• Published 7th Nov 2020
  • 5,120 Views, 428 Comments

I am my own OC - KittyrinnAiko



It started out as a blatant self insert and then morphed into something more.

  • ...
28
 428
 5,120

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: Sunset Shimmer goes off on Diamond Tiara.

What, what’s going on?” Dash asked as she was striding across the bank lobby only to have her way blocked by Luna’s outstretched wing.

Don’t jump to conclusions,” Luna cautioned. “Commander Spitfire is Scootaloo’s mother.”

Ahh…” Dash said looking at Luna.

Snap Shutter may be her father but he and Mane Allgood are the ones who are forever dumping Scootaloo and taking off on adventures. That is no way to raise a foal. Celestia and I just signed the order giving Spitfire custody of Scootaloo.

Oh,” Dash said softly.

And she’s rented their house so that Scootaloo doesn’t have to move,” Luna added giving her a wink. The next step will be the crown confiscating Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood’s property and assets, and then we are going to give Scootaloo the house with everything in a trust just in case anything were to happen to Spitfire.”

Dash looked at Luna and smiled a great big smile.

From what Spitfire told us Snap Shutter didn’t like the fact that Spitfire wasn’t free to take off any time he felt like it. He divorced her, married a researcher that was as flighty as he was, and then turned around and used his position at the Canterlot Natural History museum and Spitfire’s status as a single mother in the Guard to get custody of Scootaloo.”

Why would she even fall for a colt like that?” Dash asked.

He wrestles cragadiles for fun. Charming, adventurous, good-looking in the eye candy department, tell me you wouldn't fall for a stallion like that?”

I’m not actually into stallions, but I get your point.”

:applejackunsure:

It seems like an awe-full lot of money.” Applejack said to her father in another part of the lobby while the two guards were telling Nova that she couldn't just give the money to Lofty and Holiday.

It’s not. It’s barely a drop in the bucket when it comes to running a farm.” Bright Mac countered. “And if you should happen to find any more of the stones that Granny hasn’t spoiled.” He gave a wink, and Applejack couldn't resist snickering.

Ya, well something tells me they’re best when unearthed by a pair of Alicorns.” Applejack teased just as Spitfire was entering the scene. The scene that played out had touched AJ and Bloom in such a way that they’d both decided to give their father a big hug right then and there.

Prior to finishing up at the bank I'd had a brief conversation with Bright Mac as I was a little worried I might be overstepping my bounds by quite a bit. Not that it had been an issue when we'd thought we'd only get a few bits, but now we were getting hundreds. Not only was he fine with it, but it also turned out that the Crown-owned all mineral rights to the land as part of the original charter. What that meant is that as a Princess of Equestria I was well within my rights especially being I'd been backed by Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, and Sunset as she was also considered a princess of Equestria. Only Princess Celestia could overturn my decision. I wouldn't mind having a look at the charter. When we were finally done, we all went to Sugar Cube Corner for treats. Which is what Rumble had wanted in the first place.

Welcome to Sugar Cube corner.” Pinkie offered in a subdued tone. Her mane was looking somewhat deflated as well.

Pinkie Pie, rejoice and be glad for on this day Scootaloo is reunited with the mare who foaled her!” I called as I entered. “If ever there was an occasion deserving of a party it’s this one.” And then I tossed one of the big gold coins her way.

I watched as the coin seemed to tumble towards her in slow motion, her downcast expression brightening, the coin striking her on the forehead, Pinkie pitching backward, hooves flailing, Pinkie’s chubby frame falling into the display cabinet behind her, dropping to the floor along with the contents of the cabinet cascading down on top of her to finally vanish behind the counter.

There was a moment of silence held that day.

Pinkie popped back up a moment later with the Royal in her teeth, a big grin on her face, and her mane just as poofy as ever. That afternoon saw a party like none other, and it’d be many a day before it was topped.

🎉

The remainder of the week went as follows per day, up in the morning, breakfast, school for Scootaloo, Sunset, and myself. Granted that for Sunset it was all review and learning to be a Decent pony. In that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had been so gracious as to demonstrate how not to behave. Neither one seemed to have gotten the memo regarding who Sunset was or that I was an actual bonafide alicorn and daughter of Princess Luna. After school it was out to the Apple farm, lunch, chores, followed by Applejack and I helping Sunset and Scootaloo get in touch with their inner Earth pony, home, dinner, home study, bed, and repeat. Cadance and Luna actually spent most of their time at the library with Twilight. Scootaloo had been thrilled to be able to sleep in her own bed but had mixed emotions in that she’d kind of liked the pony pile we’d end up in at Lofty and Holiday’s place. We didn’t see much of Rumble that week and found out later that his father had decided that if Rumble was going to be a Wonderbolt he was going to teach him everything he knew. Oh, and we did find more of those stones. Every last one had been shattered by granny jamming it into the ground as hard as she could.

