• Published 1st Nov 2020
  • 725 Views, 78 Comments

Mare Do Well: Rebirth - MagnetBolt



It's been years since Mare Do Well was last seen. Equestria has changed since then, and what should have been quiet retirement ends when a new threat comes to life in the city of Seasaddle. Is Mare Do Well up to the task, or is she outdated?

  • ...
3
 78
 725

Epilogue

“He’s probably going to be in prison for the rest of his life,” Loopy said. She narrowed her eyes, focusing on the difficult task at hoof. Literally at hoof. She’d been given two sticks, and while Gwen was effortlessly picking up noodles and veggies, Loopy had no idea how the griffon was actually managing it.

“You can ask for a fork, you know,” Gwen said, amused.

“No, no, I’m gonna figure this out,” Loopy said. “Just keep eating so I can do what you’re doing.”

“I have talons. You literally can’t do what I’m doing,” Gwen said, raising one up and wiggling her long claws. “Not unless you decide to change shape.”

“I think it might be rude to do that in public,” Loopy said. “It would be like changing your clothing.”

“Just get a fork.”

“In a minute,” Loopy mumbled. “I think I almost have this figured out.”

A waitress walked up to the table. “Excuse me,” she said, sheepishly.

“See?” Gwen said. “Even the staff feels sorry for you.”

“Actually, um…” she looked nervous. “Can you come with me?”

“What’s wrong?” Loopy asked. She lowered her voice. “If somepony is in danger, I can help.”

“It’s not that,” the waitress said. “There’s a pony who wants to speak with you.”

“A fan,” Gwen said. “Why am I not surprised?”

“You’re just jealous,” Loopy said. “I’ll go say hello and be right back.”

“Sure, sure, just ditch me in the middle of a date,” Gwen sighed. “I’ll be here, but I’m not gonna stop eating.”

“I’ll be fast,” Loopy promised, getting up to walk with the waitress. She was led through the restaurant, the other ponies not really looking at her. Despite being unmasked after the fight with Black, her picture hadn’t actually shown up in the paper yet. It didn’t surprise her that the average pony on the street didn’t know who she was.

Loopy didn’t get nervous until they turned a little corner, navigating a half-wall put in to give privacy to a door. A door with a golden-armored guard standing outside it.

The waitress swallowed and motioned to the door. The royal guard knocked on the door, and it opened from within.

“Come in.”

Loopy swallowed, her throat suddenly dry, and walked inside slowly, aware the guard was watching her every motion.

Inside, a purple mare was sitting at a private table. She didn’t look up at Loopy, and motioned to the seat across from her. She was struggling with a pair of chopsticks, and after a moment gave up on them and picked up a fork with her magic.

“You know, I’ve been wanting to speak with you for a while,” Princess Twilight Sparkle said. “I’ve heard a lot of good things, but news from Seasaddle just doesn’t get out to the rest of Equestria very quickly. After seeing it for myself I think it’s obvious it needs a little more attention from the crown. I’m sorry you had to clean up such a big mess, but I promise it won’t happen again.”

“I wasn’t expecting, um…” Loopy coughed. “Sorry, your highness.”

Twilight looked up. “Hm? Oh. No, no, like I said, I’m the one who’s sorry. This isn’t like Our Town. This is a huge city, and there’s no excuse for how bad things have gotten. I’m planning on changing some things around here and keeping an eye on the city. You saved them but it’s up to the rest of us to keep them saved.”

“We can probably use the help,” Loopy agreed.

Twilight nodded. “Speaking of help, I’ve been putting some thought into a special project.” She produced a few folders, hovering them over to Loopy. “I’ve been talking to ponies with special talents for helping others. You’re not the only one who decided to wear a mask.”

Loopy glanced at the folders. Each was marked with a symbol. A blazing sun. A shark. A lightning bolt.

“I haven’t decided what to call the project yet,” Twilight said. “But how would you like to be a part of something bigger?”

Comments ( 8 )

Bravo. Writing a chapter every day for a month, again, is no mean feat. Especially ones with such great ideas. Meanwhile I'm struggling to get single paragraphs in, haha.

A fun ride all the way through. And a good sequel hook! Well done, and it's been a great read.

Oh, my, and the last two chapters already?

Well, I enjoyed them as I have the rest of the story!
Thank you for writing and sharing this, and well done. :)

Ri2

Mare do Well will return in:

THE BEFRIENDERS

10551327
Hah! I like that one. I'm gonna keep that title on the shortlist.

Bravo! Bravissimo!! Encore, encore!

Each was marked with a symbol. A blazing sun

Sunset?

Shark Mare and Sun Horse?

Login or register to comment