• Published 8th Nov 2020
  • 1,460 Views, 32 Comments

My Little Pony: Ice Cream Ending - Flint-Lock



Twilight Sparkle needs some ice cream.

  • ...
1
 32
 1,460

The Outer Worlds: Best RPG Ever!

Laying on her bed, Twilight Sparkle talked to the universe, eyes closed and wings outstretched

With knowledge gleaned from years studying arcane texts, she channeled willpower into her horn, tapping into energies that were old when Equestria was young. With her powerful mind, she gave the universe a simple command: Obey.

The universe complied. A tub of ice cream popped into existence, accompanied by a spoon.

Opening her eyes, she popped off the cardboard lid, Twilight willed the spoon to bury itself into the ice cream, scooping out a chunk of purplish goodness and dropping it into her mouth like a mother bird feeding her chick.

Purpleberry flavor. Her favorite.

-

As she shoveled the slices of sugary sweetness into her mouth, Twilight let her plum-colored mane down and sighed, letting herself relax for the first time that day. Outside, she could hear the sounds of Pinkie’s “Twilight’s Our New Supreme Ruler So I’m Legally Obligated to Throw a Party” party slowly burning itself out. At the foot of her bed, Spike was curled up on the floor, wearing a lampshade like a little helmet.

If the past few years had taught her anything, it was that times like this didn’t last long. Just when it seemed things were returning to normal; the villain was reformed, the debris was being swept up, the last patients were being discharged, some other catastrophe had to strike. It was a miracle she wasn’t a complete nervous wreck by now.

Another lump of purplish goodness slid down Twilight’s throat. She licked a little molten ice cream from her lips. Before her ascension, she would have limited herself to a small bowl, no more, no less. Every calorie that entered her body was scrupulously tracked. Now, thanks to her new and improved metabolism, She could eat nothing but ice cream for twenty-four hours straight and all of that delicious sugar and fat would be converted directly into energy, while the tiny remainder would be shunted to her flanks, just enough to make them slightly bigger.

Forget immortality. That was the true gift of alicornhood

As she declared war on ice cream, one of the many books on her obsessively organized bookshelf started glowing and buzzing

Twilight’s ears perked up. Sunset! With a command, she levitated a dog-eared journal emblazoned with a stylized yin-yang sun off of the shelf, joining the ice cream tub and spoon in orbit above her bed. Twilight flipped to the nearest blank page. Slowly, words started to form on the creamy white paper.

You there, Twi?

Twilight levitated a fountain pen over from her desk. Yeah, I’m here. How are you?” She said. Not wanting to wake up Spike, she charmed the pen with a spell, and the little writing utensil loyally wrote down every word she said.

“Drained. Seems like every other day someone stumbles on a magical toilet plunger or cursed pipe wrench or whatever. I mean, just last week, two kids found an enchanted slide projector in the city dump that could open portals to other worlds*.”

“What’s so bad about that?”

”Nothing... until they accidentally freed some Lovecraftian abomination from a nightmare world and nearly destroyed reality. When we finally managed to destroy the damned thing, I remembered that I had finals coming up in a week! Say hello to ten hours of non-stop studying. I swear, if I see another textbook ever again I am going to strangle it...somehow!

Okay, rant’s over. So, what’s up with you? How are things back at home?


Twilight took a deep breath.”You have no idea.” She wrote, giving a brief synopsis of Discord’s masquerade as Grogar, Cozy Glow gaining control of an extremely powerful magical artifact, the battle with the Legion of Doom, and the aftermath.

“...And just a few hours ago, I was crowned Princess of all Equestria.

For a moment, the page stayed blank.

Damn...and I thought my month was busy. There was a brief pause. “So, what’s it like, being the Grand Poobah of all ponies?

It’s...different. I now technically own Canterlot castle, have unlimited access to the royal treasury, the combined power of two alicorns, AND an army of servants to tend to my every whim.” Twilight scarfed another spoonful of sugary goodness. “I guess it’s kind of neat.”

What’s the catch?

