• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 1,986 Views, 37 Comments

Stuck in Yakyakistan - Soaring



Most humans go to Equestria. Unfortunately for Devin, he gets sent to Yakyakistan instead. (HiY)

  • ...
4
 37
 1,986

Stomp-Out Or Get-Out!

It’s not normal to be stared at by two yaks in blankets.

“He skinny. Skinny like a twig!”

I knew they were yaks for two reasons. One, they kept saying it all the time. Yak, this. Yak, that. Yak smash! But that was the most obvious reason.

Really, they were full of muscle and massive. I almost took them for mammoths when I first woke up, but yet again, I was seeing double and they looked like big brown blurs from where I was laying. Before all this, I remember being at a concert with a ton of freak-shows that really liked to, for some reason, dance the polka while jamming to metal. I don’t know why I was even there in the first place, so waking up in such a cold place with nothing but a short sleeve tee, a pair of pants that had this weird shit stain on the side (it wasn’t from me so I don’t get how that got there), and a beanie to hide my poor excuse of a mop flop.

Unlike my hidden bad hair day, the yaks were proud. They had fur that was long and layered. They were walking tanks, minus the guns and the dignity. They had their heads way lower than the tallest part of their body, which was their torso. However, they still didn’t look any less intimidating to me, because I didn’t know if these yaks were as violent as they said.

“No way!” The second yak hollered, his brown eyes gleaming onward. His gravelly voice echoed in my ears as he continued, “He skinnier than twig. Look like string from pony land!”

Pony land? My eyebrow began to lift off, but I didn’t want them to see that I was interested in what they were talking about. So, I kept my legs closed, and my arms wrapped around me. I only looked on through the crack between my arms, watching them from afar.

The blue blanket one huffed loudly, grasping his stomach with his hoof.

“Haha! Yak would smash puny string! Smash to bits!”

Suddenly, it felt even colder than before, as a shiver raced down my spine. The breeze outside was likely to blame but man did I not want to get smashed by these yaks.

Suddenly, out of the back pocket of the Yak’s ass came a large wooden stump. I don’t know how that massive log came out of there, but I knew one thing was for sure: it did not inhibit the yak’s size. The blue blanketed yak slammed it on the ground, creating a dirt cloud filled with dust. It spread around the teepee, which made me huddle even closer to myself to avoid the cloud.

I closed my eyes tightly, wishing I was imagining all this. Hopefully if I shut them, I’d just teleport back home, with my sister telling me that I was a major, grade A, Zoomer, but that wouldn’t happen. Not at all.

I cracked open my left eye to see what had happened. It was oddly quiet, save for the yaks, who were quietly hoof-ing the stump as if to see if it was okay, which it was, since it was a stump. Yet they prodded it and moved it around.

Then, suddenly, the brown blanketed one voiced her opinions. “Say, where Yona at? Wasn’t she coming back from Pony Land?”

The other yak just shrugged, his blue blanket shifting on his back. “She not say, Yona probably fine, though. She a yak.”

“Of course she is!” the female yak exclaimed. She excitedly stomped around while her male counterpart stared onward, probably wondering how zooted she was. If he wasn’t, then I sure was thinking that. How could she be so happy stomping around like that? Was this some ritual they were doing to make me a sacrifice to some all-knowing, all-smashing, all-whateverer god-like Yak?

The survey said, yes, as they turned their attention back to me. The blue blanketed yak snorted aggressively, glaring at me like I was the next thing on his list of shitheads to stomp on, while the brown one watched on… smiling?

I blinked as I peeked out from behind my little fortress, aka the place I felt safest up until this point, while that aggressive-looking Yak slowly approached, shaking the ground earnestly with each step. I flinched each time he walked closer to me, and I had nowhere else to go, so even if I wanted to run, I knew that brownie gal would turn me into paste.

“H-Hello?” I stuttered, my voice hitching on the remaining humanity left in me.

The Yak stopped and sat down. He looked down at me before his hoof reached out towards me. “Hello, string. You okay?”

I blinked hard. I scooted away from that hoof, shaking in my own corner of the teepee, my back up against the tent like a child afraid of his own shadow. “No. Stay away from me!”

The Yak didn’t listen. He only scooted after me with a head tilt. “Why? Does Yak smell bad?”

“N-No, you don’t smell bad,” I said out of reflex. I slapped myself silly in my head, hoping that I wouldn’t do that again.

“Does Yak make String mad?”

I shook my head.

The Yak looked at his counterpart, who had now grown closer too, giving me no room to really breathe.

“Do not worry. Eben not strong. He weak too!” She had bumped up against her counterpart when she said ‘weak’, which made it all the more enjoyable when he snorted like a sputtering faucet.