Yup, that there’s Granny’s size twelves.” Applejack lamented on finding another broken stone. It did beg the question was the apple farm on a dragon migration route, and what the hay was actually going on here? Bringing Rarity and Sweetie Belle in on the hunt was looking like a necessity if we wanted to find any that Granny hadn’t stomped.

Oh and one more thing, Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood were still at large and not likely to get brought in until they came into contact with a guard post or had to purchase a ticket. The rail and shipping lines had all been given a complete description along with the whys and what fores. It had also been made clear that they were not to be mistreated in any way. We just wanted them back so that they could own up for their neglect of Scootaloo.

I heard you had to dig up some dragon poo to make ends meet,” Diamond sneered as we exited the schoolhouse.

Please tell me I was never that dense,” Sunset said softly her ears going flat in disgust.

It was our last day before returning to Canterlot, and to be honest, I had mixed feelings. True, I’d be going to flight camp and then come back prior to the start of school in Canterlot, but I’d be leaving the Crusaders at the mercy of Diamond Tiara. Not that the Crusaders couldn't handle them. I was just feeling protective.

Oh ho ho ho,” Diamond laughed with a hoof up as if the cover her mouth. “And poor little Scootaloo, thrown out of Ms Lofty’s group home. You poor dear. It must be so awful knowing no pony wants you.”

Dear god she’s an Ojou Sama,” I muttered.

Hey, I got that reference,” Sunset whispered.

What? What are you smiling at?!” Diamond snapped. “Obviously no pony wants you, or you wouldn't be here, Sunset Dimmer. Your only friends are a freak and a bunch of blank flanks.”

Not having a cutie mark just means they’ve got lots of potential,” Sunset snapped back. “But you, what is that, oh yes, it’s a diamond tiara, same as your name.”

You better watch it, my daddy is Filthy Rich. He owns this town.” Diamond warned.

Owns it, the town?” Sunset asked. “Oh, you are delusional. Your Daddy doesn’t own a fraction of this little one cart town.” To be honest, the place had more than one cart, but it wasn't many. “And you…” Sunset took a step closer to Diamond, and I must say that at that moment she truly reminded me of a predator stalking its prey. “You know what you are? You are a little fish in a little town, your cutie mark suggests to me that your only talent is being daddy’s little princess. Your only talent is being an insufferable little brat. And those blank flanks as you like to call them, Apple Bloom’s father is a Barron, Sweetie Belle’s grandmother is Dutches Betty Bouffant, Scootaloo is back home with her mother, who is Commander Supermarine Spitfire of the Wonderbolts and a prominent member of the Supermarine family. Lord Pemberton is Scootaloo's grandfather and this freak as you call her,” Sunset gestured towards me. “She is Princess Kitsumi Nova, Daughter of Princess Luna Shepard of the Moon and Guardian of the Night, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is our cousin, yes I said our as in Cadance and Nova are my cousins as in their Aunt Tia is my mother, as in I am Princess Sunset Shimmer, not dimmer, and my mother is Princess Celestia herself. Why you could do time just for smearing my name.”

Lies, all lies!” Diamond protested as she took a step back.

Sunset closed the distance and then she started up again in a low menacing tone meant only for Diamond, “You bucking little sodbuster. You little mud mule. Since you seem to be incapable of reason, I am going to take everything you hold precious away from you. I am going to destroy you. I am going to destroy your family. Not because I can, but because putting little tin-plated bullies like you in their place is the right thing to do. I’m going to ruin your father and bury you so low you are going to have to aim your fucking flank to the sky just to shit, and then you are going to realize just how fake your no talent cutie mark truly is. You have no talent, no potential, and you are nothing without your daddy’s money. As for that piece of dragon poop, it’s been estimated to fetch a whopping three million bits per carat. It’s the largest of its kind ever found and is estimated to be around thirty thousand carats after it’s been cut. That’s ninety trillion bits worth of dragon poop. It’s being called the Arcano stone. As in it came off the Apple ranch and the find was officially credited to Princess Cadance and Princes Nova.”

Up to that point Diamond had been going off of half-heard gossip being bantered about by her mother. The reality of the situation seemed too impossible to believe.

Ya, right, like you're going to have me believing that Bright Mac is a Baron,” Diamond said as she tried to dismiss everything Sunset had just told her.

Diamond, Bright Mac is a Baron,” Silver Spoon offered. “All the major landowners who hold land claimed by their ancestors are barons and that includes the Apples. They’re in the list of old families of the nobility. They live the way they do because of Granny. They've got money, Granny just throws a fit if they try to use it.”

Diamond’s eyes shrink down to pinpricks.

You’re a nobody with delusions of grandeur. Enjoy the hole you dug for yourself. Oh, and one more thing, members of the nobility are notorious for getting their cutie marks late in life. That’s because they actually put some thought into what they want to do with their life. Unlike a lowlife, nobody, sodbuster, mud mule like you whose cutie mark is literally for being a brat,” Sunset whispered and then walked away.

Author's Note:
PreviousChapters Next