“Well, I do have to attend court every day and night, assemble and meet with a cabinet, review and sign laws, raise and lower the sun, sign letters, meet with dignitaries, try to deal with the Canterlot nobility without teleporting them into the sun…

Twilight thought for a second. “Oh, and the mail. Sweet Goddess the mail!

How much mail are we talking about?

“More than even I care to count,” Twilight snorted. “ I’ve only been a Princess for a few hours and I’m already getting mountains of marriage proposals, petitions, charity appearances, offerings, votives...”

Offerings? Votives?

You heard that correctly; according to the Sparklists, yours truly is ‘The Sparkling One’, chosen by the Goddess herself to rule over Equinity.” Twilight rolled her eyes and groaned” No matter how many times I tell them otherwise’, they just keep saying ‘Only the truly divine deny their own divinity,’” Like that makes any sense.”

“Does this mean I can pray to you whenever I buy a lottery ticket? If I shout “Twilight Dammit” every time I stub my toe, is it considered blasphemous?

“If you believe the pamphlets they’re passing out, then yes.” She sighed. “Still, at least they aren’t trying to paste my face on a t-shirt for a cheap bit.”

“Ah, capitalism. Never changes.”

Twilight groaned. “It was fine when it was just a movie adaptation or a biography, but now I can’t throw a rock without hitting some salespony pushing a ‘Twilight Sparkle Official Plushie’ or ‘Twilight Sparkle-approved toothpaste’.”

Another lump of ice cream shoveled itself into Twilight’s mouth. “I mean, what’s next? “Twilight Sparkle-brand toilet-cleaner tablets, shaped like little unicorns?

“ What about the official ‘Action Princess ™ ’ action figure?”

Twilight nickered. “Or ‘Sparkle-os’: purpleberry-flavored cereal, with little marshmallow cutiemarks!

“It’s got nothing on the next sure-fire arcade hit “Sparkle Fighter ” and its movie adaptation, and the home console adaptation of the movie, and the board game based on the console game…”

Twilight grinned. What about the Twilight Sparkle popsicles?” Show how much you love the Princess by taking a big bite out of her face!” Beat that.

“Behold, the Twilight Sparkle ‘Fires of Friendship ™ ” miniature flamethrower! The foals would love it!”

Twilight burst out in laughter, nearly spraying ice cream all over the bed. “Okay okay, you win.”

“Never mess with the Queen of bad ideas.”

Twilight frowned. “That’s a little unfair, don’t you think?

There was a short pause. “Twi, I tried to take over an entire world with an army of brainwashed teenagers.”

Good point,Twilight said. Something occurred to her.

Speaking of teenagers. This is your second-to-last year as a high schooler, right?

“Yep. Barring the very likely chance of an accidental apocalypse, I should graduate next year.”

What do you have planned after that?

I don’t know. Back when I was still a colossal bitch, I didn’t plan to stay here that long; just enough to prove to Celestia that I was princess material. Then I took a magical Friendship Laser of Death to the face That kind of scuttled my plans.

(Friendship Laser of Death’... Dammit, That’s what we should have called the band!).

After that, well, I just played along. Maybe once I graduate I’ll return to Equestria. Or maybe I’ll stay here. Marry one of the locals. Go native. I just don’t know.”

Well, if you decide to come back, I could always use someone like you in my cabinet”

Good one Twi... Wait, you’re serious. You can’t be serious!

Give yourself some credit, Sunset. You’ve saved the Mirror world multiple times, successfully contained or destroyed several dangerous magical artifacts, and you play a mean guitar. If anything you’re overqualified for the role. Moreso than many of the so-called ‘nobility’”

Well… I’ll think about it...Oh Horseapples!

“What’s wrong?”

“Totally lost track of time. It’s late. Way later than I thought. I gotta get some sleep. Catch You sometime next month, oh Great and Sparkly One.”

Twilight nickered. How dare you take my name in vain!.

“Whatever you say, my goddess.”

With that, Twilight clapped the journal shut and gently levitated it over to the shelf, nudging it back into the gap like a dentist reinserting a tooth. She gazed up at the ceiling, plopping some more ice cream into her mouth.

As she grazed, something occurred to Twilight all of the lessons she'd learned, the mistakes she'd made, the villains she'd redeemed, had all lead up to this moment.