“Raisa no room to talk! Raisa placed third in Stomp-Out last month! Yaks laughed at her. Laughed hard!”

The female yak rolled her eyes, but I could tell that what he said stung, her ears flopped against her skull, splayed back in shame. “I-I know, Eben, but you not win either! You placed below me!”

I smirked. Okay, I totally wasn’t in danger. As long as I didn’t say anything stupid like:

“How hard is the Stomp-Out?”

The two yaks looked at me with grins on their faces.

I really needed to learn not to open my mouth.

Eben began his broken tirade: “Yak spend lots to train for Stomp-Out. They train longer than most. They take second job for more logs. All for glory. All for honor. All for—”

Raisa, however, was done with that spiel. She had nudged him once again, earning her a glare for her efforts. She chuckled and pointed a hoof at me. “Eben blockhead. String not from here. String look like string!”

I rolled my eyes. “My name is Devin.”

They both keeled over, rolling onto their backs with their hooves in the air. They look like they were paddling at nothing, while the cackles of their laughter erupted, leaving me to sit there in silence, suffering like I was the end of a joke… or the beginning of a shattered stump.

It felt like forever before I voiced my opinion. “Are you both done yet?”

All I got was another bout of laughter from the both of them.

“He said done! HA! Yak think String might been strung!”

“Strung? HA! Yak would smash that strung string to powder!”

I stood up and walked to face them. They looked incredibly and utterly stupid with how they were looking at me. Eyes peering up from the ground, their backs anchoring them in place, and their hooves still paddling at nothing; it all culminated to this scene of mediocrity. This scene of pain.

This scene of my next dumb mistake.

“So, why does the Stomp-Out matter?”

The two gasped and somehow flipped over in sync, like the group just came back to release yet another album saying they were back.

“String must joke!” Raisa shouted.

I stepped back, this time working my way out the teepee. I waved my hands uncontrollably at them, while making sure I kept a car’s length between me, and my appending death.

Unfortunately for me, death was knocking at my doorstep. The two yaks were on me without any remorse.

Eben was first. ‘Yak not jokers like String! Stomp-Out is life. Life for all yaks! It part of initiation! Part of history! Part of—”

Eben yelped as Raisa reminded him of his careless ramblings, choosing this time to hit him right between the eyes with a quick yet playful shove. “Eben ramble too much.” She, then, turned to me and stared at me with a fiery vengeance. “Devin need new job! Devin need to practice! Need to be like Yak!”

Around me were other yaks. They joined in the fray, creating a circle around me and the other two yaks. It was like I was in a fight club, and I was put up against the two best fighters in the entire place. Either that, or we were about to have the weirdest interspecies dance party ever, and I was not wanting to be involved in the amount of angst and stump destruction that was to come.

Thankfully, as the crowd grew, so did the attention of the entire place, as a sudden loud bellow changed the crowd’s mind.

“EVERY YAK MOVE!”

It was like parting the Red Sea, only there wasn’t a sea. There was just snow, yaks, and even more yaks, and maybe a stray stump if I was looking hard enough. However, what made me look directly at this particular Yak was his jewelry. He had rings on his horns, and an intimidation factor even in his own subjects, as they bowed before him.

As he approached me, I was wondering if I was supposed to bow to him. Then I realized I wasn’t part of this culture, so I knew if I were to bow, it could be taken in two different ways: a sign of respect, or a sign of disrespect. So, I decided to not be a baby back bitch, and stood my ground.

The decorated Yak stood there, eying me up and down. Then, he began to speak:

“You no Yak! How you get here?”

I blinked. “I don’t—”

Raisa, the yak I least expected to step in, stepped in. “Found him in snow. Snow cold for piece of string, Prince Rutherford.”

Prince Rutherford gave her a chaste nod. “And why Raisa did you bring him here? Without telling Yaks?”

She shied away, bowing once again in front of Prince Rutherford. “Sorry, Prince! Was not thinking. Not happen again!”

He stomped down right in front of her. “Yak do not make mistakes! We are strong and great at everything, Raisa! Everything!

The two yaks that scared me before now were quivering under Prince Rutherford’s watchful eye. This yak meant business.

“Do better,” Rutherford spit out, before turning around to look at me once again. “Devin was name?”

I nodded slowly. “Yes, my name is Devin and I am a human.”

“Human? Human sounds like something pony would say! Not Yak.”

“Well I don’t know how a pony sounds so… I just woke up here in the snow and I really want to go home.”

“Home. What is home for human?”

“Not here, that’s for sure. So if you could point me in the direction of a ship so I can get out of here, that would be great.”

