! I hope someone stages a rescue soon.

Bumblebee and the Cutie Mark Crusaders . . . yeah, that just seems RIGHT, somehow. :scootangel:

195669
Wow, that's painfully obvious in retrospect. Go reading comprehension!

Still think he's a little casual for Shockwave.

Huh. This came up as me having already read it when it updated, and it now that I second-guessed it ans checked it out, I definitely hadn't seen this before. I'll go ahead and blame the SOPA protest thing, since it makes as much sense as anything else.

Oh, Shockwave, you beautiful bastard. Welcome to the fic.

203381This came up as already read on your tracking list?:rainbowhuh: That can't be good...

192700 awsome chapter :trollestia:

Awsome I love transformers I just wish they would stop using gen 1 I don't know much about those ones but super awsome storie please make a new chapter soon :twilightsmile:

which con is colgate with

3 years since a chapter... You sir should not even be a writer.

Login or register to comment