And you know what, it was totally worth it.


Author's Note:

Inspired by this

Comments ( 32 )

(Friendship Laser of Death’... Dammit, That’s what we should have called the band!).

I know right? This is so better than Rainbooms. Don't know why anyone didn't think of it. Go figure.

I guess after you read that last fic that you blogged about, you must've felt like cheering yourself (and some of us) up.:pinkiesmile:

I enjoyed reading this. My first time playing Outer Worlds actually ended the same.:twilightblush:

Such a fun and imaginative video game.:eeyup:

“Behold, the Twilight Sparkle ‘Fires of Friendship ™ ” miniature flamethrower! The foals would love it!”

Someone read my Xmas list

10521986

I guess after you read that last fic that you blogged about, you must've felt like cheering yourself (and some of us) up.:pinkiesmile:

Yeah, I needed something a little more light-hearted. Don't get me wrong, it's a well-written fic, but it's really hard on the heartstrings.

God, that cover art is freaking adorable! :twilightsmile:

Okay, that was a really good laugh!:rainbowlaugh:

With her powerful mind, she gave the universe a simple command: Obey.
The universe complied. A tub of ice cream popped into existence, accompanied by a spoon.

:raritydespair:: "I need to know this spell!"
:raritycry:: "I need it!"

Forget immortality. That was the true gift of alicornhood

:trollestia:: "I know, right? And now excuse me while I devour more of my royal cake!"
(Also, you are lacking some punctuation here.)

“ What about the official ‘Action Princess ™ ’ action figure?”

Hasbro: "Write that down! Write that down!"

“Behold, the Twilight Sparkle ‘Fires of Friendship ™ ” miniature flamethrower! The foals would love it!”

Cherilee: "No! Not again!"
(Also, good reference!)


Good story!
I enjoyed reading it.


10522530
10522610
Found the Source! (I think...)
Consider adding it.
In the description of the source is also a link to Twilight without the background, in case you prefer it that way.

10523166 Thank you very much! :pinkiehappy: Tried finding this on Derpibooru, but couldn't find it.

She ate the purpleberry.... they taste like burning

Any destiny that leads you to being able to summon and eat all the ice cream you like without any drawbacks is, by definition at least a semi-good ending.

Sadly, as it turned out "Friendship Laser of Death" was already taken by Death Clock as their sequel to "Laser Cannon Death Sentence", so it would have just ended up a copyright issue jammed in the gears.

(Friendship Laser of Death’... Dammit, That’s what we should have called the band!).

"I know right? Why did we call ourselves the Rainbooms anyway?"

"I blame Rainbow Dash. You remember how bad she was back then. Wait. You're still a Rainboom?

"Um... Yes? I never quit the band. And last I checked, you girls never kicked me out. Remember? I may not have done anything with you girls since the Battle of the Bands, and with other me there it gets a little weird. But still."

"Huh... Good point. We never did kick you out, and I doubt we ever will. We need to get the old band back together one day. For old times sake. And without the threat of the end of the world. That, and you never visit as much as you should."

***

That's all I got. But that line brought that up for me. Great story for sure :P

It’s...different. I now technically own Canterlot castle, have ... the combined power of two alicorns

How did Twilight get the power of two Alicorns, again?

10524034
I think she means that as ruler of Equestria, she can boss around Celestia and Luna whenever she feels like it.

I’d go to a concert with a band with that name, just to see if they blinded the audience with lasers if nothing else.

She could eat nothing but ice cream for twenty-four hours straight and all of that delicious sugar and fat would be converted directly into energy, while the tiny remainder would be shunted to her flanks, just enough to make them slightly bigger.

Which begs the question, just how much cake does Celestia eat to get her flanks? :trollestia:

“ You heard that correctly; according to the Sparklists, yours truly is ‘The Sparkling One’, chosen by the Goddess herself to rule over Equinity.” Twilight rolled her eyes and groaned” No matter how many times I tell them otherwise’, they just keep saying ‘Only the truly divine deny their own divinity,’” Like that makes any sense .”