“Ship? Human, you are not home. You are in our home. My home.” Prince Rutherford glared at me with a thousand daggers. “You must stay, understand?”

I frowned and nodded. “I guess I have no choice, huh?”

“No, or Yaks will make sure you are smashed to bits.”

Sighing, I steeled myself forward, letting out a hand for the Yak to shake. “Okay, Prince Rutherford. Then what do I do to become a Yak?”

He slapped my hand away and growled. “You must participate in Stomp-Out, human! When Yona come, she will handle your training!”

“My… training?”

I gulped. This sounded like I was going to training camp, which was something I was avoiding. Yet, here I was, in a completely different place where talking Yaks told me I needed to be trained. Guess I’m in the military?

“Yes. Non-Yak look squishy. Look thin too. String accurate description. Yak will feed you snow sandwiches until you full.”

My stomach growled. “What’s a snow sandwich?”

The Yaks stomped on the ground, making it shake way more than it should’ve. Eben and Raisa came close, the female yak being more confident in herself even in front of the Prince as she looped a hoof around my back.

“Welcome to Yakyakistan! Hopefully Yona will be nice to you.”

My heart raced at that. Hopefully she is, because I wasn’t ready to die yet.

Author's Note:

Yak.
Yak.
Yak.

Rutherford needs more stories please.

Comments ( 35 )

hello frend do you want me to read this? i will read it for you if you wnt ne ti red ti.

10522516

wnt ne ti red ti

I think that's #5 at my local Chinese restaurant.

10522515
Love you too, Mr. Spike shipper. ☞︎●︎♏︎◆︎❒︎ ⬥︎♓︎●︎●︎ ♋︎●︎⬥︎♋︎⍓︎⬧︎ ⬧︎◻︎♏︎♋︎🙵 ♓︎■︎ 💧︎⬥︎♋︎♒︎♓︎●︎♓︎ .

10522516
Hey, Mike. I'm posting this in dark mode.

I am going to smash you.

10522641
Batista Bomb*

Fixed it for you!

5/10, not enough smashing.

Seriously though, this is an interesting idea, I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Death by snu snu!!

One of the best Yak stories I read

>not using the general yak tag to maximize tagged yaks
>not using the OC tag to properly tag your human character
Smh broski

10522885
Wait there's a general yak tag?!

Also I thought the human tag covered that, since the ocs in this aren't main characters.

10522978

Wait there's a general yak tag?!

Yeah, you just type in 'yaks' in the character tag index. Even the stories in the similar section have it.

Also I thought the human tag covered that, since the ocs in this aren't main characters.

Human is a genre tag. It just means humans, humanoid, or humanization is included. Devin is an OC.

10523015
Ah fuck, fair point. Fixing tags as we speak.

10523040
A pro-gamer move for sure. 🙏

Tracking, this looks interesting.

Dis writing be crisp dawg. I wanna sniff at what ya diggin', cuz I'zza batista bomb your ass any dayza mista.

10523527
You'll have a blast with this one!

10523642
Did you know that every year, at least two dozen people are sent to the ER due to autocastration?

10523651
Kanye 4 2020. Thizza prezidenta speakin' his slogan be, "Kan Yay! 4 Prezudent." We gots ourselves mista kanwe twitty 4 dizza campaign manager and shizzle. He be drinking it up and smokin a whole lotta pot.

10523650

autocastration

I literally do not care about your hobbies.

10523669
What about my collection?

10523673
Burn it like one of those Salem bitches.

10523682
Stephen King wants to know your location.

10523686
He can keep wanting.

10523527
Thank you for tracking my fic! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do already! Writing this has been a blast, so I can't wait to write more of it!

10522872
Thank you! :twilightsmile:

10522676
Thanks, Venerable Ro. There will be more smashing, I promise you that!

Wonder how long it will take for him to start speaking in some variety of third person.

Ooooo, this looks nice. I'll be following this this story, let's see where it goes! :pinkiehappy:

YAK SMASK LIKE AND FAVORITE!!!

Wait, wrong website.

10525032
We can still YAK SMASH like and Add to Favorite.

if your gonna get this die, then inform us, thanks

10698683
Will inform. ^^

Tbh, haven't able to write due to a rough couple of months at work. Things are looking up though and I'm wanting to put some words on the page. Not going to gaurantee it though, as the times are always changing.

Got about 1k already written for the next chapter.

10737860
glad to hear it, a lot of good 'anon' stories just shrivel up and die and I'm rather tired of the endless pattern of finding a good one, then having it wither away before my eyes like a piece of fruit left to rot

10738009
this comment was painful to read 2 years later

Login or register to comment