I would like to inquire as to where I can join this enlightened group. :moustache:

Heh, cute. Gotta have that one friend that will keep your grounded no matter how high a pedistal some stick you on. Well done.

I mean, just last week, two kids found an enchanted slide projector in the city dump that could open portals to other worlds*

Co

Been playing Control? :P

Awh, now this is such a sweet 'lil story to read! The funnies and sweet moments are just too good to pass up on! I hope ya didn't mind, but I simply had to make a reading in this story of yours!

Audio Linkyloo!: https://youtu.be/zj6Mt76z3Ps

(I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment in any way!)

I scream, you scream, we all scream... Are you screaming yet?

10524337
Dear Former Vice-princess Luna,

After years of collaboration with Mirror Twilight, I now have the technological knowledge to attempt to land a vessel on the Moon. It is a very important stepping stone in our world's advancement and I would greatly appreciate your involvement and help going forward. I'm not suggesting that I am requiring you aid my R&D team, but it would be a shame if we went forward without your blessing, and I also have a long list of obscene things that I might potentially paint upon the lunar surface if a certain blue alicorn doesn't properly incentivize me not to.

Your Supreme Friendmaster in Chief,
Twilight Sparkle

10524337
Probably refers to C and L putting power into T's crown. Without which, according to the comics, she can't move the sun.

10524470
She's not the Messiah, she's a very naughty filly.

10525250

Haven't read most of the comics: doesn't Twilight on the show get some sort of magical amulet for sun-moving?

Is it wrong that I now want a sequel where Sunset becomes Nobility or whatever to help Twilight as Grand Princess of Equestria?

ALSO: This was nicely written and well done! I can see what it got a top spot! ^^

Twilight grinned. What about the Twilight Sparkle popsicles?” Show how much you love the Princess by taking a big bite out of her face!”

:rainbowlaugh: I... the word choice here.....................

10525634
Yes. It gets replaced within a few episodes because she breaks it.

10524836
Maybe a little...

Director Twilight S. Faden ... sounds neat.

Also, an ever shifting Canterlot stuffed to the brim with magical artifacts and a nerdy demi goddess with a sentient gun sounds like a total riot.
Want it, need it. Somepony write that story rtf now.

Nice fluff piece with funny references.

Laying on her bed, Twilight Sparkle talked to the universe, eyes closed and wings outstretched

outstretched.*

Forget immortality. That was the true gift of alicornhood

alicornhood.*

As she declared war on ice cream, one of the many books on her obsessively organized bookshelf started glowing and buzzing

buzzing.*

“Drained. Seems like every other day someone stumbles on a magical toilet plunger or cursed pipe wrench or whatever. I mean, just last week, two kids found an enchanted slide projector in the city dump that could open portals to other worlds*.”

Damn! :pinkiegasp:

“ You heard that correctly; according to the Sparklists, yours truly is ‘The Sparkling One’, chosen by the Goddess herself to rule over Equinity.” Twilight rolled her eyes and groaned” No matter how many times I tell them otherwise’, they just keep saying ‘Only the truly divine deny their own divinity,’” Like that makes any sense .”

"No matter*

“ You heard that correctly; according to the Sparklists, yours truly is ‘The Sparkling One’, chosen by the Goddess herself to rule over Equinity.” Twilight rolled her eyes and groaned” No matter how many times I tell them otherwise’, they just keep saying ‘Only the truly divine deny their own divinity,’” Like that makes any sense .”

divinity,' "Like that makes any sense."*

I don’t know. Back when I was still a colossal bitch, I didn’t plan to stay here that long; just enough to prove to Celestia that I was princess material. Then I took a magical Friendship Laser of Death to the face That kind of scuttled my plans.

face. That*

“ Well, if you decide to come back, I could always use someone like you in my cabinet”

cabinet."*

“ Give yourself some credit, Sunset. You’ve saved the Mirror world multiple times, successfully contained or destroyed several dangerous magical artifacts, and you play a mean guitar. If anything you’re overqualified for the role. Moreso than many of the so-called ‘nobility’”

novality."

Despite from the many mistakes I saw I overall enjoyed this story. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment